Grupos de Google ya no admite publicaciones ni suscripciones nuevas de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue visible.

Medieval Madness & my opinion

5 vistas
Ir al primer mensaje no leído

McKinley Richard

no leída,
14 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.14/7/1997
para

Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
just didn't have the right flow for the game.

I will say that MM is the best of the recent crop of WMS offerings in
comparison to Junkyard & Scared Stiff). It makes me wonder if Brian Eddy
says to Pat Lawlor "when I first met you, you were the teacher and I was
the student. Now I am the master" and then he hits him with his light
sabre, oh wait, never mind, getting my reference points screwed up
again.

McKinley Richard

Greg Gibson

no leída,
14 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.14/7/1997
para

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:25:54 -0500, McKinley Richard
<alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
> thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
> ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
> backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
> still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
> funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
> it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
> drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
> just didn't have the right flow for the game.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way about MM. I
completely agree with you, although I too haven't spent much time playing
it yet (probably only played 5 or 6 games).

I'm sure that I will earn more respect for it later, but it still didn't
knock my socks off like the first time I played AFM. AFM was fun from the
first time I played it - MM is already 5 games deep, and I'm still not
convinced that it's a really good game.

--Greg Gibson
Greg Gibson | Southern California Pinball news and information, |
gre...@primenet.com | including Pinball Machine lists for the greater |
| Southern California area, sound good? Check out |
| http://www.primenet.com/~greggg/pinball |

David Gersic

no leída,
15 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.15/7/1997
para

In <33cbffa6...@news.primenet.com>, greggg*@primenet.com (Greg Gibson) writes:
>On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:25:54 -0500, McKinley Richard
><alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> wrote:
>
>> Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
>> thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
>> ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
>> backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
>> still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
>> funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
>> it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
>> drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
>> just didn't have the right flow for the game.
>>

>I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way about MM. I
>completely agree with you, although I too haven't spent much time playing
>it yet (probably only played 5 or 6 games).
>
>I'm sure that I will earn more respect for it later, but it still didn't
>knock my socks off like the first time I played AFM. AFM was fun from the
>first time I played it - MM is already 5 games deep, and I'm still not
>convinced that it's a really good game.

To each their own, I guess. I had exactly the opposite reactions. AFM first
impression was "oh, ok, that's nice". MM first impression was "WHOA!".

| |
|David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
|Systems Programmer Northern Illinois University |
| |
| "rm -fr *" means never getting to say you're sorry. |
| |
|I'm tired of receiving crap in my mailbox, so the E-mail address has been|
|munged to foil the junkmail bots. Humans will figure it out on their own.|

KMorris ww

no leída,
16 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.16/7/1997
para

In article <5qgdsr$9...@corn.cso.niu.edu>, dgersic_@_niu.edu (David Gersic)
writes:

>To each their own, I guess. I had exactly the opposite reactions. AFM
first
>impression was "oh, ok, that's nice". MM first impression was "WHOA!".

I'm in the same boat as you are. I went to Jilly's in Ocean City, NJ to
play their pinball machines and I saw MM there. It was the first time I've
seen the game. So I set out to play it. I liked it a lot right after I
played my very first game on the machine. I must have put in about 4 or 5
dollars playing that game (at TWENTY FIVE CENTS per game) while I only
played one or two games (at the same pricing) on the AFM that was there. I
don't find AFM nearly as interesting as MM.

Koi
e-mail: KMorris w...@aol.com
Fiffff-ty millll-yon! Come on everybody, out to the cemetary!
Get the extra ball! Thuhhhhh Mamushhhka!
Let's go THING!... Well played THING, you're realy on the ball!

Scott Piehler

no leída,
18 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.18/7/1997
para

Bill Ung <u...@filenet.com*> wrote:

>Since NBA Fastbreak was a George Gomez beast, and Medieval Madness is
>Brian Eddy's latest effort, will the following pin be a Pat Lawlor or
>John Popadiuk Jr.?
>
>Personally, I'm looking forward to either...

Popadiuk. Circus theme. allegedly to be shown at AMOA in October.

Scott
Scott Piehler (RSP)- Atlanta, GA
An archive of Pinball Rulesheets as well as
a list of newer pins in the Atlanta area can be found at
http://www.mindspring.com/~rosco29/pinball.htm

McKinley Richard

no leída,
18 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.18/7/1997
para

Scott Piehler wrote:

> Bill Ung <u...@filenet.com*> wrote:
>

> >Since NBA Fastbreak was a George Gomez beast, and Medieval Madness is
> >Brian Eddy's latest effort, will the following pin be a Pat Lawlor or
> >John Popadiuk Jr.?
> >
> >Personally, I'm looking forward to either...
>
> Popadiuk. Circus theme. allegedly to be shown at AMOA in October.

Now *that* sounds good! I can't wait.

McKinley Richard

no leída,
21 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.21/7/1997
para

Greg Gibson wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:25:54 -0500, McKinley Richard
> <alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> wrote:
>
> > Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
> > thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
> > ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
> > backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
> > still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
> > funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
> > it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
> > drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
> > just didn't have the right flow for the game.
> >

> I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way about MM. I
> completely agree with you, although I too haven't spent much time playing
> it yet (probably only played 5 or 6 games).
>
> I'm sure that I will earn more respect for it later, but it still didn't
> knock my socks off like the first time I played AFM. AFM was fun from the
> first time I played it - MM is already 5 games deep, and I'm still not
> convinced that it's a really good game.
>
> --Greg Gibson
> Greg Gibson | Southern California Pinball news and information, |

> | http://www.primenet.com/~greggg/pinball

Well, from the opinions being posted, it seems that we're in the
minority on RGP. Almost everyone is raving about it. There've been a few
differing opinions but not much. I still wonder if it'll be a hit.

Jocoloco

no leída,
23 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.23/7/1997
para

> >Brian Eddy's latest effort, will the following pin be a Pat Lawlor or
> >John Popadiuk Jr.?

I've heard rumors (only rumors) that Pat Lawlor is working on a Rocky
Horror Picture Show theme. If he isn't please don't kill me. If he is,
don't kill me if let a secret out that shouldn't have escaped!

Also, I think that Pat should make an Earthshaker sequel called
"Shakedown", and have more quotes from that "Bitchin" woman. If Roadshow
was meant to be a sequel, then to hell with what I just said :-)

Joel Cohen
**********************
E-mail: Joco...@aol.com

GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED 2: "Damn, they're shootin' at us!"
ROLLER GAMES: "It's sudden death; go for the waaaaallllllll!!!!!!"
BLACK KNIGHT 2000: "Stand up and fight!"
NO FEAR: "Second place is first loser!"
____

Rocky Willson

no leída,
25 jul 1997, 3:00:00 a.m.25/7/1997
para

In <33D3A2...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> McKinley Richard
<alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> writes:

>Greg Gibson wrote:

>Well, from the opinions being posted, it seems that we're in the

>minority on RGP. Almost everyone is raving about it (MM). There've

been a few
>differing opinions but not much. I still wonder if it'll be a hit.

A good indicator of whether a game will be a hit is the revenues from
the test market games. Does anyone know how it (the beta MM's results)
compare to the beta results for AFM?

0 mensajes nuevos