Where to buy a NIB LOTR LE?

PinballWizard79

Feb 27, 2012, 7:20:53 PM2/27/12
Well, where do I get one :-)

Captain Neo

Feb 27, 2012, 7:25:59 PM2/27/12
On Feb 27, 6:20 pm, PinballWizard79 <papatab...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, where do I get one :-)

you sure you want the LE version? In this case, the LE sucks
compared to production.

Joey

Feb 27, 2012, 7:38:03 PM2/27/12
As someone who owned both versions I prefer the LE. If you like the
non-LE it's fine, you are entitled to your own opinion and to each
their own. But to say is sucks is a bit overkill.

papat...@yahoo.com

Feb 27, 2012, 7:47:07 PM2/27/12
On Monday, February 27, 2012 6:25:59 PM UTC-6, Captain Neo wrote:
> On Feb 27, 6:20 pm, PinballWizard79
> wrote:
> > Well, where do I get one :-)
>
> you sure you want the LE version? In this case, the LE sucks
> compared to production.

Well the LE is a NIB zero owner machine with zero plays & has 2 coats of clear, its autographed (I think right?), factory coded for the shaker motor & its full of shiny brass... Whats not to like? The easily replaced translite?

If I'm missing something or about to make a mistake please help me out, seriously. I dont want to goof up buying a LOTR & I value any insight or advice.

I saw this for $5,300 NIB: http://www.pinballsandgames.com/Newpinballs-2.html but it seems outdated as now the page says $7200 FML: http://www.pinballsandgames.com/pinballsnew.html

What about Trent/Troy or some other Jedi sources?

Thanks

Chris

pins4fun

Feb 27, 2012, 8:42:37 PM2/27/12
On Feb 27, 7:20 pm, PinballWizard79 <papatab...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, where do I get one :-)

Go to: http://www.pinballs.com/

There (the main page), you'll see the LOTR LE (NIB) for $5,299. Don't
get excited yet, that's an old price.

Click on the link on upper left hand corner (2nd from top) "pinballs-
new", and it'll take you to a new page. On that page (4th item from
top) is LOTR LE for $7,195 (NIB, current price). Call them up and ask
for Mike Dadonis (the owner). He's a big dealer and should be able to
take care of you.

pins4fun

Feb 27, 2012, 8:47:05 PM2/27/12
On Feb 27, 7:20 pm, PinballWizard79 <papatab...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, where do I get one :-)

I'm sorry, I didn't see that you already knew this one. There's
somebody else who believe has it (in Canada):

https://www.theplaydiumstore.com/

Taxman

Feb 27, 2012, 8:53:39 PM2/27/12
On Feb 27, 7:20 pm, PinballWizard79 <papatab...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, where do I get one :-)

Try Automated Services / The Pinball Store in Milford / Orange CT.
They alway seem to have them.

Dave "Taxman" http://www.pinbald.com

papat...@yahoo.com

Feb 27, 2012, 9:04:37 PM2/27/12
So the price went up $2,000.00 on the same dusty stock?

DOGH!

Thinking I'd rather just buy a HUO LOTR from a fellow RGP member. It would put cash into the pocket of a well deserving peer & with the 3,500.00 saved I could buy a TSPP or 4 wheeler :-)

Money pisses me off sometimes...

Chris

JimB

Feb 27, 2012, 9:19:02 PM2/27/12

papatab777;1894503 Wrote:
> So the price went up $2,000.00 on the same dusty stock?

PinSanity!!! the new normal

--
JimB
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

big_daddy

Feb 27, 2012, 9:24:20 PM2/27/12
I have a HUO LE with less than 300 plays. I'm in Austin, Texas if
you are interested. $5K. Pretty much perfect other than some
scuffs on the lock-down bar.

Robert Smith

Feb 27, 2012, 9:35:41 PM2/27/12
Yep, that's the way out of production games are going. Look at Tron
LE or SM leftovers. I'd bet you could find one cheaper though with a
little patience.

shlockdoc

Feb 27, 2012, 9:14:51 PM2/27/12
On Feb 27, 7:20 pm, PinballWizard79 <papatab...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Well, where do I get one :-)

Check with Kevin at classic pinball.com he has a new one.

steve2112

Feb 28, 2012, 12:16:18 AM2/28/12

Someone has one listed on Mr Pinball for $5,500. it was posted
yesterday.

--
steve2112

steve2112

Feb 28, 2012, 12:19:08 AM2/28/12

Sorry, didn't read LE in the subject.
The LOTR on Mr Pin isn't an LE>

Captain Neo

Feb 28, 2012, 7:38:38 PM2/28/12
On Feb 27, 6:47 pm, papatab...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Monday, February 27, 2012 6:25:59 PM UTC-6, Captain Neo wrote:
> > On Feb 27, 6:20 pm, PinballWizard79
> >  wrote:
> > > Well, where do I get one :-)
>
> > you sure you want the LE version?   In this case, the LE sucks
> > compared to production.
>
> Well the LE is a NIB zero owner machine with zero plays & has 2 coats of clear, its autographed (I think right?), factory coded for the shaker motor & its full of shiny brass... Whats not to like? The easily replaced translite?
>
> If I'm missing something or about to make a mistake please help me out, seriously. I dont want to goof up buying a LOTR & I value any insight or advice.
>
> I saw this for $5,300 NIB:http://www.pinballsandgames.com/Newpinballs-2.htmlbut it seems outdated as now the page says $7200 FML:http://www.pinballsandgames.com/pinballsnew.html
>
> What about Trent/Troy or some other Jedi sources?
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris

you can put a shaker in a normal one. BG is a waste and needs to be
replaced. Plus you don't have any of the figures on it. Game looks
empty. I wouldn't trade mine for a LE any day.