Whats the latest with Pat Lawlor?

Eric Schmitt

Oct 1, 2008, 12:57:10 AM10/1/08
Not on deck for any new games.

Not in the expo schedule.

did I miss the boat on something?

I see on PLD web site that he is making his own CPU boards. Did he
branch off on his own or are those just for his redemption games?

--Eric

Lloyd Olson

Oct 1, 2008, 1:00:32 AM10/1/08
That one.

"Eric Schmitt" <erics....@gmail.com> wrote in message

> did I miss the boat on something?
>

> --Eric

jta...@aol.com

Oct 1, 2008, 1:13:45 AM10/1/08
On Sep 30, 9:57 pm, Eric Schmitt <erics.pinb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not on deck for any new games.

He designed Stern's latest game "CSI" due out at the end of October.

Jerry

Daniel Tonks

Oct 1, 2008, 1:19:11 AM10/1/08

I thought 24 was next?

- Dan

Eric Schmitt

Oct 1, 2008, 1:29:32 AM10/1/08

> I thought 24 was next?
>
> - Dan

Who knows.....(I sure dont). Some once thought that CSI would be
released right before Dark Night and I think PL was working on CSI in
the later part of 2007 and somehow release got pushed forward.
Anything is possible now.

--Eric

jta...@aol.com

Oct 1, 2008, 2:17:04 AM10/1/08
On Sep 30, 10:19 pm, "Daniel Tonks" <dtonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM>
wrote:

Nope. CSI at the end of October and then 24 at the end of December to
coincide with both shows new seasons.

black...@skynet.be

Oct 1, 2008, 2:52:13 AM10/1/08
I've heard that they were going to produce BDK, IJ4, HD, TSPP, POTC,
SM till at least december and that production of any new games would
be for january.

Didn't Pat Lawlor quit the board with Stern cause he didn't agree on
Sterns' new filosofy? Can anybody confirm this actually? Did anyone
talke with Pat about this?

TheKorn

Oct 1, 2008, 4:15:25 AM10/1/08
Eric Schmitt <erics....@gmail.com> wrote in news:cfa335e8-1e0c-454f-
b82b-c31...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> Not on deck for any new games.
>
> Not in the expo schedule.
>
> did I miss the boat on something?

He quit.

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Taylor-VA

Oct 1, 2008, 6:58:21 AM10/1/08

Is filosofy a greek thing?

twilightzonepinball

Oct 1, 2008, 7:04:59 AM10/1/08

What is the new philosophy? That pinball is not just for drunks in
bars?

-Tom

Pinball Basics DVD

Ozricman

Oct 1, 2008, 7:46:37 AM10/1/08
What?!?!?!?!?

> He quit.

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 7:53:17 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 6:46 am, Ozricman <Ozric1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What?!?!?!?!?
>

> > He quit.- Hide quoted text -

Although I am burned out on Law and order..csi and the others , I am
sure the pin will be a cool layout, although topping FGY will indeed
be a challenge. Whats' this Pat resigned????

Expat

Oct 1, 2008, 7:55:05 AM10/1/08

In Lawlor's defense.

Look at what the man has created in pins...

He constantly was pushing for new innovations and "bigger and better"
as much as possible.

You might not like TZ but man that was one hell of an innovative
design.

I could see why he just got tired of working w/ Stern's low budget/non
innovation policy.

Pat is/was an artist,not a hack who could just be content to spit out
mediocre designs.

Like it or not Pat Lawlor designs drove most of the innovation and YES
success of the DMD era of pins.

Am I surprised that he fell out w/ Gary Stern...not at all

The two men couldn't be further apart in what they aim to achieve in
the pinball world.

Be thankful you got what designs from Pat that you did!

TheKorn

Oct 1, 2008, 8:38:51 AM10/1/08
Ozricman <Ozri...@gmail.com> wrote in news:320e5d06-b67b-478b-817a-
bd8577...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

>> He quit.
>>
> What?!?!?!?!?

He quit/resigned/parted company with/whatever other term you want to use.

Scylla

Oct 1, 2008, 8:52:09 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 3:15 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:
> Eric Schmitt <erics.pinb...@gmail.com> wrote in news:cfa335e8-1e0c-454f-
> b82b-c31ba6e75...@x41g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> > Not on deck for any new games.
>
> > Not in the expo schedule.
>
> > did I miss the boat on something?
>
> He quit.
>
> --
> Have a home video that's trapped on your camera?  Want to share it on the
> web or on DVD?
>
> http://www.webwidevideo.com/

How is it that you know everything? What's going on at the State
Department lately, where's Jimmy Hoffa, who shot JR and will they ever
film The Hobbit??

mnpinball

Oct 1, 2008, 9:03:31 AM10/1/08
Pat left the company and is done is what I heard.
CSI will not be released this year and maybe not at all.
When I emailed Pat about the website and shirts that he sold for Stern
he said no more shirts and I had to contact Stern directly.
Sounds like he has washed his hands of the company.
At least he went out with a bang on a successful Family Guy pin.

24 is next but not sure if a Dec. release or early 2009.

TheKorn

Oct 1, 2008, 9:03:53 AM10/1/08
Scylla <smba...@wowway.com> wrote in news:e7b1b6bf-78f7-4440-8d14-
f690cc...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> How is it that you know everything? What's going on at the State
> Department lately, where's Jimmy Hoffa, who shot JR and will they ever
> film The Hobbit??

<24-speak>
I used a tunnel to socket in to the firewall via the stack. After that, I
used a VPN schematic to hack the hash table which got me access to the
matrix. Finally, after using a simple beyer algorithm combined with a red-
black tree, I could see and know everything! :)
</24-speak>

azpinlawyer

Oct 1, 2008, 9:11:05 AM10/1/08

I don't entiirely disagree, but if you'd heard him spout off at Expo
'07, you might think differently about Pat's philosophy.

Joe Blasi

Oct 1, 2008, 9:12:01 AM10/1/08
TheKorn wrote:
> Scylla <smba...@wowway.com> wrote in news:e7b1b6bf-78f7-4440-8d14-
> f690cc...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
>> How is it that you know everything? What's going on at the State
>> Department lately, where's Jimmy Hoffa, who shot JR and will they ever
>> film The Hobbit??
>
> <24-speak>
> I used a tunnel to socket in to the firewall via the stack. After that, I
> used a VPN schematic to hack the hash table which got me access to the
> matrix. Finally, after using a simple beyer algorithm combined with a red-
> black tree, I could see and know everything! :)
> </24-speak>

Jack Bauer wants names not tech talk.

twilightzonepinball

Oct 1, 2008, 10:39:38 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 9:03 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:
> Scylla <smbaue...@wowway.com> wrote in news:e7b1b6bf-78f7-4440-8d14-
> f690cc3a1...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> > How is it that you know everything?  What's going on at the State
> > Department lately, where's Jimmy Hoffa, who shot JR and will they ever
> > film The Hobbit??
>
> <24-speak>
> I used a tunnel to socket in to the firewall via the stack.  After that, I
> used a VPN schematic to hack the hash table which got me access to the
> matrix.  Finally, after using a simple beyer algorithm combined with a red-
> black tree, I could see and know everything!  :)
> </24-speak>
>
> --
> Have a home video that's trapped on your camera?  Want to share it on the
> web or on DVD?
>
> http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Why doesn't PL just start his own pinball company? He has the ability
to make whitewoods, so just farm out the manufacturing.

-Tom

Pinball Basics DVD

ldnayman

Oct 1, 2008, 10:54:20 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 10:39�am, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@aol.com> wrote:

> Why doesn't PL just start his own pinball company? He has the ability
> to make whitewoods, so just farm out the manufacturing.
>
> -Tom
>

> Pinball Basics DVD- Hide quoted text -

It's so simple!

beechwood

Oct 1, 2008, 11:09:22 AM10/1/08
> > Why doesn't PL just start his own pinball company? He has the ability
> > to make whitewoods, so just farm out the manufacturing.

Farm out to who...Stern?

Joel

HIOP

www.pinballinteractive.com

chuck

Oct 1, 2008, 11:16:15 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 8:38 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:
> Ozricman <Ozric1...@gmail.com> wrote in news:320e5d06-b67b-478b-817a-
> bd857735f...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

> >> He quit.
>
> > What?!?!?!?!?
>
> He quit/resigned/parted company with/whatever other term you want to use.
>
> --
> Have a home video that's trapped on your camera?  Want to share it on the
> web or on DVD?
>
> http://www.webwidevideo.com/

I was think about this the other day. I'm just glad I was able to buy
what might be his last, and arguably one of his best, pinball machines
FG.

twilightzonepinball

Oct 1, 2008, 11:22:02 AM10/1/08

Don't other manufacturers farm out subassemblies and such? Why does it
have to be a pinball manufacturer?

-Tom

Pinball Basics DVD

JonC

Oct 1, 2008, 11:24:09 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 7:38 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:
> Ozricman <Ozric1...@gmail.com> wrote in news:320e5d06-b67b-478b-817a-
> bd857735f...@m45g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:
>
> >> He quit.
>
> > What?!?!?!?!?
>
> He quit/resigned/parted company with/whatever other term you want to use.
>
> --
> Have a home video that's trapped on your camera?  Want to share it on the
> web or on DVD?
>
> http://www.webwidevideo.com/

What is he planning to do now? From what I can see his business has
only designed machines for Stern, pinball and one redemption.

Jon

miracleman

Oct 1, 2008, 11:31:27 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 7:55 am, Expat <tenbeersb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> In Lawlor's defense.
> Look at what the man has created in pins...

bah
He's just as good or bad as any other designer, with his share of
flops.
I own BR and will get a FG eventually, but still think TZ and AF are
vastly overrated.
I think most of his designs are overcluttered messes.
But to each his own!

ldnayman

Oct 1, 2008, 11:36:05 AM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 11:22�am, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@aol.com> wrote:

> Don't other manufacturers farm out subassemblies and such? Why does it
> have to be a pinball manufacturer?
>
> -Tom
>
> Pinball Basics DVD

Only someone who thinks our moronic government could pull off a
"truthers" fantasy believes it's this easy to make pinball machines.

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 12:30:11 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 8:03 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:
> Scylla <smbaue...@wowway.com> wrote in news:e7b1b6bf-78f7-4440-8d14-
> f690cc3a1...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
> > How is it that you know everything?  What's going on at the State
> > Department lately, where's Jimmy Hoffa, who shot JR and will they ever
> > film The Hobbit??
>
> <24-speak>
> I used a tunnel to socket in to the firewall via the stack.  After that, I
> used a VPN schematic to hack the hash table which got me access to the
> matrix.  Finally, after using a simple beyer algorithm combined with a red-
> black tree, I could see and know everything!  :)
> </24-speak>
>
> --
> Have a home video that's trapped on your camera?  Want to share it on the
> web or on DVD?
>
> http://www.webwidevideo.com/

Korn, that is deep!!

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 12:30:56 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 8:12 am, Joe Blasi <Joebl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> TheKorn wrote:
> > Scylla <smbaue...@wowway.com> wrote in news:e7b1b6bf-78f7-4440-8d14-
> > f690cc3a1...@b1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
>
> >> How is it that you know everything?  What's going on at the State
> >> Department lately, where's Jimmy Hoffa, who shot JR and will they ever
> >> film The Hobbit??
>
> > <24-speak>
> > I used a tunnel to socket in to the firewall via the stack.  After that, I
> > used a VPN schematic to hack the hash table which got me access to the
> > matrix.  Finally, after using a simple beyer algorithm combined with a red-
> > black tree, I could see and know everything!  :)
> > </24-speak>
>
> Jack Bauer wants names not tech talk.

He also wants royalties.

twilightzonepinball

Oct 1, 2008, 1:01:08 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 11:36 am, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Oct 1, 11:22 am,twilightzonepinball<tomwi...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > Don't other manufacturers farm out subassemblies and such? Why does it
> > have to be a pinball manufacturer?
>
> > -Tom
>
> > Pinball Basics DVD
>
> Only someone who thinks our moronic government could pull off a
> "truthers" fantasy believes it's this easy to make pinball machines.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

-Tom

Pinball Basics DVD

heckheck

Oct 1, 2008, 1:11:03 PM10/1/08
Wow, it's too bad Pat decided to pull the plug. I think FGuy was a
decent machine from him, and quite fun to play. His comments at Expo
seemed to run counter to what he actually delivered. He has argued
that the average game Stern is producing is too complex for the
average pinball player, and that the basic design was a dead end with
toys and modes and catering to the RGP type pinball nut. Then he
delivered FGuy, which had a GREAT toy (Stewie pinball), a bunch of
modes and enough complexity to keep the RGPers pretty engaged and very
satisfied. I didn't agree with his comments, but I couldn't argue
with the final product.

His innovation will be sorely missed, and his playfield layout skills
were matched by one or two that are at the helm designing games right
now.

h_h

Lloyd Olson

Oct 1, 2008, 1:14:20 PM10/1/08
It's been posted here in the recent past.

"Ozricman" <Ozri...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What?!?!?!?!?
>

>> He quit.

Lloyd Olson

Oct 1, 2008, 1:16:46 PM10/1/08
Retire, get a job, who knows. Most likely won't be in pinball. :(

"JonC" <jchris...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

Oct 1, 2008, 1:18:01 PM10/1/08
Korn reads RGP. And pays attention. LTG :)

"Scylla" <smba...@wowway.com> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

Oct 1, 2008, 1:20:03 PM10/1/08
I would imagine he'd like to retire with money and not poverty. Capcom blew
60 million in 2 years when the industry still had a chance. You know how
fast 60 million would go now, with no chance ?

Even Pat knows better than that. LTG :)

"twilightzonepinball" <tomw...@aol.com> wrote in message

american...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 2:01:55 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 11:22 am, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@aol.com> wrote:

You're right, Ford has excess capacity at their plant on Torrence Ave.

Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)

Oct 1, 2008, 2:08:03 PM10/1/08
Lloyd Olson wrote:
> I would imagine he'd like to retire with money and not poverty. Capcom blew
> 60 million in 2 years when the industry still had a chance. You know how
> fast 60 million would go now, with no chance ?
>
> Even Pat knows better than that. LTG :)

In addition to what Lloyd just said, a Pinball start-up is a lawyers
dream and a designers nightmare: A real minefield of patents, marks and
other legalities to get bogged-down in. Who needs that? John Popaduik
tried (I don't know how far he got) and that came to nothing.

I'd give Pat a job, but I'm afraid he might bring Rudy along and Rudy
freaks me out big time! ;-)

Clive

Professional circuit board repairs...

-- The Coin-Op Cauldron --
103 Armistead lane
Easley, SC 29642
(864)238-1707
www.coinopcauldron.com

twilightzonepinball

Oct 1, 2008, 2:18:50 PM10/1/08
> You're right, Ford has excess capacity at their plant on Torrence Ave.- Hide quoted text -

Can you imagine that? Union wages and a pin in every dealership. Cool.

I was thinking of having China make them.

-Tom

Pinball Basics DVD

ldnayman

Oct 1, 2008, 2:22:40 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 2:18�pm, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@aol.com> wrote:

> Can you imagine that? Union wages and a pin in every dealership. Cool.
>
> I was thinking of having China make them.

Is China gonna make a complete boardset? Are they going to know how to
assemble a pinball machine?

Do you really think it's that simple!? This isn't like emailing a PDF
to Kinkos!

Pat can't just design a playfield and have some people produce it for
him. But hey, why not give it a shot? Offer to "farm out" the from-
scratch production of a pinball machine for Pat Lawlor, maybe you guys
can cut a deal.

Ned Ledod

Oct 1, 2008, 2:29:37 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 5:58 am, Taylor-VA <TaylorV...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is filosofy a greek thing?

Isn't filosofy a Greek bread?

Lloyd Olson

Oct 1, 2008, 2:30:05 PM10/1/08
Not to mention if China made them, they hit out shores, have lots of patent,
trademark, copyright issues, they all get destroyed in customs. Not an easy
task making a pin from the ground up, here or overseas. LTG :)

"ldnayman" <ldna...@aol.com> wrote in message

miracleman

Oct 1, 2008, 2:33:54 PM10/1/08
Maybe Pat will design new Pinball 2000 games for Gene?

ldnayman

Oct 1, 2008, 2:41:17 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 2:33�pm, miracleman <psychospe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe Pat will design new Pinball 2000 games for Gene?

Maybe pigs will fly and shit $100 bills on all of us.

Coin-Op Cauldron (Clive)

Oct 1, 2008, 2:45:10 PM10/1/08
ldnayman wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2:33�pm, miracleman <psychospe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Maybe Pat will design new Pinball 2000 games for Gene?
>

> Maybe pigs will fly

Bacon's gone up.

dothedoo

Oct 1, 2008, 2:57:36 PM10/1/08

No, feelawful is a Greek bread.

mnpinball

Oct 1, 2008, 3:05:21 PM10/1/08
Pat's gonna finish Wizard Blocks under Big Guys Pinball new company
with NuCore.

A guy can only hope. :-)
One more day untill the big unveiling at Expo with an anouncement.
Future kits .....hmmmm......

gpsdrew

Oct 1, 2008, 3:09:05 PM10/1/08
If they were made in China the playfields would definietly be
melamine...
:)

miracleman

Oct 1, 2008, 3:13:59 PM10/1/08

mmn, sounds like another bet you won't follow through on!

JonC

Oct 1, 2008, 3:20:30 PM10/1/08

The pigs have already flown (BBB). However, I heard nothing regarding
the $100 bills.

Jon

Matt S.

Oct 1, 2008, 5:12:48 PM10/1/08

> <24-speak>
> I used a tunnel to socket in to the firewall via the stack.  After that, I
> used a VPN schematic to hack the hash table which got me access to the
> matrix.  Finally, after using a simple beyer algorithm combined with a red-
> black tree, I could see and know everything!  :)
> </24-speak>

That can't be from 24 because it did not include the word "protocol."

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 12:31:31 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 9:54 am, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:

> On Oct 1, 10:39 am, twilightzonepinball <tomwi...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > Why doesn't PL just start his own pinball company? He has the ability
> > to make whitewoods, so just farm out the manufacturing.
>
> > -Tom
>
> > Pinball Basics DVD- Hide quoted text -
>
> It's so simple!

Isn't this what he was doing with Stern??

american...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 8:18:27 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 2:22 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:

I'd rather send a deposit to Pat than that "company" down under.

american...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 8:21:42 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 2:29 pm, Ned Ledod <pinb...@charter.net> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 5:58 am, Taylor-VA <TaylorV...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is filosofy a greek thing?
>
> Isn't filosofy a Greek bread?

Didn't Zaccaria make a pinball machine with that name?

american...@hotmail.com

Oct 1, 2008, 8:23:04 PM10/1/08

Cadbury, Cadbury, Cadbury it's a Chocolate bar!

Taylor-VA

Oct 1, 2008, 8:52:01 PM10/1/08

I'm in on the PL pre-order.
LMK where to send my cash.

Easily my favorite designer it will be unfortunate if he is done with
pinball design.
His batting average is pretty great if you aske me; ES, WW, FH, BR,
TAF, TZ, SC, NGG, FGY, etc.etc.

Like I said, tell me where to send the cash.

twilightzonepinball

Oct 1, 2008, 8:55:52 PM10/1/08
On Oct 1, 2:22 pm, ldnayman <ldnay...@aol.com> wrote:

Maybe what we need is a new direction. Simplify and make the games
more durable. Easier to assemble and less complicated. We already know
that complex does not equal fun. I don't remember EMs being that
difficult to assemble.

Maybe with your negativity, nothing will happen.

-Tom

Pinball Basics DVD

mnpinball

Oct 1, 2008, 9:01:56 PM10/1/08

Only if Larry DeMar and/or Keith Johnson are at the helm.

jsgt...@aol.com

Oct 2, 2008, 2:32:46 AM10/2/08
On Oct 1, 8:52 am, Scylla <smbaue...@wowway.com> wrote:

> How is it that you know everything? What's going on at the State
> Department lately, where's Jimmy Hoffa, who shot JR and will they ever
> film The Hobbit??

I thought this was all common knowledge, at least to us Quantum
Leapers:

What's going on at the State Department lately - they're wondering
if their paychecks are going to clear, just like everyone else

where's Jimmy Hoffa - 6 feet under in one of the end zones in the
Meadowlands

who shot JR- I THINK it was Sue Ellen, but it didn't matter since it
turned out to all be a stupid dream

will they ever film The Hobbit?? - NO

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2008, 7:23:26 AM10/2/08
On Oct 1, 12:18 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Korn reads RGP. And pays attention.  LTG :)
>
> "Scylla" <smbaue...@wowway.com> wrote in message

> How is it that you know everything?

So, If indeed Pat is done with pinball.....Do you think we can finally
have an answer to the *RED PANIC BUTTON* on most of his games???!!!???

aced...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2008, 8:18:35 AM10/2/08
>will they ever film The Hobbit?? - NO

Actually yes, scheduled for 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_hobbit#Adaptations

Lloyd Olson

Oct 2, 2008, 12:31:05 PM10/2/08
I think it's when the last pinball machine is made, Pat hits the red button
and sees what comes next. LTG :)

<5voltsr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Gunstar Hero

Oct 2, 2008, 12:44:10 PM10/2/08
Kristen shot JR. For more info, check da link!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_shot_jr