Can i make game

Jassada Takulkunati - SCCS - 3870715

Nov 15, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/15/95
Hello

if anyone can help me send mail to me at u387...@mahidol.ac.th.

first problem is I want to know many games can make from ?
second is i know c,c++.Will i make games like DOOM.

thank you very much

John Paul D'India

Nov 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/16/95
: Hello
:
: if anyone can help me send mail to me at u387...@mahidol.ac.th.

: first problem is I want to know many games can make from ?
: second is i know c,c++.Will i make games like DOOM.

Where do they grow these people?

--
====================================
John Paul D'India - D'India Software

Mathew Edward Maher

Nov 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/16/95
No, I don't think you can.

P.S. you english needs a little improvement

If you want to see what goes into game programs, then WWW to www.idsoftware.com
and look at wolftenstien source code.

Mat.

Leif Terry

Nov 16, 1995, 3:00:00 AM11/16/95
Jassada Takulkunati - SCCS - 3870715 (u387...@mucc.mahidol.ac.th) wrote:
: first problem is I want to know many games can make from ?
I don't understand your first question.
: second is i know c,c++.
A good start. They're fine languages. I like C++ a lot for games.
Practice and gain skills and within a couple years you should be able to
make a decent game.
For a 3-d game you will need to know a fair amount of linear algebra,
possibly some assembly, and general optimization skills. If you want to
make a DOS game you will have to learn about ports and IRQs and
interrupts and all kinds of funny stuff.
If you want to make to project easier you can use outside graphics and sound
libraries.
Read this newgroup. Download anything that looks interesting from
x2ftp.oulu.fi

: Will i make games like DOOM.
Is this a question or a statement?
By like DOOM, do you mean a 3-D shooting things game?
I hope you don't make one. If I see another I'll probably hurl.

Do you mean a game that's fun, easy to learn, good graphics, good sound,
user modifiable?
Sounds great!

Do you mean that you will write a game that will be a whole new paradigm
for video games?
Maybe. Remember that the people at Id were shipping games for years before
they made Doom.

Leif