Batman v2.1 -- some nice new stuff

1 view

Pinballomatic

Aug 14, 2008, 6:41:51 PM8/14/08
Okay, I installed v2.1 in Batman and played a couple of games. So far,
this is what I have found new (and there's a decent amount and it's
all good):

The mystery award is now a real mystery award. I have been getting "+2
bonus x" a lot, but there is also "light multipliers" (which lights
the little "X" mines for 2x shots -- very helpful), "light
lock" (which adds a joker lock), the old favorite "500k", "light
Alfred" and a couple of others.

Alfred -- he now has a speech call (his or Bruce Wayne's) each time
he's hit when lit, along with a progressive award which I think is
100k + 100k. There is also a graphic showing him just like the one for
Rachel when he's collected.

There is a small wizard mode that is lit at the top hole after all
three bottom inserts have been collected (Joker, Batmobile and
Scarecrow). This is called "Bat signal Challenge" and has 2 stages
(and its own graphics and music). Stage 1 involves hitting each of the
three shots one time (Joker, center ramp, Scarecrow)... this starts
stage 2 Bat Signal challenge multiball, which I wasn't able to keep
going long enough to figure the scoring but this mode overall is a
nice addition to the game.

There are a couple of other things but these are the main new
additions I noticed. I wasn't too sure about this game when I played
it with the initial 0.6 code but I must say I am really enjoying it
now. Kudos to the guys at Stern for v2.1!

Pinballomatic

Aug 14, 2008, 7:01:12 PM8/14/08

Also -- hitting Alfred during multiball seems to add a ball. I wonder
if the game is setup such that if you collect a mystery award during
multiball, it will not award "light Alfred" -- I wonder.

Taxman

Aug 14, 2008, 7:02:59 PM8/14/08
But is there a security feature so anyone who said "pinball is dead"
cannot upgrade?

Mamushka

Aug 14, 2008, 7:09:07 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 6:41 pm, Pinballomatic <zamz...@optonline.net> wrote:

Wow, didn't take long for the "chicken little" club to proven that
they have no clue what they are talking about. Perhaps they should
just return to watching Oprah instead of posting their "inside
information". Fricken Drama Queens.

John

Taxman

Aug 14, 2008, 7:10:59 PM8/14/08
I am sorry, thank you for the post and analysis. I am sure there will
be more to come. Some people may have stopped reading RGP since their
lives were ended.

Why do people also not realize everyone has a different opinion of a
game. If every game was loved by every "collector" then pinball
collections would SUCK!

(I can't get every one like Tim)

chik...@yahoo.com

Aug 14, 2008, 7:11:46 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 3:41 pm, Pinballomatic <zamz...@optonline.net> wrote:
> Okay, I installed v2.1 in Batman and played a couple of games. So far,
> this is what I have found new (and there's a decent amount and it's
> all good):

Finally Stern listened to us now SM s turn

cnlmoore

Aug 14, 2008, 7:14:12 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 6:02 pm, Taxman <david.tk...@norwalkhealth.org> wrote:
> But is there a security feature so anyone who said "pinball is dead"
> cannot upgrade?

Wow. I rarely post here because of the drama, but damn that was funny.

Taxman

Aug 14, 2008, 7:18:05 PM8/14/08
Who the "F" do you think you are? No one listened to you. If you
ever develope software you ould know this was all n the can and beiing
tested. The only this you could change at the point everyone went
stupid is the default score for GC.

What moron week this was.

homebrood

Aug 14, 2008, 7:23:13 PM8/14/08

NO way Impossible 2.0 is it! No more updates!!! Gary Stern is the
Devil blahblahblah....

What a bunch of morons, if I was stupid enough to spend 5 grand on a
pinball machine I would probalbly act as stupid as everyone did this
week!!!

chik...@yahoo.com

Aug 14, 2008, 7:24:30 PM8/14/08

Thanks man

marc_b

Aug 14, 2008, 7:29:23 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 3:41 pm, Pinballomatic <zamz...@optonline.net> wrote:

Do you know if now supports a shaker?

The Wasteland Observer

Aug 14, 2008, 7:29:46 PM8/14/08

If you think a BDK costs 5k, then...

- TWO

ldnayman

Aug 14, 2008, 7:31:57 PM8/14/08
Clearly Derek's "Shock and Awe" campaign has finally birthed dividends
for all BDK owners. And the afterbirth of this revolution, the
placenta if you will?

Stern now quivers in terror at the mighty RGP!!! THey do OUR
bidding!!!

Truely, they are our bitches.

goatdan

Aug 14, 2008, 7:40:55 PM8/14/08
But the real question is...

Does it have instant info?

You just *know* that the software is incomplete and the game sucks if
it doesn't.

Old School Al

Aug 14, 2008, 7:55:18 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 6:29 pm, marc_b <m...@easystreet.com> wrote:

> Do you know if now supports a shaker?- Hide quoted text -

From Stern site:

BATMAN/THE DARK KNIGHT - VERSION 2.1 - AUGUST 14, 2008 (SYSTEM V1.45)

Added shaker motor code and minor tweaks.

As for all the comments about owing Stern an apology. Gary himself
said code was done at 2.0 according to his comments to Chris and the
reaction was totally undestandable. Apparently the owner of the
company really doesn't know what's going on there...so you want to
blame someone, blame GS for casuing a ruckus.

Premium Pinballs

Aug 14, 2008, 7:57:43 PM8/14/08

Batman Rocks.... Thanks for the Tweaks Stern!!!!!

ldnayman

Aug 14, 2008, 8:05:09 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 7:55 pm, Old School Al <kueste...@gmail.com> wrote:
\

> As for all the comments about owing Stern an apology. Gary himself
> said code was done at 2.0 according to his comments to Chris and the
> reaction was totally undestandable. Apparently the owner of the
> company really doesn't know what's going on there...so you want to
> blame someone, blame GS for casuing a ruckus.

*I* never heard Gary say shit. I never read Gary's words.

All I heard was the usual river of sewage coming from Derek, and some
other guy I've never heard.

And that was enough to make this whole place go apeshit.

cody chunn

Aug 14, 2008, 8:13:02 PM8/14/08
Not the whole place...just the primates!

:0)

--
-cody

"ldnayman" <ldna...@aol.com> wrote in message

Pinballomatic

Aug 14, 2008, 8:13:30 PM8/14/08
> multiball, it will not award "light Alfred" -- I wonder.- Hide quoted text -

Okay, let me fill in a bit more detail on Bat Signal Challenge, if I
may. The mode starts at the top hole (under the bat signal,
naturally), and is lit by completing the three lower inserts above the
flippers, as I said. Once started, the idea is to shoot each relevant
shot once (Joker, center Batmobile ramp, Scarecrow). This then lights
the Bat Signal for Jackpot at the top hole again, however, the three
shots relight again to increase the jackpot value at this point so you
can risk not getting the jackpot and subsequent multiball round by
shooting the other shots instead to try to build your prize (OR, if
you are really nuts, and notice that, say, you have one or two more
standups left to light the shot multipliers, you can go for the
standups of doom first, then try the boost shots, THEN go for the bat
signal to collect the jackpot and start multiball. Good stuff, this,
and very aggravating if you blow it (trust me on this). This little
mode is very cool.

Pinballomatic

Aug 14, 2008, 8:17:33 PM8/14/08

Yes, Instant Info is there. I only looked once, and the information
spelled out is fairly basic, but it does work.

mnpinball

Aug 14, 2008, 8:22:48 PM8/14/08
The Alfred extra ball was implemented in 2.0 and acts similar to
spidey sense.
If Alfred was lit and in multiball and you had at least 2 balls in
play, he added another ball when hit.
Very cool.

goatdan

Aug 14, 2008, 8:35:21 PM8/14/08

Rejoice! Now if Stern can just add this to their previous games,
everyone would be happy!

I know I'll sleep better knowing Instant Info is in there!

Cliffy

Aug 14, 2008, 8:55:57 PM8/14/08

ldnayman wrote:

> *I* never heard Gary say shit. I never read Gary's words.
>
> All I heard was the usual river of sewage coming from Derek, and some
> other guy I've never heard.

Fair enough that you haven't heard much from Chris. I can say that he's
been an active and avid restorer/hobbyist for many moons. He's a very
good friend and has always been a level headed mellow kind of guy. I
trust him implicitly and would never suggest he put words in Gary's
mouth (not that you are) Just because someone doesn't post much to RGP
doesn't mean their words are automatically invalidated. You're
absolutely right in questioning them though due to a lack of history.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
Home of the world's finest pinball protectors

pinbal...@aol.com

Aug 14, 2008, 9:23:46 PM8/14/08

Derek's Batman has left HIS building.......it is done.....

Lloyd Olson

Aug 14, 2008, 9:32:38 PM8/14/08
It lasted about a week longer than Family Guy.

<pinbal...@aol.com> wrote in message

miracleman

Aug 14, 2008, 9:33:11 PM8/14/08
It's been 3 hours, where's Mr. AZZpinlawyer???
Sold your batman yet???

Rare Hero

Aug 14, 2008, 9:33:36 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 6:23 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> Derek's Batman has left HIS building.......it is done.....

LOL....but - 2.1 has the Mystery bonuses!!!!!

Greg

Daniel Tonks

Aug 14, 2008, 9:59:14 PM8/14/08

Yeah, it would be nice to have it on all machines - I've never really used
it before, but on one of my better SM games I wanted to see how high I was
in combos, spiders, etc, and sure enough the instant info didn't give
anything useful.

- Dan

goatdan

Aug 14, 2008, 10:10:02 PM8/14/08

Well, apparently according to the other threads the lack of Instant
Info on IJ4 is keeping lots of people from buying it and playing it,
and location players who have never played a pinball before now won't
put in another quarter into IJ4 since it isn't there.

Even if it isn't there, I don't feel that an exclusion of it is as
important as some apparently do. I breathe a sign of relief it is
there now, so for those brand new location players, they can now get
Instant Info on how they are doing on their games.

miracleman

Aug 14, 2008, 11:11:35 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 9:23 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> Derek's Batman has left HIS building.......it is done.....

Are you SERIOUS???
He sold it/traded it already?

pinbal...@aol.com

Aug 14, 2008, 11:33:25 PM8/14/08
On Aug 14, 11:11�pm, miracleman <psychospe...@gmail.com> wrote:

YES - IT IS GONE!!

With whatever version code was in it at the time of it's removal. The
happy buyer e mailed me saying he updated it and he is very happy now.

BTW - Any "credit" for the most recent update goes to great people who
always care and who were working on it for days before the friggin
thread was ever posted here - OH - please don't call or e mail me
unless:

1- You are somewhat normal and want to buy a game.
2- You need support on something we sold you.

I'm done with the code updating conversations.

Return to your lives citizens - now go PLAY pinball - Jack

Message has been deleted

Trevor

Aug 15, 2008, 12:41:11 AM8/15/08
This is GREAT news! I had a feeling that the guys at Stern had more
in store for the game.

Clearly a lot of people are impatient when it comes to waiting for the
finishing touches on these newer games, but--as I'm sure this has been
beaten to death and somehow back to life--they are making these games
to coincide with a deadline. WoF and FGY didn't have the same kind of
deadline as Spidey or Batman and had more complete 'code' upon release
and within a month or 2 afterward(as far as I know, basically there's
been a lot less complaining about unfinished software for those games
that I've noticed).

For all Gary Stern may have known, the code WAS finished. The code may
have been finished weeks ago and has been undergoing further testing
to avoid bugs and crashes etc. and polishing the finished product.
Why release an update for every little change when you can put them
all together in one big update? It means the ops will only have to do
the update once and have all the latest software on their machine. I
also imagine GS doesn't pay attention to all the intricate details
like we do, how many multiball modes, mystery values, etc. If the
conversation had been with the programmers and they said there was no
further rules updates I could see the outrage, but this info was
coming from a conversation with someone who is clearly not a pinball
fanatic, but a businessman.

I really meant to keep this post short,
Trevor

P.S. Keep up the good work Stern!

llabrevlis

Aug 15, 2008, 5:10:40 AM8/15/08

I'm very glad to hear that BDK is getting more needed attention, but
this whole fiasco strikes me as very strange, if not a little fishy!!
3 days ago, if we are to believe the post that really put the gas on
this fire, GS basically thumbed his nose at home collectors, said in
respect to his business, we don't count, and BDK was done. Now here
we are a mere matter of hours later, and a code update that wasn't
supposed to happen, and all is right in the pinball universe!

Derek, I don't know you, but I have read most of your posts, you seem
to have a genuine passion for pinball, but for your own sake, you
really need to take a deep breath, and learn some patience. Some
games take time to appreciate, and by time I mean months, not days, it
is incredulous to me that you would give up on a game that you seemed
so excited about, after only a few weeks because a friend told you
that he heard there wouldn't be anymore updates!!
You are becoming the pinball equivalent of the guy in the stock
trading commercial who buys the painting at an auction then
immediately wants to resell it ;-)

Funny, we all thought that the ability to update code so easily would
be a great thing, but now we see it has a bad side too!!

Dale

Steven

Aug 15, 2008, 6:33:47 AM8/15/08
> *I* never heard Gary say shit. I never read Gary's words.
>
> All I heard was the usual river of sewage coming from Derek, and some
> other guy I've never heard.
>
> And that was enough to make this whole place go apeshit.

I must admit I was quite worried too! But I didn't shout, call names,
and I still hoped they'd continue to produce games and hoped the
software would be finished (at least IJ4 and BDK), or future titles
would at least be some more finished softwarewise....

I still think it would be wise if Stern would react somehow. But then
again.. they can't allways make a public statement every time there's
bitching at RPG (but this time, it was really worrying, I thought). My
appology to Stern for folowing the worries here! Bringing this update
is probably the best way to react. I hope they'll continue to do so!

LJ MacLean

Aug 15, 2008, 7:46:13 AM8/15/08
maybe he's gone to the bank to get the dollar he owes me... :)

"miracleman" <psycho...@gmail.com> wrote in message

kirb

Aug 15, 2008, 7:50:58 AM8/15/08

Some people need to get out their hats and some salt....I hear it
makes them taste better....

Kirb

kirb

Aug 15, 2008, 7:52:27 AM8/15/08
On Aug 15, 7:46 am, "LJ MacLean" <ljmacl...@membertou.ca> wrote:
> maybe he's gone to the bank to get the dollar he owes me...  :)
>
> "miracleman" <psychospe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > It's been 3 hours, where's Mr. AZZpinlawyer???
> > Sold your batman yet???- Hide quoted text -

He is out buying a hat that is more edible.

Kirb

Fred Kemper

Aug 15, 2008, 8:56:16 AM8/15/08
Hope that hat wasn't on their head.

(Judging where their heads were at the time...)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
=============================

John Bigbooty

Aug 15, 2008, 12:38:02 PM8/15/08

>Derek's Batman has left HIS building.......it is done.....

Who won the pool this time?

Boy does he need some patience. Less than a month and they've already
supplied at least 3 updates. I don't know how much more one can expect
other than better communications.

Stern did try to keep those .6 versions out of home user hands but
obviously Derek begged them to let him get his hands on one of the
first. He's got no one to blame but himself.

I feel a little sorry for him. He's obviously a big Batman fan and may
have been happy with this pin if he could have waited a little more.

I still have my concerns for how this whole release was handled and
where Stern may be headed in the future. But I am happy to know that
many of those who purchased TDK will be happy in the end.

Mark
Atlanta GA

Lloyd Olson

Aug 15, 2008, 1:41:11 PM8/15/08
They did. There was an update.

Unfortunately, since the name calling directed at Mr. Stern and his company,
I seriously doubt we'll ever see a Stern post here.

I just hope they don't get pissed and shut down all the tech help and parts
they supply to people here and force you to go through your distributor. LTG
:)

"Steven" <steven.van...@gmail.com> wrote in message

1st

Aug 15, 2008, 2:28:16 PM8/15/08
Boy, that would be a big STFU RGP retailiation.

Chris

Cliffy

Aug 15, 2008, 7:47:29 PM8/15/08
Cut off their nose to spite their face? I think Gary Stern is more
professional than that. I think he knows how to sort the emotional
is just as much piling on from the other side too. The thing is that
Gary said what he said and it was documented, not rumor. In effect 2.0
was it except for the shaker motor code and bug fixes. This became 2.1,
obviously. Time to let this whole affair die now. K? :)

toyboy6

Aug 15, 2008, 9:14:34 PM8/15/08
I'm happy for those early BDK owners who got the needed update. I'm
going to go try and play it tomorrow for the first time - for those of
you playing on the new update, is there anything big that is missing
now?

mnpinball

Aug 16, 2008, 12:15:00 AM8/16/08

v2.1 changes

Mystery shot is now sped up and random from 4 choices. (Firey Death is
gone)

Alfred dots and sounds added.

Scarecrow quote after loss of ball in crane mode "diagnosis pathetic,
treatment confinment" removed. THANK YOU !!!

Bat Signal mini mode. Once the shot to the mystery hole it starts the
mode and is very good. You have to make all the fan out lit arrows
and
with each shot you get a nice light show, DOT animantion of the ax
coming down and smashing the spotlight.

High Score letter selection sounds and music, as well as a crowd
cheer
when entered.

More sounds and voice additions noted as well.

Shaker motor enabled.

I can't say for sure the final mode is there because I have not got
there yet but others have said it's there, I have lit all but one of
the charactures but with the 4
mini modes (Rachel, Lau, Imposters, locate joker) it's deep enough to
sastisfy every player. It has the elements of pleasing the casual
player and hardcore gamer as well. Bashing the crane and Joker
multiballs are very fun.

I just love the jackpot call outs and sounds by Scarecrow as well as
the shotgun blasts from Joker ! It's very exciting when these 2 MB's
are stacked and going at the same time.

The scarecrow #2 and #3 progession modes are wicked and the crane
moves faster and takes more skill to hit it for lighting the insert.
It's very good !!

At this stage of v2.1 I would say I am content and feel it's very nice
and complete.
Any game could use more voice calls, dots, and goodies but it feels as
it's all there and it's FUN !

I love this game and don't hesitate one bit buying one. Great
companion to Spidey !

I can't quite place it but after playing some 20+ games on this new
code since 2.0 it feels smoother and faster.
Not as much stop and go and I have had a hard time breaking 80M where
I have got close to 200M on previous code.
Lyman has done a wonderful job.

Andrew

Aug 16, 2008, 4:23:16 AM8/16/08
Hmmm, 2.1 seems to contain more then bug fixes in it.... Adding dots and
sounds, for starters.

Andrew

"Cliffy" <cri...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> In effect 2.0 was it except for the shaker motor code and bug fixes. This
> became 2.1, obviously. Time to let this whole affair die now. K? :)

dcoppe...@hotmail.com

Aug 16, 2008, 4:33:13 AM8/16/08

someone said that all the modes are the same , is this true ?

Fred Kemper

Aug 16, 2008, 8:15:12 AM8/16/08
Rgp/derrick/azzlawyer/Twp were some of the bugs.....

--
Fred
TX

rdrey...@comcast.net

Aug 16, 2008, 10:02:04 AM8/16/08
On Aug 14, 11:33 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> Return to your lives citizens - now go PLAY pinball - Jack

This is the single most logical thing I've ever read on RGP.

So I fully expect most to ignore it! lol

RD

chuck

Aug 16, 2008, 10:51:32 AM8/16/08
> Kirb- Hide quoted text -

Ok, to update the story.

1) Batman ships with incomplete software (people are shocked!!!)
2) Batman has a bunch of updates right away (people complain)
3) People misinterpret a statement gary stern made and start a huge
riot (the end of stern is surely near)
4) The riot nears a fevered-pitch a new software update comes out
(approximately a week later)
5) Rioting people go home quietly to wait for another rumor...

Please learn a lesson this time. I thought some of you would have
after the whole we'll-never-see-another-sm-update-and-then-you-did
fiasco.

Dan Beck

Aug 16, 2008, 11:26:20 AM8/16/08

"chuck" <ch...@source9.com> wrote in message

5) Rioting people go home quietly to wait for another rumor...

Please learn a lesson this time. I thought some of you would have
after the whole we'll-never-see-another-sm-update-and-then-you-did
fiasco.

A nice thought Chuck, but unlikely. The rioting people seem to think their
respective $4k is much more important to Stern than the operators'
respective $4k, and hence "deserve" special "rights". My guess is those
individuals are under treated ADHD patients, with pinball being far too high
a priority in their respective lives. I think they all should volunteer in
a soup kitchen for perspective.

By the way, I am an owner of a NIB Stern Spider-Man (red), with v. 1.92, and
the game will not be leaving any time soon. I also have 10 assorted
Gottlieb games, so I qualify as a collector... :-) I have volunteered in
facilities for acutely mentally ill/challenged people, and the perspective
gained was profound.

Regards,
Dan

Cliffy

Aug 16, 2008, 1:10:17 PM8/16/08
"Than", not "then". Then means "next". Besides that you completely
missed my point. Gary had said 2.0 was it EXCEPT for bug fixes and
shaker code. Obviously then 2.0 was not *IT* regardless of what all was
added in 2.1.

mnpinball

Aug 16, 2008, 6:53:12 PM8/16/08
> someone said that all the modes are the same , is this true ?- Hide quoted text -

Not sure how to answer that.I think each mode is different.
Once completed and you get Scarecrow #2 #3 so on and Joker MB #2 #3 so
on you get different quotes and different DMD animations for each. So
I think it's progression and different and not repetative.

Also the Scarecrow crane modes #2 and #3 and very cool and the crane
will actually move faster and more frequent to block your shots and
more of a challenge to light the insert the crane is over. So it is
not the same !

There are also different and random Joker call out for the Joker MB
modes.
Again the Jackpot call outs for both Scarecrow and Joker are VERY
good !
The shotgun blasts for Joker jackpots and super jackpots are excellent.

Jeff S

Aug 17, 2008, 8:56:49 AM8/17/08
> The shotgun blasts for Joker jackpots and super jackpots are excellent.- Hide quoted text -

When will 2.2 be available? I must travel to Chicago and camp outside
Stern's doors until I get satisfaction.

Pinball Life

Aug 17, 2008, 12:17:39 PM8/17/08
It's funny that no one seems to think Stern actually RESPONDED to RGP
feedback.
Seems to me that's EXACTLY what they did.
Terry.
Pinball Life

lin...@umich.edu

Aug 17, 2008, 12:53:47 PM8/17/08

I think he means the 4 modes on the left side of the playfield (lit by
hitting the batman targets). I think Greg had made it sound like
these 4 modes were the exact same and we were curious if they were any
different now.

Brad

ssunite...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2008, 1:15:22 PM8/17/08

Thanks for the english lesson.

Back to the point though... Were you arguing with yourself? Or were
you being sarcastic in your original post? Sarcasim does not play well
in text, if so...

Andrew

OldTimer

Aug 17, 2008, 2:06:59 PM8/17/08

"Pinball Life" <pinba...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

Yup - I remember even before Lyman was with Stern reading the group there
was
an outcry over TSPP (hotly awaited title) shipping with NO mylar around the
pops.
People had to install their own on the first two week's shipment of this
title but then
Stern acknowledged the issue and started putting them on each machine.

That's the nice thing about this group - it allows Stern to cherry pick
ideas that
they think are technically or financially feasible and use them to help the
product.
Keith and Lyman have both been great in particular about this.

I've never believed the few over here that like to say "oh we're only .0001
percent of
pin sales so Stern doesn't care"... too many of their employees peruse this
group
for it to make NO difference ;-)

mnpinball

Aug 17, 2008, 2:18:55 PM8/17/08
On Aug 17, 1:06 pm, "OldTimer" <big...@ragingbull.com> wrote:
> "Pinball Life" <pinballl...@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

Private emails to them I believe can only help to in my opinion. I
think feedback is good.
Just be honest, frank and give some positive opinions and don't be
harsh and hatefull . If your thoughts share the consensus of others
emailing the same thing it would warrant a change.

I don't always get an answer back except from Joe Blackwell who is
very courtious and open with all ears. But I shared a common dislike
with the scarecrow quote "diagnosis pathetic, treatment confinement"
and the amount of time the ball sat in the teeter-totter and thought
it should be sped up. They were changed.

I really enjoy the scarecrow mode #2 and 3 as the crane speeds up and
randomly goes more erratic to block shots and makes it more of a
challenge to hit.

Cliffy

Aug 17, 2008, 2:27:23 PM8/17/08

You're absolutely welcome! Nope, no sarcasm. Just pointing out (again)
that folks were bashing the messengers when it was not their fault that
Gary told them one thing and then did something else.

randal...@comcast.net

Aug 17, 2008, 3:20:22 PM8/17/08
If they could somehow add a video mode..this could be one of the
greats!! since the code has been updated for the shaker does anyone
have one installed?whats it like?

kirb

Aug 17, 2008, 8:55:36 PM8/17/08
On Aug 17, 2:27 pm, Cliffy <crin...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Home of the world's finest pinball protectorshttp://www.passionforpinball.com- Hide quoted text -

This is (at least) the second time this has transpired. (spidey 2.0
and now batman 2.0+)
Kirb

OldTimer

Aug 18, 2008, 12:16:50 AM8/18/08

"mnpinball" <mnpi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

--Agreed. Stern is good on this.

I don't always get an answer back except from Joe Blackwell who is
very courtious and open with all ears. But I shared a common dislike
with the scarecrow quote "diagnosis pathetic, treatment confinement"
and the amount of time the ball sat in the teeter-totter and thought
it should be sped up. They were changed.

-- That's what I'm talking about. Great example and I remember Joe over
12 years ago helping me fix a friend's Sega BM over the phone and the guy is
STILL just as upbeat and courteous as he was then.
Here I am calling him about a well-used machine for a friend and he gives me
lengthy and unhurried support... now wonder their new machine support is
so good ;-)

I really enjoy the scarecrow mode #2 and 3 as the crane speeds up and
randomly goes more erratic to block shots and makes it more of a
challenge to hit.

--Well they have the great programmers there from the Wms heyday so
I'm not surprised the code gets better and better. Nice to hear.

azpinlawyer

Aug 18, 2008, 12:24:15 AM8/18/08
On Aug 16, 5:15 am, "Fred Kemper" <pbgar...@davlin.net> wrote:
>   Rgp/derrick/azzlawyer/Twp were some of the bugs.....
>
> --
> Fred
> TX
> CARGPB#8
> ******************
> "Andrew" <ssunitedsta...@gmail.com> wrote

> > Hmmm, 2.1 seems to contain more then bug fixes in it.... Adding dots and sounds, for starters.
>
> > Andrew

Apparently, the squeaky wheels got oiled!

goatdan

Aug 18, 2008, 1:28:31 AM8/18/08
On Aug 17, 1:27 pm, Cliffy <crin...@comcast.net> wrote:
> You're absolutely welcome! Nope, no sarcasm. Just pointing out (again)
> that folks were bashing the messengers when it was not their fault that
> Gary told them one thing and then did something else.
> --
> Cliffy - CARGPB2
> Home of the world's finest pinball protectorshttp://www.passionforpinball.com

In Gary's defense here, if Gary had said, "Yup, the game is incomplete
and the software won't be done for a while," how many operators do you
really expect would start jumping on purchasing them? The code is
complete for the operators, and may be worked on for the home market
in the future.

azpinlawyer

Aug 18, 2008, 8:17:21 AM8/18/08
On Aug 16, 8:26 am, "Dan Beck" <biscuitbecks@*nospam*cableone.net>
wrote:

Undertreated ADHD? Right you are! Strattera isn't too effective, and
stimulants produce nasty side-effects.

cody chunn

Aug 18, 2008, 8:28:52 AM8/18/08
Taking credit for something that would have happened anyway? You just keep
on diggin...

--
-cody

"azpinlawyer" <greg...@mail2lawyer.com> wrote in message

kirb

Aug 18, 2008, 8:33:35 AM8/18/08

I doubt that it would have taken a handful of days between Derek's
over reaction and the release of the update to actually create the
changes made. I suspect the changes were already in progress.

I do know that you were very quiet for a few days. Wonder if it will
be enough to keep Stern's head off your stick again.

Kirb

miracleman

Aug 18, 2008, 11:23:07 AM8/18/08
On Aug 18, 12:24 am, azpinlawyer <gregda...@mail2lawyer.com> wrote:
> Apparently, the squeaky wheels got oiled!

oh please, your big mouth sure went quiet for a couple days in shame.
if you thought that was true you would have been here gloating.
did you sell your Batman Dark Knight pin or not?

azpinlawyer

Aug 18, 2008, 5:34:15 PM8/18/08

I was playing at PAPA. That's why I haven't been around.

azpinlawyer

Aug 18, 2008, 5:34:47 PM8/18/08

No, unlike you, I can play pinball. I was competing at PAPA.

miracleman

Aug 18, 2008, 11:30:02 PM8/18/08
DID YOU SELL THE BATMAN???

Maybe you heard me that time!

Daniel Tonks

Aug 18, 2008, 11:56:22 PM8/18/08
OldTimer <big...@ragingbull.com> wrote:

> Yup - I remember even before Lyman was with Stern reading the group
> there was
> an outcry over TSPP (hotly awaited title) shipping with NO mylar
> around the pops.
> People had to install their own on the first two week's shipment of
> this title but then
> Stern acknowledged the issue and started putting them on each machine.

Way more than two weeks worth without mylar... my first run machine was
built several months into the run and it lacks mylar (however it doesn't
have the unneeded hole in the Otto loop that was on the very first
machines).

- Dan