SM 2.0 Code Up

pinbal...@aol.com

Nov 26, 2008, 12:08:18 PM11/26/08
SM 2.0 Code is up now at www.SternPinball.com

Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47

Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.

This is ENGLISH ONLY. Foreign language versions will be available
after the holiday weekend.

Happy Thanksgiving.

LFS

mattyb

Nov 26, 2008, 12:09:37 PM11/26/08

UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!

Matt Young

Nov 26, 2008, 12:09:54 PM11/26/08
Sure it's not April Fool's? :) Thanks Jack! Can't wait to get home.

seymour-shabow

Nov 26, 2008, 12:11:31 PM11/26/08

Should we be expecting an apology from all the naysayers soon??

Should make an already great game even better.

-scott CARGPB#29

Juan_Fingers

Nov 26, 2008, 12:19:21 PM11/26/08
That's great news.
Lewis

Bryan Kelly

Nov 26, 2008, 12:24:05 PM11/26/08
Please thank Lyman for us, Jack.

And a very happy Thanksgiving to you too, sweetheart. ;-)

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie http://www.pinfooties.com

chuck

Nov 26, 2008, 12:24:15 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 12:08 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:

There doesn't appear to be a link to the code yet.

azpinlawyer

Nov 26, 2008, 12:24:33 PM11/26/08

All hail Lyman! Pigs have flown again! I have never been so happy to
have been wrong!

chuck

Nov 26, 2008, 12:25:04 PM11/26/08

nevermind. the 1.92 link downloads 2.0

black...@skynet.be

Nov 26, 2008, 12:28:47 PM11/26/08
That's great news!
In your face naysayers! :))

Bryan Kelly

Nov 26, 2008, 12:30:25 PM11/26/08
Yes, another thing that drives me nuts about Stern. They update the
code itself but no one makes the change on the tech page. You go
there and see it says 1.92 and figure it's not there.

I mean, how f'ing hard could that be.

On Nov 26, 11:25 am, chuck <ch...@source9.com> wrote:

> > There doesn't appear to be a link to the code yet.
>

> nevermind.  the 1.92 link downloads 2.0- Hide quoted text -

mnpinball

Nov 26, 2008, 12:41:30 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 11:08 am, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:

Finally the naysayers can put a cork in it ;-)>

LFS is the best !
Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to all.

-Jason.

djcha...@hotmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 12:48:54 PM11/26/08
Just another reason to love a really great game! Lyman is da' man...
and yes, I'd feel silly if I were a Stern basher right now.

May Stern prosper and be around for many more years.

Great job to all involved!

chuck

Nov 26, 2008, 1:02:46 PM11/26/08

Just loaded 2.0 and played a game. I think everyone will be VERY
pleased. Lots of new animations. Lots of new sounds. I think there
is new music too (not sure) Makes an excellent game even better ;-)

tktlwyr

Nov 26, 2008, 1:11:44 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 12:08 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:

Thank you, Lyman! ;D

The PinKeeper, AZ

Nov 26, 2008, 1:13:16 PM11/26/08
Wow !!

What a holiday gift that is. To think that SM is going to be even
better is awesome !! I love that game.

Thank you Lyman and Stern !!

I have renewed hope of the WOF software being finished.

Please !! : )

John

mnpinball

Nov 26, 2008, 1:16:46 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 11:24 am, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Please thank Lyman for us, Jack.
>
> And a very happy Thanksgiving to you too, sweetheart.  ;-)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Nov 26, 11:08 am, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
>

> > SM 2.0 Code is up now atwww.SternPinball.com
>
> > Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> > Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> > This is ENGLISH ONLY.  Foreign language versions will be available
> > after the holiday weekend.
>
> > Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> > LFS- Hide quoted text -

If you were on facebook Bryan you could thank him yourself :-)

mnpinball

Nov 26, 2008, 1:19:55 PM11/26/08
I just got off the phone with Ritchie.
He is glad it finally got posted and did not know it was coming today.

Makes an awesome game even more AWESOME !
Can't wait to get home and play.

-J

Bryan Kelly

Nov 26, 2008, 1:22:53 PM11/26/08
I just did the same, Chuck, and there are lots of noticable
additions....and I mean lots.

Don't forget to go into the game adjustments and change the insult
level to high and the shaker adjustment to high. The update sets
these both to medium.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

On Nov 26, 12:02 pm, chuck <ch...@source9.com> wrote:

> Just loaded 2.0 and played a game. I think everyone will be VERY
> pleased.  Lots of new animations.  Lots of new sounds.  I think there

> is new music too (not sure)  Makes an excellent game even better ;-)- Hide quoted text -

PinMan

Nov 26, 2008, 1:24:26 PM11/26/08
Just downloaded.... WOW what an awesome surprise today! Happy
Thanksgiving! and thanks Stern and Lyman!

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 1:24:47 PM11/26/08
HOLY FUCKING SHIT! Updating now!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Greg

Bryan Kelly

Nov 26, 2008, 1:24:50 PM11/26/08
Golly gee, Jason, would you then invite me to be your friend? You can
be my friend if I can be your friend. ;-)

I need facebook like I need another hole in my head.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

On Nov 26, 12:16 pm, mnpinball <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you were on facebook Bryan you could thank him yourself :-)- Hide quoted text -

chuck

Nov 26, 2008, 1:25:27 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 1:22 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:

"change the insult level to high"

Doesn't your wife insult you enough??

=)

mnpinball

Nov 26, 2008, 1:28:23 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 12:24 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Golly gee, Jason, would you then invite me to be your friend?  You can
> be my friend if I can be your friend.  ;-)
>
> I need facebook like I need another hole in my head.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Nov 26, 12:16 pm, mnpinball <mnpinb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > If you were on facebook Bryan you could thank him yourself :-)- Hide quoted text -

Bryan, please change your insult level to HIGH.
I liked the old Bryan better you BASTARD . ;-)

Bryan Kelly

Nov 26, 2008, 1:30:07 PM11/26/08
Yes, AH, but when she's not home, I have my pinball machines take her
place. ;-)

MarcG

Nov 26, 2008, 1:33:59 PM11/26/08
Wow, I just got spidey and loved it as is. This is fantastic!!!

Rob

Nov 26, 2008, 1:34:44 PM11/26/08
> I liked the old Bryan better you BASTARD . ;-)- Hide quoted text -

That is great news! How easy is it to do the update? Can I just
download it on a flash drive from my desktop and then take the
flashdrive and then use it to do the update? I guess I should go and
look for my manual.

Rob

noysboy

Nov 26, 2008, 1:36:56 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 1:33 pm, MarcG <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Wow, I just got spidey and loved it as is. This is fantastic!!!

Damn, its going to clear your GC...

TG

Nov 26, 2008, 1:37:08 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 9:08 am, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> SM 2.0 Code is up now atwww.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> This is ENGLISH ONLY.  Foreign language versions will be available
> after the holiday weekend.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> LFS

SWEEEEEEET!

joh...@comcast.net

Nov 26, 2008, 1:40:52 PM11/26/08
Thanks Lyman, I'm sorry I sold the machine awhile back. Would have
been cool to see the masterpiece finished, especially over a Turkey
Day weekend.

slingshot

Nov 26, 2008, 1:41:13 PM11/26/08
Just loaded and played a game...

WOW! Don't want to spoil it for those of you who like to discover on your
own, but I saw several new animations and heard a bunch of new voice
calls... some other cool things going on as well.

Great Thanksgiving surprise! Thank you Lyman!!!

<pinbal...@aol.com> wrote in message

goatdan

Nov 26, 2008, 1:46:27 PM11/26/08
Dammit.

There goes any chance of me ever being able to afford a Spider-Man.

acarp...@madixinc.com

Nov 26, 2008, 1:47:11 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 10:41 am, "slingshot" <tx_slings...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Just loaded and played a game...
>
> WOW!  Don't want to spoil it for those of you who like to discover on your
> own, but I saw several new animations and heard a bunch of new voice
> calls... some other cool things going on as well.
>
> Great Thanksgiving surprise!  Thank you Lyman!!!
>
> <pinballsa...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > SM 2.0 Code is up now atwww.SternPinball.com
>
> > Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> > Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> > This is ENGLISH ONLY.  Foreign language versions will be available
> > after the holiday weekend.
>
> > Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> > LFS- Hide quoted text -

TY Lyman.. Maybe there is hope for other unfinished code but right
now this is beyond cool..

MarcG

Nov 26, 2008, 1:48:57 PM11/26/08
ha, sorry Pat already knocked you off. I am starting to stack
everything and start modes before the black multi. Makes a huge
difference.

Twp...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 2:07:34 PM11/26/08
> > Damn, its going to clear your GC...- Hide quoted text -

That is awesome!! It will be equally awesome if we can get all the
locations in NJ to update it!
However - to feel that "naysayers" now owe an apology is ridiculous.
They just wanted a finished product. Now- we have it and the
naysaying will stop, at least for SM! Thanks Lyman!!!

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 2:11:22 PM11/26/08
Noticable differences so far (3 games played):

-Every time you defeat a villain, there's a newspaper animation w/ a
Jameson quote like "Here's your headline - Sandman Sandbagged!" (there
are lots of different headline quotes)
-Goblin seems to have had his coil behavior modified...I think it
makes him move more when you hit him
-TONS of Sandman animation and voices. DUNE OF DOOM RULES NOW!!!
When you finish that mode....VERY NICE!!!!!!
-TONS of new Venom animation. Instead of just the same animation of
Venom coming at the camera, each hit shows the goo taking over Eddie,
stuff like that
-New animation in Daily Bugle - an intro shot of the building, and
animation of Jameson/staff when you make each shot.

Match seq. is still the same tho...hey, had to bitch about
something! :) But seriously, this is fucking awesome - THANK YOU
STERN, THANK YOU LYMAN!!!!!!! I love you in a way only a dorky
pinball nerd could! :)

Greg

Dexter

Nov 26, 2008, 2:17:41 PM11/26/08
Thank You Thank You !!!

Thank You Lyman, Stern .... Everybody that made this happen

Twp...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 2:17:50 PM11/26/08

RH - you've been one of the most anxious for 2.0, and saying there
were 'missing animiations' and speech calls, etc. Many others felt it
to be nitpicky. I felt that 1.92 could've passed for done, but that
since Stern had PROMISED so much, then it was hard to accept less.

But- would you now say the game is "DONE"?

Twp...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 2:19:28 PM11/26/08
> T- Hide quoted text -

Actually - let me add to that. Have they done something with "Combo
Multiball"? To make the game officially "DONE" I'd accept either it
now is a playable multiball (at least does something other than spit
out an extra ball and then say "C.M.B. Total 0"), or just taken the
mode out altogether.

Anybody get that far?

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 2:21:53 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 11:17 am, Twp1...@gmail.com wrote:
> RH - you've been one of the most anxious for 2.0, and saying there
> were 'missing animiations' and speech calls, etc.  Many others felt it
> to be nitpicky.  I felt that 1.92 could've passed for done, but that
> since Stern had PROMISED so much, then it was hard to accept less.
>
> But- would you now say the game is "DONE"?

All the stuff that I felt needed to be there for it to feel complete
is now there (and then some). The stuff I was bitching about before,
the recycled/missing Sandman animation/sound has all been addressed.
Every single hit gets you a new animation and voice call, every mode
has a unique start and finish animation. When you finish Dune of Dune
now, it feels EPIC, it's awesome....a really great dots/sound/light
sequence. The 'old' repeating Venom animation is gone as well, with
mode specific and SHOT specific dots.

I'm sure I'll discover more goodies as I play...but after 3
games...UBER-SATISFIED. Anyone who was holding out on a Spidey ...GO
BUY ONE NOW!

Greg

Kevin L

Nov 26, 2008, 2:24:30 PM11/26/08
Thank you to Lyman and Stern. I was just talking about the update last
night hoping we would get it soon. What a great surprise.

I can't wait to play it!

gpsdrew

Nov 26, 2008, 2:36:49 PM11/26/08
THANK YOU Lyman and Thank you Stern!
And of course THANK YOU STEVE, for making my 2 favorite games of all
time!

What a nice unexpected gift this was.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Drew

JDubbbs

Nov 26, 2008, 2:42:41 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 12:08 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> SM 2.0 Code is up now atwww.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47

Thanks Lyman.......

Game spits out something diffrent every game i play, its a pleasure
to have it around now and im sure it will get played alot more
now :O)

John
jdubbbs

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 2:51:31 PM11/26/08
Some more new stuff I noticed

-New Bonesaw completion animation (the referee holding up Spidey's
hand as the winner)
-Some new Spidey swinging animation during combos

:) :) :)

Greg

Twp...@gmail.com

Nov 26, 2008, 2:57:08 PM11/26/08

Do you have the computer sitting right next to the pin, typing with
one hand and playing with the other? :-) Tell us more!!

GregC

Nov 26, 2008, 3:00:52 PM11/26/08
Great news. I just downloaded it and installed. Some major additions

Greg

Lloyd Olson

Nov 26, 2008, 3:01:25 PM11/26/08
Happy Thankgsiving indeed. Thank you for letting us know Jack !

And a huge Thank You to Gary Stern for keeping things rolling ! LTG :)

<pinbal...@aol.com> wrote in message

> SM 2.0 Code is up now at www.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47

Borygard

Nov 26, 2008, 3:02:53 PM11/26/08
This is fantastic! Wish I was home to update and see the changes on my game
right now.

Hope they get to BDK and WoF soon. ;)

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

"Rare Hero" <rareh...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

Nov 26, 2008, 3:03:39 PM11/26/08
Or where you download it on Stern's site read the easy how to instructions.
LTG :)

"Rob" <rvh...@aol.com> wrote in message

slingshot

Nov 26, 2008, 3:11:20 PM11/26/08
+1 on Dune of Doom animation - kick ass!

Lloyd Olson

Nov 26, 2008, 3:10:47 PM11/26/08
If the person putting the update up only knew how to do that, it's best they
don't alter other things. I lost a whole page on one website just trying to
change a couple dates. Better to get the update up and clean up other stuff
later. LTG :)

"Bryan Kelly" <bske...@aol.com> wrote in message
Yes, another thing that drives me nuts about Stern. They update the
code itself but no one makes the change on the tech page. You go
there and see it says 1.92 and figure it's not there.

I mean, how f'ing hard could that be.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)

James

Nov 26, 2008, 3:17:06 PM11/26/08
This is awesome, and I was just talking with a friend about it last
night wondering if it would ever happen. Can't wait to get home and
load it in, sounds like a great game is now going to be even better.
Thank you Stern!

MatchFeature9%ByDefault

Nov 26, 2008, 3:33:32 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 12:08 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> SM 2.0 Code is up now atwww.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> This is ENGLISH ONLY.  Foreign language versions will be available
> after the holiday weekend.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> LFS

I don't own a SM and have never played one, but I'm super excited
reading this thread! I'm happy for all your SM owners and also very
happy that Stern and or Lyman made good on something that was of great
concern to many owners. Congrats all around!

TBK

Nov 26, 2008, 4:01:48 PM11/26/08

On my way to Greg's house now even though he doesn't know it and I
don't know where he lives! LOL
I'll just keep driving North until I hear the voice calls from the
game!

This is excellent news for SM owners! Thank you Lyman and Stern!

Now, if I could only find one to play in San Diego during the next few
days!

~Ron R
TBK=The Biggest Kid
"Route-rat extraordinaire!"

Jonny_eh

Nov 26, 2008, 4:07:16 PM11/26/08
Is the animation for Doc Ock there? Or does it still just show a frame
from the film?

Skill Shot

Nov 26, 2008, 4:09:17 PM11/26/08
Wow, probably better than any present I'll receive this year. Thanks
STERN!!!!!!

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 4:14:48 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 1:07 pm, Jonny_eh <bizarro....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the animation for Doc Ock there? Or does it still just show a frame
> from the film?

Doc Ock seems to be the same as the previous version, which features
Still Frames for "ball locks" and animation for Mode Start, Jackpots,
and Super Jackpots. Was Doc Ock just still frames in the early early
software?

Greg

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 4:47:11 PM11/26/08
Noticed more new things :)

-A new animation during "Amazing Spider-Man" (Spidey saving people
from an oncoming truck)
-New completion animation for "Amazing Spider-Man" (Someone picking
up the "Courtesy your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" note)

Greg

cody chunn

Nov 26, 2008, 4:51:33 PM11/26/08
Thank you Jack for the head's up!

Thank you Lyman for improving on greatness!

Thank you Steve for a killer-playing design!

It just so happens I'm on vaca next week, too! This is gonna be GOOD!!

With all the bad news recently this is fantastic!

--
-cody
--CARGPB4

psk445

Nov 26, 2008, 4:51:31 PM11/26/08
But I heard from this guy named Derek, that knows a guy, who is
roommates with a guy, who did odd jobs every other weekend with a guy
who saw Ferris pass out at 31 flavors last night....I mean who said
this would never get done. Spider Man is one of my favorites on
location. Going to have to bug they guy who owns the one by me to
upgrade.
JJ

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 4:55:33 PM11/26/08
Cody - you're the one who didn't seem to mind all the missing
stuff....you should just leave yours on 1.92 :)

Greg

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 4:58:50 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 10:22 am, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Don't forget to go into the game adjustments and change the insult
> level to high and the shaker adjustment to high.  The update sets
> these both to medium.

I'd also recommend setting COIL PULSE to "High" ...it really helps w/
ramp shots, especially the Venom ramp...just makes the whole game feel
very powerful and fast.

Greg

Mr. 68

Nov 26, 2008, 5:06:35 PM11/26/08
When does 2.1 come out?

Just kidding. =)
This will be my first SAM update ever. A great game just got better.
I’m excited : )

Kim
www.ZonedOutPins.com

Jeff

Nov 26, 2008, 5:07:13 PM11/26/08
A really good game just became great.

My self-imposed ban on purchasing NIB Stern Pinballs is now over.

Spidey is now as good or better than any pin ever made.

Jeff

Mike MN

Nov 26, 2008, 5:29:50 PM11/26/08
OMG!! This is the best news I have heard in a long time!!! Thanks
Lyman!!

Can't wait to see the new batman code come out and laugh at all the
people that had to have it right away , then sold it..:-)

updating and playing now... bye

mattyb

Nov 26, 2008, 5:34:06 PM11/26/08

I'm keeping my BDK mainly because it's so damn good looking. Man, does
it need some code updates though.

S-M is now officially a top five game of all time! MattyB.

PT

Nov 26, 2008, 5:38:25 PM11/26/08
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47

This is good news for everyone.......except possibly my friend Pete.
This means the 527,262,290 point game that he scored in a 3-ball
tournament-start game will get wiped off the board after just one day.

At least Pete will be happy for all the new goodies in 2.0 ;-)

Thanks Stern!! Thanks Lyman!

John

PT

Nov 26, 2008, 6:08:30 PM11/26/08
Wow!! Plays great and didn't delete the Tournament Scores!! The
reload didn't affect the on-going tournament at all in fact. Pete
will be happy.

John

Daniel Tonks

Nov 26, 2008, 6:29:54 PM11/26/08
pinbal...@aol.com wrote:
> SM 2.0 Code is up now at www.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> This is ENGLISH ONLY. Foreign language versions will be available
> after the holiday weekend.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> LFS

Fantastic! Lyman always said it would be out by "Thanksgiving", I guess we
just figured on the wrong one! :-)

Thanks Jack for the machine, Steve for designing it, and Lyman for securing
it as one of Stern's best all around!

- Dan

Mike MN

Nov 26, 2008, 7:22:17 PM11/26/08

> S-M is now officially a top five game of all time! MattyB.

I agree!!

Richard Young Sr.

Nov 26, 2008, 7:49:04 PM11/26/08
Jack. thanks for the timely update.
Lyman you came through and gave so much to make this happen. It is a
testament to the quality person you are. Gary is also the man for
allowing this to be approved and released.
I was told that you had to purchase a SM pin for your home collection to
have one to work on, during your on personal time to get the code
updated where you were satisfied.
I have been patiently waiting for this, I was one of the first to get
delivery on this title, and can't wait to install it and see the
polish/shine.

Perfect timing for giving thanks!!

Rich

hagis_u

Nov 26, 2008, 8:27:35 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 12:08 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> SM 2.0 Code is up now atwww.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> This is ENGLISH ONLY.  Foreign language versions will be available
> after the holiday weekend.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> LFS

SM was a good game, but, now the new code has turned it up a lot of
notches. A completly new atomsphere of play. It truly now is one of
Stern's finest...;-)

Rare Hero

Nov 26, 2008, 8:31:50 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 2:34 pm, mattyb <mdbri...@sentara.com> wrote:
> S-M is now officially a top five game of all time! MattyB.

Stern's got 4 of the top 5 games of all time (SM, FGY, LOTR,
TSPP) ...what's #5 then? Hehe.

Greg

mattyb

Nov 26, 2008, 9:54:02 PM11/26/08

I certainly wouldn't argue with you. Hopefully #5 is yet to come.
MattyB.

Hogey

Nov 26, 2008, 11:09:38 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 8:27 pm, hagis_u <ss1941...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 26, 12:08 pm, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
>
> > SM 2.0Codeis up now atwww.SternPinball.com

> > Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> > Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> > This is ENGLISH ONLY.  Foreign language versions will be available
> > after the holiday weekend.
>
> > Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> > LFS
>
> SM was a good game, but, now the newcodehas turned it up a lot of

> notches.  A completly new atomsphere of play.  It truly now is one of
> Stern's finest...;-)

thanks to all for the update Lyman and Stern.

Magic Mike

Nov 26, 2008, 11:37:51 PM11/26/08
> Spider-Man V2.00

Looks like Stern is checking things off their "To Do" list before they close
the doors.....?

Mike

Keith P. Johnson

Nov 26, 2008, 11:42:12 PM11/26/08
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:13:16 -0800 (PST), "The PinKeeper, AZ"
<slon...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have renewed hope of the WOF software being finished.

Heh, well, I suppose anything's possible. Probably no one else more
than me would like to see that happen. There had been some progress
made, but it's not ready for release by any means. I don't honestly
know why anyone would spend any time on it though.

keith
--
At one time I had random Your Mother jokes down here.
Maybe someday they'll return...

TBK

Nov 26, 2008, 11:55:31 PM11/26/08
On Nov 26, 8:42 pm, Keith P. Johnson <pin-wiz...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:13:16 -0800 (PST), "The PinKeeper, AZ"
>
> <slones...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >I have renewed hope of the WOF software being finished.
>
> Heh, well, I suppose anything's possible.  Probably no one else more
> than me would like to see that happen.  There had been some progress
> made, but it's not ready for release by any means.  I don't honestly
> know why anyone would spend any time on it though.
>
> keith
> --
> At one time I had random Your Mother jokes down here.
> Maybe someday they'll return...

Because the game, despite the theme, has a very fun playing field with
a feel that hasn't been around in many years.
I am not an owner - just a player - this game with a good solid rule
set would be very nice. It plays like machines of yesteryear with the
advantages of modern technology, it's quite a disappointment that
Stern didn't capitalize on the opportunity. Many comments I read (and
some I wrote) were strictly software or theme related with many
positive mentions of how nostalgic the game play felt. Substantial
enough early praise in my opinion to not let it die on the vine.

Keith, you've written the absolute most incredible rule set (LOTR) I
have ever had the pleasure of playing! Thank you!

However, I just disagree with your sentiment here regarding WoF but
from a far different perspective than yours at this time. Best wishes
for you and your family during the holidays!

Your biggest fan,

~Ron R
TBK=The Biggest Kid
"Route-rat extraordinaire!"

The most enthusiastic player anywhere!
Looking for pin tourneys in So. Cal

Daniel Tonks

Nov 27, 2008, 1:09:08 AM11/27/08
pinbal...@aol.com wrote:
> SM 2.0 Code is up now at www.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.
>
> This is ENGLISH ONLY. Foreign language versions will be available
> after the holiday weekend.
>
> Happy Thanksgiving.
>
> LFS

Wow, there is a LOT of new stuff - it's not like only a couple of modes were
enhanced, practically everything has added material. And from the old weak
Dune of Doom closing to this new amazing one - big difference!

A fantastic game has become... super fantastic! :-)

- Dan

Daniel Tonks

Nov 27, 2008, 1:10:59 AM11/27/08
Rare Hero <rareh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Noticable differences so far (3 games played):
>
> -Goblin seems to have had his coil behavior modified...I think it
> makes him move more when you hit him

Yes, big changes here... seems to be multiple, more powerful hits.
Previously he would almost silently wiggle around a bit, now he thrashes and
you can definitely hear the plunger hitting the bracket.

- Dan

Daniel Tonks

Nov 27, 2008, 1:16:33 AM11/27/08
Anyone know what the "Spider Sense Lane Exit" feature adjustment does?
Options are "To Playfield" and "To Shooter Lane".

- Dan

Keith P. Johnson

Nov 27, 2008, 1:16:41 AM11/27/08
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:55:31 -0800 (PST), TBK <rrez...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>However, I just disagree with your sentiment here regarding WoF but
>from a far different perspective than yours at this time. Best wishes
>for you and your family during the holidays!

Hey don't get me wrong - I really like the game and how it was turning
out. I was speaking from a business perspective on Stern's part.

Josh Lehan - Krellan

Nov 27, 2008, 1:26:00 AM11/27/08
On Nov 26, 9:08 am, pinballsa...@aol.com wrote:
> SM 2.0 Code is up now atwww.SternPinball.com
>
> Spider-Man V2.00 - November 26, 2008 - System V1.47
>
> Added display effects, lamp effects, sound effects, and speech.

Wow!

Thanks to Lyman and Steve Ritchie for getting the software released.

Thanks also to whoever at Stern does the licensing arrangements, and
got the studio's permission to include the additional movie scenes in
the software.

I'll have to play an updated machine in order to see the new
choreography.

Were there any additions to the rules? There are only three holes in
the previous rules that I could see:

1) Combo Multiball

2) Awards for completing HERO

3) Score rollover bug somewhere between 4B and 5B points -- I haven't
been a good enough player to be able to explore the exact details of
this bug

Josh

Kevin L

Nov 27, 2008, 2:21:46 AM11/27/08

I was wondering the same thing. Doesn't seem to make sense but I must
be missing something. Please explain.

Rare Hero

Nov 27, 2008, 2:58:51 AM11/27/08

I haven't messed around w/ that setting yet - but a theory: Ya know
how it sucks when you get Spider-Sense and it accidentally bounces to
the outlane? I'm guessing "To Shooter Lane" might give you the ball
back if it goes to the outlane?

Greg

Rare Hero

Nov 27, 2008, 3:01:14 AM11/27/08
On Nov 26, 10:16 pm, Keith P. Johnson <pin-wiz...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> Hey don't get me wrong - I really like the game and how it was turning
> out.  I was speaking from a business perspective on Stern's part.

Aside from being a nice gesture to those who spent $4000 on their
machines, it might encourage more people to buy one, and increase the
value for operators when they sell their routed one. I know you said
the hardcore people who "care about software" is a small
percentage....but if times are tough...selling 20 machines is better
than selling 0.

Greg

Daniel Tonks

Nov 27, 2008, 3:36:38 AM11/27/08

I know that's something that had been talked about, but the option names
just seem a little odd for that. I would have maybe expected "Normal" and
"Drain Compensation".

If the right outlane is the first switch that's sensed within a few seconds
after triggering spider sense, then serve up a new ball. But with those
option names, I wonder if it ALWAYS serves up a new ball regardless?

On my machine it drains that way maybe 15% of the time, usually from
entering the lane from the bottom.

- Dan

Daniel Tonks

Nov 27, 2008, 3:39:31 AM11/27/08

I know if the software was more finished I'd pick up one of those closeout
specials.

Keith - you happen to have that slightly more complete software still? :-)

- Dan

soltic

Nov 27, 2008, 8:19:21 AM11/27/08
On Nov 26, 12:30 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Yes, another thing that drives me nuts about Stern.  They update the
> code itself but no one makes the change on the tech page.  You go
> there and see it says 1.92 and figure it's not there.
>
> I mean, how f'ing hard could that be.

...myabe it's not supposed to officially be there....?

Someone explained to me recently that when code work is released w/
added speech from actor's they have to go through approvals w/ studios
again & again...

-Rod

mr tobias

Nov 27, 2008, 10:02:17 AM11/27/08
A terrific enhancement to the game, which is now undoubtedly one of
the best machines of the last ten years. It's a shame there were
problems in getting to this point, but a most sincere thank you to
Lyman, Stern and anyone else involved for making version 2.0 happen at
last. Those who don't own the game should now put it top of their
shopping list. I wonder if a supplementary run is planned?

slingshot

Nov 27, 2008, 11:19:28 AM11/27/08
I remember reading somewhere that late in the process, they talked about
making spidersense exit to the shooter lane instead of the playfield. It
was too late in the process to change the playfields though. Maybe this is
leftover from that?

"Daniel Tonks" <dtonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM> wrote in message

falcon...@sbcglobal.net

Nov 27, 2008, 11:25:19 AM11/27/08
On Nov 26, 1:30 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
> Yes, AH, but when she's not home, I have my pinball machines take her
> place.  ;-)
>
> Bryan (CARGPB 14)http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins
> Home of the EXECUTIVE Pin Footie  http://www.pinfooties.com
>
> On Nov 26, 12:25 pm, chuck <ch...@source9.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 26, 1:22 pm, Bryan Kelly <bskel...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > "change the insult level to high"
>
> > Doesn't your wife insult you enough??

Just did the update. Stern did a very nice job cleanning up the flow
of the game!! Plays great. New sandman videos, more Doc Ock and plays
very smooth and makes more sense. GREAT JOB! A+

Rare Hero

Nov 27, 2008, 11:40:38 AM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 8:25 am, falcon200...@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Just did the update. Stern did a very nice job cleanning up the flow
> of the game!! Plays great. New sandman videos, more Doc Ock and plays
> very smooth and makes more sense. GREAT JOB! A+

I went from 1.92 to 2.0 ...I didn't notice anything new from Doc Ock.
What did you notice?

Greg

gpsdrew

Nov 27, 2008, 11:44:10 AM11/27/08
WOW,
just played my first game after the update and it is FANTASTIC!
Thanka agin Lyman, you Rock for getting this done!
So Many cool things...

Drew

movierev...@yahoo.com

Nov 27, 2008, 12:01:43 PM11/27/08
It took me about 10 games after the update, but I reached Super Hero
and Combo Multiball.

New intro animation and, I think, speech for SH. If not speech, then
certainly a new sound effect. The animation is Venom's web-writing.
It says, "Stop Us If You Can." The rest of Super Hero Mode is the
same. At least the first few waves. I made it through the first wave
of red spider inserts. I made it through the four villians at least
three times, but it was the same music, sound effects, and text/
scoring animation. I actually like it like that. With just the music
and sound effects on hits, it seems more intense, like I should really
be concentrating.

Combo Multiball counts the combos starting at 0. No extra animation
or sound. I think any combos you get during CM doesn't add to your
overall 50. I hit about 7 combos during CM, which should have given
me a total of 57 for Combo Champion, but it was only 50 when I entered
my initials (game ended when I drained both balls during CM). I did
get my initials in for CM -7 combos.

I saw the Spider Sense option but didn't mess with it. I'll take the
glass off and see what the different options do and report back if no
one else has.

It's all been mentioned in other posts, but it's kind of scattered, so
I'll post other things I've noticed here:

Much more speech and animation throughout Sandman's three modes.
More speech and animation for Venom's three modes.
GG toy is more animated.
Speech and animation added when finishing a villian and lighting
Spider inserts (newspaper headline).
Added animation for The Amazing Spider-man mode
Added animation for Daily Bugle
Added animation for Bonesaw
Added animation for combos

Probably more.

Mark Malmberg - Ceres, California

Rare Hero

Nov 27, 2008, 12:11:12 PM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 9:01 am, moviereviews4...@yahoo.com wrote:
> It took me about 10 games after the update, but I reached Super Hero
> and Combo Multiball.

WTF!!!

...thanks for making me feel like I suck.

...maybe it's time I set Replay to give an extra ball or
something...that might be the extra help I need to see Super Hero
finally.

Greg

Jeff S

Nov 27, 2008, 1:21:56 PM11/27/08
Wow, I've seen more Stern accolades in this thread than I've read in
the past two years on this site! Proves people are not anti-Stern,
rather have high standards and aren't willing to settle for less.

What constitutes version 2.0? While people pointed out deficiencies,
there was a unanamous appeal for 2.0 to be released. The consenus was
2.0 would automatically equate to a finished product. What if this
latest version had been named 1.97? What if an earlier version had
been labeled 3.2? I guess I am asking whether there are some
generally accepted standards for versioning.

JeffS
ATL

TBK

Nov 27, 2008, 1:39:40 PM11/27/08

2.0 would imply a major new software release. Since it was quite close
to complete, the next major release would most likely finish it off.
If there were a 1.97 release, people would be expecting a 2.0
eventually. However, unless there is a major issue in this release
that requires a programmers attention, there will probably not be any
future release.

Humor intended software coding explanation:

Version 0.X - you are ordered to write some code and you have an idea
you want to try

Version: 1.0 - the deadline has come and this is what you got so far

Version: 1.1 - usually released within hours or days of 1.0, you knew
it wasn't done

Version: 1.2 - 1.5 - I can't believe it needed this much work I wish I
would have done "X"

Version: 1.6 - You do "X"

Version: 1.7 - I can't believe "X" needed this much work I wish I
would have done "Y"

Version: 1.8 - You do "Y"

Version 1.9 - Oops! Sorry about that "thing"in 1.8!

Version 2.0 - Whew! That's better that should take care of it all! {I
hope!}

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

phishrace

Nov 27, 2008, 2:05:01 PM11/27/08
On Nov 27, 10:21 am, Jeff S <je...@jeffspinballpalace.com> wrote:
> Wow, I've seen more Stern accolades in this thread than I've read in
> the past two years on this site! Proves people are not anti-Stern,
> rather have high standards and aren't willing to settle for less.

I was happy with Spidey at 1.6. Does that make me easy?

> What constitutes version 2.0? While people pointed out deficiencies,
> there was a unanamous appeal for 2.0 to be released. The consenus was
> 2.0 would automatically equate to a finished product. What if this
> latest version had been named 1.97? What if an earlier version had
> been labeled 3.2? I guess I am asking whether there are some
> generally accepted standards for versioning.

Gary has clearly adapted a 'Pinball Style' numbering convention for
software releases. Makes no sense at all. I believe he has done this
intentionally. Just to mess with you guys. I hear CSI's final release
is going to be either a fraction or some sort of symbol.
d;^)

I need more gravy...

-phish

movierev...@yahoo.com

Nov 27, 2008, 2:27:26 PM11/27/08

Yes, I have Replay set to give an extra ball, as well as Special (why
would I have it set to Credit when it's on Free Play?).

It is loading more messages.