The Rougelike! 0.7drl

Timofei Shatrov

Mar 5, 2006, 4:04:21 PM3/5/06

The Rougelike! 0.7drl is released. It was written mostly in Common Lisp
in 7 days with absolutely zero code used from other projects.

I didn't write readme file in time for the release, so I'll have to
explain a few things how to play it.

The Rougelike takes a satirical take on Wikipedia, an open content
encyclopedia that everyone knows about (if you don't, visit
http://en.wikipedia.org). You're playing a "rouge admin" (misspelling is
intentional), and you should make as many rouge actions as possible.
There are also other mons^H^H^H^Hpeople walking around:

*noob - very weak and very stupid. If welcomed, becomes user
*user - standard guy without any special powers. If user is especially
good, he gets promoted to admin
*admin - can delete stuff and ban users (with banhammer).
*bureaucrat - can promote users to admins

You can do the following actions:
*move around (numpad/arrows)
*wait ('5')
*delete article or userbox ('d')
*revert vandalism ('r')
*switch weapon between banhammer and bare hands (you wield no weapon by
default). Banhammer doubles changes that you get to your stats during
combat. ('w')
*look around ('l')
*see next message (SPACE)
*recap previous messages (BACKSPACE)
*welcome n00b ('W')
*quit ('Q')

You have two changeable stats: Karma and Rogue. If you have negative
Karma people would start attacking you with no reason. Rouge is your
score - the higher the better. Rouge actions include those that anger
people: fighting and deleting good stuff (but even deleting bad stuff
could anger some noobs). Your HP doesn't regenerate (yet), so try to
avoid fighting (even if it gives you a lot of rouge points).

Get it right now:
http://common-lisp.net/project/lifp/rouge.zip (2.1 Mb)

--
|(except for ending slavery, ||mail: grue at mail.ru ================ |