Warning Text Screening 101

Bryan Kelly

Apr 8, 2011, 3:09:59 PM4/8/11
Here's few pics I took for anyone interested in how the warning text
gets screened on the back of a pin head. Yeah, it's a bit of a pain
to do and a hell of a mess to clean up, but so much easier than
shipping them out to get done.

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album1356

Huge thanks to my friend, Grover Gibson for hooking me up with
everything I needed to get this done.

Thanks, G!!!

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

AVP Pinball Division

Apr 8, 2011, 3:35:27 PM4/8/11
"Bryan Kelly" <bske...@aol.com> wrote in message

Subject line had me thinking there was a spell-check inspector training
class about to start. ;)

Martin Sign, Screen and Digital Supplies is right down the street from me!

Silk-screening might be my next hobby. ;)

--
Pistol Pete

Baltimore Pin Noob

Apr 8, 2011, 3:40:48 PM4/8/11

Cool - thanks for the pics.

Silly question from a noob - how do you make or where can one get the
screen for projects like these?

John Wart, jr

Apr 8, 2011, 3:51:46 PM4/8/11

Nice. Grover is delivering my screen on Sunday. Yee Haw! Wonder if I got
the full meal deal, too?

honda350r

Apr 8, 2011, 3:56:29 PM4/8/11

Nice work Bryan !

Jim

Tahoe41

Apr 8, 2011, 4:15:19 PM4/8/11

Thanks again Bryan for explaining in detail how to do this screening
process. I would be interested in getting a screen too. Please post
who has these. If this is top secret information, please contact
me :)

Mike

Sparky

Apr 8, 2011, 4:25:45 PM4/8/11

Very nice!

I just posted a few pics yesterday of my masking job on the back on an
IJ. A little different than the "box out" mask, and not near as nice
as a new screen:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky5381/5550039253/in/set-72157626201634741/

One question, though: Are the Warning texts on the back of heads
centered differently? My IJ text seems to be centered slightly lower
on the head. Were there some that are higher and more centered like
Bryan's pics?

Mark Malmberg (Sparky) - Ceres, California

honda350r

Apr 8, 2011, 4:57:26 PM4/8/11
On Apr 8, 2:25 pm, Sparky <moviereviews4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 12:09 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Here's few pics I took for anyone interested in how the warning text
> > gets screened on the back of a pin head.  Yeah, it's a bit of a pain
> > to do and a hell of a mess to clean up, but so much easier than
> > shipping them out to get done.
>
> >http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album1356
>
> > Huge thanks to my friend, Grover Gibson for hooking me up with
> > everything I needed to get this done.
>
> > Thanks, G!!!
>
> > Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
>
> Very nice!
>
> I just posted a few pics yesterday of my masking job on the back on an
> IJ.  A little different than the "box out" mask, and not near as nice
> as a new screen:
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/sparky5381/5550039253/in/set-72157626201...

> One question, though:  Are the Warning texts on the back of heads
> centered differently?  My IJ text seems to be centered slightly lower
> on the head.  Were there some that are higher and more centered like
> Bryan's pics?
>
> Mark Malmberg (Sparky) - Ceres, California

Mark,

The text on the back of WPC games will be all over the place, low,
high, left , right , crooked and even smeared .

Seen lots of different screened text positions .

Jim

Sparky

Apr 8, 2011, 5:00:04 PM4/8/11
> Jim- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, Jim!

So centered would probably be the preferred re-screening position.

Robert Winter

Apr 8, 2011, 5:17:40 PM4/8/11

I would be interested too.

Robert
-----
http://robertwinter.com

Worst Ball Ever

Apr 8, 2011, 5:47:59 PM4/8/11

I've been trying to figure out how to get the artwork to have a screen
made.

Any advice/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

EZ E

Apr 8, 2011, 5:49:44 PM4/8/11
Clean them right and they'll last forever! E

Gman3

Apr 8, 2011, 5:53:03 PM4/8/11

no problem bryan, glad it did work out and glad to see it was worth
the hassle. the major problem with the backbox screening situation is
the cost of shipping the backbox back and forth and also the set up,
not too mention the ridiculous mess it makes to just do one game at a
time.

if anyone noticed there is also the smaller lower cabinet screen I had
done as well and included, so you actually have both screens for the
back of your game on one screen.

I would think this might be something cool to be offered at a show,
where guys could bring their backboxes and save the shipping costs ?

This was just a private project I did for myself and bryan, if anyone
is interested in the screens, just give me a shout and I'll point you
in the right direction. It was extremely hard for me to find a place
that was willing to set this up for me as it's a rather outdated
process that not alot of places are doing anymore.

I do feel honestly that if you are only doing one game, it is
definitely probably not the way to go, but if you just want to be self-
reliant or you do a bunch of games. it is available.

also working on getting the proper paper-like labels done which are
located on the backbox and game, as they are not true stickers, but
rather paper applied with contact glue and/or applied by a heat
transfer. however, most WPC-95 games have sticker like labels, so
this is mostly interesting for WPC-S and earlier. Once again, I am
not a business of any sorts, just trying to get my restored games
redone to look as original as possible.

Bryan Kelly

Apr 8, 2011, 5:55:37 PM4/8/11
Jim is so right. It's kind of like a box of chocolates.

Please, before anyone sends me another private Email, please read the
part of my post where I got the screen from someone else. I did not
have this made.

Looks like the Gman needs to get a bunch made and sell them.

On Apr 8, 3:57 pm, honda350r <honda3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark,
>
>  The text on the back of WPC games will be all over the place, low,
> high, left , right , crooked  and even smeared .
>
>  Seen lots of different screened text positions .

Magic Mike

Apr 8, 2011, 6:59:24 PM4/8/11
> I would think this might be something cool to be offered at a show...

Looks like a service that could be offered at Expo every year. Everybody
goes to that.

Mike

Evets

Apr 8, 2011, 7:32:30 PM4/8/11

Thanks for sharing, Bryan. I've been contemplating a similar project
for System 11 games. If you, are anyone else has already made a Sys 11
screen, I'd love to know about it before I get around to reinventing
the wheel.

-Steve

Message has been deleted

Gman3

Apr 8, 2011, 8:22:28 PM4/8/11

here are pics of the screens I had made. The transparent sticker
copy is just an addition and can be used as a guide to check
placement
before screening.

http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/album1315

NM

Apr 8, 2011, 9:48:26 PM4/8/11
Awesome job Bryan!

Neil.

Mike D

Apr 8, 2011, 10:04:43 PM4/8/11
Nice work Bryan. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Bryan Kelly

Apr 9, 2011, 9:12:56 AM4/9/11
I should also mention, there's a bit of a technique involved and you
can find some great videos on Youtube showing all aspects of
screening.

Gman3

Apr 12, 2011, 12:38:49 PM4/12/11

for those who are/were interested, I was able to get the pricing
together if you do indeed want a screen or everything included,
however we will need at least 10 screen orders and at least 5 complete
orders to get started otherwise individual set-up and burn fees get
rather expensive.

e-mail if you have any questions.