Wishing engine

Xorxe

Oct 24, 2006, 5:17:39 AM10/24/06
I've heard of it in random places, but it has never been described, and
looks extremely complex.

And it involves wishes. :)

So could this fine, non-cheaty newsgroup please explain the finer
points of the wishing engine?

KevinO

Oct 24, 2006, 5:52:11 AM10/24/06

Search this group for 'Archmage', that's what we call a character with
a wishing engine.

- Kevin

sgeos

Oct 24, 2006, 6:48:11 AM10/24/06
Xorxe のメッセージ:

.
.
.

.
.
.

I think that a wishing engine == book casting wish.
It requires massive amounts of PP.
You'll want the mana orb and elemental gauntlets.

How many hours does it take to make an archmage?

-Brendan

KevinO

Oct 24, 2006, 7:33:06 AM10/24/06
sgeos wrote:
> Xorxe のメッセージ:

> > So could this fine, non-cheaty newsgroup please explain the finer
> > points of the wishing engine?
>
> How many hours does it take to make an archmage?

Many, I understand it's extremely tedius. Again, if you search the
group for 'archmage' you'll get all the details.

- Kevin

Elethiomel

Oct 24, 2006, 8:38:17 AM10/24/06
sgeos wrote:
> Xorxe のメッセージ:
>
>>I've heard of it in random places, but it has never been described, and
>>looks extremely complex.
>>
>>And it involves wishes. :)
>>
>>So could this fine, non-cheaty newsgroup please explain the finer
>>points of the wishing engine?
>

> ..
> ..
> ..

> ..
> ..
> ..

> I think that a wishing engine == book casting wish.
> It requires massive amounts of PP.
> You'll want the mana orb and elemental gauntlets.
>
> How many hours does it take to make an archmage?

A wish engine is any repeatable process that can produce an endless
amount of wishes. Book casting wish is one way to do it, but not the
most efficient once you get it going, because you have to wait for PP to
regenerate or willfuly corrupt yourself with the Mana Orb.

Another, more efficient way is to pick-pocket or otherwise generate a
very large amount of rings. If you use the gremlin pick-pocket trick in
the water dragon lair this will also give you a lot of potions of water,
which are also needed to get this engine started. Once you have a
sufficiently large number of rings, you start by dipping any Rings of
Djinni Summoning into some holy water and wishing for "exchanges" to get
potions of exchange. Then you take your largest amount of identical
rings, make them have the same B/U/C status, probably by blessing them
with potions of water, and start dipping the stack in your potions of
exchange. Continue this until the stack you're dipping turns into rings
of djinni summoning. You should now have sufficient wishes to restore
your amount of potions of exchange and have some wishes left over. Once
you've spent those wishes you can start the cycle again.

That's my understanding of the process, at least.
--
A good signature is a concise and original summary of personality. This
is not a good signature.

nako...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2006, 9:24:00 PM11/5/06

Yup, though i should mention, the potions of exchange route is MUCH
more tedious and slow. all a good archmage needs is the ToTRR, the mana
orb, decent talents, and mana. A wishing machine based on rings needs
ALOT of luck to get going, and even then its tedious, i've dipped 45
times in a row before i got a set of djinni rings (max of 19 rings
dipped at a time), which means if you get consistantly unlucky, your
wishing engine can fall over at any time. It does have the added
advantage of getting wishes at any time, but an archmage can do a
similiar thing (wish for rings, wish for potions and then keep them as
a "backup" for later)