Galactic Trader FTP site

me...@ad.enet.dec.com

Feb 26, 1992, 5:38:08 PM2/26/92

Just a quick note to let you know that GT 5.33 is now availabe via anonymous
FTP once again. Please note that only the executable is being distributed. This
is due to the distributed nature of the game - a malicious player with the
sources available could easily bring havoc to the galaxy and destroy the game
for everyone playing. Note that sources are available for GT 4.55. Please
send email to myself if you wish to obtain these sources.

The FTP site for Galactic Trader version 5.33, as well as Gigabucks, is
pomona.claremont.edu (GT is in the util:[anonymous.games.gal-trader] subdirectory). Thanks to Seann for making this available.

For the uninitiated, GT is a multi-player, quasi-realtime, space trading/combat game where players compete to achieve wealth, rank and status through sucess in combat and commerce. Galactic Trader requires a VT100 or compatible terminal and VAX/VMS 5.2 or greater.

Stephan Meier
Email: me...@ad.enet.dec.com
jy...@crnlvax5.bitnet

WU, ZUOGUO

Mar 1, 1992, 10:27:00 PM3/1/92
In article <1992Feb26....@ryn.mro4.dec.com>, me...@ad.enet.dec.com () writes...

>Just a quick note to let you know that GT 5.33 is now availabe via anonymous
>FTP once again. Please note that only the executable is being distributed. This

In Gal-Trader 5.33, if you set the auto-missile-purchase flag on, the when you
land, you get a message like "-.2 missile purchased ...". I think this is
a minor bug and can be easily fixed. It doesn't appear in the older versions.
The cause of this I believe is that you try to remove the additional 10 credit
charge when the auto flag is on. Thanks!

--- ZGW