Elvira in negotiations for 2nd JJP pinball game !!!

Expat

Jun 11, 2011, 11:45:52 AM6/11/11
Check the Spooky Pinball webcast!

Nordman/Freres as a team again

YES!!!

My first NIB purchase since TSPP comin up!

This is gonna be huge!

jackal2001

Jun 11, 2011, 11:47:04 AM6/11/11

LOL.
Glad to see you'll be making a NIB purchase in 2013 or later.

MB

Jun 11, 2011, 12:29:43 PM6/11/11

Seriously? Jack is much smarter than that (tired, beaten to death
theme of no relevance or market).
A non-licensed Zombie theme is next!

Rob T

Jun 11, 2011, 12:52:01 PM6/11/11

Yep, I agree. I'd be all over this pin in a huge way! I really hope
this happens.

--
Rob T
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Haiku Automation

Jun 11, 2011, 12:55:19 PM6/11/11

With so many of the NIB buyers being 40-55 YO old farts with broken
parts kinda people, why not have a hardcore porn theme? I mean
seriously, Pinball has never been known to be a family gaming
adventure. Boys dominate the play in the 70s and 80s, golden era for
porn. Its time to do something 21+ and dirty for the business. I
challenge JJP to do a hardcore porn theme with slam-in-ation toys with
side themes with a dirtier-than-nasty option setting for those with
special purpose needs (bondage, s&m, scat, little people, and so many
more add-on options in both software sales and toys).

Its a mega billion dollar a year business, with tons of 'stars' new
and old willing to license their toys for use in the games. Just
think, a Hedgehog Pin, with Jenna's big life jackets (I mean really,
what is the difference to Mellon kids and this, other than tease and
release?)

Chuck St louis

Jun 11, 2011, 1:20:30 PM6/11/11
Not Happy with the Elvira Theme, however if game play can compensate I
would be ok with it. I understand Elvira with big boobs and not 1\2
bad looking but that was 20 years ago. Why not come out with a Family
ties or Different Strokes machine too! Geez 100 different ideas out
there and going to make a 3rd Elvira game.

I would rather see a Zombie, Halloween, or Fantasy theme, something
different would be great!

Robert Winter

Jun 11, 2011, 1:26:18 PM6/11/11

Think zombie theme with Elvira as the "host"...

Robert
-----
http://robertwinter.com

Pinmeister

Jun 11, 2011, 1:26:47 PM6/11/11

Perhaps an 80s themed machine with an Erkel multiball?

George M.

Pin Ball

Jun 11, 2011, 6:45:43 PM6/11/11
I'm impressed with how good Elvira still looks (what diabolical
potions is she imbibing? heh), with a current TV show. Her two
previous pins were great. I think it would be fun, and if she 'hosted'
then any array of horror/zombie pesky shenanigans could be added. In
fact, why not use the pin as an opportunity to have all the classic
horror themes again? Give it a comedy horror Creepshow/Return of the
Living Dead vibe and I'd be in.

We all know that the Spooky Pinball folks want another Monster Bash,
and why the hell not? :-)

Anyway, we'll need to cleanse the pallette after WOZ ;-)

Jo.

eagle68

Jun 11, 2011, 6:53:19 PM6/11/11

Sorry guys, just don't get the excitement with this one. Elvira is
long gone and past any relevance. I was never a fan of the show. JJP
is a much smarter business man than that. Good luck with the Zombie
pins, guess I'll be skipping JJP's second one if he goes that way.
Original is the way to go. IMHO

cody chunn

Jun 11, 2011, 7:02:27 PM6/11/11
I imagine Jack has been in consultation with his operator-buyers to find out
what they would be comfortable buying next. This is what drove him to
produce Wiz and I suspect their input will carry a lot of weight on the next
theme.

It has been stated repeatedly that he had demand but no product to fill it,
so I imagine he will continue to makes games that fill the demand,
regardless of what RGP wants.

IMO.

-cody

"eagle68" wrote in message

wonderpuddle

Jun 11, 2011, 8:46:15 PM6/11/11
I'd be in as well. Doing an Elvira game is about as close to a non-
licensed theme as we've seen in a decade. I better start saving
up . . . .

JediTurtle

Jun 12, 2011, 10:06:03 AM6/12/11

Yup...she can be the announcer/host of any generic horror theme. We
may get the long wished for zombie pin, or a bunch of monsters MB
style, or any number of possibilities. With Dennis and Greg at the
helm, we will be in for something special. This is very good news!

mzhulk

Jun 12, 2011, 10:12:24 AM6/12/11

Why not make a zombie land pin than you can include a ghostbusters
mode since that is in the movie.

tarzan

Jun 12, 2011, 11:53:01 AM6/12/11

I,d love a Zombie Land pin!

Pin Ball

Jun 12, 2011, 12:40:45 PM6/12/11

This would be great. Elvira is only the host, there would be so much
more to this. The more themes that could be included the wider the
audience appeal.. Hell throw in Ozzy too! :-)

Jo.

bayoubilly1970

Jun 12, 2011, 1:22:13 PM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 11:45 am, Expat <tenbeersb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

This is great - I head the webcast too.

If someone out there doesn't like this theme they must be 'soft' in
the head!

badbilly27

Jun 12, 2011, 1:41:41 PM6/12/11
I like Elvira and love my SS game with her call outs. Zombie pin I
would pass on though. If it was a classic monsters or combination of
campy classics that she narrates "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes",
"Attack of the 50 foot woman" "Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein"
that would be way cool. Like she's hosting a monster marathon and you
have to complete all movies to advance. Zombie alone - meh.

Koz Pinlicious

Jun 12, 2011, 1:51:57 PM6/12/11
Please leave Elvira out of any future games...YAWN.

-Koz

MUDMATT

Jun 13, 2011, 2:10:23 PM6/13/11

Not everyone is a high roller play boy like you =P

trollsa

Jun 13, 2011, 2:42:45 PM6/13/11

I heard it has two mini playfields on it as well...

Fursphere

Jun 13, 2011, 3:11:19 PM6/13/11

eagle68;1718717 Wrote:

Same could be said for Wizard of Oz.....

--
Fursphere

Britt.in.VA

Jun 13, 2011, 3:24:06 PM6/13/11
On Jun 11, 11:45 am, Expat <tenbeersb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Nice! I think that has a lot of potential!

Pacpin

Jun 13, 2011, 3:28:39 PM6/13/11
Report not abuse

Fursphere;1719924 Wrote:
> Same could be said for Wizard of Oz.....

I agree...for all the people who are saying Elvira is too old, or
irrelevant, look at WOZ. She's got that beat by at least 30 years lol.
I think it's a cool idea, feels like a 'classic' pinball theme to me. I
love EATPM. How someone can complain that Elvira is too old of a theme
to be doing, then praise JJP for doing WOZ? I don't understand that
one.

--
Pacpin

ldnayman

Jun 13, 2011, 3:42:13 PM6/13/11
Report not abuse
Elvira's schtick is beyond tired and two Elvira pins is about one more
than anybody needed.

JimB

Jun 13, 2011, 4:14:42 PM6/13/11

> I,d love a Zombie Land pin!

Nobody could afford Bill Murray. He would have to be in the Pin...

ldnayman

Jun 13, 2011, 4:18:28 PM6/13/11
On Jun 13, 4:14 pm, JimB <jl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I,d love a Zombie Land pin!
>
> Nobody could afford Bill Murray.  He would have to be in the Pin...

Nobody wants a Zombieland pin.

Dukes of Hazard or bust!

It's....(wait for it)....

a No Brainer!

PT

Jun 13, 2011, 5:13:34 PM6/13/11
Elvira is better than WOZ, but that is not saying much. Once again I
will say: imagine if Stern was doing these themes? There would be a
mob outside the factory with pitch forks and torches.

I think JJP will pull of whatever pins they make brilliantly despite
the theme. Great designers turned loose, two mini-playfields,
Williams parts, high res graphics... Yes, this machine could be
"Oprah" and still be a good playing game - that I have no doubt of.

John

James Greene

Jun 13, 2011, 5:24:57 PM6/13/11
On Jun 13, 3:42 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> Elvira's schtick is beyond tired and two Elvira pins is about one more
> than anybody needed.

Agree.

Isn't she in her 60's or 70's by now? Elvira's schtick revolved
around her sex appeal, but at some point (age) that angle ain't gonna
work anymore. The WOZ theme doesn't work for me, and I'm not finding
any appeal here either.

Mike D

Jun 13, 2011, 7:08:23 PM6/13/11
Man, you guys are crazy. SS is an awesome game. I know I know - "It
isn't deep enough and it's too easy." Yada Yada. Personally, I judge
games based on whether or not I want to drop some more quarters in
them. Bottom line, SS is fun to play. Great humor, cool crate toy,
nice flowing ramp shots. A new Elvira game will do quit well on
location.

Mike

apimo...@yahoo.com

Jun 13, 2011, 7:16:32 PM6/13/11
Elvira - YES!

PinballSales Jack

Jun 13, 2011, 9:16:26 PM6/13/11
On Jun 13, 3:42 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:
> Elvira's schtick is beyond tired and two Elvira pins is about one more
> than anybody needed.

It's some wishful thinking on the part of some people.....

Dan Q very much

Jun 13, 2011, 9:25:41 PM6/13/11
On Monday, June 13, 2011 8:16:26 PM UTC-5, PinballSales Jack wrote:
> It's some wishful thinking on the part of some people.....

Well, that's a relief.

Bring on HTZBFBTBH!

porschekid74

Jun 13, 2011, 9:30:10 PM6/13/11

Dukes of Hazzard...maybe I'll do a custom one for ya later this year

MB

Jun 13, 2011, 9:31:27 PM6/13/11

Maybe he means " wishful thinking" that they aren't going to do it ;-)
Besides, Jack told me personally that it was going to be a unlicensed,
fully original, sky's the limit XXX rated zombie theme.

Or was it "Spy vs Spy" ? - I can't remember which ;-)
(how's THAT for a great pinball theme?)

ldnayman

Jun 13, 2011, 10:39:02 PM6/13/11
Report not abuse

My biggest problem with Elvira Scared Stiff is that it really isn't
very funny. The jokes are all so bad they are bad, and weirdly Elvira
doesn't sound like she's having that much fun to me. And the game
isn't great fun to play. I think it would be a good location game as
the center crate is almost guaranteed to get a multiball (newbies'
shots always tend to go to the middle).

I prefer the original Elvira game in pretty much every way except the
bony flippers, which you can install on an EATPM.

John Bigbooty

Jun 15, 2011, 12:27:01 PM6/15/11
Perhaps the negotiations are simply for Elvira's VOICE. A generic
horror/zombie themed pin with her voice could be really good.

ldnayman

Jun 15, 2011, 12:30:08 PM6/15/11
Report not abuse
On Jun 15, 12:27 pm, John Bigbooty

<BOGUSevileye0702BO...@bellsouth.netBOGUS> wrote:
> Perhaps the negotiations are simply for Elvira's VOICE. A generic
> horror/zombie themed pin with her voice could be really good.

I'm sure you could get any number of CHEAPER talent that can do Elvira
better than Elvira.

Here's a hunch - a forthcoming JJ pinball machine will have absolutely
nothing to do with Elvira.

John Bigbooty

Jun 15, 2011, 12:36:01 PM6/15/11
On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 09:55:19 -0700 (PDT), Haiku Automation >
>With so many of the NIB buyers being 40-55 YO old farts with broken
>parts kinda people, why not have a hardcore porn theme? I mean
>seriously, Pinball has never been known to be a family gaming
>adventure. Boys dominate the play in the 70s and 80s, golden era for
>porn. Its time to do something 21+ and dirty for the business. I
>challenge JJP to do a hardcore porn theme with slam-in-ation toys with
>side themes with a dirtier-than-nasty option setting for those with
>special purpose needs (bondage, s&m, scat, little people, and so many
>more add-on options in both software sales and toys).
>
>Its a mega billion dollar a year business, with tons of 'stars' new
>and old willing to license their toys for use in the games. Just
>think, a Hedgehog Pin, with Jenna's big life jackets (I mean really,
>what is the difference to Mellon kids and this, other than tease and
>release?)

If I have to explain to you why this is a horrible idea, you need to
step out of the virtual world and into reality. I like porn as much as
the next guy, but it has its place.

Pinball machines are not just a home ownership item. No operator is
going to put a porn pinball on location, unless that location happens
to be a strip club, porno theater (do these even exist anymore) or
adult shop.

Even if you are selling to home owners only, a good chunk of that
market won't purchase a hardcore porn theme. Many have kids, wives,
neighbors who would find in insensitive or inappropriate to have in
their homes. Witness the debate about the Lost Vegas for proof of
this.

A little T & A and suggestive themes is one thing, Hard-core porn is
another.

Mark
atlanta GA

Rob T

Jun 15, 2011, 7:54:05 PM6/15/11

PinballSales Jack;1720173 Wrote:
> On Jun 13, 3:42*pm, ldnayman <ldnay... (AT) aol (DOT) com> wrote:
> > Elvira's schtick is beyond tired and two Elvira pins is about one
> more
> > than anybody needed.
>
> It's some wishful thinking on the part of some people.....

So can someone explain who it was/is exactly that Cassandra Peterson is
supposedly in talks with to do another pin? And while we are at it, why
did Charlie "run this by Jack" before airing it?

Charlie said "I sure don't speak for Jack or anyone else... but I did
make JJP aware
of what Cassandra "let out" prior to airing. I don't want to do
anything that will hurt ANY pinball company. That is the complete
reverse of why our show exists.

Jack was comfortable with it, so I did just minor edits... and what
you hear is what you hear.

Charlie "

http://tinyurl.com/3rqejlg

--
Rob T

SaBbRa CaDaBra

Jun 15, 2011, 8:16:37 PM6/15/11
On Jun 11, 11:45 am, Expat <tenbeersb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Check the Spooky Pinball webcast!
>
> Nordman/Freres as a team again
>
> YES!!!
>
> My first NIB purchase since TSPP comin up!
>
> This is gonna be huge!

Wow do you think there will be a modesty patch? When was the last
time she had a show or movie out? I think she has something on at
like 4 in the morning called Elvira's movie macabre where they show
little known b or c or d films and critique them or something. Didn't
Elvira recently auction off her own pinball game or sell it or
something?

TyEdit

Jun 15, 2011, 8:36:47 PM6/15/11

> Wow do you think there will be a modesty patch?  When was the last
> time she had a show or movie out?  I think she has something on at
> like 4 in the morning called Elvira's movie macabre where they show
> little known b or c or d films and critique them or something.

Correct, she has a new show on now in syndication. Elvira's Movie
Macabre. Its like her old show in the 80's where she hosts horror
movies (usually public domain ones). She turns 60 this September and
still looks very good. I'm a fan and all but I agree, 2 pins is more
than enough for that theme. (FWIW, her new show is fun if you are
into that sort of thing)

Ty

John in NC

Jun 23, 2011, 11:10:04 PM6/23/11

Abby Normal

Jun 28, 2011, 1:11:52 PM6/28/11
Her last movie was in 2001. I'm pretty exited about her new show.

SS is a great game, I'd be willing to buy another Elvira pin.