OT: Drink a Gallon of milk in 1 hour??

1 view

jnhutch

Dec 22, 2005, 3:36:33 PM12/22/05
OK,

So I heard you cannot drink a gallon of milk in 1 hour... Tempted my helper
today, told him I'd give him $1000 if he could drink 1 gallon of whole milk
in 1 hour and keep it down for 30 minutes after the last drop is gone. I
saw this on tatooz or whatever that show is,,, Here lies the problem,, I
really want him to try,, I really do, I need a good laugh,,,, He called my
bluff and said he would do it, But I sure as hell dont want to loose a
grand.. SO,, It is at ALL possible he can pull this off??

LMK

john

Michael

Dec 22, 2005, 3:40:26 PM12/22/05

I guess you're gonna find out aren't ya? ;)

Michael

WOLFUS

Dec 22, 2005, 3:40:24 PM12/22/05
very hard to do

Can you picture putting a milk jug in your gut right now? it has to fit
right?

they start puking about a 1/3 of the way thru
it is funny to watch.
you gotta get him to try it.
Timathie
"jnhutch" <jnh...@ev1.net> wrote in message

ctsteps5

Dec 22, 2005, 3:42:00 PM12/22/05
yep, let us know so we dont make the same mistake!!

tomca...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2005, 3:42:39 PM12/22/05
For the record, the show was INKED on A&E. Supposedly it's possible
with 2%, but that may have been BS to make the show entertaining.

Also, that schmuck shouldn't have chugged the milk in 10 minutes. If
your guy paces himself, he may have a shot.

So, to answer your question, I have no idea.

PinDude

Dec 22, 2005, 3:43:15 PM12/22/05
There's 2 reasons I wouldn't take this bet:

1) There are anti-lactate pills he could take.

2) Some people are lactose tolerant.

That grand will buy you a real nice system 11 game.

-Gregg B.

Lloyd Olson

Dec 22, 2005, 3:48:46 PM12/22/05
One of my customers tried that. Drank about half of it in a half hour before
he was out back puking. LTG :)

tomca...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2005, 3:47:23 PM12/22/05
Bad News...

http://loudermilk.org/milk/

Google is very helpful sometimes...

Dave Martin

Dec 22, 2005, 3:54:54 PM12/22/05
Yeah but that guy drank skim milk....there's a big difference between skim
and whole milk.

Dave

<tomca...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Beemus

Dec 22, 2005, 3:56:08 PM12/22/05
I'm a milk addict and when I was 17 I sat down and killed a 1/2 gallon
of 2% with a bowl of oatmeal no problem.
A couple years ago I tried to go for an entire gallon...may have been
1%. I finished 4/5 of it and then had to lie down. Had I gone for
anymore I would've yacked it up...had it been whole, I probably
would've yacked it up...had I not layed down and tried to stay
standing, I would've yacked it up. But I did not yack it up so I would
say it is possible but not likely.

Those are my experiences...keeping it down is the hard part. Tell him
he can't lay down either. And definitely keep us posted on the result.

Mark Salas

Dec 22, 2005, 3:58:08 PM12/22/05
Whole Milk huh!!! I think you win your bet.

....but then there is that asian guy that ate more hot dogs than Fridge
Perry at the Nathans Hot Dog eating contest. That guy weighed 150 lbs
(or less)

dan.lit...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2005, 4:00:47 PM12/22/05
If you pound 1/2 a gallon in the first few minutes (that should be
about the size of you stomach), then take something to help digest the
milk, and drink the rest in the last few minutes, I think you could
make it.

ldnayman

Dec 22, 2005, 4:01:03 PM12/22/05

Dude, *I* could have eaten more than the fridge. he ate 4 dogs,
collected his check, and threw in the towel.

tomca...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2005, 4:02:38 PM12/22/05
Yea, the Fridge really sucked at that contest. He ate like 4 hot dogs.

You want fun, catch Fox's "Man vs. Best" where Kobayashi goes head to
head with a Bear in a hot dog eating contest...

Andy

Dec 22, 2005, 4:06:02 PM12/22/05
Interesting... Here was the guy's thoughts after he barely did it.

Note to self: Make the bet $20 and spend the other $980 on pins.

Minutes after vomiting (the first time), but having won the bet, Shawn
recorded his thoughts on the experience:

I made it: I drank a gallon of milk in one hour, and kept it down for
another hour. I didn't think it would be that hard - I often drink half a
gallon of water in less than an hour without a problem. It was. I wouldn't
advise anyone trying this, because it was really, really unpleasant. The
first half-gallon went down fine, though I was already beginning to dislike
the taste. By the time I got to the last cup I was very bloated and starting
to feel sick. By the time I got it all down I felt really ill. One of the
worst problems was that I got so cold. All the cold milk in my stomach
dropped my body temperature a couple of degrees, so I had to put on a coat
to warm up. I thought I would start feeling better as the hour went by, but
my stomach started to cramp, probably pissed at being stretched to the size
of a basketball. I made it the required hour but after another 15 minutes I
just had to give up and force myself to spew (Note: don't eat Halloween
Oreos along with the milk - the vomit looks like black and orange cottage
cheese).

I used to really like milk, but it will be a very long time before I drink
it, or eat Oreos. It is possible to drink a gallon of milk and not hurl for
an hour, but I think very few people could keep it down for good. DON'T TRY
THIS AT HOME. If you are going to try, do it at someone else's home.

Jason <V>

Dec 22, 2005, 4:09:22 PM12/22/05
We had a guy at the office try it, drank 1/2 right away and nursed the rest
until it was gone. However, just before the hour was up, so was all the
milk, the human body will not keep it down.

Jason <V>

icetre

Dec 22, 2005, 4:16:44 PM12/22/05
I could most likely do it, if milk didn't taste like snot. I'd be
willing to drink 1 1/4 gallon of water. :) or a gallon of soymilk

Milk is nasty!

Adam

rgo...@tampabay.rr.com

Dec 22, 2005, 4:21:45 PM12/22/05
there was a DJ here in tampa that every week did what he called the
milk challenge !! same thing Drink 1 gal in 1 hour.. he did it for
5 years live on the radio and not 1 person ever completed it... they
say it has something to do with the body processing that much fat at
one time . That is why they use whole milk

Koz Pinlicious

Dec 22, 2005, 4:29:40 PM12/22/05
if anyone can gather up $1000 by next expo,
i'll try and do it that friday, after pinbrawl :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Josh A.

Dec 22, 2005, 4:32:02 PM12/22/05
tomca...@gmail.com wrote:

> Yea, the Fridge really sucked at that contest. He ate like 4 hot dogs.

What a wiener.

http://www.nathansfamous.com/nathans/news/htmls/hot_dog_contest_2003.php

Any Cleveland natives remember "Mushmouth" Mariano winning the
pizza-eating contest on the Houlihan & Big Chuck show every week in the
days of yore? Took him like 35 seconds to down each pie.

pincredible

Dec 22, 2005, 4:41:46 PM12/22/05
I'll chip in $20 if you CAN do it...you give me $10 if you can't :)
gotta be 2% or whole milk...no cheatin'.

who else is in on that?

actually, we should get like 20 people trying this
simultaneously...it'd be an expo to remember, that's for sure.

TBK=The Biggest Kid

Dec 22, 2005, 5:00:21 PM12/22/05
I'd be willing to do this for that kind of money. I have been a huge
milk drinker all my life and I prefer the whole milk to any of that
water downed crap. You may want to scale your bet down to 100 bucks or
something more reasonable.

TBK = The Biggest Kid
Looking for pin tourneys in So. Cal

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

eag...@zoominternet.net

Dec 22, 2005, 6:27:22 PM12/22/05
I remember "Mushmouth"...The only one that I saw him get beat by was a
dog :) I saw a Big Chuck and Little John show the other night and they
were having a pizza eating contest again.
Scott

Flyinwalenda

Dec 22, 2005, 6:36:58 PM12/22/05
Back when I used to drink milk it was no problem to finish a gallon and
probably could have done it in an hour if offered a grand.
Stopped drinking it about 8 years ago after researching what is actually
in it and what it does to your immune system.
Hey, what picture is on a bottle of Elmer's glue? Yuck!

Brian Ray

JC

Dec 22, 2005, 7:20:23 PM12/22/05
I'll just say this to share it: when i was 9, I had already developed a
habit of drinking milk when I was thirsty. there was one afternoon on
a hot day where I drank 8 tall glasses pretty rapidly. This was about
1/2 galleon although I wasn't keeping track. Lo and Behold, I end up
spewing over the toilet a few minutes later. aside from making my mom
think I was sick, I also suceeded in overwhelming my system to the
point where I became allergic to milk. And of course, there was no soy
or rice substitutes back then. In fact there wasn't much of anything.
Water over cereal? BLEECH! Then came Mocha Milk, which was at least
tolerable with cereal and palatible in ice cream form. I wasn't able
to handle milk again until I was 14. Don't know if you can develop an
allergy like that in older age but I'd not be inclined to tempt
fate--particularly if you like ice cream and cereal (or drinking milk
with cookies).

-JC-

Vic Ireland

Dec 22, 2005, 8:37:32 PM12/22/05
I did this once by accident. We were staying at a Residence Inn for a
trade show and I got some milk and cookies when we got there and put
them in the fridge. On the last morning, I was determined to have a
couple cookies and the milk I had gotten in too late every night to
enjoy. The first glass tasted great, so I drank another, then
another, then...well, I finished more than half the gallon, easy. On
the way to the airport (I was driving) someone was talking to me at a
stop light and I said, "hold on", opened the door, puked a stream of
still cold milk onto the street, then resumed the conversation without
missing a beat. Freaked everyone out.

The weirdest part was having ice-cold milk for vomit. It didn't taste
like anything but milk coming back up - not acidic of anything. It was
really a strange sensation.

jnhutch

Dec 22, 2005, 9:06:11 PM12/22/05
That is a fantasitc idea! I would love to see that, I am going to laugh my
ass off and feel bad for you at the same time. I would say warm the milk a
little so your body core temp doesent drop and make you feel worse. I'll
pitch in on this,, and why after pinbrawl????? why not say 4 hours before,
you should be done spraying the toilets. It will give you a challenge when
playing. haha...

And,, I just cannot put up the $1000 for my helper to do this, as much as I
would enjoy it, I cannot risk the grand, like it was said before, that will
buy a nice sys 11 pin.... He says the offer still stands anytime, so we
will see, and if I do - do it, I will video it for sure..

john

"Koz Pinlicious" <pinli...@gmail.com> wrote in message

i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball

Dec 22, 2005, 10:57:05 PM12/22/05
i dont think so................
i need you healthy for our team:)
let someone else be the g- pig.
if its water ill let that slide---------

gjby...@concentric.net

Dec 22, 2005, 11:18:39 PM12/22/05
I'm in for $20 to see that!

Just need $980 bucks more pledged to see Koz puke.....

Greg Byrnes
Clarkston, MI
gjbyrnes<AT>concentric<DOT>net
EMs: Olympic Hockey (72), Star Pool (74), Aztec (76)
SS: MM, TAF, TZ, TSPP, STNG, FH, D*fender
Vid: D*fender

xlr8

Dec 23, 2005, 6:07:30 AM12/23/05

> The weirdest part was having ice-cold milk for vomit. It didn't taste
> like anything but milk coming back up - not acidic of anything. It was
> really a strange sensation.

Not as strange as reading about milk flavored puke in the middle of an
intersection!!!! I read this as I was having "breakfast" . Yup, you
guessed it, I was having milk and cookies!!! Kinda adds a degree of
difficulty to eating!!!

Funny stuff though....

Jim

Koz Pinlicious

Dec 23, 2005, 7:50:58 AM12/23/05

jnhutch wrote:
> That is a fantasitc idea! I would love to see that, I am going to laugh my
> ass off and feel bad for you at the same time. I would say warm the milk a
> little so your body core temp doesent drop and make you feel worse. I'll
> pitch in on this,, and why after pinbrawl????? why not say 4 hours before,
> you should be done spraying the toilets. It will give you a challenge when
> playing. haha...
>
> And,, I just cannot put up the $1000 for my helper to do this, as much as I
> would enjoy it, I cannot risk the grand, like it was said before, that will
> buy a nice sys 11 pin.... He says the offer still stands anytime, so we
> will see, and if I do - do it, I will video it for sure..
>
> john

unless you open your mouth and $1K pops out, you can shut it :-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

(all bbb's & cc's must be hidden from sight, i don't want to take a
chance on seeing someone else puke and cause a chain reaction ;-)

DWGoett

Dec 23, 2005, 9:06:06 AM12/23/05
i can do it.

DWGoett

Dec 23, 2005, 9:17:38 AM12/23/05
hehe...
i'll take the challenge with you.
make for a fun night, eh?

ThisIsLocalTom

Dec 23, 2005, 12:23:28 PM12/23/05
AAAHHHHH!!!

This was GREAT- I just forwarded it all over...

pincredible

Dec 23, 2005, 12:33:41 PM12/23/05
Vic,
I think milk is considered a "base" and is used to neutralize acids,
thus the non-acid taste in your vomit.

But you paint a great mental image in my head....I just wonder what the
people in the cars behind you were thinking :)

pins4...@yahoo.com

Dec 23, 2005, 1:00:19 PM12/23/05
Why don't we all pitch in 5 bucks to watch, and 20 bucks to enter a
1/60/30

1 gallon of whole milk
60 minutes to finish it
30 minutes that you have to keep it down

that would be a good fundraiser at the next expo

-Alex Johansen

Steve C

Dec 23, 2005, 8:18:05 PM12/23/05
probably the best way to hedge the bet is to lower the bet to 20 or 30
bucks. bring a digital camera and take notes maybe even videos for
use later. surely it's worth 20 or 30 bucks of entertainment value.
never know though, something like this could kill some people.

stevebo