T0mmy on ebay- $2901 !!!?

-C_W_H

Apr 5, 2005, 3:15:41 PM4/5/05
Can this be?

$3K for a Tommy?

Item number: 6167024323

pinballjim

Apr 5, 2005, 3:19:00 PM4/5/05
Why not? It's a better game than IJ, and that one sells routinely
around that price.

Harry Reimer

Apr 5, 2005, 3:40:54 PM4/5/05
Thats what I love about pinball, one mans junk another mans gold...

I have played tommy a dozen times, and always hated it, whereas IJ is one of
my favorites, so go figure.

"pinballjim" <pinba...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

-C_W_H

Apr 5, 2005, 3:45:02 PM4/5/05
I agree its a great game....
but $3000!!!
They can be had regularly for $1500...

Horst Klein

Apr 5, 2005, 4:51:03 PM4/5/05
-C_W_H wrote:
> I agree its a great game....
> but $3000!!!
> They can be had regularly for $1500...

$1500 max in DE

Horst

bigmoney

Apr 5, 2005, 6:12:39 PM4/5/05
1500 hehe I would be hard pressed to give 500.00!

JWC

Apr 5, 2005, 9:32:26 PM4/5/05
It's a really good pin, mistakenly underrated because it's DE. You always
see these types of spikes from time to time.

JWC

http://www.arcade2084.com

"-C_W_H" <84insulation(no spam)@earthlink(spam).net> wrote in message

Fred Kemper

Apr 5, 2005, 11:21:53 PM4/5/05
Agree. I just wished the theme was more of
the original movie than the Broadway play.
:(

--
Fred
TX

ldnayman

Apr 5, 2005, 11:56:49 PM4/5/05
Yeah me too, if it were the WHO themed with real WHO music I would have
bought it long ago. But as is it is still pretty cool and those are
great songs. It's the only DE game I am really looking to pick up at
this point.

ldnayman

Apr 6, 2005, 12:01:19 AM4/6/05
On another note there was a guy in town looking to get BIG MONEY for
his "autographed edition" Tommy pinball. He worked at a management
company so i thought maybe he had the band sign the machine. Through
some tortureous emailes I FINALLY got it cleared up that it was signed
only by John Entwistle. Still through more brutal emails I got it out
of him that John signed it at a July 2001 BB Kings show (I was there
with my dad).

I was curious...did you get him to sign the backglass?

FINALLY I figured out that he had brought the SCORE CARD to BB Kings to
get signed. Wow, pretty sweet dude. Sadly he still has that machine,
not me, because I wasn't willing to pay "autographed edition" money for
it. I even told him, "Dude, KEEP the scorecard!"
No dice.

lewb...@yahoo.com

Apr 6, 2005, 11:11:18 AM4/6/05
Why not? It's a better game than IJ, and that one sells routinely
around that price

That really doesn't make sense. Let's see on that rational TZ would be
worth 6500, CC would be worth 3000, and LOTR would be around 5800.
Right?

Good games like Bally/Williams would potentially go for this kind of
money not a DE product. Special note on this dealer too, he sells a lot
of crap. Ohh did I mention it is a DE product with DE art. ($3000
maybe NIB)
Lewis

Dukester

Apr 6, 2005, 12:40:54 PM4/6/05
I think the Artwork on GNR translite is fantastic.. :-)

JWC

Apr 6, 2005, 1:34:21 PM4/6/05
Most of the "Tommy-Gnr-TFTC" era art and print quality are very nice.

Most confuse DE with the late-90's Sega art- which was grotesque.

JWC

http://www.arcade2084.com

<lewb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message