Medieval Madness & my opinion

McKinley Richard

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
just didn't have the right flow for the game.

I will say that MM is the best of the recent crop of WMS offerings in
comparison to Junkyard & Scared Stiff). It makes me wonder if Brian Eddy
says to Pat Lawlor "when I first met you, you were the teacher and I was
the student. Now I am the master" and then he hits him with his light
sabre, oh wait, never mind, getting my reference points screwed up
again.

McKinley Richard

Greg Gibson

Jul 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/14/97

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:25:54 -0500, McKinley Richard
<alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
> thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
> ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
> backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
> still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
> funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
> it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
> drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
> just didn't have the right flow for the game.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way about MM. I
completely agree with you, although I too haven't spent much time playing
it yet (probably only played 5 or 6 games).

I'm sure that I will earn more respect for it later, but it still didn't
knock my socks off like the first time I played AFM. AFM was fun from the
first time I played it - MM is already 5 games deep, and I'm still not
convinced that it's a really good game.

--Greg Gibson
Greg Gibson | Southern California Pinball news and information, |
gre...@primenet.com | including Pinball Machine lists for the greater |
| Southern California area, sound good? Check out |
| http://www.primenet.com/~greggg/pinball |

David Gersic

Jul 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/15/97

In <33cbffa6...@news.primenet.com>, greggg*@primenet.com (Greg Gibson) writes:
>On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:25:54 -0500, McKinley Richard
><alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> wrote:
>
>> Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
>> thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
>> ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
>> backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
>> still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
>> funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
>> it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
>> drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
>> just didn't have the right flow for the game.
>>

>I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way about MM. I
>completely agree with you, although I too haven't spent much time playing
>it yet (probably only played 5 or 6 games).
>
>I'm sure that I will earn more respect for it later, but it still didn't
>knock my socks off like the first time I played AFM. AFM was fun from the
>first time I played it - MM is already 5 games deep, and I'm still not
>convinced that it's a really good game.

To each their own, I guess. I had exactly the opposite reactions. AFM first
impression was "oh, ok, that's nice". MM first impression was "WHOA!".

| |
|David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
|Systems Programmer Northern Illinois University |
| |
| "rm -fr *" means never getting to say you're sorry. |
| |
|I'm tired of receiving crap in my mailbox, so the E-mail address has been|
|munged to foil the junkmail bots. Humans will figure it out on their own.|

KMorris ww

Jul 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/16/97

In article <5qgdsr$9...@corn.cso.niu.edu>, dgersic_@_niu.edu (David Gersic)
writes:

>To each their own, I guess. I had exactly the opposite reactions. AFM
first
>impression was "oh, ok, that's nice". MM first impression was "WHOA!".

I'm in the same boat as you are. I went to Jilly's in Ocean City, NJ to
play their pinball machines and I saw MM there. It was the first time I've
seen the game. So I set out to play it. I liked it a lot right after I
played my very first game on the machine. I must have put in about 4 or 5
dollars playing that game (at TWENTY FIVE CENTS per game) while I only
played one or two games (at the same pricing) on the AFM that was there. I
don't find AFM nearly as interesting as MM.

Koi
e-mail: KMorris w...@aol.com
Fiffff-ty millll-yon! Come on everybody, out to the cemetary!
Get the extra ball! Thuhhhhh Mamushhhka!
Let's go THING!... Well played THING, you're realy on the ball!

Scott Piehler

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

Bill Ung <u...@filenet.com*> wrote:

>Since NBA Fastbreak was a George Gomez beast, and Medieval Madness is
>Brian Eddy's latest effort, will the following pin be a Pat Lawlor or
>John Popadiuk Jr.?
>
>Personally, I'm looking forward to either...

Popadiuk. Circus theme. allegedly to be shown at AMOA in October.

Scott
Scott Piehler (RSP)- Atlanta, GA
An archive of Pinball Rulesheets as well as
a list of newer pins in the Atlanta area can be found at
http://www.mindspring.com/~rosco29/pinball.htm

McKinley Richard

Jul 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/18/97

Scott Piehler wrote:

> Bill Ung <u...@filenet.com*> wrote:
>

> >Since NBA Fastbreak was a George Gomez beast, and Medieval Madness is
> >Brian Eddy's latest effort, will the following pin be a Pat Lawlor or
> >John Popadiuk Jr.?
> >
> >Personally, I'm looking forward to either...
>
> Popadiuk. Circus theme. allegedly to be shown at AMOA in October.

Now *that* sounds good! I can't wait.

McKinley Richard

Jul 21, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/21/97

Greg Gibson wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:25:54 -0500, McKinley Richard
> <alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> wrote:
>
> > Well, I've been trying to think about the game and what I actually
> > thought. Hmmm, it's a lot slower than AFM, that's for sure. Those split
> > ramps are pretty cool and will definitely do more for pinball than a 3D
> > backbox will ever do. Ball time seems up considerably for this game. It
> > still doesn't seem like a totally fun game to play though. It seems
> > funny with the quotes, launching cats (poor kitty) and the trolls, but
> > it doesn't have the oomph that AFM does. I don't know, I think I need to
> > drop a few more bucks in it to decide wether or not I like it. Maybe I
> > just didn't have the right flow for the game.
> >

> I was beginning to think I was the only one who felt this way about MM. I
> completely agree with you, although I too haven't spent much time playing
> it yet (probably only played 5 or 6 games).
>
> I'm sure that I will earn more respect for it later, but it still didn't
> knock my socks off like the first time I played AFM. AFM was fun from the
> first time I played it - MM is already 5 games deep, and I'm still not
> convinced that it's a really good game.
>
> --Greg Gibson
> Greg Gibson | Southern California Pinball news and information, |

> | http://www.primenet.com/~greggg/pinball

Well, from the opinions being posted, it seems that we're in the
minority on RGP. Almost everyone is raving about it. There've been a few
differing opinions but not much. I still wonder if it'll be a hit.

Jocoloco

Jul 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/23/97

> >Brian Eddy's latest effort, will the following pin be a Pat Lawlor or
> >John Popadiuk Jr.?

I've heard rumors (only rumors) that Pat Lawlor is working on a Rocky
Horror Picture Show theme. If he isn't please don't kill me. If he is,
don't kill me if let a secret out that shouldn't have escaped!

Also, I think that Pat should make an Earthshaker sequel called
"Shakedown", and have more quotes from that "Bitchin" woman. If Roadshow
was meant to be a sequel, then to hell with what I just said :-)

Joel Cohen
**********************
E-mail: Joco...@aol.com

GETAWAY: HIGH SPEED 2: "Damn, they're shootin' at us!"
ROLLER GAMES: "It's sudden death; go for the waaaaallllllll!!!!!!"
BLACK KNIGHT 2000: "Stand up and fight!"
NO FEAR: "Second place is first loser!"
____

Rocky Willson

Jul 25, 1997, 3:00:00 AM7/25/97

In <33D3A2...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> McKinley Richard
<alr...@earthlink.NOSPAM.net> writes:

>Greg Gibson wrote:

>Well, from the opinions being posted, it seems that we're in the

>minority on RGP. Almost everyone is raving about it (MM). There've

been a few
>differing opinions but not much. I still wonder if it'll be a hit.

A good indicator of whether a game will be a hit is the revenues from
the test market games. Does anyone know how it (the beta MM's results)
compare to the beta results for AFM?