whitewater flipper strength - too strong

Max Pinball

Feb 9, 2011, 11:17:42 PM2/9/11
I have FL11630 coils in my whitewater. new springs... flippers are
damn strong. I think they will break sh!t... any thoughts about
this??? any possible solutions. could it be the game needs more
incline??? thx, Max

Lloyd Olson

Feb 9, 2011, 11:27:00 PM2/9/11
More incline possibly.

Here is what works nicely otherwise-

Lower left: FL-15411 (orange)
Lower right: FL-11629 (blue)
Upper right: FL-11630 (red)

LTG :)

"Max Pinball" <max...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Max Pinball

Feb 9, 2011, 11:38:37 PM2/9/11
lloyd,

am I confused here. is 11630 stronger than 11629.

thx max

On Feb 9, 11:27 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> More incline possibly.
>
> Here is what works nicely otherwise-
>
> Lower left: FL-15411 (orange)
> Lower right: FL-11629 (blue)
> Upper right: FL-11630 (red)
>
> LTG :)

turbo20lbs

Feb 9, 2011, 11:43:53 PM2/9/11

29's are the strongest from what I know.

Max Pinball

Feb 9, 2011, 11:51:21 PM2/9/11
yes, so if the 11630 are too strong I think going higher can only make
things worse. I will check incline.

Max

PinAffliction

Feb 10, 2011, 1:16:07 AM2/10/11
Check your flipper coil voltage first, should be about 70 VDC no load.
Coils don't matter yet until you know they are getting the right drive
voltage.
Then you can tune strength to suit by changing coils. :)
Might be easy to correct a voltage issue if it turns out the
transformer is tapped wrong, say for low line and your line is ok or
high.

Scott

1fordlord

Feb 10, 2011, 1:16:56 AM2/10/11

I checked my Whitewater manual and it specifically says:
Lower Right Flipper -11629
Upper Right Flipper -11630
Lower Left Flipper -11629
So if these are your solenoids then you should check your incline.

Dave

Beemus

Feb 10, 2011, 1:39:38 AM2/10/11

This comes up often with WH2O. The solenoid/flasher table isn't
accurate. See page 2-20 of the manual for the correct coils.

FL-11629 for right and upper right flipper
FL-15411 for Left flipper

Beemus

Feb 10, 2011, 1:50:16 AM2/10/11

Bah... upper right - 11630, per the parts list.
right 11629
left 15411. (this i'm sure of, 11629 is too strong. Page 2-20 is clear
and jives with the parts list as well.)

sorry

calvin12

Feb 10, 2011, 8:14:50 AM2/10/11
On Feb 9, 10:27 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> More incline possibly.
>
> Here is what works nicely otherwise-
>
> Lower left: FL-15411 (orange)
> Lower right: FL-11629 (blue)
> Upper right: FL-11630 (red)
>
> LTG :)
>
> "Max Pinball" <maxp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have FL11630 coils in my whitewater. new springs... flippers are
> > damn strong. I think they will break sh!t... any thoughts about
> > this??? any possible solutions. could it be the game needs more
> > incline??? thx, Max

there are different coils on the bottom flippers? isn't that unusual.

Kill Bill

Feb 10, 2011, 8:19:51 AM2/10/11

Max Pinball

Feb 10, 2011, 9:46:06 AM2/10/11
Like I stated, I have FL11630 all around... and the lowers being
freshly rebuilt seem very very strong. there are really no high ramps
in the game.

incline checked out okay on the playfield at 6.5 - 7 degrees.

could it be the flipper return spring, I'm not using any (just
kidding)... I have the sidemounted spring, not the conical shaped one.
Do these come if different strengths. the only other one I have in my
parts box are the bigger data east/stern ones.

thx, Max

Dan Q very much

Feb 10, 2011, 10:14:18 AM2/10/11
I doubt the return spring would be, what, not strong enough to resist the flip power enough, leaving too much for the ball?

Have you checked the voltage? You haven't said. It happens, my reimport STTNG had a misassembled transformer plug which caused it to be effectively high tapped when it was converted back to 110 by someone not paying attention to which color wire was going to which pin.

kenny_ii

Feb 10, 2011, 10:32:43 AM2/10/11

Are these coils Williams or aftermarket? I wonder if you have mis
labeled coils.

K2

Lloyd Olson

Feb 10, 2011, 2:55:27 PM2/10/11
Not for White Water. LTG :)

"calvin12" <regis...@gmail.com> wrote in message

mstunick

Feb 10, 2011, 4:11:29 PM2/10/11
I had the reverse problem. My upper flipper was too weak. I stretched
out the spring, and problem was solved. Try a tighter spring. It
doesn't take much to affect the strength.

calvin12

Feb 10, 2011, 4:45:38 PM2/10/11
On Feb 10, 1:55 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Not for White Water. LTG :)
>
> "calvin12" <regismai...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> there are different coils on the bottom flippers?  isn't that unusual.

I see that's its different on that game, I was just commenting that
its seems odd, as a long time OP, is it unusual?

Lloyd Olson

Feb 10, 2011, 4:49:52 PM2/10/11
Probably unusual. Not many games have a variety of long and close shots and
breakables. Or breakables that any one worried about out of the box. LTG :)

"calvin12" <regis...@gmail.com> wrote in message

barakandl

Feb 10, 2011, 5:35:22 PM2/10/11

Baywatch uses different strength coils for the bottom flippers.

Cayle George

Feb 10, 2011, 5:57:59 PM2/10/11
Are you sure they are too strong? I have NEVER played a game where I
was like "man these are too strong, this sucks!"

Sure you just arnt wussing out thinking you are going to hurt your
precious delicate game? ;)