NIB - MM, NGG,CC,CV and more on ebay - WTF

evolve-studios (Ken)

Dec 12, 2010, 12:30:07 AM12/12/10
Some on posted this on another board -
Where the heck do these things come from and so many - not sure if its
legit but here it is

http://shop.ebay.com/tsoumhs/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

Joe Blo

Dec 12, 2010, 12:43:49 AM12/12/10
On Dec 11, 9:30 pm, "evolve-studios (Ken)" <k...@evolve-studios.net>
wrote:

Any only 20k each. I pick up a couple at that low price.

turbo20lbs

Dec 12, 2010, 1:41:19 AM12/12/10

Looks like same guy that has sold NIBs in the past, I'd say it's legit.

turbo

Dec 12, 2010, 7:13:48 AM12/12/10

It is legit. From what I was told the guy has every single Bally/
Williams game from 1990 on new in box. And he has more than one of
many titles. If the game was put on closeout by B/W then he would buy
multiple units. The games he is selling are the extras. When he sold
the new in box Safecracker he had 3 of them. I believe he had like 5
of the NGG and CV's. He is an honest guy and a stand up guy. He knows
what they are worth and the games are as advertised. Mike.

Taylor-VA

Dec 12, 2010, 8:41:50 AM12/12/10
Drool.

teekee

Dec 12, 2010, 9:00:42 AM12/12/10

the MM and CC are priced about right IMO. He's also allowing best
offers. I imagine they will be on a boat to Europe or Australia fairly
soon...

Taylor-VA

Dec 12, 2010, 11:34:35 AM12/12/10
I think the pricing is obviously to start a dialogue. I wouldn't pay
more than a HEP restore would cost for any title unless the sole
purpose was to keep it NIB. i

otis

Dec 12, 2010, 12:19:00 PM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 12:30 am, "evolve-studios (Ken)" <k...@evolve-studios.net>
wrote:

Think of how many people scanning eBay listings would miss the post
for "Madness" pin because the moron doesn't know how to spell
"Medieval"...not that it would matter.

Steve Charland

Dec 12, 2010, 12:29:26 PM12/12/10
I wouldn't call him a moron Otis, where else can you 5X your $ in
todays economy? Eventually, he'll sell them all at the price he wants.
-S (CARGPB1 still posting from a dead account)

teekee

Dec 12, 2010, 12:46:43 PM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 12:29 pm, Steve Charland <ccharl...@comcast.net> wrote:
>    I wouldn't call him a moron Otis, where else can you 5X your $ in
> todays economy? Eventually, he'll sell them all at the price he wants.

I was thinking the same thing. He might not be able to spell perfectly
but having the foresight to buy and keep NIB pins some of which he got
for closeout prices... seems like a genius to me or at least lucky!

NM

Dec 12, 2010, 2:18:38 PM12/12/10
What are the most recent comps on CQ HUO MMs?

Point I'm getting at is IIRC, the last NIB on Ebay was bid up to
$15,500 by 31 bidders and didn't meet the reserve in June...so if this
seller accepted say $18,000 for his NIB MM, trying to estimate how
much the NIB experience would cost the buyer by opening the box and
playing the game!

Neil

Steve Charland

Dec 12, 2010, 3:27:47 PM12/12/10
My guess would be "about the same as driving a new car off the
lot". If you can afford it, it's the last thing you think of. ;)

-S (CARGPB1 still posting from a dead account)

CEllison

Dec 12, 2010, 3:34:21 PM12/12/10
If I only I had the foresight to buy pins when they were cheap NIB
*sigh*. What's the chances of buying ANY Stern title NIB made with in
the last 3 years and actually have it be worth anything in 10-15
years? I honestly and truly believe no chance unless Stern closed up
shop. That would create quite the demand. But of course a crappy game
will always be a crappy game no matter how much time passes ;)

NM

Dec 12, 2010, 4:45:05 PM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 2:27 pm, Steve Charland <ccharl...@comcast.net> wrote:

>    My guess would be "about the same as driving a new car off the
> lot". If you can afford it, it's the last thing you think of.

Not necessarily.

Remember, Warren Buffett is the 3rd richest man in the world and still
lives in the same house he bought in 1958 for $31,500!

So with a nice MM running at about $9,000, I'm guessing that would
puts a CQ HUO in the $12,000 - $13,000 range? If so, I'm surmising it
would probably cost the buyer about $4,000 - $6,000 for the experience
of unwrapping it--and degrading its condition from NIB to CQ HUO.

Something tells me if WB was into pinball, he'd do the "prudent thing"
and buy the ex-router! Heck, judging buy his home, he'd probably only
buy B titles!

Regards, Neil

teekee

Dec 12, 2010, 5:43:47 PM12/12/10

you guys have fun trying to figure out how much value will be lost by
opening these but I'm willing to bet the big spenders that buy this
type of stuff could care less...

NM

Dec 12, 2010, 5:51:39 PM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 4:43 pm, teekee <to...@sssnet.com> wrote:

> you guys have fun trying to figure out how much value will be lost by
> opening these but I'm willing to bet the big spenders  that buy this

> type of stuff could care less...- Hide quoted text -

No doubt.

Fun to see how much of a premium some will pay for that experience.

I got to live it vicariously...cause I'll never see it firsthand!

Regards, Neil

Ron - NYP

Dec 12, 2010, 5:54:52 PM12/12/10

"teekee" <to...@sssnet.com> wrote in message

exactly

EZ E

Dec 12, 2010, 8:29:24 PM12/12/10
First he's here on the group and never posts. He and his brother
purchased a vendors company years ago. He has somewhere around 3 each
NIB of the top williams titles. I tried to work a deal on a few the
games and ran into one problem. The guys down under are offering
$20,000+. I posted this last Aug when he was selling a MM NIB. I
offered $15,000 and I would pick the game up. No deal. He and his
brother are going to sit till they get $20,000 each. He might just get
it, E

Eric Johansen

Dec 13, 2010, 12:24:53 AM12/13/10
what is the situation on the batteries, I'm assuming that they left
the factory without batteries installed.
did they have a wrapped package of batteries that came with the
machines, or was it supply your own?

GRR

Dec 13, 2010, 12:43:29 AM12/13/10

That's what I wanna know, if they shipped these with batteries, I'd be
damn scared to open a say 14 year old MM NIB

BoJo

Dec 13, 2010, 12:49:03 AM12/13/10

The games probably left the factory with batteries installed. They
were meant to go on location, not sit in boxes for long periods of
time. But what is the worst that could happen with a 15 year old MM?
It leaked and the CPU board needs fixed? Plus there are replacements
available and NOS ones for sale from time to time. Do you really
think the person who is dropping this amount of money is worried about
dropping a few hundred dollars on a CPU board?

Lloyd Olson

Dec 13, 2010, 1:28:44 PM12/13/10
You assumed wrong. They left the factory with batteries installed. LTG :)

"Eric Johansen" <pins4...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Jazman

Dec 13, 2010, 1:32:34 PM12/13/10
On Dec 11, 11:30 pm, "evolve-studios (Ken)" <k...@evolve-studios.net>
wrote:

He's legit. I've seen them in person. I do think he's just using
ebay as a marketing platform to start dialogs. Let's face it, besides
pretty high fees, Ebay and Paypal are FAR FROM being friendly, or even
remotely protective of good sellers.

Jaz