Sound ROMS Question, TZ

Russ

Feb 23, 2009, 7:48:26 PM2/23/09
I have a sound board that doesn't have any ROM Chips on them. I am
having trouble finding out which chips to use for burning the ROMS..
I have heard some people say 27c040, 27c1001,27c010. Do all games use
the same chips for sound on U14, U15,U18? If so which ones do I
use? For Twilight Zone? Do you have to change anything to use
different size chips on the A-12738 Sound board? So if I pull a sound
board from a game that uses smaller sized ROMS do I need to change
anything on that board so that I can use with a game that requires
larger files?
Thank you
Russ

John Wart, jr

Feb 23, 2009, 8:19:27 PM2/23/09
Russ,

Download the binaries and figure it out.

U14 is 128KB
U15 & U18 are 512KB

128KB = 27c010 or compatible
512KB = 27c040 or compatible

There are no eprom size jumpers that need to be set on that board.

You might verify the value of R22-R25 to your parts list or schematic, on
some games these were changed to modify the balance between cab speaker and
backbox speaker.

"Russ" <uria...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Russ

Feb 24, 2009, 6:09:29 PM2/24/09