What is a MM worht these days And what would you trade ?

1 view

Herman kane

Jul 18, 2008, 1:39:40 PM7/18/08
What is the going price for a MM these days ? also i have 5 games
but what would expect to have to trade out of to get a MM ? My
games are IJ4 , IJ, TOTAN, STTNG, TSPP

thanks for your input

Herman

Les Manley

Jul 18, 2008, 1:53:26 PM7/18/08

MM I would say is $5,500-$6,500 depending on condition. With those
games, if yours are in perfect shape, depending on who you were
dealing with you could probably get 1 for 2 of yours.

Les Manley

Jul 18, 2008, 1:55:05 PM7/18/08

As for what I would trade out of that lot...the IJ4 for sure, it is a
pretty plain game. Definately not the STTNG. Everyone thinks the
world of TSPP, so that would be good trade bait. Either that or
whatever you like least of IJ and TOTAN.

mattcr...@yahoo.com

Jul 18, 2008, 1:59:10 PM7/18/08

There is one on epay right now if you want to see exactly what people
are willing to pay. What it is worth has much more to do with its
condition and its importance to you. In case you can't find it, it is
currently bidding at 4150 with a BIN of 6800. It still has 4 days to
go. Searching craigslist, Mr. Pinball, etc. You will see asking
prices at around 6-6500.

Brad

Jul 18, 2008, 2:03:17 PM7/18/08
On Jul 18, 12:39 pm, Herman kane <hk...@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

I'll trade you straight up for a waterworld... Wait I don't even own
a waterworld

ldnayman

Jul 18, 2008, 2:25:39 PM7/18/08

People are always trying to offer up oddball combos for an MM and it
just doesn't happen. If you want MM cold hard cash is probably the
only way to do it, and you'll need $5000 at least to pull that off.

A combo of STTNG/TSPP, or TOTAN/IJ is probably fair, but like I said
it's unlikely to happen. Just sell off some of your games and raise
the cash.

tbecu1

Jul 18, 2008, 2:35:16 PM7/18/08

It does not matter what people who do not have a machine to trade or
sell you "think". The people that you need to be talking to are the
ones that actually own one. Try posting I have $5,000 cash for a MM
and hear the crickets chirp.

Brew Meister

Jul 18, 2008, 2:44:26 PM7/18/08
For $5k I'd give you one lighted eye troll, a translite, an original
manual and a swift kick in the ass!

If you want it, you have to pay for it.

If there were non project $5k MM's here in Florida, I think everyone
would have one.

A) Turn more rocks over in search of the non project $5k MM
B) Spend $5k for a project game and expect to pay someone to repair /
restore / shop / finish it ($1k to $2k)
C) Chunk down the $6-$7k up front for a nice game and try to be happy
about it and not sell it in 3 months. And yes, you may have to pay
NAVL to ship it in.

miracleman

Jul 18, 2008, 3:16:31 PM7/18/08
Sell the games cheap...

IJ4 3000
IJ 2000
TOTAN 2000
STTNG 1500
TSPP 2000
= $10,500

With that amount you can get a cherry MM.

Bite the bullet, take the hit, get the game you want.

mattcr...@yahoo.com

Jul 18, 2008, 3:17:23 PM7/18/08
> > and hear the crickets chirp.- Hide quoted text -

Ask one of these guys what he/she would take. They are all recent:
All in all a decent MM with a very nice PF. Located in Portland OR.
$6250

Thanks,
Bob
503-819-1194

Medieval Madness, 1997 Williams: $6500
Great condition all the way around. Working 100%. New dot matrix
display.
Casey Davis, Phone: 909-908-1627
Claremont, California, 30 miles due east of Los Angeles, near Ontario

Medieval Madness, 1997 Williams: 6800
Very nice playfield and cabinet. Purchased from perfect amusements.
Local sale preferred so you can see/inspect game but am willing to
pallet wrap and ship if buyer makes arrangements. Pictures available.
Mark
Delaware County, Pennsylvania, Near Philadelphia

Medieval Madness, 1997 Williams: 7000.00
New cabinet decals (which I have) would make this game collector
quality. Beautiful playfield, no wear, original unhacked boards, many
new parts. Also selling my TZ, RFM, FT, BSD and sample IJ.
Adam
LA Mesa, California 91941

brt...@adelphia.net

Jul 18, 2008, 3:21:47 PM7/18/08
Ebay those machines make your cash back and buy an MM,,,,,Cash is
King,,,,Besides the ones who own a MM most likely already had or have
owned 4 out of five of those titles..

tbecu1

Jul 18, 2008, 3:44:02 PM7/18/08

The one in Portland, Oregon sold. I had inquired about that one and
Bob told me it was gone.

Mike G (Tiger)

Jul 18, 2008, 3:48:48 PM7/18/08
I would sell your least 2 favorite pins and buy a MM. Neither of the 2 MM's
I bought in the past year were over 4200. One was under 4 and the other
4200 shipped to me. One was from a friend and the other from an operator.

brokenvette

Jul 18, 2008, 3:56:59 PM7/18/08

Buy a AFM. Its cheaper and better and faster. I had to buy a MM and I
spent a shitload of cash for one and shipped it and althought I like
the game I dont think its worth the hype or the 6500 I paid. Nothing
against the person I bought it from but the game is over valued. But
then again, buy what YOU want.

tbecu1

Jul 18, 2008, 4:02:02 PM7/18/08

Hey Tiger,

I guess that means that you do not have one for sale for $4,200.

Out of curiosity, will you share how much you sold your 2 for?

Thanks,

Thomas

tktlwyr

Jul 18, 2008, 4:04:55 PM7/18/08

Inquiring minds want to know!

bri...@yahoo.com

Jul 18, 2008, 5:55:13 PM7/18/08

I know a guy who just picked one up off of route for 3000. so i would
say a MM is worth tops 5500, all pins are down, all prices are down,
with unemployment, gas prices, food prices, I think we are going to
see the pin market dropping some more. I think the days of 7000 MM's
are long gone.

bj

PDX_Pinball

Jul 18, 2008, 6:14:15 PM7/18/08
> I know a guy who just picked one up off of route for 3000.  so i would
> say a MM is worth tops 5500, all pins are down, all prices are down,
> with unemployment, gas prices, food prices, I think we are going to
> see the pin market dropping some more.  I think the days of 7000 MM's
> are long gone.
>
> bj-

So if I picked up a TZ for $500 does that mean they are worth $2000
tops? Congrats on the $3000 MM, but I don't think that is a good
reflection of the going price. I do think prices are coming down, but
I'm not sure I'd put the ceiling at $5500.

Bob

Mike G (Tiger)

Jul 18, 2008, 6:49:46 PM7/18/08
BJ is right on with the routed prices. If your not out to have a MM
yesterday and are willing to do leg work to meet Ops, you can find a sub $5K
MM.

Alot of times Ops will let high $ games go if they are offered a brand new
pin. So thats one way to get the MM you want.

<bri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Mike G (Tiger)

Jul 18, 2008, 6:50:52 PM7/18/08
Pins like the MM tend to come out when your not jonesing for it. Let folks
know what your after and be patient.
"PDX_Pinball" <azcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Mike G (Tiger)

Jul 18, 2008, 6:51:32 PM7/18/08
Pls send the $2K TOTAN my way :)
"miracleman" <psycho...@gmail.com> wrote in message

PinBall Wizzards

Jul 18, 2008, 9:57:52 PM7/18/08
On Jul 18, 6:51 pm, "Mike G \(Tiger\)" <breedin...@wright.edu> wrote:
> Pls send the $2K TOTAN my way :)"miracleman" <psychospe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Sell the games cheap...
>
> > IJ4 3000
> > IJ 2000
> > TOTAN 2000
> > STTNG 1500
> > TSPP 2000
> > = $10,500
>
> > With that amount you can get a cherry MM.
>
> > Bite the bullet, take the hit, get the game you want.

I Agree with Tiger on that one. Where did Miracleman come up with
those prices? Trashed Sting and IJ maybe but the other 3 are way low
even in todays economy. If they were nice I would buy a few and but
them away until this ruff weather passes. It will come back, it always
does. And it may be stronger then ever when it returns.
Tony
www.PinBallWizzard dot com

PinBall Wizzards

Jul 18, 2008, 10:03:59 PM7/18/08

Oh, and while we are on the subject, I'M looking for a MM in South
Jersey. Needs a nice PF and all there, trashed cabinet decals OK. CASH
PAID unless your looking for an almost new TSPP with a couple of
hundred plays on it and cash.

Tony
www.PinBallWizzard dot com

miracleman

Jul 18, 2008, 11:05:52 PM7/18/08
On Jul 18, 9:57 pm, PinBall Wizzards <aler...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I Agree with Tiger on that one. Where did Miracleman come up with
> those prices?

I came up those lower than normal prices because Herman is a nice guy,
but the most impulsive shopper I've ever seen.
He wants a pin and doesn't stop til he gets it.
He wants to keep his GNR and get rid of everything else to get a MM.
I don't think anyone is gonna trade a MM for any combination of his
pins, so he just needs to sell them at lower than average prices to
move them quick and get an MM that will need NO WORK on it. He could
sell all his games at those prices in an HOUR, have 10 G, and buy a MM
off someone by the end of the day.

...mission accomplished.

PinBall Wizzards

Jul 18, 2008, 11:23:53 PM7/18/08

I see your point but the logic isn't there. This is really a bad time
to sell any pin. I will sit on mine until I get my price. The old
saying in the used car business is "there is an ass for every seat".
Eventually somebody wants your pins, you just need to be patient. That
is when the best deal will be had. I want an MM but I have a number in
mind. Like most people I'm not ready to give away the farm to get one.
Patience is the hard part.
Tony
www.PinBallWizzard dot com

goatdan

Jul 18, 2008, 11:59:52 PM7/18/08
On Jul 18, 5:51 pm, "Mike G \(Tiger\)" <breedin...@wright.edu> wrote:
> Pls send the $2K TOTAN my way :)"miracleman" <psychospe...@gmail.com> wrote in message

About six months ago I think it was, like three cheaper than $2k
TotANs popped up at the same time. It was kinda strange.

des...@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2008, 10:41:49 AM7/19/08
Wasn't it 4 or 5 years ago that somebody said they were remaking
medieval madness machines at $4k or $5k brand new? Did they sell out
of their production run already?