NEWEST STERN ON TEST!

1 view

Brad Czernik

Apr 20, 2007, 7:15:10 PM4/20/07
See it here first!

http://www.jellikit.com/cd/new.htm

Pictures courtesy of Chad Dentandt. He will chime in with the full-story...

- Brad

LApinballer

Apr 20, 2007, 7:19:59 PM4/20/07
What the hell did you do to that TSPP? Good luck on the resell.

citz...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2007, 7:20:14 PM4/20/07
The Brain? Might be a cool idea, but this came out of left field!
Where's Spidey? aand the rumored Montey Python? :)

citz...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2007, 7:21:25 PM4/20/07
Oh, that's just a TSPP reworked?

citz...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2007, 7:26:12 PM4/20/07
Ok I keep looking at these pics, and if I were to take a guess, this
might be for some form of Physical therapy for children? Some on off
creation? The backgrounds aroudn the pin looks liek a childrens
doctors office, there is a step stool in front of the pinball machine.
Just a guess on my part.....

:dunno:

-CF

frenchy

Apr 20, 2007, 7:26:19 PM4/20/07
On Apr 20, 4:20 pm, citznf...@gmail.com wrote:
> The Brain? Might be a cool idea, but this came out of left field!
> Where's Spidey? aand the rumored Montey Python? :)

If that's Homer's brain, it's too big : \

timb...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2007, 7:34:49 PM4/20/07
Based on the surrounding pictures, it looks like it's part of some
display at a science fair or educational exhibit.

FritzThePin

Apr 20, 2007, 7:36:28 PM4/20/07

man, i hope they didnt mess around with the Roms / DMD art..

Wayne.. Get on it! Go Git em!

FritzThePin

Apr 20, 2007, 7:36:52 PM4/20/07
On Apr 20, 4:34 pm, timbo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Based on the surrounding pictures, it looks like it's part of some
> display at a science fair or educational exhibit.

crap..stern.. damn.. no C&D.. oh well

phishrace

Apr 20, 2007, 7:41:27 PM4/20/07
On Apr 20, 4:20 pm, citznf...@gmail.com wrote:
> The Brain? Might be a cool idea, but this came out of left field!
<snip>

Left field or left brain? Left brain is the standup target in front of
the second pop bumper up from the flippers. Not sure where the right
brain is, but let me get that lit extra ball and I'll let you know in
a minute...

-phish

Del

Apr 20, 2007, 7:44:03 PM4/20/07

Thats a Game made for " Special Needs Kids" & theres alot of them out
there, I saw these on TV & some had over-size flipper buttons .

Pin-Del,
CARGPB28

frenchy

Apr 20, 2007, 7:49:02 PM4/20/07
On Apr 20, 4:36 pm, FritzThePin <butterd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> man, i hope they didnt mess around with the Roms / DMD art..

The mini-led display says "AIN" on it... part of 'brain'? Or is there
a TSPP message on there that it could be part of?

Beemus

Apr 20, 2007, 10:11:27 PM4/20/07
Is this the newest "body" pin similar to Gas Attack (Breakshot)?
I got to play Gas Attack at the Grossology exhibit at the Pacific
Science Center in Seattle.
Nicely done.

TheKorn

Apr 20, 2007, 11:37:05 PM4/20/07
FritzThePin <butte...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1177112212.517816.62920
@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Wishing ill upon others for *no reason at all* is seriously bad karma.

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Brad Czernik

Apr 20, 2007, 11:43:35 PM4/20/07
As I noted, Chad will come in with the whole story, I just wanted to
share the pictures with everyone. I know that many have seen the
modified Breakshot machines now called Gas Attack! and this is a
comparable situation. Being someone who lives with epilepsy, I found
this machine quite engaging, as it deals with the brain and seizures.

- Brad

Keith P. Johnson

Apr 21, 2007, 2:52:29 AM4/21/07
This was a TSPP conversion (obviously) we were involved with somewhat.
We didn't do any of the art, but I did rip out all of the display code
and any other references to Simpsons (the tv scrolls BRAIN GAME the
whole time). Also the sounds were changed to old-style chime-type
sounds.

There is one addition, and that is randomly the game will go into a
"seizure" where everything locks up for like 15 seconds. A display
effect was added for that, and a special game over one that tells you
to let the next person in line play. :)

I know it was done for a museum in Rockford, which I assume is this
one: http://www.discoverycentermuseum.org/

keith
--
At one time I had random Your Mother jokes down here.
Maybe someday they'll return...

phishrace

Apr 21, 2007, 4:17:22 AM4/21/07
On Apr 20, 11:52 pm, Keith P. Johnson <pin-wiz...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

Nice work Keith. Museums sure have changed since I was kid. Used to be
you looked at a few dinosaur bones and maybe a sundial or a meteorite
and you were off to the planetarium. Now the kids gotta do stuff!
Pinball will fit right in. Cool too that Stern is alright with these
special deals.

Seizure mode would be a very appropriate reward for making 100
straight Moe shots btw. d;^)

-phish

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2007, 7:15:32 AM4/21/07
On Apr 20, 6:19 pm, LApinballer <phoenixsun...@yahoo.com> wrote:
\

What the hell did you do to that TSPP? Good luck on the resell.

Thanks to Brad Czernik for hosting the pictures!!!

Brain Game

This one won't be for sale. I got a call at home for a pin repair last
week. The guy said it was a specific pin Stern had put together. So
before I get any further I want to give a shout out to Gary Stern and
company for putting this together last November. Normally they *do
no*do th type of thing. Any how it is in a museum here and based on
the Brain. TSPP was used as the model base for it. It uses 5 senses.
All the art work was done by the director of the museum. (playfield,
plastics, cab and translite)
f the museum. Stern kindly sent a white cabinet and blank playfield
to him. Bruce took and did the art work on the head & cab had the
playfield srceened locally. Then it was sent to church hill for clear
coating. Assembly doneby Stern themselves as was the plastics. These
were clear and art work affixed to bottom side of the plastic. A
really cool item. A journey through the mind. And about every 10 15
games it actually shuts down, for about 10 seconds, to represent a
seizure. An unwanted time out if you will. People then can get
somewhat of an idea of what it is like.
Any other questions feel free to email me. I will clean the pin and
then post to the IPDB.
Again thanks to Stern Pinball INC. But like I said Stern does not do
this type of thing, so do not bother them about it. I have never
played a one of a kind pin. Played protos before , to see this one was
a cool experience.
Thank you....

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Apr 21, 2007, 7:18:43 AM4/21/07

Yes there was custom chips for it. I just could not getr the whole
display message in the time.

PJW

Apr 21, 2007, 7:37:45 AM4/21/07
Hope they didn't use Brads brain as a model for this...
"FritzThePin" <butte...@yahoo.com> wrote in message