The village of Terinyo (bugs included)

Robert

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
I've been...well...experimenting with some things, mostly with Terinyo.
(fine I've been desperately searching for bugs or interesting things ;-)
Spoily space! for some of these could be very useful tactics...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

First off, the color bug is not fixed. You can go into the village and
immediately find a door by using the "l"ook command or even the "t"arget
command (if ya have something to target with and you target past a wall).
It will show up brown while all the others show up gray. I've tested this
in dungeons too. Sorry Thomas it ain't fixed yet ;-(

If you are a mindcrafter, you can confuse creatures and they won't get
hostile if you don't see them when you do it.

You can safely kill any inhabitant by:
Letting them see you mentally confuse them (This does NOT work with mind
blast.)
Having them notice that you are picking their pockets.
Ordering a friend to kill them. (this also doesn't affect your alignment :)
If your friend dies in the attempt the inhabitant still doesn't get mad :)

Its also kinda funny how a pissed off farmer/child/wife can't do anything
once you get to the edge of the screen. They just...well....stand there
looking like an angry moron. Very easy to pelt them with ammo.

While as he won't get mad, you can confuse the druid with ventriloquism. Is
this right? I know he is resistant to confusion attacks like confusion
blast. But ventriloquism always seems to work.

The shop keeper still notices that I pick up food even though he is
currently confused by ventriloquism. I just thought this was weird...It
shouldn't be changed. Maybe a new message? He also won't get mad from this
skill.

I threw a potion of healing at the shop keeper and he got really mad...even
before it hit. (same with the healer and others) Why should creatures get
mad if the potions that you are throwing at them are helpful?

Potions don't get identified if thrown at someone. Things like
exchange/poison/sickness definitely should.

I threw some raw meat at a rat in the inf. dungeon. He caught it. But
nothing else happened.

Why can't you throw an arrow/quarrel at someone? You can throw all sorts of
other stuff at them. Maybe a message should say. Are you sure you want to
throw the arrow without a bow? [y/N]

Why does a farmer call you "you worship" if you yourself are a farmer?

Creatures should not "cunningly stare at you" (when you throw a potion of
{potential} learning at them) when they are blind. (same is true with a
potion of {potential} perception and maybe others)

The effects of a "vibrate with life" room doesn't effect the "W" command.
Should it? I killed an orc who had 4 hit points (first orc I killed) and
the "W" command says I do from 3-8 points of damage. a hit would take this
orc from uninjured to slightly wounded to moderately to severely (insert 1
miss here) to moderately to severely do dead.
Just so you know...I was fighting a giant rat before the orc and I couldn't
harm it at all. The orc appears at the doorway and throws a crude knife at
me. It misses and kills the giant rat ;-)

Thats all for now.... I'm sure I'll find some more interesting things
later. But now I got to get some sleep.
--
(: ***ROBERT*** :)

Leon Planken

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99

> Creatures should not "cunningly stare at you" (when you throw a potion of
> {potential} learning at them) when they are blind. (same is true with a
> potion of {potential} perception and maybe others)

Also, at least in g12, when you are blind and you walk into a closed door
without opening, the message "You give this obstinate obstacle a grim
glance" may be displayed.

/Leon

Thomas Biskup

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99

> First off, the color bug is not fixed. You can go into the village and
> immediately find a door by using the "l"ook command or even the "t"arget
> command (if ya have something to target with and you target past a wall).
> It will show up brown while all the others show up gray. I've tested this
> in dungeons too. Sorry Thomas it ain't fixed yet ;-(

That's the *other* color bug... *the* color bug is the one, where some
spots retain the color of the monster you last saw there ;->

--
Thomas Biskup
ADOM maintainer >=====------------=====< ADOM 0.9.9 Gamma 13 available now!

Official ADOM webpage available at http://www.adom.de