Yes, its true! New pinball manufacturer--ICE

Tntquality

Nov 19, 2002, 10:09:53 PM11/19/02
ICE (they make Super Chexx)has been planning to enter the market for a number
of months....I had heard this from Deith Amusements about 9 months ago but was
sworn to secrecy......I now can tell you (since it has been announced) they are
planning their first game to be ADDAMS FAMILY TWO......certainly to be a huge
seller...it is not known what electronic system they will use yet...or they are
not telling! They are also planning on remanufacturing BRAND NEW SHUFFLE
ALLEYS! They will be making Williams last regular 7 digit display machine
SHUFFLE INN---and not using a dot matrix display. If this is true, maybe
another display manufacturer will step in and make tubes without those blasted
tits on the backside!!!
Todd from TNT Amusements...our address is 1310 Industrial Blvd. Southampton PA
18966...website: tntamusements.com email:tntqu...@AOL.com. Our phone
number is 215-953-1188 then press 0 to skip automation. We're open everyday
except Wed & Sun 10 to 8

Keith Stelter

Nov 19, 2002, 10:35:03 PM11/19/02
Oh Great!
Addams Family Two.
Start a new pinball company with a theme that's a decade old. Well, all
they have to do is figure out how to survive after the first week since
that's how long it will take for the 40 or so RGP TAF die hard fans to buy
NIB games.
After that it's "Are you SURE that these phones are working"?
I'd love to see another pinball company out there. I just think that leading
off with TAF 2 isn't a great business decision.

Just my opinion.

"Tntquality" <tntqu...@aol.com> wrote in message

Ron Strom

Nov 19, 2002, 11:09:13 PM11/19/02
You forgot the "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon at the end.
--
Ron -- CARGPB7 - (Change hot to ice for reply)

In article <20021119220953...@mb-cu.aol.com>, tntqu...@aol.com
says...

Craig Tiano

Nov 19, 2002, 10:58:46 PM11/19/02

Addams Family II will only invite comparison to the original, still
the largest selling pinball machine of all time. If ICE's product
isn't absolutely flawless in design and execution, RGP will be
relentless in pointing out everything that is wrong with it. Aw, heck,
even if it is perfect, someone on RGP will complain about something!
But seriously, AF2 isn't a bad theme, and probably one which will sell
a fair number to operators (recalling their profits on the original
AF) and collectors (who need AF, AFG, and now AF2 to complete their
collections).

I'll echo the sentiments of LTG: another manufacturer or two will
validate that pinball is not dead and could lead to a renaissance of
pinball as a popular pasttime. I don't think I'm stretching too far in
suggesting that the interest in the pinball business I've seen in the
last year ("Vacation America", Chicago Flipper, etc...) is undoubtably
proof that people other than Gary Stern think there is money to be
made in the game. The great thing about more new machines in the
pipeline means the prices of some of the older games will now go back
to their pre-inflationary levels and we, as collectors, can afford to
once again build up our collections without breaking the bank.

Craig

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:35:03 -0500, "Keith Stelter" <ste...@qtm.net>

Donnie Barnes

Nov 19, 2002, 11:27:30 PM11/19/02
> Oh Great!
> Addams Family Two.
> Start a new pinball company with a theme that's a decade old.

"A decade"? Isn't the theme more like 50 years old? :-)

--Donnie

--
Donnie Barnes http://www.donniebarnes.com d...@donniebarnes.com 879. V.

GoosePimp

Nov 20, 2002, 1:32:51 AM11/20/02
How fuckin' old ARE you? Addams family was in it's prime when I was a
kid....and I'm 37.......wait....maybe it was in re-runs....50....that would
be 1953.....no, I'm right, you're wrong, you fucking moron. That's what you
get for insulting my age.

--

GoosePimp (StompS)
Portland, OR

"Donnie Barnes" <d...@homer.donniebarnes.com> wrote in message

Aeneas Verhe

Nov 20, 2002, 3:24:57 AM11/20/02
"Keith Stelter" <ste...@qtm.net> wrote in message news:<3ddafe62$1...@corp.newsgroups.com>...

> Oh Great!
> Addams Family Two.
> Start a new pinball company with a theme that's a decade old. Well, all
> they have to do is figure out how to survive after the first week since
> that's how long it will take for the 40 or so RGP TAF die hard fans to buy
> NIB games.
> After that it's "Are you SURE that these phones are working"?
> I'd love to see another pinball company out there. I just think that leading
> off with TAF 2 isn't a great business decision.
>
> Just my opinion.

Just your opinion..

However there are still enough operators around who still have a TAF
on location.. and are still not selling it unless it's for a lot..
so obviously their opinion is 'a good earning pin is a TAF'
and they all say 'williams stopped making pins, there are no new pins
available'
so maybe this will wake them up and they'll finally replace their
old worn pins with new ones..

ciao,

Aeneas.

Keith Stelter

Nov 20, 2002, 7:31:49 AM11/20/02
I was using the timeframe of the original Addams Family pin.
I understand that the Addams family was around on TV in the early 60's and
as a comic book before that.
Sorry for the confusion.
I was trying to make a Fireball to Fireball II (YECH) comparison!
Later,
Keith

Rondondo

Nov 20, 2002, 8:00:20 AM11/20/02
> made in the game. The great thing about more new machines in the
> pipeline means the prices of some of the older games will now go back
> to their pre-inflationary levels and we, as collectors, can afford to
> once again build up our collections without breaking the bank.

I don't know about returning to pre-inflationary levels. If the
machines are bad enough, the old stuff will be worth even more. I'd
take a mediocre EBD over a NIB Monopoly or RCT any day of the week.

Phil

Nov 20, 2002, 8:12:02 AM11/20/02
Although only 40, I remember that the Addams Family was originated by
Charles Addams(RIP) as a cartoon in the New Yorker probably about 50
years ago at this point
I think collections of the cartoons are still in print and like the
pinball machine hold up pretty well over time
Phil

> How fuckin' old ARE you? Addams family was in it's prime when I was a
> kid....and I'm 37.......wait....maybe it was in re-runs....50....that would
> be 1953.....no, I'm right, you're wrong, you fucking moron. That's what you
> get for insulting my age.
>

> > > Oh Great!

Wayne Whitney

Nov 20, 2002, 8:03:31 AM11/20/02

"Craig Tiano" <cr...@vandenplas.com> wrote in message

> Addams Family II will only invite comparison to the original, still
> the largest selling pinball machine of all time. If ICE's product
> isn't absolutely flawless in design and execution, RGP will be
> relentless in pointing out everything that is wrong with it. Aw, heck,
> even if it is perfect, someone on RGP will complain about something!
> But seriously, AF2 isn't a bad theme, and probably one which will sell
> a fair number to operators (recalling their profits on the original
> AF) and collectors (who need AF, AFG, and now AF2 to complete their
> collections).

Fortunately for the pinball companies (past, present and future) the
opinions, reactions and purchasing habits of RGP members have little or no
effect on the success or failure of a company.
It's the reaction of the consumer on the street, and the operator who puts
the game there, that matters.
First and foremost, a new business venture wants to minimize it's risk, and
maximize it's sales volume. Ops and consumers love the Addam's theme. Seems
like a low risk approach to entering the market. My guess is, if consumer
focus research was conducted, the results of the study would bear this out.
Best wishes to the new launch! We should all be rooting for their success
from our position in the cheap seats! ;-)

Wayne

Dr. Dave

Nov 20, 2002, 10:12:51 AM11/20/02
Same here.....

-DR

Kim Scheinberg

Nov 20, 2002, 10:39:09 AM11/20/02
"GoosePimp" <sto...@attbi.com> writes

>How fuckin' old ARE you? Addams family was in it's prime when I was a
>kid....and I'm 37.......wait....maybe it was in re-runs....50....that would
>be 1953.....no, I'm right, you're wrong, you fucking moron. That's what you
>get for insulting my age.

Charles Addams published his first cartoon in 1932

The TV show originally aired in 1964 starring John Astin
and ran for 64 episodes in three years

You weren't yet born when the series premiered so I'm
guessing you weren't their target audience

-k.

Ceegary

Nov 20, 2002, 10:40:42 AM11/20/02
Movie studios figured out a long time ago they can make good money
with sequels due to built-in recognition and how many have you seen
that were as good as the original? I can only think of one.(Guess
which it is). I think it's a smart move for a relatively unknown
company to piggy-back on THE most recognised pinnie of all time.
Whatever theme they were to use if the game is shit, the pig won't
fly. They may however be able to generate some interest and excitement
to have more tables out there but the bottom line will be getting the
younger crowd to put up their 50c. As far as dedicated pinheads go,
it's an even worse environment for retail locations because so many of
us have gone the ownership route so we're not likely to be regular
patrons, (and we're the ones who most recognise AF). Yeah we'll go
play to check it out, but won't be in there three times a week feeding
the beast. But this is America and competition can only be good for
business, don't know too many industries that survive with just one
manufacturer left. It'll also stop Stern from having to say "We're
not the last, we're the only!"
GRY

Kim Scheinberg

Nov 20, 2002, 10:45:17 AM11/20/02
cee...@cox.net (Ceegary) writes

>Movie studios figured out a long time ago they can make good money
>with sequels due to built-in recognition and how many have you seen
>that were as good as the original? I can only think of one.(Guess
>which it is). I think it's a smart move for a relatively unknown

Aliens
The Godfather II

Now those movies would make for some interesting pins...

-k.

Andrew Summerfield

Nov 20, 2002, 11:20:37 AM11/20/02
cee...@cox.net (Ceegary) wrote:

>Movie studios figured out a long time ago they can make good money
>with sequels due to built-in recognition and how many have you seen
>that were as good as the original? I can only think of one.(Guess

>which it is). ...snip

Terminator 2?

and...@hotHOTHOTmail.com
For those that want to e-mail,
Hotmail only has one hot in it!

Matt Hoffman

Nov 20, 2002, 3:58:52 PM11/20/02
37? In a row?!

Ceegary

Nov 20, 2002, 4:04:01 PM11/20/02
Right on! Godfather 2 was my choice and they would both make great
pinnies. How about a target with built-in SDTM for a jackpot mode
called "An offer you can't refuse"? The restaurant shot (pun
intended)? Toll-booth hazard? Alien could be hard-core graphics. A
mode to kill the creature that just won't die? Maybe we could apply to
become designers? Always thought that was the coolest job alongside
golf pro.
GRY

Larry

Nov 20, 2002, 4:13:31 PM11/20/02
> >with sequels due to built-in recognition and how many have you seen
> >that were as good as the original? I can only think of one.(Guess
> >which it is). I think it's a smart move for a relatively unknown
>
> Aliens
> The Godfather II

Aliens was a good movie, but Alien was a *great* movie... superior to
it's sequel IMHO. The suspense was amazing.. I saw Alien when I was a
little kid and it scared me shitless. Aliens is great for blast'em'up
action and is a fine flick, but it doesn't have the atmosphere of the
original.

Andrew Summerfield

Nov 20, 2002, 4:41:24 PM11/20/02
Ha ha! "I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

Good film.

"Matt Hoffman" <matt@*REMOVE*hoffman.org> wrote:

and...@hotHOTHOTmail.com

Jeremy Wilson

Nov 20, 2002, 4:46:00 PM11/20/02
In article <87a9f55f.02112...@posting.google.com>, cee...@cox.net
says...

>Right on! Godfather 2 was my choice and they would both make great
>pinnies.

Off-topic, but the term "pinnies" grates on me like fingernails on a
chalkboard. It sounds a bit, I dunno, silly.

How about "pins", "machines" or "pinball machines" instead?

--
Jeremy Wilson (xe...@inforamp.net) Classic Video / Pinball Collector
http://www.inforamp.net/~xeno/wallet | http://www.syslog.com/~jwilson

GoosePimp

Nov 20, 2002, 4:56:26 PM11/20/02
I agree. "Pinnies" sounds moronic.

--

"Jeremy Wilson" <xe...@inforamp.net> wrote in message

fweddybear

Nov 20, 2002, 5:33:48 PM11/20/02
> Off-topic, but the term "pinnies" grates on me like fingernails on a
> chalkboard. It sounds a bit, I dunno, silly.

I like pinBALLers myself...

Fwed

Lloyd Olson

Nov 20, 2002, 5:41:05 PM11/20/02
I guess I'm lucky. I get to call them one thing, "customers". LTG :)

fweddybear <fwedd...@cox.net> wrote in message

Grant Goodes

Nov 20, 2002, 6:05:55 PM11/20/02
xe...@inforamp.net (Jeremy Wilson) writes:
> Off-topic, but the term "pinnies" grates on me like fingernails on a
> chalkboard. It sounds a bit, I dunno, silly.

You obviously don't know many Australians. There, a can of beer
is a "tinnie", and the "-ey" type ending is conventionally applied
to almost anything, even by large-muscular-truck-driver types.

grant..

bobukcat

Nov 20, 2002, 6:20:41 PM11/20/02
On the surface I would agree with you but considering the AF slot machines
seem to do well we may be wrong. People (the ops.) are likely to be willing
to take a chance on the next iteration of something that did well for them -
profitable items are not soon forgotten!!

bobukcat
I'm suffering from collection envy so I'm not listing mine.

bobukcat

Nov 20, 2002, 6:29:34 PM11/20/02
I'd agree with you on that and go one step further to say that it was better
than the original IMO. I can think of a couple more that I liked as well as
the original but that's pretty much OT.

bobukcat

"Andrew Summerfield" <and...@hotHOTHOTmail.com> wrote in message

Joel Cohen

Nov 20, 2002, 7:25:00 PM11/20/02
Here's a cool fact for those who didn't hear Barry Oursler speak at Expo:

Bram Stoker's Dracula was originally going to be Alien 3, but the film company
had a tizzy about the artwork and B. Oursler and co went with BSD instead.
Imagine what could've been...

-Joel

>Aliens was a good movie, but Alien was a *great* movie... superior to
>it's sequel IMHO. The suspense was amazing.. I saw Alien when I was a
>little kid and it scared me shitless. Aliens is great for blast'em'up
>action and is a fine flick, but it doesn't have the atmosphere of the
>original

>>>) Fi-re-po-wer--Bla-ck-Kni-ght--F-14-Tom-cat (<<<
<---<---<---<---<-O->--->--->--->--->

David Gray

Nov 20, 2002, 9:01:19 PM11/20/02

> You obviously don't know many Australians. There, a can of beer
> is a "tinnie", and the "-ey" type ending is conventionally applied
> to almost anything, even by large-muscular-truck-driver types.

Anyone who can see fit to eat (or even relish) vegamite can call
pinball machines anything that they wish as far as I'm concerned.

Due to recent budget reductions the funding for smoke has been eliminated.

This operation will henceforth run entirely on mirrors.

David Gray

(Take the TRASH out to reply)

Tony Holdgate

Nov 20, 2002, 9:26:18 PM11/20/02
Oi! I'm australian matEY
What's wrong with vegIE?
All the chicKY babes love it
but they don't think much of pinnIES

Actually I hate the stuff
Tongue firmly in cheek

Tony
And you thought Canadians were weird with their EH,Eh?
"David Gray" <pinbal...@dwx.com> wrote in message

Ken Layton

Nov 21, 2002, 12:27:07 AM11/21/02
Oh great..... the same company that made that horrid PUTTING CHALLENGE
is going to make pinballs. No, no, no say it isn't so. :rolleyes:

Aeneas Verhe

Nov 21, 2002, 2:34:50 AM11/21/02
rond...@comcast.net (Rondondo) wrote in message news:<ebd2490c.02112...@posting.google.com>...

oh, want to trade your stern playboy for my bally playboy ?
I'll even throw a DE playboy 35th in..

ciao,

Aeneas.

Ceegary

Nov 21, 2002, 11:14:27 AM11/21/02
To me "pin" seems clinical, undistinguished and overused as in;
clothes pin, sewing pin, bowling pin, lynch pin, brooch pin, rolling
pin, golf pin, cotter pin, connector pin, pin wheel, pin hole, pin
money, pin-up, and used in terms such as; pin the crime on, pin the
issue down, pinned under a wreck, pin your faith on and the pin the
tail on the **&%$#@ donkey!

Growing up in South Africa &#8220;pinnies&#8221; was a term of
endearment unique to and referring only to PINBALL MACHINES, or the
playing thereof, however due to it being a US semantical chalk scrape
I&#8217;ll refrain from using it except with Brits, Colonials or
ex-pats that understand such terms of affection.
GRY

Cameron Silver

Nov 21, 2002, 11:56:15 AM11/21/02
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:46:00 -0000, xe...@inforamp.net (Jeremy Wilson)
wrote:

>In article <87a9f55f.02112...@posting.google.com>, cee...@cox.net
>says...
>>Right on! Godfather 2 was my choice and they would both make great
>>pinnies.
>
>Off-topic, but the term "pinnies" grates on me like fingernails on a
>chalkboard. It sounds a bit, I dunno, silly.

Well 'porn' grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard. You get rid
of all the porn, and I'll get rid of the word 'pinnies'. (Which is an
Australianism .. almost anyone in (or from) that country will use it.)

Cam.

Cameron Silver

Nov 21, 2002, 11:58:39 AM11/21/02
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:01:19 -0600, pinbal...@dwx.com (David Gray)
wrote:

>Anyone who can see fit to eat (or even relish) vegamite can call
>pinball machines anything that they wish as far as I'm concerned.

Hey man, it's veg-u-licious!

Cameron (who loves to eat the stuff directly from the jar) Silver.

Jeremy Wilson

Nov 21, 2002, 1:06:15 PM11/21/02
In article <3ddd0fe8....@news.cisco.com>, cam...@buzzneon.com says...

>Well 'porn' grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Which is worse sounding, 'porn' or 'pornie'?

Warren McCulloch

Nov 21, 2002, 2:08:53 PM11/21/02
"Jeremy Wilson" <xe...@inforamp.net> wrote in message news:utq84n9...@news.supernews.com...

> In article <3ddd0fe8....@news.cisco.com>, cam...@buzzneon.com says...
> >Well 'porn' grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.
>
> Which is worse sounding, 'porn' or 'pornie'?

I think the Aussies would probably get this one right and call it "porno" as in garbo (garbage
collector), derro (derelict person), servo (a service station) smoko (tea/coffee/smoke break)

Warren

Mrhide

Nov 21, 2002, 3:20:26 PM11/21/02
open the "jar" ... SMELL IT ...
now tell me you'll eat some more ?
yurk!

"Cameron Silver" <cam...@buzzneon.com> wrote in message

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice?

Nov 21, 2002, 6:15:40 PM11/21/02

"Warren McCulloch" <adar...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

That would be correct-o ;)

Rod.

> Warren

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice?

Nov 21, 2002, 6:20:04 PM11/21/02

"Mrhide" <Nphil...@SviPdeAotrMon.ca> wrote in message

> open the "jar" ... SMELL IT ...
> now tell me you'll eat some more ?
> yurk!

Gotta grow up on the stuff. YUM. Lots of vitamin B!

My mates wife who is an American actually became addicted to it. I kid you
not :)

Rod.

David Marston

Nov 21, 2002, 11:24:01 PM11/21/02
In article <qa1mtus7nq8u1qavo...@4ax.com>,
Craig Tiano <cr...@vandenplas.com> wrote:

>Addams Family II will only invite comparison to the original, still
>the largest selling pinball machine of all time.

Make that "the largest selling pinball since they became electrified."
(Still a big accomplishment.)
--
................David Marston at MV

Oldsowner

Nov 21, 2002, 11:35:16 PM11/21/02
Ice has made some quality games over the years. Chexx is a quality game that
won't go away. They made a Flintstones pin in 1994 how was that? I never played
it. I welcome new pin makers. After if you don't like it you don't have to buy
it or even play it.

Jim

Cameron Silver

Nov 22, 2002, 11:29:29 AM11/22/02
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:06:15 -0000, xe...@inforamp.net (Jeremy Wilson)
wrote:

>In article <3ddd0fe8....@news.cisco.com>, cam...@buzzneon.com says...

>>Well 'porn' grates on me like fingernails on a chalkboard.
>
>Which is worse sounding, 'porn' or 'pornie'?

Well porn is far worse to listen to than *any* pin(nie) ;-)

Cam.

Cameron Silver

Nov 22, 2002, 11:32:49 AM11/22/02
On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 15:20:26 -0500, "Mrhide"
<Nphil...@SviPdeAotrMon.ca> wrote:

>open the "jar" ... SMELL IT ...
>now tell me you'll eat some more ?
>yurk!

SMELL it? Well there's your problem right there! ;-)

I guess this means that if I ever get back into pinball, I should not
follow-up on my idea to implement a Vegamite dispenser!

YOU WIN A
MAGIC SPOON FULL

Cam.

GoosePimp

Nov 22, 2002, 11:42:29 AM11/22/02
You guys haven't got the true picture yet....you have to COMBINE pron &
pinball for the full effect.
--

"Cameron Silver" <cam...@buzzneon.com> wrote in message

Jeremy Wilson

Nov 22, 2002, 12:37:11 PM11/22/02
In article <3dde5b4a....@news.cisco.com>, cam...@buzzneon.com says...

>Well porn is far worse to listen to than *any* pin(nie) ;-)

Worse than System 80 speech?!

Orin Day

Nov 22, 2002, 10:33:06 PM11/22/02
In article <3dde5b4a....@news.cisco.com>,

"Everybody under <???> now!!!"

OD
--
Orin Day "This too shall pass"
lob...@lobsterdevil.com - Mike Ditka

Orin Day

Nov 22, 2002, 10:37:49 PM11/22/02
In article <20021120192500...@mb-fy.aol.com>,
Joel Cohen <joelo...@aol.com> wrote:

>Bram Stoker's Dracula was originally going to be Alien 3, but the film company
>had a tizzy about the artwork and B. Oursler and co went with BSD instead.
>Imagine what could've been...

"Newt at 4" or just "<blaargh!>"(*)

OD

(*) Translates to "I am the last of my kind"