FS : Steve Ritchie's Backglass and Translite Collection

Lloyd Olson

Feb 5, 2009, 4:21:36 PM2/5/09
Note - Contact Steve Ritchie directly about this. Kin...@aol.com Don't
hit reply as I posted it for him. LTG :)

Hello Pin-Friends,

I am selling my backglass collection. I can ship the Translites rolled up
in a sturdy shipping tube, the price is the same with/without frames. I can’t
ship any silk-screened glass back glasses and they are offered for pickup
only. It’s just too dangerous.

All are ready to hang on the wall.

Prices don’t include shipping, but we have gotten pretty good at Post
Office. I’ll have a shipping price for Translites later today.

All can be autographed, and I would be happy to include a personal message
if you would like.

We accept PayPal, but other arrangements can be made with friends on this
group, of course.

NOTES:

All of the back glasses are rated honestly. They hung in my offices (with
no windows and no sunlight) at Williams and Atari, and the colors are still
vibrant on nearly all of them.

All are original OEM Atari and Williams artwork on the original medium.

AA, The Atarians, and the Time 2000 proto are perfect. I can’t see any
flaws. They are in black brushed aluminum frames and have never been
inserted into a backbox. These might be the best specimens in existence.

The Time 2000 proto artwork is better looking than the production version.
Management thought that the character looked too much like the White Rock
girl. Big boxy knees on the production glass are so much worse than the way
the girl is depicted on this glass. This is the only copy I know of.

Superman is perfect except for a slight discoloring in the mirrored border
about 1-1/2” long on the upper right edge.

Flash has some scratches in the artwork near the top center and a few other
places, but totally usable and a good presentation.

Blue Flash is prototype. The background is blue instead of black, but there
is a lot of peel along the right side and other places. It was the only one
made. The folks at Williams were afraid to put “too much black” on the
backglass, but they saw the light later. It was tested at the bottom of the
stairs, and there is still a piece of masking tape that reads “free play”.

SW has some peel, but not too bad. Very presentable.

Firepower is MINT. The colors are bright. The mirroring is still perfect.
Never inserted into a backbox.

Hyperball Proto glasses both have some medium peel in the zone near the
central logo. These were the only two made in this style. They are a
larger size than the production glass, because the folks at Willy were
reluctant to let me make the first pin-game cabinet with front mounted
speaker(s) in the backbox, and a subwoofer in the bottom. They changed
their minds when they heard the clearer sound, and all games from then on
had backbox speakers.

High Speed is MINT, again maybe the best one in existence. Never inserted
into a backbox.

BK2K is MINT. It may be the best one in existence. Perfect, and in a black
glossy frame.

The Translites are all MINT. No Fear has Jeremy McGrath’s (Supercross
Champion) autograph.

Atarians

Here’s the list:

Airborne Avenger Mint $300 Framed
Glass

The Atarians Mint $300 Framed
Glass

Time 2000 Mint $300 Framed
Glass Proto 2 made

Superman Nearly Perfect $300 Framed
Glass

Flash Light peel $200
Framed Glass

Flash (Blue) Heavy peel $50 Unframed
Proto 1 made

Stellar Wars Light peel $125 Framed
Glass

Firepower Mint $350 Framed
Glass

Hyperball Med. peel $50 ea. Unframed
Proto 2 made

High Speed Mint $300 Framed
Glass Mirroring is perfect

F-14 Tomcat Mint $200 Framed
Translite

Black Knight 2000 Mint $325 Framed
Glass

Rollergames Mint $200 Framed
Translight

Terminator 2 Mint $200 Framed
Translite

The Getaway Mint $200 Framed
Translite

Star Trek: TNG Mint $250 Framed
Translite

No Fear Mint $300
Framed Translite J. McGrath autog.

Let me know if you are interested in them soon. They will be listed on
Craig’s list and ebay tomorrow. I will consider a package deal also.

Thanks for looking.

Best Regards,

Steve Ritchie

Note - Contact Steve Ritchie directly about this. Kin...@aol.com Don't
hit reply as I posted it for him. LTG :)

Steve

Feb 5, 2009, 5:17:57 PM2/5/09
Please contact me not Lloyd for back glasses and tranlites.

They are selling phenomenally quick.

Already sold:

Time 2000
Blue Flash
STTNG
F-14
Getaway

Thanks for your response.

Best Regards,

Steve Ritchie

TheKorn

Feb 5, 2009, 5:40:44 PM2/5/09
Steve <kin...@aol.com> wrote in news:9380fe11-bc72-46a3-baa4-7a401fd6b869
@p36g2000prp.googlegroups.com:

> Please contact me not Lloyd for back glasses and tranlites.
>
> They are selling phenomenally quick.
>
> Already sold:
>
> Time 2000
> Blue Flash
> STTNG
> F-14
> Getaway

Anyone driving from Cali to IL anytime in the next year? :)

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Steve

Feb 5, 2009, 5:50:00 PM2/5/09

Shipping and handling for translites is $20 in US. They will be
shipped in sturdy shipping tubes. Insurance is extra, and
recommended--I don't have the price yet.

erickit

Feb 5, 2009, 6:00:08 PM2/5/09

Email sent on HS glass.

Eric

Steve

Feb 5, 2009, 6:37:03 PM2/5/09
On Feb 5, 2:17 pm, Steve <king...@aol.com> wrote:
> Please contact me not Lloyd for back glasses and tranlites.
>
> They are selling phenomenally quick.
>
> Already sold:
>
> Time 2000
> Blue Flash
> STTNG
> F-14
> Getaway
Update:

Sold: Rollergames

Inquiries on:

HS
Superman

Taxman

Feb 5, 2009, 8:37:12 PM2/5/09
Steve, thank you for the insulting email. I feel it will make a
better person out of me and force me into buying more of your games.

I can't stop laughing.

Dave "Taxman"

Steve

Feb 5, 2009, 8:55:47 PM2/5/09

Also sold:
NF
T2

Steve

Feb 5, 2009, 8:57:59 PM2/5/09

You deserve it Taxman. :<)) Sorry I couldn't make the T2 translite
happen, but that's the way it goes.

Steve "Insulter"

Taxman

Feb 5, 2009, 9:00:38 PM2/5/09

> You deserve it Taxman. :<))  Sorry I couldn't make the T2 translite
> happen, but that's the way it goes.

I will not hold it against you. Some times good games come from bad
people :-)

(I really like that one)

Dave "Taxman"

Taxman

Feb 7, 2009, 4:05:51 PM2/7/09

I think you should post an updated list of what is left (if there is
anything)

Dave "Taxman" http://www.pinbald.com