Best pinball theme not yet done - Austin Powers

HK

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
This one could bring the kiddies back to the arcade. Imagine the sound
bites, the graphics, the video modes - the mind reels.

It just came to me.

Yeah Baby!

HK

Barrywnj

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
And since Sega has an Austin Powers theme redemption game, the license must be
available at a reasonable price.

Jocoloco

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
I love the idea. I remember a long thread on r.g.p about this about 8 months
ago...when Austin Powers 2 arrived in theatres. Check out Dejanews to check it
out.

-Joel C.

Barry Miller

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
I always thought a Battlestar Galactica or a Space 1999 pinball game
would be awesome.
Barry

Rick Force

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
I second the Battlestar idea...would be great to hear the cylons in that.
Flashback Amusements brings the past back to the future.
Current collection: 1993 WMS ST:TNG; 1992 Bly TAF; 1980 WMS Firepower; 1975 CCM
Gold Record; 1973 CCM Baseball Champ; & 1934 PAMCO Contact Jr.

HK

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
Okay, so I can't claim the idea.

Jocoloco <joco...@aol.com> wrote in message

HK

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
Hey Barry, get with the 2000's man! I'm in my late 30s and I barely
remember those series.

Actually, I tried to get my kid to watch Space 1999 with me once. He was
howling at the "special effects".

HK

Barry Miller <ba...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Gary Vitagliano

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
Oh yeah Beavis and Butthead pin would be cool.

Gary Vitagliano

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
Here are some guaranteed winners:
Pokemon theme pin
Simpsons 2000.
Batman (done already?)

D.P.

Feb 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/8/00
Actually, I talked about an A.P. pin with my buddy after the first
movie came out. It would be so Shagadellic baby........ yea...

Dave

MOPARLUVR

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
>I always thought a Battlestar Galactica or a Space 1999 pinball game
>would be awesome.
>Barry

Already been done...there is a link from the Ring Of Pinball to homemade
machines, and there you can see it.

Russ (TZ, STTNG, JD, Cyclone, HS, Hyperball, Xenon, 4 Queens)

Ratsnrop11

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
How about a "Jaws" pinball machine? Or maybe a "horror" pinball machine.

Brad

Silver Unicorn

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
It has been done, in a custom game. I have pics on my website

http://www.homestead.com/meckindustries/customgames.html

(no, the game is NOT mine, I found these pics on another site and now can
not remember where. I want to give credit where it is due. If you know,
please let me know).

Thanks
Chris

Barry Miller wrote in message <389fad35....@news.mindspring.com>...

>I always thought a Battlestar Galactica or a Space 1999 pinball game
>would be awesome.
>Barry

Snk2112

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00

>>I always thought a Battlestar Galactica or a Space 1999 pinball game
>>would be awesome.
>>Barry
>
>Already been done...there is a link from the Ring Of Pinball to homemade
>machines, and there you can see it.

what about a babalyon 5 one?
a plastic ambasidor kossh with it's head back so you can shoot the ball into
his encounter suit ...
you could hear in his sythisised voice
"what do you want?"

and let you choose between 2 possible point values then as the game
progresses it tracks what you choose and then in the big battle depending on
how you choose you either fight for the shadows or the volarins

Danno
who'd rather win $5000 from BEN STEIN
Then $1000000 from Regis

Cody

Feb 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/9/00
Lotsa good ideas! Howzabout Planet Of The Apes. There could be a miniature
ape city all over the playfield and the habitrails/wireforms could be the
tops of walls. You could have Chimpanzee Multiball, Gorilla Multiball,
Orangutan Multiball and then in the wizard mode - APE MULTIBALL!!
-Cody

"Ape has killed ape!"

Mf101723

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
how about one more STNG machine except based on the next movie? Would justify
spending more on the game...considering the movies almost always make a lot of
money.

Brian Glen Palicia

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

I think there are vast untapped mediums that just haven't
been considered by the pinball industry. Major TV shows
should have pinball machine scattered across the bars of
the US. There's no excuse to not have made a friends
pin, or a Seinfeld pin. While movie themes are nice,
regular shows will IMHO draw the fringe fans in even better.
Now, I wouldn't do an ER pin since that is a drama and
might not translate as well to the "bar audiance".

Other ideas:
o Saturday Night Live pin - maybe up until the Mike
Myers cast left and the show became less of a phenomenon.
Hell, they could've made a series of SNL pins, one for each
cast grouping.
o Who wants to be a Millionaire - self explanatory.
o WWF Raw is war pin - At least here in Ohio, NOTHING
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING packs a bar like a WWF Pay per view
on a sunday. WCW isn't as popular.
o "Desert Storm" pin - There might be some moral reasons
not to do a pin based on a war that america is involved
in, but in 1990 this might have had success. A good
marketer will tell you that bad press is better than no
press at all, so any backlash in the media would only
raise the national consciousness of pinball above noise
level. Would have been a shrewd move. I would keep
the focus on the coalition of allied armies, rather than
poke fun at a guy that might drop the company a bomb in
the mail or something. :/

Be agressive,
Bri

Mf101723

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
>There's no excuse to not have made a friends
>pin, or a Seinfeld pin. >Other ideas:

> o Saturday Night Live pin -
======where's the connection between Seinfeld ro Friends and a pinball, I don't
quite get that one, pinball inherently thrives on an action theme. SNL - not
exactly Lethal Weapon III but maybe could theme it around the various recurring
characters, church lady, blues brothers, etc....and boy would the backglass be
crowded!

!>Who wants to be a Millionaire -
======= They did GAME SHOW already and it was not exactly a smash hit....and
we're not talking Beat the Clock here, it's the contestant and host sitting in
chairs staring at each other , not conducive to an exciting pinball experience
IMO.

>WWF Raw is war pin

======they did a wrestling one too (Royal Rumble (?))...I will go along with
you on this one, non-stop action and boys eat it up.

stephen keeler

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
i believe it would only work if a new movie was to come out even though
i did see some new toys at toys are us i dont believe anyone under
30 even knows about those movies

http://community.webtv.net/rockfantasyman/wwwrockfantasymanspa

Brian Glen Palicia

Feb 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/15/00
Mf101723 <mf10...@aol.com> wrote:
>>There's no excuse to not have made a friends
>>pin, or a Seinfeld pin. >Other ideas:
>> o Saturday Night Live pin -
>======where's the connection between Seinfeld ro Friends and a pinball, I don't
>quite get that one, pinball inherently thrives on an action theme. SNL - not
>exactly Lethal Weapon III but maybe could theme it around the various recurring
>characters, church lady, blues brothers, etc....and boy would the backglass be
>crowded!

The connection:

a. Go to your local bars where pinball machines are likely to go.
b. Look at the interests of the patrons.

Here, the bars frequented by those in their 20s show a pretty strong
correlation to the group that watches Friends and such. I don't
see what an action theme has got to do with anything.

>!>Who wants to be a Millionaire -
>======= They did GAME SHOW already and it was not exactly a smash hit....and
>we're not talking Beat the Clock here, it's the contestant and host sitting in
>chairs staring at each other , not conducive to an exciting pinball experience
>IMO.

When did Game Show come out? "Who wants to be a millionaire?" is
a brand-new smash hit for America. Condusive to an exciting pinball
experience? IMO, you can pretty much take anything and make it
a pinball game. You just need creativity.

How to do it:
a. Instead of requiring questions to advance to the million,
you require them to complete modes.
b. The chair is the toy in the center. The ball can be shot
into the chair to activate some modes.
c. Regis Philbin is a fairly animated guy. He can hoot and
holler like Gomez in the Addams Family about the stuff you do.

>>WWF Raw is war pin
>======they did a wrestling one too (Royal Rumble (?))...I will go along with
>you on this one, non-stop action and boys eat it up.

Laf, Royal Rumble belongs to a totally different era of rasslin'.
I think the pin industry completely dropped the ball in not making
a new one to tap this revitalized craze.

Bri