Who uses '-' and ';' anyway ?

1 view

konijn_

Nov 25, 2006, 6:07:26 PM11/25/06
So,

I was updating the help on Hellband and finally found out ( after like
a decade of playing *band) what these keys do :

';' <direction>
Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
settings are such that you normally do so.

'-' <direction>
Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
settings are such that you do not normally do so.

Does anybody use those keys ?? I might free them up for macro's if
nobody uses them.

Cheers,
T.

Eddie Grove

Nov 25, 2006, 6:52:14 PM11/25/06
"konijn_" <kon...@gmail.com> writes:

> So,
>
> I was updating the help on Hellband and finally found out ( after like
> a decade of playing *band) what these keys do :
>
> ';' <direction>
> Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
> settings are such that you normally do so.
>
> '-' <direction>
> Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
> settings are such that you do not normally do so.

The '-' is crucial to me.

If you have things set to disarm traps automatically, but want to jump
down a trapdoor without mucking through your settings, that is the
way. It is also important when using autopickup when you do not wish
to pick things up. I use it a whole lot.

Eddie

konijn_

Nov 25, 2006, 6:49:00 PM11/25/06

Right, so the help is not really complete here. Thanks !

> Eddie

Nick McConnell

Nov 25, 2006, 8:23:32 PM11/25/06
On 2006-11-26 00:49:00, "konijn_" <kon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Eddie Grove wrote:

> > "konijn_" writes:
> >
> > > So,
> > >
> > > I was updating the help on Hellband and finally found out ( after like
> > > a decade of playing *band) what these keys do :
> > >
> > > ';'

> > > Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
> > > settings are such that you normally do so.
> > >
> > > '-'

> > > Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
> > > settings are such that you do not normally do so.
> >
> > The '-' is crucial to me.
> >
> > If you have things set to disarm traps automatically, but want to jump
> > down a trapdoor without mucking through your settings, that is the
> > way. It is also important when using autopickup when you do not wish
> > to pick things up. I use it a whole lot.
>

> Right, so the help is not really complete here. Thanks !

They're used internally a bit too, I think - so '_' is used in shop entering,
etc.

Nick.
--
Nick McConnell
FA + "Ooog" DN L:42 DL:57 A+ R++ Sp w:Rog

Daniel Fishman

Nov 26, 2006, 7:39:10 AM11/26/06

konijn_ wrote:

I'm pretty certain they're needed for writing macros which cause the
player to move.

Daniel

Hugo Kornelis

Nov 26, 2006, 6:24:18 PM11/26/06
On 25 Nov 2006 15:07:26 -0800, konijn_ wrote:

>So,
>
>I was updating the help on Hellband and finally found out ( after like
>a decade of playing *band) what these keys do :
>
>';' <direction>
>Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
>settings are such that you normally do so.

Hi T.,

I never use this explicitly, but I believe that they are used to map the
numeric keypad keys to the movement commands.

>'-' <direction>
>Take a single step in a direction, picking up objects if your option
>settings are such that you do not normally do so.

Since I have autopickup enabled, I often use this when fighting in an
area with many heavy items on the floorm, that would cause me to be
slowed when picked up.

Best, Hugo

--
Angband spoilers: http://www.juti.nl/hugo/Angband/Spoiler/index.htm