NEW MOD: Data East STAR WARS pinball with added Timed Ball Save feature

Chad H

May 5, 2012, 2:22:05 PM5/5/12

One thing sorely missing from DE STAR WARS is a Ball Save feature.

Believe it or not, there is one actually programmed into the game...
but... it is turned off when the ball hits ANY switch. Therefore, Ball
Save is immediately turned off every time. There is even an animation
shown of Han Solo frozen in carbonite and Darth Vader says "Freeze!"
then the ball is auto-launched back into play. But again, no one ever
sees this because it is immediately turned off when the ball is
launched.

I have disassembled the code and reverse-engineered how it works. I
could have easily made it so instead of one switch hit turning off Ball
Save, it could be something like 10 switch hits... but that would be no
fun and not practical. Instead, I have edited it so now there is a ten
second timer during which Timed Ball Save is active.

You'll also see that the insert in the middle of the playfield were Luke
and Vader's light sabers are crossed will flash while Timed Ball Save is
active.

Now that I have finished this first challenge... I am looking for
suggestions on some rule tweaks. As is often stated, the ramp shot is
way overpowered. I am considering making it so the ramp shot will not
ever randomly give Force Awards and maybe will not spot the letters in
STAR WARS. I am wide open to any rule balancing and score tweaking
ideas you might have. Please reply with any suggestions. Let's take
this already fun pinball machine to the next level! Once I feel it is
complete, I will share the ROM file for all to enjoy.

Here is a link to a video of Timed Ball Save being demonstrated:

http://www.dkpinball.com/DKWP/?page_id=230

Thanks,
Chad

--
Chad H
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

DugFreez

May 5, 2012, 3:44:20 PM5/5/12

Cool project. The ball save find is nice. I bet there are folks that
have had that game for years and never seen the "Han Solo FREEZ!"
animation.

Good luck with the rules. I have heard many times that the ramp shot
on this game is a near game breaking flaw.

--
DugFreez

Eric S

May 5, 2012, 3:52:42 PM5/5/12
Can you do something for the racer mode? I think this was originally
supposed to be a video mode, rather than the animation sequence it is now.

Eric

PinMatt

May 5, 2012, 6:57:44 PM5/5/12
On May 5, 12:52 pm, "Eric S" <estrange...@charter.net> wrote:
> Can you do something for the racer mode?  I think this was originally
> supposed to be a video mode, rather than the animation sequence it is now.
>
> Eric
>
> "Chad H"  wrote in messagenews:Chad.H...@rrgparchive.com...
Awesome work! I always felt what this game really needs is more movie
sound bites and soundtrack music. I know there are some legal
issues...

Chad H

May 6, 2012, 7:17:00 PM5/6/12

I'm excited to announce that I just figured out the code where the ramp
shot will Light Force Award and also Collect Force Award. At the very
least, I will be disabling the ramp from Collecting Force Awards... that
is the job of the Force Scoop! Why have the ramp also collect them?

I also figured out how the ramp is Lighting Extra Ball. It does it
after only five ramp shots! This, again, seems really low which makes
it overpowered... I am thinking something like 10 shots seems better and
more balanced.

It is amazing how overpowered this ramp shot is!

As far as the climbing ramp million-point jackpots at the 3, 7, 14, 21,
31, 43, 57, 73, and 99th ramp shot... should this be capped? Or maybe
not allow the ramp shot to climb if Force Award is lit? Thus forcing
the player to make the left Force Scoop shot?

Keep the suggestions coming guys. I have been noting them down. I am
open to anything!

Todd Scott

May 6, 2012, 7:51:39 PM5/6/12
Chad, I think what your doing is awesome. Some very talented people
out there. I like your idea of 10 ramp shots for extra ball. I like
the ramp shots Where they are as far as building up and up in value. A
big thing that people complain about is the unfinished video mode. It
would be great if you could do something with that. Some of the
lopsided rules hold this game down, but the theme lifts it up. If you
could fix the rules it would be best of both worlds. Keep up the good
work Todd

nwojedi

May 6, 2012, 10:39:38 PM5/6/12

This game needs a rom overhaul badly. Right now it's a one shot game.
Very unbalanced and not very fun. And it's the best of the star wars
pins.

While your in there, fix the speeder bike mode, to actually do something
constructive if you can. Changing the ramp, not to be able to pile up
all those modes, EB's and everything else, will help the balance a ton.

--
nwojedi

* C a p t a i n N e o *
Pinball Playfield restoration service at:
_www.Captainneo.com (\"http://www.captainneo.com\")__:D

monsterbaldy

May 6, 2012, 11:18:49 PM5/6/12
YOU ARE MY GODDAMNED FUCKING HERO. I have always said I love
everything about this pin except the broken ass rule-set, where the
ramp shot is just completely overpowered. I have even tried some hex-
editing but never made anything spectacular happen. I listed this pin
for sale last week and thank god I did not sell it, I would be killing
myself now.

I think you have already recognized the most important change needed,
the ramp is way OP. Needs to be nerfed to make some of the other shots
worth making. Here is a long-winded opinion that you are free to
ignore any part of, and if I can help in any way let me know.

The ramp currently awards Force awards, spells Star Wars on the
return, and gives you prime numberish super rewards. Here is my take:
* The ramp should LIGHT force awards but not award them.
* The ramp spelling STAR WARS is ok I guess, it will make the inserts
a lie if you change this so for now I'd leave it alone.
* The ramp score awards that exist are good, they are just way too
many points. I'd make it more like other pins where it just caps after
a while. I mean, just the fact that it will be lighting force powers
and spelling star wars you could make an argument that the ramp score
awards aren't needed.
* Extra ball lit after something like 10 fixed ramps (on a single
ball) that it only awards once would be way better than the percentage
based trash it does currently.

The other scoring in the game is as follows:
Jackpot = 11 million usually
Super Jackpot = 22 million I think usually (depends on death star hits
again)
Death Star Hurry Up = 50 million

My personal opinion, all of the awards for the BIG force awards (death
star hurry up, emporer ligthning ramp thing, jedi returns, and empire
pop bumpers) should have roughly the same award value, after factoring
in the way they are normally awarded. Additionally, these award values
should be roughly equivalent to the super jackpot, not twice as much
as a super jackpot. So I'll boil this down to, leave those things
alone and double the jackpot and super jackpot values to make triball
more appealing. This will also balance the normal ramp gameplay out
some as well.

So to summarize my opinion, this game would be twice as good if:

1) Remove the ramp awarding force awards, but still use the ramp to
light force awards (ie don't take that part out).
2) Double the jackpot and super jackpot initial values.
3) Nerf the hell out of or completely remove the ramp score awards
(after all it will still be scoring STAR WARS 10 million
periodically).

With just these changes I think this game gets twice as good, and
people will actually TRY for multiball as well as start caring about
the force awards.

-ben

-ben

On May 6, 7:39 pm, nwojedi <nwoj...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> This game needs a rom overhaul badly.  Right now it's a one shot game.
> Very unbalanced and not very fun.  And it's the best of the star wars
> pins.
>
> While your in there, fix the speeder bike mode, to actually do something
> constructive if you can.  Changing the ramp, not to be able to pile up
> all those modes, EB's and everything else, will help the balance a ton.
>
> --
> nwojedi
>
> * C a p t a i n   N e o *
> Pinball Playfield restoration service at:
> _www.Captainneo.com(\"http://www.captainneo.com\")__:D

Chad H

May 7, 2012, 12:03:43 AM5/7/12

monsterbaldy;1936520 Wrote:
> So to summarize my opinion, this game would be twice as good if:
>
> 1) Remove the ramp awarding force awards, but still use the ramp to
> light force awards (ie don't take that part out).
> 2) Double the jackpot and super jackpot initial values.
> 3) Nerf the hell out of or completely remove the ramp score awards
> (after all it will still be scoring STAR WARS 10 million
> periodically).
>
> With just these changes I think this game gets twice as good, and
> people will actually TRY for multiball as well as start caring about
> the force awards.
>
> -ben

Ben, your detailed suggestions are GREAT. This is exactly the kind of
feedback I need! You have obviously spent a lot of time with the game
and you have some great suggestions.

You'll be happy to know that your #1 suggestion is already DONE!

Also, I am going to continue to allow the ramp to LIGHT Force Awards.
Right now, the game normally lights them on the 4th, 8th, 10th, 14th,
18th, 20th, 24th, 28th, 30th, etc ramp shots. That seems a bit too
often for me. What do you think about having it Light Force Award every
5th or 10th shot instead? You can also Light Force Award by shooting
the inner right orbit (shot to the immediate right of the Death Star)
anyways.

And by all means, HOLD ON TO THAT STAR WARS! You're going to want to
play this new version. :)

--
Chad H

monsterbaldy

May 7, 2012, 12:59:09 AM5/7/12
That is 100% awesome.

For now I would stay minimalistic so that we don't get too excited and
overly nerf/power up the elements. I think regardless it needs to be
this kind of decision in the players head:

"I want to light the force, do I want to hit the ramp x times and get
the added benefits that come with that or just hit the yoda shot." The
decision there needs to be something that can be argued either way, so
that depends on the x times and the added benefits. For now I would
leave x=4 alone and just reduce the added benefits, by doing something
like removing the 700 ramps for 700 million awards, and just letting
it spell star wars for the player which is already 10 million per 8
shots. I thought about stuff some more, here are requirements revision
2 (again, happy anything is being done, don't feel obligated to go
with my opinion on any of this)

1) Remove the ramp awarding force awards, but still use the ramp to
light force awards (ie don't take that part out and I would leave it
at 4 ramps to light the force).
2) Double the jackpot and super jackpot initial values.
3) Remove the ramp awarding any points for x # of ramps, after all it
will still be scoring STAR WARS 10 million periodically and you don't
want the player to just be cycling ramps during every mode anyways.
4) Improve the awards for Sarlacc pitt when Jabba is lit. This could
actually be done by just making one of the random awards pretty good.
This line item though is purely a nice to have... very low priority
compared to the first 3.

Here was my scratchpad that got me to rev 2 of those requirements:
Listing each shot and what it does mostly... not going to bother with
the "mode" dependent stuff like Victory lap... mostly it's not that
stuff breaking this game. Off the top of my head so might be some
mistakes.

NORMAL GAMEPLAY

Force Scoop
- While lit - Awards force
- When not lit - Earns 1 towards Darkside. 3 darksides = 25 million.
Opinion - no changes needed here

Left Orbit
- Spells Star Wars
- CAN relite kick back, not sure on logic it uses for this.
Opinion - no changes needed here, but would love to understand
kickback logic.

Ramp of doom
- Lights force every 4 ramps ( I actually think this is ok, but
depends on what other ramp functionality that gets left in, like crazy
scoring)
- Awards force (to be removed)
- Crazy scoring for multiple ramps (to be nerfed or removed)
- Does it light Yoda? It might. This is ok if so.
- Awards extra balls (to be made much harder)

Death star yellow door
- This is fine, only way to march towards multi-ball that is within
player control. In the absence of a ball lock this does fine.

Yoda shot
- Award Yoda
- Joke of a video mode
- C3PO eye for R2D2 Runaway mode.
- Light force award
Opinion - This shot is fine, just with Yoda and light force it has
plenty going for it already.

Right orbit
- Spells STAR WARS
OPinion, this is a mode dependent shot mostly, I think it's fine.

Sarlacc Pitt
- Some measly amount of points.
- when shot out of left inlane, Jabba is lit and it awards a joke of
an award.
Opinion - Jabba awards suck, need to be made better. This is not
urgent though as it isn't so game breaking.

nwojedi

May 7, 2012, 10:40:54 AM5/7/12

This is going to be awesome for SW owners. You able to customize any DE
roms?

--
nwojedi

* C a p t a i n N e o *
Pinball Playfield restoration service at:

TrashMeister

May 7, 2012, 1:06:58 PM5/7/12
Wow! It would be so awesome if you could do this! :-D
My suggestions:
-Death Star/moon inserts
1. The moon inserts, when it reaches the 3rd yellow insert it allows
for the Death Star to be opened. It has always seemed odd to me that
it should be on the NEXT or orange insert it should do that. (when I
put leds in my game I put two of each color, instead of three yellow &
one orange-just so it'd make more sence~to me!)
2. Also on my game I have it set hardest so the mulitball isn't always
a gimmie-that said you have to hit the death star target to open the
death star with now moons spotted. the glitch here comes in as when
you've opened the death star (all moon are lit) and drain, on your
next ball the death star will open, but NOT be ready for
mulitball. :-/ To get multiball you have to 'shift lever' and press
button and it will now time out. I would hope this could be corrected,
as once the death star is opened-it should always play the 'multi
ready' music and start multiball.
- C3PO eyes/R2D2
1. Any way you could set that so it will lit Both eyes, and Then on
next shot lit R2D2? thus making it a 3shots to get to R2D2. Also maybe
resetting the eyes each ball (at least on hard setting)
2. Also it would be nice if each time R2D2 was collected it would add
5Million to the count down, Making it more worthy to collect each
time, say start at 5 or 10 mill and cap at 25mil? (for reference this
would be ~kinda~ like the monster fish HU on Fish Tales...)
- Force Modes
1. I would like the Force modes to follow the movies, as in the first
set of four uncovers (and could be related to) the deathStar/
episode4, then the next uncovers the Empire, then the next uncovers
the return of the jedi. I think this would be better than the current
any thing comes up with any thing covering it...
2. Also since there are 4 pop bumpers and 4 modes/items covering the
force, I would like to suggest that each one relates to a pop bumper,
as in last bumper hit will start it's mode when shot into the force
scoop, and any completed modes lites the pop bumper. So at beginning
all bumpers are unlit and one flashes. leach hit lites a different
bumper, and last on hit/flashing will start it's quadrant of the mode
covering in the force scoop. When started that bumper stays lit, and
only unlit bumpers will flash, can be flashed till all force mode are
uncovers. This is when all pop bumpers would flash. Scoring wise, this
would be simular to pops at max, and conversely, awarding 'pops at
max' would uncover all for quick completion of the next force reward.
Doing something more about scoring when bumpers anre each lit/unlit/
flashing would be cool-but I think i've already provided enough of a
programing nightmare! ;-)
3. This would lead to a final mode for completeing all of the movie
rewards...but I haven't though that far ahead. Maybe put all the
highest scoring stuff covering up whatever was left?
-Spell STARWARS
1. Would like the game not to spot letters in StarWars all the time,
with a complete loop from a regular ball plunge, 'ST' are always
given. I don't mind that on multiballs, but don't much like it for
every start of ball.
2. If possible, it would be nice if the letters in StarWars would keep
ball to ball, for maybe the first time, & then reset each ball there
after. this would go along with-
3. Would like the points for StarWars to go up each time collected to
a max. say 5mill +5 mill to 25mill, or 10 mill= 10 mill to 40mill max
etc.
-Skill Shot
1. when getting a skill shot, would like it to add, or advance the
points for the next skill shot. as it stands it just gives 2mil, 3mil,
4mil for ball 1, 2, & 3 respectively. I'd like to see it start with 1
mill +1 mil each successful shot, including any extra balls.
2. Also along with this, The skill shot cheat I'd love to see removed-
so the ship doesn't start in the crosshairs/ or you can't shoot it
till the ship has moves away from crosshairs. It does this fine on
extra balls-when no ship is seen & you have to use the force, but when
there is a ship there... this would take the gimmie out of the shot
and make it worth more for skill!
3. I'd also like to see the Skill Shot video repeat for a missed shot.
SO- if you miss the ball1 shot, you would see it on ball2 till it was
collected. This might also mean a change for extraball's skillshot-
where if the last shot was unsuccessfull, the extra ball SS would not
be an unseen ship, but would be it it was sucessfull.

I know this is one extremely long tough list....but you did ask!
FWIW-
-I've seen the ball saver, when the ball tries to get plunged before
it's fully in the shooter lane. It will be VERY AWESOME to see a ball
saver for this as more of a timer-I guess I had never noticed this was
just a one switch saver.
-The ramp extra ball on my machine anyway, reflexes, I've seen it as
low as 3 ramps, an as high as 24! this of cours is from Xball %.
-Love the idea of ramp liting the force scoop, but not collecting it!
I've had my ramp shots reset ball-to-ball just to slow this feature.
-I like monsterbaldy's idea of all the main fore reward being worth
the same. And I'd take it futher that as the 3 movie related one were
done, then the next major reword would be worth much in points!
-The kickback is relit by the leftorbit, UNLESS the ball time is high,
then you have to hit the drops till hyperspace is lit, THEN the left
orbit will relite kickback. After thinking about it a minute, I think
i'd be best to take the balltime out of the equasion and just make it-
once kickback is used A) drop targets once B) then left orbit lits to
relite kickback.

Sorry this became so long-Hope you didn't suffer my bad grammar &
spelling too much! I've spent quite a lot of time on my Star Wars, and
I *THINK* I listed every glitch/bug and rule that has annoyed me! If
you could even fix the skill shot bug, and maybe the deathstar stuff
that would be an SUPER big win in my book!
....Hope this was helpful.
-David Doney

Chad H

May 8, 2012, 1:15:30 AM5/8/12

Just wanted to give a quick update of my progress.

I have removed the ability for the ramp shot to Collect Force Award. It
will still Light Force Award... just not collect it. To collect it you
now HAVE to shoot the Force Scoop.

Also, I have neutered the overpowered climbing ramp bonus. The game
normally awards 3, 7, 14, 21, 31, 43, 57, 73, 91, 99 million for the
respective ramp shot. WAY TOO MUCH! Besides, each ramp shot gives you
150,000 regardless and it builds the letters in Star Wars which will
give 10 million every time you finish spelling it. So now, the climbing
ramp bonus has been divided by 10.

It was:

3 ramps = 3 million
7 ramps = 7 million
14 ramps = 14 million
21 ramps = 21 million
31 ramps = 31 million
43 ramps = 43 million
57 ramps = 57 million
73 ramps = 73 million
91 ramps = 91 million
99 ramps = 99 million

It is now:

3 ramps = 1 million
7 ramps = 1 million
14 ramps = 1 million
21 ramps = 2 million
31 ramps = 3 million
43 ramps = 4 million
57 ramps = 5 million
73 ramps = 7 million
91 ramps = 9 million
99 ramps = 9 million

Ladies and gentlemen, Star Wars is NO LONGER A ONE SHOT GAME.

And I am not even done yet...

Chad

nwojedi

May 8, 2012, 3:01:34 AM5/8/12

fantastic, can't wait for this rom to be available. Want me to test run
it in VP?

--
nwojedi

* C a p t a i n N e o *
Pinball Playfield restoration service at:

Chad H

May 9, 2012, 4:23:48 PM5/9/12

Here is my current DE Star Wars mod status:

1) 10 second ball save implemented.
2) Ramp no longer gives force awards. You must now collect them via the
Force Scoop.
3) Ramp bonus score awards are reduced to 10% of original value.
4) Starting Jackpot value changed from 10 million to 25 million. This
makes the Jackpots in Tri-Ball the most valuable shots in the game. This
is how it should be. Since you really have to earn this (advance the
moons, shoot the DS trough, start tri-ball which complicates things as
now there are balls blocking and deflecting your shots, shoot death star
target, then shoot the ramp for Jackpot, and then shoot the Death Star
trough again for Double Jackpot). I think Double Jackpot (minimum 50
million now) should be the highest award overall. This needs to be the
money shot. Nothing in the game should trump it.
5) Combo shot has gone from 1 million to 15 million. Super Combo has
gone from 5 million to 10 million. This means 25 million total if you
hit the Super Combo.

And... there is still more to come!

--
Chad H

Chad H

May 10, 2012, 9:21:31 AM5/10/12

TrashMeister;1936838 Wrote:

> -Spell STARWARS
> 1. Would like the game not to spot letters in StarWars all the time,
> with a complete loop from a regular ball plunge, 'ST' are always
> given. I don't mind that on multiballs, but don't much like it for
> every start of ball.
>
> -David Doney

David, I fixed this. It will no longer spot the 'S' at the beginning of
each ball.

Vegemite Nick

May 10, 2012, 10:59:00 AM5/10/12

This is awesome! Wish I hadn't sold that SW now.....

Dan Q very much

May 10, 2012, 11:24:50 AM5/10/12
This goes without saying, and it doesn't sound like you need any
encouragement, but this is awesome! SW will be seeing an increase in
popularity & price!

I never knew about the Han Solo in Carbonite screen. It gives me new
justification for the SWT Han plastic (given to me by Dave Schulpius -
thanks, Dave!) I stuck in there by Jabba over the shooter lane. It'll
be great when the ball save works for real!

My only concern thus far, forgive me if I don't know the rules well
enough, is that perhaps you have weakened the ramp too much? Is it
even worth aiming at any more?

If/when the time comes, I have some suggestions for tweaks in Tommy!

nwojedi

May 10, 2012, 12:01:14 PM5/10/12

can't wait for this to be done. Awesome stuff.

--
nwojedi

* C a p t a i n N e o *
Pinball Playfield restoration service at:

Chad H

May 10, 2012, 5:04:34 PM5/10/12

Today's update. Three new items added at the end:

[...]
gone from 5 million to 10 million. Giving a total of 25 million.
6) The 'S' in 'Star Wars' is no longer spotted at the beginning of the
ball. Just plunging the ball will spot a letter as it goes around the
loop anyways.
7) The ability to light Extra Ball via the ramp shot has been set at 18
shots permanently. It will not adjust over time. The default value was 5
shots and would adjust over time and eventually bug out and not work at
all.
8 ) The ramp shot will now Light Force Award in a normalized manner
every 5 ramp shots. Meaning, on ramp shot 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, etc. It
used to be on shot 4, 8, 10, 14, 18, 20, 24, 28, 30, etc.

Things are moving right along!

--
Chad H

pinball.erie

May 10, 2012, 10:47:58 PM5/10/12

PM sent, you are the man !!!!! Please reply ASAP, my excitement for my
old SW getting retooled is driving me crazy. Thanks for all this work
!!!!!

--
pinball.erie

ES,FT,SWEP1,SWDE,T2,RBION,SERENADE WR,TFLE

TrashMeister

May 10, 2012, 11:04:37 PM5/10/12
WOW! Can't wait to see this in action.....and I REALLY can't wait to
see what you'll change/add next!!! X-O
-David Doney

John I

May 10, 2012, 11:38:07 PM5/10/12

Awesome work! Thanks for your hard work and dedication to making the
hobby better.

John
John I

http://www.floridapinballforum.com

PinMatt

May 11, 2012, 12:09:08 AM5/11/12
I can't wait ...great work! I wish I had that kind of skill!!

Cudaman

May 13, 2012, 10:28:33 AM5/13/12

Chad, greatly appreciate all the work you have done on this. I will be
very excited to get my hands on this ROM once completed.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you have not commented on
making the speeder bike video mode work. Is this something that you can
tackle or is it not possible? I know many have mentioned it in the
thread, but I have not seen a response. Getting this mode to actually
be interactive would be the ultimate addition to your programing!

Dave
Cudaman

Chad H

May 13, 2012, 7:05:50 PM5/13/12

Cudaman;1938758 Wrote:
> Chad, greatly appreciate all the work you have done on this. I will be
> very excited to get my hands on this ROM once completed.
>
> Please don't take this the wrong way, but you have not commented on
> making the speeder bike video mode work. Is this something that you can
> tackle or is it not possible? I know many have mentioned it in the
> thread, but I have not seen a response. Getting this mode to actually
> be interactive would be the ultimate addition to your programing!
>
> Dave

Dave,

I knew that would be the number one request and I would love to be able
to create one. But there is no way I could program in a working video
mode. That is way beyond me.

On the other hand, if there was one hidden in the game and it was just
turned off or disabled... then I could maybe have a chance of
re-enabling it.

Has anyone ever asked Lonnie Ropp or John Borg the history of the video
mode? Was it ever in there?

--
Chad H

Cudaman

May 13, 2012, 7:13:58 PM5/13/12

I'm sure somoen has, but I have not and do not know the answer. I am
guessing some intelligent RGP'r might have that info.

Dave

--
Cudaman

nwojedi

Chad H

May 19, 2012, 10:09:45 AM5/19/12

Things are still moving along. It's in more of a "play test" phase, but
here are some recent updates.

1) Ball Save timer behavior has been fixed so it is not solely based on
ball reaching middle bottom outhole switch in 10 seconds. Now, it will
also give you Ball Save if ball hits Right Outlane Switch before the 10
second timer ends. This prevents the annoying issue where the timer was
still active as the ball was draining on the right side but inactive by
the time the ball made it to the outhole switch. This is not needed for
Left Outlane as the Relaunch (always lit at beginning of ball) will kick
ball back into play.
2) The pop bumpers now add more than double the amount of points to the
Sarlacc Pit bonus. This makes the often ignored right scoop a much more
attractive target!
3) Relighting Relaunch is no longer based on Average Ball Time. Instead,
Relaunch can now always be relit with only a shot to the left orbit for
the first 90 seconds of each ball. After 90 seconds it can be relit by
hitting all the drop targets and then making a shot to the left orbit.
This fixes the inconsistent behavior of the Relaunch in the original
game and helps level the playing field for multiplayer games. With the
new rules, you are going to want to relite Relaunch now because you also
want to shoot the valuable Force Scoop. With Relaunch lit, you have that
added layer of protection if you miss that important Force Scoop shot.

--
Chad H

Phatchit

Jul 15, 2012, 1:25:39 AM7/15/12

any updates? i have abuddy getting ready to buy this pin and would like
to get these roms for him

--
Phatchit

nwojedi

Jul 15, 2012, 2:07:37 AM7/15/12

yes, i'm still anxiously waiting for these roms as well.

--
nwojedi

* C a p t a i n N e o *
Pinball Playfield restoration service at:

_www.playfieldrestorations (\"http://www.captainneo.com\").com (\"http://www.captainneo.com\")__:D

Chad H

Jul 15, 2012, 8:59:26 AM7/15/12

I've been updating mainly over on the forum at pinside.com.

http://tinyurl.com/725e23x

--
Chad H

seymour.shabow

Jul 15, 2012, 11:06:38 AM7/15/12
Chad H wrote:
> Phatchit;1971095 Wrote:
>> any updates? i have abuddy getting ready to buy this pin and would like
>> to get these roms for him
>
> I've been updating mainly over on the forum at pinside.com.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/725e23x

Do you plan on updating the technical details/source code to pinhacks.com?