Saving flaking and peeling sideart cabinet artwork

jrothe

Jan 13, 2008, 9:20:34 PM1/13/08
I wrote a blog post about this, can anyone help me out? I saw a
number of posts in the pinball forums about this, but I didn't read
anyone reporting back to tell their successes.

http://www.rotheblog.com/1614/preserving-flaking-arcade-game-artwork

I have a Ms. Pac-man that has some areas, not everywhere, just strange
pieces where the cabinet artwork is starting to flake. I wasn't able
to dig up much, I elaborate more above.

Has anyone done this successfully without repainting their cabinet?

Steve C

Jan 14, 2008, 1:42:16 AM1/14/08
I've used triple thick to stop flaking and it seemed to work pretty well too.

stevebo

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:20:34 -0800 (PST), jrothe <rothecr...@gmail.com>

jrothe

Jan 14, 2008, 7:51:43 AM1/14/08
It stopped the flaking....but was the shine really shiny? Or was it
not that noticeable if laid down fairly thin in only a layer or two?

Thanks for the previous "chime in".

On Jan 14, 1:42 am, Steve C <st...@stevechannel.com> wrote:
> I've used triple thick to stop flaking and it seemed to work pretty well too.
>
> stevebo
>

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 18:20:34 -0800 (PST), jrothe <rothecreati...@gmail.com>

Steve C

Jan 15, 2008, 12:41:52 AM1/15/08
it was shiny but since I did the sides and top area (a backbox in my case for
the last game I did it to), it didn't seem to stand out that bad. I wouldn't do
it as a spot repair although I imagine you could dull it a little with some
wet/dry sandpaper (1000 grit) if need be.

stevebo

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 04:51:43 -0800 (PST), jrothe <rothecr...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>It stopped the flaking....but was the shine really shiny? Or was it

Steve C

Jan 16, 2008, 1:14:52 AM1/16/08
I've also used a green scotchbrite pad to dull things a little.

stevebo