Genesis Ramps Done! (Pictures)

webfart

Feb 8, 2011, 8:52:40 AM2/8/11

A very exciting update. The ramps are done! We were going to go with
clear prototypes, but decided that why not just try to get the color
right to start with. I realize the color isn't perfect, but I am waiting
to judge it until I get these in my hands. The artist/plastic guy who
did these is going to ship me the set in the pictures so I can get them
tested in my game. I will take pictures of them installed at that time,
and we can go from there. If the color needs a bit more tweaking, then
so be it. From the pictures though, I think they look great.

Not long now! As always, I will remind you that I will start taking
orders once I get these installed, and tested (read: beat on). If they
hold up,. I will start taking orders....They should hold up however, as
they are made from stronger material then the originals. :-)

If you are interested, and have not contacted me yet, shoot me an
email: lapean111 at gmail.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84692739@N00/sets/72157625878496715/

--
webfart
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Schus

Feb 8, 2011, 9:23:50 AM2/8/11

Thanks for the updates!!! Really can't wait! :)

mdolshan

Feb 8, 2011, 9:42:02 AM2/8/11

Those look great! Looking forward to hearing more.

Best,

Matthew

David Gersic

Feb 8, 2011, 1:22:53 PM2/8/11
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 08:52:40 -0500, webfart <lape...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A very exciting update. The ramps are done! We were going to go with
> clear prototypes, but decided that why not just try to get the color
> right to start with. I realize the color isn't perfect, but I am waiting
> to judge it until I get these in my hands.

Pics look good, but the colour looks way off to me. The originals, from
what I recall, are pink. The pictures look purple.

--
| David Gersic http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com |
| "rm -fr *" means never getting to say you're sorry. |

webfart

Feb 8, 2011, 1:31:37 PM2/8/11

The original color is a pinkish purple. Unfortunatly, it is almost
impossible to find an exact match. We are hoping that these will look
good. I for one would prefer to have intact ramps that are slightly off
color, than beat to crap ramps that are impossible to make since the
entrances are repaired. I will post pictures once I get them installed.

David Gersic

Feb 8, 2011, 1:36:26 PM2/8/11
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:31:37 -0500, webfart <lape...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The original color is a pinkish purple. Unfortunatly, it is almost
> impossible to find an exact match. We are hoping that these will look
> good. I for one would prefer to have intact ramps that are slightly off
> color, than beat to crap ramps that are impossible to make since the
> entrances are repaired.

Agreed. No complaint intended here, just a note to keep trying on the
colour match. If you're going through all the effort of making them,
it makes sense to make them as close to perfect reproductions as you
can.

| A whine is a terrible thing to face. |

webfart

Feb 8, 2011, 1:47:53 PM2/8/11

We will definatly keep working on it. I am kind of excited to see how
this newer paint, etc is going to look compared to the duller, older
technology paint that was used in the '80s.

seymour.shabow

Feb 8, 2011, 2:01:25 PM2/8/11
webfart wrote:
> We will definatly keep working on it. I am kind of excited to see how
> this newer paint, etc is going to look compared to the duller, older
> technology paint that was used in the '80s.

The older stuff was paint and not some kind of dye they melted in with
the plastic?

webfart

Feb 8, 2011, 1:58:54 PM2/8/11

Yep, they were painted. I had a hard time believing it too, but the
plastic guy that I am working with has years of experience, and knows
how to tell these things.

Chris Hibler

Feb 8, 2011, 2:22:00 PM2/8/11

Your proto units look great and you are to be congratulated on your
success thus far.

I would urge you to work on the color more. There has to be a "mix"
that will closely match original. Pinball folks are pretty particular
about their parts... :-)
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com

webfart

Feb 8, 2011, 2:25:37 PM2/8/11

The color is definatly a work in progress. Just wanted to post an
update, and let people know we are close. The ones in the pictures are
being shipped to me as we speak.

Gott Lieb?

Feb 8, 2011, 4:46:24 PM2/8/11
Yes, they were originally painted. I have a couple of jacked up ramps
which are clear in certain areas.

Jim

Ataritoday

Feb 8, 2011, 6:45:48 PM2/8/11
Really nice work. I dont own a genesis but it has always been on my
potential list...

David Gersic

Feb 9, 2011, 1:36:07 PM2/9/11
On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:58:54 -0500, webfart <lape...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yep, they were painted. I had a hard time believing it too, but the
> plastic guy that I am working with has years of experience, and knows
> how to tell these things.

That's an interesting tidbit of information, thanks.

| Real Newspaper Headline: New Vaccine may Contain Rabies |

mnpinball

Feb 9, 2011, 1:53:15 PM2/9/11

You should be able to use a pantone chart or computer assisted color
scan in Lowes or Home Depot of a plastic sample.