Flipper with lightning bolt pattern??

Ray Johnson

May 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/14/00
TRUST N0 I wrote:

> I have replaced the flippers on my SS with a new set of bone flippers and one
> of the flippers that the operator put on it has a lightning bolt or zig zag
> pattern and it and it is white.
>
> What game did this go to, I have never seen one before.
>
> If it is needed by anyone email me personally.

Fish Tales used yellow lightning bolt flippers. Dracula used them too,
although I think they were white on that game.

White Water spare parts package came with two extra white lightning bolt
flippers, even though the game was assembled with normal white flippers.

I think Safe Cracker may have used them too?

The lightning bolt flippers are about 1/8" shorter than regular
flippers. And there is a big difference in feel- I hate them
personally...

Hope that helps!

--
Ray Johnson * Fully Restored Pinball Machines *
Action Pinball & Amusement * Sales, Service, Parts, Repair *

Rexxx

May 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/14/00
My Elvira has white lightning bolt flippers....

wolfus

May 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/15/00
1/8 inch shorter?!
Wow, that explaines why I drain on our Dracula.
I just saw a yellow set on Dr Who.
Seriously I was wondering about the distance between the flippers on many of
the games I've seen.
Some wder than others.
Timathie
Ray Johnson <ray...@simsteel.com> wrote in message

Russel Willoughby

May 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/15/00
On Sun, 14 May 2000 20:28:18 -0600, Ray Johnson <ray...@simsteel.com>
wrote:

>Fish Tales used yellow lightning bolt flippers. Dracula used them too,
>although I think they were white on that game.

Most Draculas I've seen have had yellow lightning bolt flippers, if I
remember correctly. Popeye used white ones.

[Did Dr. Who also ship with lightning bolt flippers? I can't
remember...]

I think the lightning bolt flippers are fine on Fish Tales and
Dracula. Popeye is a lousy game no matter what kind of flippers you
put on it. :-)

>White Water spare parts package came with two extra white lightning bolt
>flippers, even though the game was assembled with normal white flippers.

I guess the plan was to use lightning bolts on the game, but someone
had the good sense to put a stop to that plan. But the extra flippers
had to be gotten rid of somehow, right?

Popeye, of course, featured the lightning bolt flippers in the
backglass artwork, so it was stuck with them.

>I think Safe Cracker may have used them too?

I believe Safecracker uses even smaller flippers--the same type used
for the "Thing Flips" flipper on TAF, and the Piano flipper on TZ.

Russel Willoughby
<< rus...@bellsouth.net >>

cfhNO...@provide.net.invalid

May 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/15/00
Safe Cracker does NOT use lightning flippers, nor does it
use the "thing flip" sized flipper either (kinda). It has
it's very own and special sized flippers. They are smaller
than the lightning bolt flippers, but bigger than the
thing flipper. Oh yea, and it uses a special sized RUBBER
too!

Actually it used ONE thing flipper too, for the upper right
flipper. But the bottom two flippers are bigger. Great
huh? like this game doesn't already have enough "special
parts" to drive you crazy. as steve young puts it, "safe
cracker will drive you to the poor house in parts". cuz
ALL the special parts are more expensive than standard
williams pin parts...

>>I think Safe Cracker may have used them too?
>
>I believe Safecracker uses even smaller flippers--the same type
used
>for the "Thing Flips" flipper on TAF, and the Piano flipper on
TZ.

Russel Willoughby

May 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/15/00
On Mon, 15 May 2000 04:43:04 -0700, c...@provide.net
<cfhNO...@provide.net.invalid> wrote:

>Safe Cracker does NOT use lightning flippers, nor does it
>use the "thing flip" sized flipper either (kinda). It has
>it's very own and special sized flippers. They are smaller
>than the lightning bolt flippers, but bigger than the
>thing flipper. Oh yea, and it uses a special sized RUBBER
>too!

I wonder how long those will be available. Since I'd like to own a
Safecracker someday, maybe I should buy a dozen of them and keep them
in a cigar humidor or something. :-)

>Actually it used ONE thing flipper too, for the upper right
>flipper. But the bottom two flippers are bigger. Great
>huh? like this game doesn't already have enough "special
>parts" to drive you crazy. as steve young puts it, "safe
>cracker will drive you to the poor house in parts". cuz
>ALL the special parts are more expensive than standard
>williams pin parts...

It may drive you to the poorhouse, but you'll be cackling with
maniacal glee all the way there. %)

Russel Willoughby
<< rus...@bellsouth.net >>