Lloyd I thought steve ritchie's next game was not AC/DC? It sure is :)

d rock

Nov 9, 2011, 9:43:05 PM11/9/11
Check out this video between 3:20 and 3:21; I see steve's next game
and that sure appears to be bon scott's horns from highway to hell :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jil9nzP6OP4
enjoy guys
and go STERN :)
derek

John I

Nov 9, 2011, 9:52:36 PM11/9/11

Looks more like viking horns to me. It was Angus with the horns and
they were not curved.

John

--
John I

http://www.southernpinballfestival.com/
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

BoJo

Nov 9, 2011, 9:57:22 PM11/9/11

Here is a snapshot of the screen for those who care to see:

http://tinyurl.com/7x3q8lv

--
BoJo

mnpinball

Nov 9, 2011, 9:56:56 PM11/9/11
On Nov 9, 8:43 pm, d rock <musk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Check out this video between 3:20 and 3:21;  I see steve's next game
> and that sure appears to be bon scott's horns from highway to hell :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jil9nzP6OP4
> enjoy guys
> and go STERN :)
> derek

I hope Lloyd gets one for SS Billiards as this title would do very
well there.

Lloyd Olson

Nov 9, 2011, 10:13:47 PM11/9/11
Well that is good enough for me.

Even though Steve himself posted his game isn't AC/DC, we know Derek can't
be fooled.

Get your AC/DC orders in now.

P.S. I don't have a horse in this race, as far as what the title I think it
will be. I just hope it's a great pin for Steve, great for the people who
get them, and great for stern !

LTG :)

"d rock" <mus...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Dr_Gonzo

Nov 9, 2011, 10:16:05 PM11/9/11
That layout looks a lot like Getaway.

CDG

Nov 9, 2011, 10:18:48 PM11/9/11
I don't think that the horns can possibly match up to the classic
Angus pic. Go look at that photo. The horns are on a hat, and the
outline on that playfield doesn't match up at all.

Lloyd Olson

Nov 9, 2011, 10:31:32 PM11/9/11
It will never happen. After jodie's tirade about me at the Expo Transformers
launch party, I'll never buy anything from stern, ever.

They seem to have confused our roles here. I'm profit, they are overhead.

Lloyd

"mnpinball" <mnpi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

CEllison

Nov 9, 2011, 10:31:02 PM11/9/11
How about we consider the stand up targets on the right hand side - 4
of them. What could they spell? ACDC maybe?
I'm also looking at the horns which I can't hink of any other band
that that could be tied to.

I'm with Lloyd though - no dog in the race and just hope it's a great
title.

-=Chris=-

Borygard

Nov 9, 2011, 10:46:17 PM11/9/11
I think the horse and horns are in the race, maybe a horse from the
30th century. With a little Angus thrown in for mood.

8D

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

On Nov 9, 9:13 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Well that is good enough for me.
>
> Even though Steve himself posted his game isn't AC/DC, we know Derek can't
> be fooled.
>
> Get your AC/DC orders in now.
>
> P.S. I don't have a horse in this race, as far as what the title I think it
> will be. I just hope it's a great pin for Steve, great for the people who
> get them, and great for stern !
>
> LTG :)

destruk

Nov 9, 2011, 10:51:04 PM11/9/11

With horns it's obviously a King of the Zombies pinball game - it has
the required age component for their market demographic, the license is
less than $200/machine, and it should be quite profitable since everyone
wants more zombies pinball machines.

--
destruk

Beechwood

Nov 9, 2011, 10:57:34 PM11/9/11

Well, if you look at the lower 1/2 of the playfield, in the center, you
can see a horned, looking silhouette with guitars near the top. That
and the lightning bolt ala High Voltage make me thing it may be AC/DC.

Hmmm....

Joel
HIOP

--
Beechwood

azpinlawyer

Nov 9, 2011, 11:02:01 PM11/9/11
Looks very ordinary to me. :-(

MHS

Nov 9, 2011, 10:59:18 PM11/9/11
How is it that no one is mentioning the lightning bolt in the center
of the photograph?

Beechwood

Nov 9, 2011, 11:09:04 PM11/9/11

AC/DC??????... no thanks... sorry, I was expecting something
revolutionary, not a game based on music I listened to 20 years ago...
seriously???

destruk

Nov 9, 2011, 11:13:20 PM11/9/11

But Elvis sold so well!

--
destruk

stangbat

Nov 9, 2011, 11:14:57 PM11/9/11

Just to the right of the middle of the screen is a vertically oriented
side diagram of the playfield showing how the bell swings. And I think
a drawing of the bell is to the right of this diagram.

Horns, lighting bolt, bell. Yep, AC/DC.

--
stangbat

MHS

Nov 9, 2011, 11:09:39 PM11/9/11
ah... beechwood got it. nevermind.

Pinballed

Nov 9, 2011, 11:15:23 PM11/9/11
its looking pretty Angus to me

Beechwood

Nov 9, 2011, 11:19:16 PM11/9/11

Expect GNR numbers on this one... what a let down.

Captain Neo

Nov 9, 2011, 11:43:54 PM11/9/11
I think it would be badass, to have a bell with a magnet on the plumb
that grabs the ball off the ramp and rings the bell. There better be
cannons in this thing that shoot the ball out. Maybe something like
big guns? Maybe an inflatable rosie in the back corner that slowly
inflates as you make shots for rosie multiball. :)

beatmaster

Nov 10, 2011, 12:01:34 AM11/10/11

could be anything, people see what they wanna see!

could be something with viking or devil, satan, why jump to the
conclusion with acdc?
ritchie said it wont be acdc and i hope he's right, c'mon another music
pin, like someone said, it's time for something new.
i like acdc, but for a pin... nope, not for me.

--
beatmaster

MrBally

Nov 10, 2011, 12:02:02 AM11/10/11
On Nov 9, 10:13 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Well that is good enough for me.
>
> Even though Steve himself posted his game isn't AC/DC, we know Derek can't
> be fooled.
>
> Get your AC/DC orders in now.
>
> P.S. I don't have a horse in this race, as far as what the title I think it
> will be. I just hope it's a great pin for Steve, great for the people who
> get them, and great for stern !
>
> LTG :)
>
> "d rock" <musk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Check out this video between 3:20 and 3:21;  I see steve's next game
> > and that sure appears to be bon scott's horns from highway to hell :)
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jil9nzP6OP4
> > enjoy guys
> > and go STERN :)
> > derek- Hide quoted text -

Don't get burned; Wait for the LE.

rly...@carolina.rr.com

Nov 10, 2011, 12:05:01 AM11/10/11

WAYYYY back in the day, Steve said he was excited about the title, and
that they also had a strong backup title too.

Even if this is a CAD drawing of an AC/DC pin, it could be an aborted
AC/DC pin.

Interesting to speculate on, though.

--
RLy...@carolina.rr.com

Zane Kryzanowsky

Nov 10, 2011, 12:07:57 AM11/10/11
Damn, very tempted to start putting money away and buy my first Stern.

Woz

Nov 10, 2011, 12:43:42 AM11/10/11

stangbat;1818227 Wrote:
> Just to the right of the middle of the screen is a vertically oriented
> side diagram of the playfield showing how the bell swings. And I think
> a drawing of the bell is to the right of this diagram.
>
> Horns, lighting bolt, bell. Yep, AC/DC.

+1 on the horns bolt and bell :)

If it's not AC/DC then what is it?

--
Woz

destruk

Nov 10, 2011, 12:45:24 AM11/10/11

The true identity of Gary Stern! :)

Woz;1818272 Wrote:
> +1 on the horns bolt and bell :)
>
> If it's not AC/DC then what is it?

--
destruk

Keith P. Johnson

Nov 10, 2011, 2:19:33 AM11/10/11
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 00:45:24 -0500, destruk <des...@gmail.com> wrote:
>The true identity of Gary Stern! :)

RETURN OF GARYROG

keith
--
Further fora you can reach me:
twitter: @pinballkeefer

Eric A.

Nov 10, 2011, 6:40:32 AM11/10/11
On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 01:19:33 -0600, Keith P. Johnson
<pin-w...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 00:45:24 -0500, destruk <des...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>The true identity of Gary Stern! :)
>
>RETURN OF GARYROG
>
>keith

LOL!!!!!! BEST MODE EVER!!!

Eric A. (The true identity of a clown)
313-268-0541

Taylorva

Nov 10, 2011, 7:06:54 AM11/10/11

Star wars. All episodes, devil horns look just like Darth Maul.

--
Taylorva

Castor E.

Nov 10, 2011, 7:24:10 AM11/10/11
Corrected for you:

WOZ??????... no thanks... sorry, I was expecting something
revolutionary, not a game based on movie I watched 30 years ago...
seriously???

Jeff Palmer

Nov 10, 2011, 8:38:11 AM11/10/11
While we are speculating:

If it is not AC/DC and there is a helmet with horns, lighting bolts-
maybe BK3K? Or does the BK name belong specifically to Williams?

MonsterBash

Nov 10, 2011, 9:05:53 AM11/10/11
Pretty similar to WPT...at least the ramps

Max Badazz

Nov 10, 2011, 9:44:23 AM11/10/11
> It will never happen. After jodie's tirade about me at the Expo Transformers
> launch party, I'll never buy anything from stern, ever.

This sounds like a juicy story. What happened with this? I didn't
see anything on RGP about it (then again I was away on another trip)

Chris (in NH)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/maxbadazz
WTB: Strider arcade marquee

chuck

Nov 10, 2011, 9:43:30 AM11/10/11
On Nov 9, 9:43 pm, d rock <musk...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Check out this video between 3:20 and 3:21;  I see steve's next game
> and that sure appears to be bon scott's horns from highway to hell :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jil9nzP6OP4
> enjoy guys
> and go STERN :)
> derek

I think the good thing about AC/DC is they still feel heavy after all
these years. Kiss sounded dark and evil in the day but sounds like
average pop rock to me today. Hopefully we'll get larger repeating
chunks of music and use based on the modes.

mr tobias

Nov 10, 2011, 10:31:18 AM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 3:31 am, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> It will never happen. After jodie's tirade about me at the Expo Transformers
> launch party, I'll never buy anything from stern, ever.
>
> They seem to have confused our roles here. I'm profit, they are overhead.
>
> Lloyd
>
> "mnpinball" <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > I hope Lloyd gets one for SS Billiards as this title would do very
> > well there.- Hide quoted text -

That's sad to hear. What was it all about?

Bryan Kelly

Nov 10, 2011, 11:32:57 AM11/10/11
I hadn't heard about this, Lloyd. What did he have issue with? Of
course, if it's none of my business, then it's none of my business.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Retrogameconnection

Nov 10, 2011, 11:57:16 AM11/10/11

Beechwood;1818221 Wrote:
> AC/DC??????... no thanks... sorry, I was expecting something
> revolutionary, not a game based on music I listened to 20 years ago...
> seriously???
>
> Joel
> HIOP

Joel is making too much sense here....

+1

--
Retrogameconnection

Eddie Brimer

Nov 10, 2011, 12:42:20 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 11:57 am, Retrogameconnection <Wins...@earthlink.net>
wrote:
Look at the file name at the top left of the screen. Do a little
zooming, a little clean up, a little squinting....starts with AC

Eddie Brimer

Nov 10, 2011, 12:46:07 PM11/10/11
On Nov 9, 10:16 pm, Dr_Gonzo <jsm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 7:57 pm, BoJo <slap...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Here is a snapshot of the screen for those who care to see:
>
> >http://tinyurl.com/7x3q8lv
>
> > --
> > BoJo
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com
>
> That layout looks a lot like Getaway.

also says...Someone has screwed this hole diameter up twice. then
states correct hole diameter.

Ned Ledod

Nov 10, 2011, 1:34:21 PM11/10/11
Heh, heh, heh. Anything can be bought. And has been. The "flipping"
playfield problems have been worked out. The newest feature being
worked on is almost as amazing! Stay tuned. BK 2012 "Armagedon-The
Final Battle". Dec. 2012

chuck

Nov 10, 2011, 1:39:02 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 11:32 am, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> I hadn't heard about this, Lloyd.  What did he have issue with?  Of
> course, if it's none of my business, then it's none of my business.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> On Nov 9, 9:31 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
>

> > It will never happen. After jodie's tirade about me at the Expo Transformers
> > launch party, I'll never buy anything from stern, ever.
>
> > They seem to have confused our roles here. I'm profit, they are overhead.
>
> > Lloyd

Jody reads RGP.

kevinb

Nov 10, 2011, 1:52:39 PM11/10/11
As no one has, I'll play devil's advocate and point out that this
whole thing could just be Jody f**king with you. This video was not
sourced by a covert spy taking the Stern tour, but by Stern itself.
That is, unless somebody screwed up, you are only seeing what Stern
wants you to see. On the other hand, normally any publicity is good
publicity, and right or wrong, it did get the pinheads talking Stern
instead of JJP.

KRB
(LOTR, TSPP and looking for a SM)

Bryan Kelly

Nov 10, 2011, 2:03:06 PM11/10/11
Well, then, that explains the private email exchange between Lloyd and
me.

Hi, Jody. ;-)
On Nov 10, 12:39 pm, chuck <ch...@clhess.com> wrote:

> Jody reads RGP.- Hide quoted text -

Lloyd Olson

Nov 10, 2011, 2:19:53 PM11/10/11
If jody wants a copy of the email I sent to you, please forward it to him.

Lloyd

"Bryan Kelly" <bske...@aol.com> wrote in message

chuck

Nov 10, 2011, 2:29:35 PM11/10/11
On Nov 10, 2:19 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> If jody wants a copy of the email I sent to you, please forward it to him.
>
> Lloyd
>
> "Bryan Kelly" <bskel...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Well, then, that explains the private email exchange between Lloyd and
> me.
>
> Hi, Jody.  ;-)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> On Nov 10, 12:39 pm, chuck <ch...@clhess.com> wrote:
>

> > Jody reads RGP.- Hide quoted text -

I'm not sure what Jody said (I don't think Jody knows what he said.)
You should give them another chance. I know your purchases are very
important to them...

John Kosmal - www.MiPinball.com

Nov 10, 2011, 3:17:53 PM11/10/11
Report not abuse
On Nov 9, 11:02 pm, azpinlawyer <gregda...@mail2lawyer.com> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 8:57 pm, Beechwood <jzylstra1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Well, if you look at the lower 1/2 of the playfield, in the center, you
> > can see a horned, looking silhouette with guitars near the top.  That
> > and the lightning bolt ala High Voltage make me thing it may be AC/DC.
>
> > Hmmm....
>
> > Joel
> > HIOP
>
> > --
> > Beechwood
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com
>
> Looks very ordinary to me.  :-(

Look closer...

Koz

Mike in P-Hill

Nov 10, 2011, 4:45:23 PM11/10/11

My guess is that AC = ACad, Short for AutoCad.

Since that's the software they use to draw the stuff. I eouldn't read
too much into the "horns" either that might just be something moved out
of the drawing just in case it's needed again. Just a guess, but I draw
stuff for a living to support my addiction.

Mike

Mike

--
Mike in P-Hill

hassell castle

Nov 10, 2011, 5:17:28 PM11/10/11

Lightening bolt to the side of the playfield makes me think of the
lightening bolts on BK2K. Both BK games have been very successful for
Ritchie.

Guys...I'm seriously thinking it maybe a BK3K pinball.

Look at pics of BK2K...the Knight has horns on his helmet.
Further more the cad drawing looks like a multi-playfield design.

Yep....if this is the title....I may have to start saving. BK2K to me
seemed ahead of it's time in 1989. Perhaps that's what he's doing again
considering we are sitting at the 30 year anniversary of the original
and those games have really helped brand his design quality. AC/DC
nothing for me no matter how cool it is. BK3K....I'm in.

I want some official news!!! What is it dammit!

--
hassell castle

freeman

Nov 11, 2011, 1:10:44 PM11/11/11
On Nov 10, 1:52 pm, kevinb <kbal...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> As no one has, I'll play devil's advocate and point out that this
> whole thing could just be Jody f**king with you.

Given the picture of Alice in Borg's office, don't put it past Stern
messing with RGP. They are very likely doing it for the LOLz.

There is still hope for a Star Trek movie pin.

Frank Furhter

Nov 11, 2011, 1:13:13 PM11/11/11
freeman wrote:
> On Nov 10, 1:52 pm, kevinb<kbal...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>> As no one has, I'll play devil's advocate and point out that this
>> whole thing could just be Jody f**king with you.
>

> Given the picture of Alice in Borg's office, don't put it past Stern
> messing with RGP. They are very likely doing it for the LOLz.

Gary does have a love hate relationship with RGP, and so do the boys
they hire.

> There is still hope for a Star Trek movie pin.

Not really.

--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.

mnpinball

Nov 11, 2011, 1:17:28 PM11/11/11
AC/DC is next.

Pinboy-Archive

Nov 11, 2011, 3:47:44 PM11/11/11

Jeez.... WOZ is more exiting to me, and WOZ is not exciting to me.

--
Pinboy-Archive

Bob Langelius

Nov 11, 2011, 3:53:45 PM11/11/11
I'm glad to see I'm not the only 2d Autocad guy around...

:)

Bob

joeshabadu2000

Nov 13, 2011, 8:11:24 AM11/13/11
I thought I read something about Gary Stern saying that they only do
licensed games, no exceptions, because their overseas distributors
basically demand it. Black Knight is a storied franchise among pinball
enthusiasts, but I don't think the general public knows or cares about
Black Knight, so really your only market with that title is the true
pinhead. AC/DC, on the other hand, is known worldwide across a wide
group of people, so Gary would be able to count on a good number of
preorders from Europe and Asia that just wouldn't come for BK3K. I
would love BK3K as much as everybody else on here, I just have a hard
time thinking that Stern would release it.

Jersey Jack Pinball, on the other hand, would be a perfect fit to
release BK3K. They seem to be targeting the enthusiast market anyway,
and I think there are a good number of collectors who would pay premium
prices for a nice widebody BK3K with all the bells and whistles, and
with the build quality of the mid-90's Williams games. Jack, please
call Steve and get the ball rolling, I'll start saving my $8k as soon as
you make the announcement!

--
joeshabadu2000

d rock

Nov 13, 2011, 9:51:20 AM11/13/11
> This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com- Hide quoted text -

Trust me Steve will not let us down with ACDC; it will be one of his
best titles ever. He has had more time to work on this game then any
of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
put in it too, and the LE will have everything in the game that he
wants to be in there. So AC/DC will not let you down; plus Steve has
chosen to work at Stern for several reasons. He believes they can
make a great product. Plus they have some of the best designers at
stern with Gomez, Ritchie, Borg, and the soon to be named designer
too. He had the choice to sign up with JJP, but he chose Stern; which
speaks volumes to me. He is the KING of pinball. Plus Borg's next
game will have a killer theme and I don't know about you guys bot lets
compare titles:
WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
theme that the pinball community wanted
TRANSFORMERS- we have been asking for this title a long time and is a
no brainer for a pinball theme
ACDC- Ritchie has wanted to do this title forever and we have been
asking for an acdc pin for a long time also; not to mention they are
still very relevant and their tour was one of the top grossing tours
of all time last year.
Just some of my thoughts; Godd times for pinball
derek

mr tobias

Nov 13, 2011, 11:35:01 AM11/13/11
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com-Hide quoted text -

> Trust me Steve will not let us down with ACDC; it will be one of his
> best titles ever.  He has had more time to work on this game then any
> of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
> put in it too, and the LE will have everything in the game that he
> wants to be in there.  So AC/DC will not let you down; plus Steve has
> chosen to work at Stern for several reasons.  He believes they can
> make a great product.  Plus they have some of the best designers at
> stern with Gomez, Ritchie, Borg, and the soon to be named designer
> too.  He had the choice to sign up with JJP, but he chose Stern; which
> speaks volumes to me.  He is the KING of pinball.  Plus Borg's next
> game will have a killer theme and I don't know about you guys bot lets
> compare titles:
> WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
> theme that the pinball community wanted
> TRANSFORMERS- we have been asking for this title a long time and is a
> no brainer for a pinball theme
> ACDC- Ritchie has wanted to do this title forever and we have been
> asking for an acdc pin for a long time also; not to mention they are
> still very relevant and their tour was one of the top grossing tours
> of all time last year.
> Just some of my thoughts; Godd times for pinball
> derek- Hide quoted text -

I don't think Steve will 'let us down' with his game either, but Stern
might.

I hope you still feel as enthusiastic about his game a couple of
month's after its release when Stern's next title is announced.

Why the WoZ hate? Seems to me that since he announced his plans Jack
has blown a breath of fresh air through what had become an
increasingly stale room. And I can cut him some slack as regards
pricing too given what he's having to do and his stated aims. It's
harder to live with Stern's pricing.

Les Manley

Nov 13, 2011, 12:02:29 PM11/13/11
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com-Hide quoted text -

> Trust me Steve will not let us down with ACDC; it will be one of his
> best titles ever.  He has had more time to work on this game then any
> of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
> put in it too, and the LE will have everything in the game that he
> wants to be in there.  So AC/DC will not let you down; plus Steve has
> chosen to work at Stern for several reasons.  He believes they can
> make a great product.  Plus they have some of the best designers at
> stern with Gomez, Ritchie, Borg, and the soon to be named designer
> too.  He had the choice to sign up with JJP, but he chose Stern; which
> speaks volumes to me.  He is the KING of pinball.  Plus Borg's next
> game will have a killer theme and I don't know about you guys bot lets
> compare titles:
> WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
> theme that the pinball community wanted
> TRANSFORMERS- we have been asking for this title a long time and is a
> no brainer for a pinball theme
> ACDC- Ritchie has wanted to do this title forever and we have been
> asking for an acdc pin for a long time also; not to mention they are
> still very relevant and their tour was one of the top grossing tours
> of all time last year.
> Just some of my thoughts; Godd times for pinball
> derek

"...LE will have everything in the game that he wants to be in there.
So AC/DC will not let you down..." As long as you pay for the LE that
is if that is true. Pro models are rapidly becoming the new obsolete
"home lite" versions. No op in MN is going to pay $1,200+ more for an
LE to put on route when the Pro is already so expensive, so the end
result is everyone misses out on what the game really should be and
people who do give the Pro a chance on route see and play an
incomplete, shell of what the game really is. Sad.

Jonny O

Nov 13, 2011, 12:19:45 PM11/13/11
> > > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com-Hidequoted text -
This again. Tron and Avatar pro models around here do fine.

Lloyd Olson

Nov 13, 2011, 12:32:45 PM11/13/11
Don't forget with the Pro version coming out way ahead of the LE's, any op
that might be inclined to get one has to get the Pro to get the "new" game
money. And isn't likely to sell it later and get an LE.

People here say most players won't know the difference, yet weveryone here
will.

It would be nice if you had a Pro and several months later could buy a kit
and upgrade to an LE. Might be more incentive to have LE's on the street
then.

LTG :)

"Les Manley" <ine...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Beechwood

Nov 13, 2011, 12:33:06 PM11/13/11

musketd;1820276 Wrote:

> Trust me Steve will not let us down with ACDC; it will be one of his
> best titles ever. He has had more time to work on this game then any
> of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
> put in it too, and the LE will have everything in the game that he
> wants to be in there. So AC/DC will not let you down; plus Steve has
> chosen to work at Stern for several reasons. He believes they can
> make a great product. Plus they have some of the best designers at
> stern with Gomez, Ritchie, Borg, and the soon to be named designer
> too. He had the choice to sign up with JJP, but he chose Stern; which
> speaks volumes to me. He is the KING of pinball. Plus Borg's next
> game will have a killer theme and I don't know about you guys bot lets
> compare titles:
> WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
> theme that the pinball community wanted
> TRANSFORMERS- we have been asking for this title a long time and is a
> no brainer for a pinball theme
> ACDC- Ritchie has wanted to do this title forever and we have been
> asking for an acdc pin for a long time also; not to mention they are
> still very relevant and their tour was one of the top grossing tours
> of all time last year.
> Just some of my thoughts; Godd times for pinball
> derek

I respectfully disagree, Derek.

WOZ is a timeless classic with worldwide appeal and a huge following. I
think the annual WOZ convention draws somewhere around 40,000 people. I
agree it doesn't fit my idea of a hot licensed theme, but it may
actually sell very well because of its broad appeal.

Transformers- okay theme re-energized by the movies, but like Iron Man
and Tron and Avatar... its the flavor of the month soon to be
overshadowed by the next big theme.

AC/DC should do OK, or even pretty well. Its a great theme but a very
hit or miss fan base. Yes, lots of fans, but few (relatively speaking)
that are going to be into buying a multi $$$ K machine. It isnt a $10
cd or a $60 dollar ticket and $20 T shirt.

And Steve Ritchie has made some great, great pins... I do not mean this
as disrespect to Steve... but Pat Lawlor is the king in my book. I wish
they were both making pins!!

Joel
HIOP

--
Beechwood

Lloyd Olson

Nov 13, 2011, 12:36:11 PM11/13/11
Trust you ?

You have a long history of greatest game ever posts before anyone has even
seen the game. Not to mention buying it, praising it, and selling it within
two weeks.

So are you buying an ACDC pin ? And will you keep it longer than any
previous new pin purchase ?

LTG :)

"d rock" <mus...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

Nov 13, 2011, 12:41:32 PM11/13/11
You do realize the pinball community is a lot bigger than RGP ?

There was serious interest long before any hint of WOZ here. LTG :)

"d rock" <mus...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
> theme that the pinball community wanted
> derek

CEllison

Nov 13, 2011, 1:00:02 PM11/13/11
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com-Hide quoted text -

> Trust me Steve will not let us down with ACDC; it will be one of his
> best titles ever.  He has had more time to work on this game then any
> of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
> put in it too, and the LE will have everything in the game that he
> wants to be in there.  So AC/DC will not let you down; plus Steve has
> chosen to work at Stern for several reasons.  He believes they can
> make a great product.  Plus they have some of the best designers at
> stern with Gomez, Ritchie, Borg, and the soon to be named designer
> too.  He had the choice to sign up with JJP, but he chose Stern; which
> speaks volumes to me.  He is the KING of pinball.  Plus Borg's next
> game will have a killer theme and I don't know about you guys bot lets
> compare titles:
> WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
> theme that the pinball community wanted
> TRANSFORMERS- we have been asking for this title a long time and is a
> no brainer for a pinball theme
> ACDC- Ritchie has wanted to do this title forever and we have been
> asking for an acdc pin for a long time also; not to mention they are
> still very relevant and their tour was one of the top grossing tours
> of all time last year.
> Just some of my thoughts; Godd times for pinball
> derek

The only thing I trust is the HIGH possibilty that this pin layout
will closely resemble a previously released title and have the
standard recycled ideas with new artwork and music .

Hope I'm wrong but doubt it.
-=Chris=-

Expat

Nov 13, 2011, 1:31:23 PM11/13/11
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com-Hide quoted text -

> Trust me Steve will not let us down with ACDC; it will be one of his
> best titles ever.  He has had more time to work on this game then any
> of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
> put in it too, and the LE will have everything in the game that he
> wants to be in there.  So AC/DC will not let you down; plus Steve has
> chosen to work at Stern for several reasons.  He believes they can
> make a great product.  Plus they have some of the best designers at
> stern with Gomez, Ritchie, Borg, and the soon to be named designer
> too.  He had the choice to sign up with JJP, but he chose Stern; which
> speaks volumes to me.  He is the KING of pinball.  Plus Borg's next
> game will have a killer theme and I don't know about you guys bot lets
> compare titles:
> WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
> theme that the pinball community wanted
> TRANSFORMERS- we have been asking for this title a long time and is a
> no brainer for a pinball theme
> ACDC- Ritchie has wanted to do this title forever and we have been
> asking for an acdc pin for a long time also; not to mention they are
> still very relevant and their tour was one of the top grossing tours
> of all time last year.
> Just some of my thoughts; Godd times for pinball
> derek

I hope to friggin' god you get a discount fer all the smoke you blow
up Stern's ass here
Cause if not,yer flat out embarassing yerself son.

Transformers is NOT a childrens theme?!?!? It was a CARTOON
ferchissakes!!!
WTF... do you even comprehend what you post or is that Stern woodie
yer sportin blinding ya as you drool on the keyboard ;)

LOL! You don't even realize the JJP is your sole hope for getting any
upgraded pin from Stern
Steve Richie the king LOL! Maybe the sell-out king after all the shit
he talked about Stern here,he went right back fer more when he
realized no on else was willing to pay him and nary a word was heard
from the so-called King after he swallowed his pride for a check!

All this pseudo-leak, fanboy grubbing crap Stern is dangling in front
of the easily entertained(Yup thats YOU derek)
Damn its embarassing to watch you guys take the manufactured bait

JJP is actually showing everyone what they're doing and taking input
from the buyers/pin community.
NONE of that has or ever will happen under Stern.Keith is still here
and freely speaking his mind so what do you prefer;

A company that has actively dis-respected the pin/collector community
or one thats gonna cater to and embrace/engage it.
I know which I prefer/support

Asael

Nov 13, 2011, 7:21:25 PM11/13/11
Let WOZ be the best pinball game ever, the theme killed it for me. I
can't put a WOZ in my bar. The AC/DC theme is the best choice for a
pinball machine that i would want for my little pub. I hope that the
rumors are right and Stern and Steve are on this game. Perhaps it is
not what everybody here wants, but i know i will buy one! I am a fan
of AC/DC, I don't know how often i watched "Live at River plate"!
There is no day without somebody wishes for an AC/DC song in my bar.

I realy hated my Dennis Nordman POTC after some time but I play every
day on my Spider Man and it will never leave my house. I don't know
what it is but Steve Ritchie got the talent to make the shots of his
designs everytime fun for me. 24, Terminator, WPT, Getaway, BK,
STTNG ...... I realy don't know how many coins from me went in these
machines. Sometimes i think Steve Ritchies Pinballs are the reason
that my time on the university was no sucsess and I gave up. :)^^ Yes
i am a fan!

I don't know why so many here like to bash Derek, i know his reviews
are full of hype, but i like to read them. And he always got some
points: SR "has had more time to work on this game then any
of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
put in it too"

I am thrilled to know if it is true. And the day Steve Ritchie's AC/DC
LE will come in my little pub it will get a big welcome party!^^

stevenp

Nov 13, 2011, 7:58:19 PM11/13/11

Asael;1820599 Wrote:

> I don't know why so many here like to bash Derek, i know his reviews
> are full of hype, but i like to read them. And he always got some
> points: SR "has had more time to work on this game then any
> of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
> put in it too"
>
> I am thrilled to know if it is true. And the day Steve Ritchie's AC/DC
> LE will come in my little pub it will get a big welcome party!^^

Design time won't help if the budget isn't there; pencil-pushers can
kill or cripple pretty much anything.

--
stevenp

Keith P. Johnson

Nov 13, 2011, 8:02:03 PM11/13/11
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 06:51:20 -0800 (PST), d rock <mus...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Trust me Steve will not let us down with ACDC; it will be one of his
>best titles ever. He has had more time to work on this game then any
>of his other recent titles, and a lot of time to think about what to
>put in it too, and the LE will have everything in the game that he
>wants to be in there. So AC/DC will not let you down; plus Steve has
>chosen to work at Stern for several reasons. He believes they can
>make a great product. Plus they have some of the best designers at
>stern with Gomez, Ritchie, Borg, and the soon to be named designer
>too. He had the choice to sign up with JJP, but he chose Stern; which
>speaks volumes to me. He is the KING of pinball. Plus Borg's next
>game will have a killer theme and I don't know about you guys bot lets
>compare titles:
>WOZ- Outdated childrens theme; that was never, ever mentioned as a
>theme that the pinball community wanted
>TRANSFORMERS- we have been asking for this title a long time and is a
>no brainer for a pinball theme
>ACDC- Ritchie has wanted to do this title forever and we have been
>asking for an acdc pin for a long time also; not to mention they are
>still very relevant and their tour was one of the top grossing tours
>of all time last year.
>Just some of my thoughts; Godd times for pinball
>derek

Well revisionist history aside (or 3 sides to every story, however you
want to go), I prefer to look at themes that have more universal
appeal than simple testoterone-driven ones. Do you seriously think
that Transformers and ACDC will expand the pinball market, or just
continue to cater to the people currently playing/buying games, a
segment that continues to shrink?

Speaking of revisionist history, I haven't exactly done a conclusive
study, but I hardly believe that rgp has been clammoring for an ACDC
game for a long time. Before you respond, keep in mind I've been
reading rgp since 1992.

Hopefully the programmer gets as much time to work on the game as
Steve did. I mean, you do agree that that's an important aspect,
right? I just ask that because all you seem to care about is flow and
ramp count, so I'm not really sure at this point.

keith
--
Further fora you can reach me:
twitter: @pinballkeefer
EFNet: #pinball (keefer)
Google+: k33f3r (I'm being much more liberal with this than facebook)

John I

Nov 13, 2011, 8:02:45 PM11/13/11

CEllison;1820386 Wrote:
> On Nov 13, 6:51*am,
> The only thing I trust is the HIGH possibilty that this pin layout
> will closely resemble a previously released title and have the
> standard recycled ideas with new artwork and music .
>
> Hope I'm wrong but doubt it.
> -=Chris=-

Like AFM and MM?

John

--
John I

http://www.southernpinballfestival.com/

Pinball Life

Nov 13, 2011, 8:50:26 PM11/13/11

Wow, I just read this whole string! It took me over 15 minutes! I
can't remember the last time I actually managed to stay interested that
long. Great discussion, lots of good points, both pro and con.
Personally, I want an AC/DC pin and I have my money in for a WOZ. Now
all I have to do is find the money :-).
Terry.

--
Pinball Life

cody chunn

Nov 13, 2011, 8:52:22 PM11/13/11
No, like elvis and spiderman!!

-cody

d rock

Nov 13, 2011, 9:24:28 PM11/13/11
On Nov 13, 8:02 pm, Keith P. Johnson <pin-wiz...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 06:51:20 -0800 (PST), d rock <musk...@yahoo.com>
> Google+:  k33f3r (I'm being much more liberal with this than facebook)- Hide quoted text -

Yes,
Keith a game requires great software, flow, and lots of ramps for me.
Just not sure why WOZ is 6500 and it only has one ramp? Makes no
sense to me; especialy since it is a widebody
derek

Keith P. Johnson

Nov 13, 2011, 11:50:31 PM11/13/11
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:24:28 -0800 (PST), d rock <mus...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Yes,
>Keith a game requires great software, flow, and lots of ramps for me.
>Just not sure why WOZ is 6500 and it only has one ramp? Makes no
>sense to me; especialy since it is a widebody
>derek

Quite simply because we'd rather have interactive play features than
just watching the ball roll around.

Frank Furhter

Nov 13, 2011, 11:51:41 PM11/13/11
And with that, the game may indeed be very limited still.
Message has been deleted