Blessing large stacks of items?

Dkarrde

Nov 14, 2004, 9:07:25 AM11/14/04
Spoils
.
..
Spoils
.
..
Spoils
.
..
Spoils
.
..
****************

I'm looking for a way to bless large stacks of items, such as a bushel
of 100 uncursed stomafillia (a character without Herbalism). I had
heard said before that a blessed scroll of repair used on the stack
would do the trick, but it doesn't seem to work (at least for stacks
of items that aren't broken). A potion of holy water is horribly
inefficient, blessing only nine at a time. Is there any means of
blessing more efficient than this?

-Dkarrde

Stephen White

Nov 14, 2004, 9:44:39 AM11/14/04

Yes, the scrolls of repair method. It's kinda an exploit I think, but
here it is:

First use a cursed scroll of repair and select the heap. They will
break - you will have a heap of 100 uncursed broken stomafillia.

Then fix them, with a blessed scroll of repair. In addition to the
fixing, their status will be upgraded one level, in this case from
cursed to blessed.

Stephen White

Nov 14, 2004, 10:36:44 AM11/14/04
> Then fix them, with a blessed scroll of repair. In addition to the
> fixing, their status will be upgraded one level, in this case from
> cursed to blessed.

Or rather, uncursed to blessed. Doh!

I'm not used to using the term uncursed, I changed that long ago in
my copy of ADOM to "normal".

Colin McCaughan

Nov 14, 2004, 1:33:17 PM11/14/04
Stephen White <fake_email_address@fake_domain.com> wrote in

By the by, exactly how do you do that?

Stephen White

Nov 14, 2004, 2:37:35 PM11/14/04

Edit adom.cfg in the ADOM dat folder. Mine has the line:

Uncursed_String = normal

Przemyslaw Brojewski

Nov 15, 2004, 6:31:45 AM11/15/04

I tend to use this method deep in the ID to produce more holy water.

brojek.