Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy?

Mike Nogle

Nov 28, 2004, 9:00:53 AM11/28/04
I feel lousy that I sold mine in a garage sale for $50. That was 20 years
ago though.

See link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6132291288&ssPageName=ADM
E:B:WN:US:1

Ldnayman

Nov 28, 2004, 11:25:41 AM11/28/04
Wow, never seen one go that high. THe bg art I actually like but the game I'm
sure is a dog that is difficult to repair.

Usual prie seems to be around $300.

Josh A.

Nov 28, 2004, 11:35:19 AM11/28/04
This has to be another case of someone mistaking a "professional home
model" for the real McCoy, as occasionally happens with home
Fire*balls. Note that the high bidder appears to be an antiques
dealer, and is probably not sophisticated about pins.

- Josh A.

John In Nc

Nov 28, 2004, 11:37:51 AM11/28/04
Give me an S! give me an H! give me an ILL!, what do you have SHILL, say
it again SHILL!

Ldnayman

Nov 28, 2004, 11:03:09 PM11/28/04
<< I no longer track ebay sale prices, but here is what I had for Bally
Capt. Fantastic Home Version: >>

I wish you would continue to do this. I'll buy you lunch!

Josh A.

Nov 29, 2004, 11:52:29 AM11/29/04
web...@msn.com (Jay) wrote in message news:<f71e70.041128...@posting.google.com>...

> I no longer track ebay sale prices,

Jay, do you have your eBay sales research archived anywhere on the
net? Would you like to? It'd be pretty useful information to have
for many RGPers.

- Josh A.

Jay

Nov 30, 2004, 12:58:46 AM11/30/04
> I wish you would continue to do this. I'll buy you lunch!

I know. I was new to ebay, and I started doing it to teach myself a
few things, such as what the going prices were, as well as track my
games for insurance purposes. It was so time-consuming that, when I
eventually got my needs answered, the scale tipped and it became too
much work. I still track for the games that I own, though.

> Jay, do you have your eBay sales research archived anywhere on the
> net? Would you like to? It'd be pretty useful information to have
> for many RGPers.
>
> - Josh A.

No, it's nowhere online. I have thought about it, but I never knew
whom to approach who had a website, especially if it would cause a
rush of hits and give the webhost some grief! I have very little idea
who in this newgroup has a website and who doesn't. I don't even know
if you have one, Josh!

I tracked from July 2002 to April 2004, pre-solid-state games only, as
well as the few SS games in my collection, and maybe a few other
unusual SS games that I did not own, such as Capt. Fantastic Home
Version, as I was curious how much it would fetch compared to the
commercial version.

I long ago imagined that someone could host my sales data, and let me
add to it "live" as I surfed ebay, which I do anyway for the ipdb.
But, as I say, the scale tipped, and I let it go.

Please don't think that I have a wealth of SS/DMD prices. None at all.
Except for my few SS games in the years 1978-1981. And a few oddball
choices.

Do you still think that non-solid-state data from this time period
July 2002 to April 2004 would be interesting to folks? I assumed that
with every passing month, my data was becoming more dated, less
relevant, anyway?

I've been approached privately for the list a number of times and, not
wanting to give my efforts away to anyone in particular, I always
congenially begged off, and preferred instead to draw from the list to
answer the occasional rgp query.

Josh, to answer your question, yes, I could see putting it online, but
only if no one is excluded from seeing it. For instance, no passworded
access. I say this because I spent one heck of alot of time on it and,
for whatever value it might have, I will share it with everybody at
the same time, so the value is spread out to all.

Hey, thanks for asking!

:)

Josh A.

Nov 30, 2004, 12:05:34 PM11/30/04
web...@msn.com (Jay) wrote in message news:<f71e70.041129...@posting.google.com>...

> No, it's nowhere online. I have thought about it, but I never knew
> whom to approach who had a website, especially if it would cause a
> rush of hits and give the webhost some grief! I have very little idea
> who in this newgroup has a website and who doesn't.

Jay, couldn't your eBay sales info be added as a new category in the
ipdb database list? If not, I personally don't have a website to be
able to host your info, but others here certainly do. Jim Koempel at
www.GameRoomClassifieds.com posts pinball auction results on his
website and might like to have your eBay research shown along side of
it. Also, John Wart hosts quite a few photo galleries of RGPers'
gamerooms at http://www.myhomegameroom.com . I'm sure there are
others here with available bandwidth who might offer it to you (hint,
hint).

> Do you still think that non-solid-state data from this time period
> July 2002 to April 2004 would be interesting to folks? I assumed that
> with every passing month, my data was becoming more dated, less
> relevant, anyway?

Speaking for myself, the answer is "yes." EM collectors are in the
minority here, but I happen to be one of them. : ) While it's true
that your research will eventually grow whiskers like the block of
(now) blue cheese in the back of my fridge, it should have some shelf
life still left in it. In a pinch, I still consult older versions of
Daina's price guide when the most recent one can't be found. If
nothing else, your data would provide a historical record of what
games went for before 15020 and yellowsole started bidding every
decent woodrail into the stratosphere.

- Josh A.

Jay

Dec 1, 2004, 11:04:23 PM12/1/04
> Jay, couldn't your eBay sales info be added as a new category in the
> ipdb database list?

Seems like an obvious website choice for me, doesn't it? The ipdb does
well to stay uninvolved with prices and market valuations and that
stuff. Right now, I turn away the occasional email asking me to price
their game. I think associating that list with the ipdb would bring
more such emails, not less.

> Speaking for myself, the answer is "yes." EM collectors are in the
> minority here, but I happen to be one of them.

Yay! EM collectors rock!

> If nothing else, your data would provide a historical record of what
> games went for before 15020 and yellowsole started bidding every
> decent woodrail into the stratosphere.

Oh, both of them appear here and there on my list, as well as a few
other high-bidders.

:)