Capcom Flipper Football

David

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
Anyone can give comment/opinion about Flipper Football?
I only saw this 'pin' once, and I was unable to play it...

kojak...@nospamlycosmail.com

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:17:35 GMT, d...@belbone.be (David) wrote:

>Anyone can give comment/opinion about Flipper Football?
>I only saw this 'pin' once, and I was unable to play it...

I played it in Italy when I was there for a few days (is Capcom
European?). I enjoyed it a lot mostly because of the dot matrix
animations and quotes. The playfield has just a few drop targets and a
couple of kickouts or something, and a goal which is activated
sometimes. I had a lot of fun but I don't know about its fun
longevity. Mail me if you want more info.

Your friend and mine,
theo

Clive Jones

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
In article <3677602c...@news.skynet.be>, David <d...@belbone.be>
writes

>Anyone can give comment/opinion about Flipper Football?
>I only saw this 'pin' once, and I was unable to play it...

I personally found the game a lot of fun. I don't know how long it would
have held my interest, but then that's purely subjective.

One thing I will say though, the dots in this game were **awesome**,
producing animations the likes of which have never been bettered IMO.

It's a shame Capcom went under, because they were streaking up the
field, and doing it quickly! A great shame they didn't hold out longer.
Perhaps BBB coould have turned it around for them.

Anyone got any shots of the Capcom electronic hardware? I've still never
seen inside the backbox of one of their games.

Clive

Doug Graham

Dec 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/16/98
Clive Jones <cli...@clivej.demon.co.uk> writes:

>It's a shame Capcom went under, because they were streaking up the
>field, and doing it quickly! A great shame they didn't hold out longer.
>Perhaps BBB coould have turned it around for them.

>Anyone got any shots of the Capcom electronic hardware? I've still never
>seen inside the backbox of one of their games.

>Clive

Clive --

I don't have any photos, but I own a BreakShot and the
boards are beautiful.

In fact (IMO) the total build quality of Capcom's pinball
machines are excellent.

I noticed a little 'cartoon' screened on the main CPU
board the other day that looks something like:

. .

PHUTZ WAS HERE

I know I'm misspelling "PHUTZ" -- I'm at work and can't
check this at the moment. I forget the guy's real name,
but I think I've seen posts from him here on RGP. Someone
will correct me, I'm sure.

Regards,

-- Doug

Wei-Hwa Huang

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
gra...@nala.intellicorp.com (Doug Graham) writes:
>Clive Jones <cli...@clivej.demon.co.uk> writes:
>>It's a shame Capcom went under, because they were streaking up the
>>field, and doing it quickly! A great shame they didn't hold out longer.
>>Perhaps BBB coould have turned it around for them.

>>Anyone got any shots of the Capcom electronic hardware? I've still never
>>seen inside the backbox of one of their games.

>I don't have any photos, but I own a BreakShot and the
>boards are beautiful.

>In fact (IMO) the total build quality of Capcom's pinball
>machines are excellent.

>I noticed a little 'cartoon' screened on the main CPU
>board the other day that looks something like:

>I know I'm misspelling "PHUTZ" -- I'm at work and can't

>check this at the moment. I forget the guy's real name,
>but I think I've seen posts from him here on RGP. Someone
>will correct me, I'm sure.

Pfutz is the nickname of William (Bill) Pfutzenreuter. I'm
not sure where he got that nickname from. ;-)

He (had?) has a page at http://people.ce.mediaone.net/pfutz/index.htm

--
Wei-Hwa Huang, whu...@ugcs.caltech.edu, http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~whuang/
Which Frankenstein, the diabolical master or the metabolical disaster?

fsie...@atmi.com

Dec 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/17/98
In article <367814fa....@news.eunet.ie>,

kojak...@NOSPAMlycosmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:17:35 GMT, d...@belbone.be (David) wrote:
>
> >Anyone can give comment/opinion about Flipper Football?
> >I only saw this 'pin' once, and I was unable to play it...
>
> I played it in Italy when I was there for a few days (is Capcom
> European?). I enjoyed it a lot mostly because of the dot matrix
> animations and quotes. The playfield has just a few drop targets and a
> couple of kickouts or something, and a goal which is activated
> sometimes. I had a lot of fun but I don't know about its fun
> longevity. Mail me if you want more info.
>
> Your friend and mine,
> theo

I knew a guy that had 3-4 at once, and all but one scored goals when no goal
was scored, and I do not know whether he had much luck in fixing it. However,
I had mucho fun playing it--it's a competitive game.

William Pfutzenreuter

Dec 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/18/98
whu...@ugcs.caltech.edu (Wei-Hwa Huang) wrote:

>Pfutz is the nickname of William (Bill) Pfutzenreuter. I'm
>not sure where he got that nickname from. ;-)

I got it from my father, who was (retired) a salesman at Sears. He was
tired of explaining/correcting and helping people pronounce
"foots-in-roy-ter". He needed a easy name for people to remember, and
one that identify him in a crowd of sales-people. Hence Pfutz
(pronounced "foots"), the first part of our last name, but my father
spelled it foots. I use it because there are too many Bill's or
William's. I still get a few stares/questions when I announce my Pfutz
name, some people guess that it is some form of "fetish" nickname. But
for those people who are brave enough to ask, I will gladly
explain.....

It is still there (at least I still pay for it!). Come and visit any
time...
(You can also find me through the pinball webring)
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/wrstats?ring=pinball;allsites

Pfutz
don’t forget to remove the .s.p.a.m

Boag1

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
Oh man Pfutz! Good to know you're alive! Still "Mousin' Around" are you?
What company are you with these days...

Missin' the good old days of pinball,

Aron

P.S. What's your view on the WMS downsizing crap?
rec.games.video.marketplace

William Pfutzenreuter

Dec 19, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/19/98
bo...@aol.com (Boag1) wrote:

>Oh man Pfutz! Good to know you're alive! Still "Mousin' Around" are you?
>What company are you with these days...

I am at 3Com (I was at U.S. Robotics for 3 days, until 3Com bought
it...) "modeming around". My first released project (other people
worked on it too) was the USB "ready" modem. It took a long time for
the USB to be ready... Know of any good windows device driver
programmers?

>P.S. What's your view on the WMS downsizing crap?

Hopefully there are no down sizing xmas presents. Maybe it is the same
old business roller coaster. Videos popular / Pins not. Pins popular /
Videos not. I am interesting in hearing about the pinball 2000 series,
or maybe WMS will go "hibernate" its pins for a couple of years...
When I first started at WMS (back in '81, DANGER: flash back in
progress) pins were mostly dead (remember Varkon, the pin that wanted
to look like a video?), but about 4 years later the popularity
increased.

The ultimate decision(s) is up to WMS.

Pfutz