Cmon - seriously? TZ mods getting out of hand now

AFM_TZ

Oct 21, 2011, 7:03:45 PM10/21/11

Your Mods R Ugly

Oct 21, 2011, 7:38:58 PM10/21/11
Sweet mod. ;)

THE COUNT

Oct 21, 2011, 8:35:01 PM10/21/11
On Oct 21, 6:03 pm, AFM_TZ <jduri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Twilight-Zone-Pinball-Spiral-Diverter-Mod-NEW...
>
> I thought i saw everything. I cant believe anyone would want that on
> their machine.

That is pretty bad. Recently I saw a huge pyramid that covered the
mini PF diverter assembly. I thought that was bad, but dayum! I
also noticed some really high priced TZ mods on ebay this past week,
that actually had bids on them. They are goon now and I don't
remember specifically what they were, but there were several from the
same seller.... all going for for good $$$. Just not my thing, but
everyone's got their own opinion.

seymour.shabow

Oct 21, 2011, 9:08:27 PM10/21/11
Boy that looks really stupid. Only dipshits would put that monstrosity
on their machine.

AFM_TZ

Oct 21, 2011, 8:43:56 PM10/21/11
Most of the recent ones have been awful... seems they are out of ideas
of what to throw in next.

Years ago, the mods were somewhat tasteful.

erickit

Oct 21, 2011, 9:34:41 PM10/21/11
> I thought i saw everything. I cant believe anyone would want that on
> their machine.

Isn't that where the Agnes Moorhead action figure doll goes?

Eric

Joe Jet

Oct 21, 2011, 10:54:55 PM10/21/11
> I thought i saw everything. I cant believe anyone would want that on
> their machine.

What is that hideous yellow plastic square over the metal ramp to the
power?? vomit.

frenchy

Oct 22, 2011, 12:27:34 AM10/22/11
It just disappeared, hell I just looked at the auction 4 minutes ago.

frenchy

Oct 22, 2011, 12:23:12 AM10/22/11
> I thought i saw everything. I cant believe anyone would want that on
> their machine.

Far from the stupidest one I've seen but still, oh well. I don't care
what people want to put on their TZs or any other game anymore...
toilet seats, rubber chickens, lit sparklers, it's their game so let
'em do what they want. Hell folks have destroyed dozens of pinballs
just making a movie so why should I gripe about goofy mods? If they
think they are da bomb, that's ok too.

glen

Oct 22, 2011, 2:20:26 AM10/22/11

I personally like mods in general if they look cool, as I have 2k worth
of mods on my TZ. However I did not like the spiral mod this thread was
about, because it would mess with your ability to see the ball coming
around the spiral.

--
glen
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Message has been deleted

andyd...@yahoo.com

Oct 22, 2011, 4:33:18 AM10/22/11
> I thought i saw everything. I cant believe anyone would want that on
> their machine.

People obviously do, you have not seen everything trust me on that, I
appreciate that mods are a personal thing and not to everyone’s taste
but let me make a few points here, this has a similar footprint as
the
assembly so does not interfere with visibility and highlights the
spiral path, (duplicates what's on the playfield underneath), there
are a lot of people modding out there and contributing to this hobby,
why don't you supply something better if you are not happy with
what's
out there instead of throwing stones at people who are passionate
about
it.

Peace and love : - )

wbradley

Oct 22, 2011, 7:51:47 AM10/22/11
On that note, can anyone direct me to a William Shatner action
figurine ? LOL
Might have to just paint over a Star Trek one! Weird, or what?

AFM_TZ

Oct 22, 2011, 9:08:50 AM10/22/11
You dont want me contributing TZ mods - if i did, the pin would
automatically lose 2k of its value. Just not my thing....

The aim of this post is to note the poor creativity of some of these
mod makers - maybe something to give them a little fire to think
through these mods before inducing gag reflex.

Here is another "mod" i saw recently that entertains even more
(completely unrelated by the way). YES i am mocking this. What are
people thinking?

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/vgm/2660604811.html

Dan Q very much

Oct 22, 2011, 11:43:16 AM10/22/11
On Oct 22, 3:33 am, andydre...@yahoo.com wrote:
This. What's the big deal? I think the $150 mods are crazier than this
little under $13 delivered job. Looks pretty cool to me, if I had a TZ
I'd try it.

Never noticed though, that "spiral" is not a spiral at all! Just a
bunch of concentric irregular circles! :)

Also, to the guy who thought the auction disappeared, you obviously
clicked a quoted, truncated link.

Wish people would just use the short eBay link version:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280759243102

That could get quoted 15 times and not truncate!

THE COUNT

Oct 22, 2011, 11:49:03 AM10/22/11

I agree. Alot of these mods are just out there to make somebody money.
Which is fine if the stuff looks nice or is functional in some way.
Clear ramp, gumball, gumball light kit, reinforced slot.... those all
seem o.k. IMO. But a printed spiral glued to the diverter, no thanks.

--
THE COUNT

seymour.shabow

Oct 22, 2011, 12:06:58 PM10/22/11
There is already something better.

The original diverter with nothing on top of it.

I didn't even realize where it was mounted when I first responded, it's
even stupider now that I know it's on something that needs to move.

Yes, it's peoples right/passion to put shit on a playfield, and it's my
right to make fun of it. You playing pinball, or are you making a
junkpile to look at?

Paul in Gilroy

Oct 22, 2011, 12:05:35 PM10/22/11
> I thought i saw everything. I cant believe anyone would want that on
> their machine.

I don't think I would want that thing. Interferes with visibility.
Makes it a bit tougher to see how fast the ball is coming out of the
loop (or released from the magnet).

Robinva

Oct 22, 2011, 12:56:16 PM10/22/11
On Oct 22, 12:06 pm, "seymour.shabow" <seymour.sha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> junkpile to look at?- Hide quoted text -

Hey pal..lick my left nut...MODS are the future of pinball.

Steve Charland

Oct 22, 2011, 1:27:14 PM10/22/11
I still call a lot of them MJ mods, IMO, they do nothing for game
play and make TZ look silly.
-S (CARGPB1 posting from an old account)

Your Mods R Ugly

Oct 22, 2011, 3:52:30 PM10/22/11
"mods are the future of pinball"

You must be kidding. The future of pin is putting additional toys on an 18 year old machine?
Wait, it must have been a joke.

John I

Oct 22, 2011, 4:55:41 PM10/22/11

Yes, it looks terrible and it will most definitely obstruct the view of
the ball as it approaches the upper flipper.

But hey, anything is better than a full LED conversion.

John

--
John I

http://www.southernpinballfestival.com/

hugh

Oct 22, 2011, 5:12:11 PM10/22/11
Rob makes mods... go figure :)

Sorry Rob, I have to disagree, I think some (i.e. very few) mods are
cool but the majority of the crap that people throw on TZ looks
horrible. That spiral that goes on the diverter has got to be a joke.

Hugh

--
hugh

Tracelifter

Oct 22, 2011, 5:15:05 PM10/22/11

glen;1806044 Wrote:
> I personally like mods in general if they look cool, as I have 2k worth
> of mods on my TZ. However I did not like the spiral mod this thread was
> about, because it would mess with your ability to see the ball coming
> around the spiral.

Look again, it is not a spiral, just a bunch of off center concentric
rings.
There are some real cool mods for TZ but this ashtray isn't one of
them.

Eric

--
Tracelifter