Most Expensive Pins Ever

toyboy6

Jan 26, 2010, 9:54:39 AM1/26/10
With the sale of Nessy at $20k+, it got me thinking...so what are the
top 10 most expensive pin sales of all time? Tried doing a google
search but didn't come up with much. Start listing.

TheKorn

Jan 26, 2010, 10:01:02 AM1/26/10
toyboy6 <scott....@yahoo.com> wrote in news:bbd515d7-cd7f-4a2f-8f87-
2a021d...@b35g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

> With the sale of Nessy at $20k+, it got me thinking...so what are the
> top 10 most expensive pin sales of all time? Tried doing a google
> search but didn't come up with much. Start listing.

You really want us to list every idiot craig's list poster who's fishing
for a sucker?

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

tomdotcom

Jan 26, 2010, 10:03:10 AM1/26/10
Wasn't there a NIB TAF that went for 18k recently??

MarcG

Jan 26, 2010, 10:04:04 AM1/26/10

> You really want us to list every idiot craig's list poster who's fishing
> for a sucker?

I would assume he meant games that actually sold. I think there was an
em last year that went for 26k. Mermaid maybe?

azpinlawyer

Jan 26, 2010, 10:05:34 AM1/26/10

Kingpin fetched $30k, if I'm not being lied to by the friend of a
recent attempted seller.....

toyboy6

Jan 26, 2010, 11:34:38 AM1/26/10

Correct! Only curious as to what's sold - don't want a spam fest.

machine.slave

Jan 26, 2010, 11:57:11 AM1/26/10
That would explain the local "WTB: Mermaid woodrail" ad I keep seeing
on Kijiji...

Josh A.

Jan 26, 2010, 12:20:47 PM1/26/10
On Jan 26, 8:04 am, MarcG <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there was an em last year that went for 26k. Mermaid maybe?

The Mermaid went for $17,700 in December 2007:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/msg/70432d4a4bb6c977?hl=en

At $20,327.27, Loch Ness narrowly beat out Mike Nogle's MM #1 that
went for $20,100 last month.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220524401988

A NIB TAF went for $18,000 in October 2007.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/msg/cc931578d2a2f2f1?hl=en

Those are the top four eBay prices for pins that I'm aware of.

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2010, 12:54:12 PM1/26/10
On Jan 26, 11:20 am, "Josh A." <josh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 26, 8:04 am, MarcG <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think there was an em last year that went for 26k. Mermaid maybe?
>
> The Mermaid went for $17,700 in December 2007:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/msg/70432d4a4bb6c977...

> At $20,327.27, Loch Ness narrowly beat out Mike Nogle's MM #1 that
> went for $20,100 last month.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220524401988
>
> A NIB TAF went for $18,000 in October 2007.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/msg/cc931578d2a2f2f1...

> Those are the top four eBay prices for pins that I'm aware of.

Pinball Circus..

Kerry Imming

Jan 26, 2010, 12:58:03 PM1/26/10
On Jan 26, 11:20 am, "Josh A." <josh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Those are the top four eBay prices for pins that I'm aware of.

There are a few others that broke the $10k mark on the Boston Pinball
site:
http://www.bostonpinball.biz/eBayPrices11302009.htm

Big Bang Bar - $12,575
SafeCracker - $10,000
Star Trek:TNG - $10,000

- Kerry

Menace

Jan 26, 2010, 1:00:28 PM1/26/10

Gtb TKO would rank up there. I think there was one @ Expo with a
touched up PF that sold for $9K last year?

BTW, if anyone is looking for a super nice original TKO please contact
me.

Doug

rob046

Jan 26, 2010, 1:42:22 PM1/26/10
I didn't think that Loch Ness was gonna hit the $20k mark. I thought
it was probably gonna go for $15k which is where it was in the final
hours, but then a couple new bidders came in &, well, set a record.
Yeah, I was also surprised that this sale beat out that MM prototype
that sold recently.

But people love what they can't have, & are willing to pay to have one
of a kind stuff. Those are pretty expensive bragging rights, but I'm
still jealous. Having over $20k to spend on a pin is incredible. You
could buy a nice new high end car for that price! You could buy a
warehouse of B title pins for that price!

Hey, does anybody know the guy that won Nessy? I just want to know if
this pin went to a guy who is gonna lock it in a dungeon never to be
heard from again, or a good hope (hopefully an RGP'er) who will want
to make it available to people as far as letting people in to play it
every now & then or at least be willing to share pics, make some
videos of it, & answer questions about it on request.
I'm into the pinmame stuff. & we do NOT have the Nessy rom. Mike,
the soon to be ex-owner, was understandably just too afraid to remove
those roms cuz he didn't have an extra set.

But apparently the guy he bought it from does have a spare set of
roms. Hopefully he can help pinmame out & we can see a Nessy rom. Or
maybe the new owner of the pin will be more willing to remove the roms
for dumping.
I understand being wary of doing this, but if you are careful & just
use a proper chip puller tool, I can't imagine there being any chance
of causing damage to them to where they would simpy stop working.
I'd do it if it were my pin. Though it is easy to say when I'm not
the one shelling out over $20k for it! Also, it would be beneficial
to get those roms dumped for the owner of this pin.
Hey, there is gonna come a day when those roms just get too old & will
need new ones. If we can get them dumped, then of course a new set
can easily be burned, pin saved!
Mike said that the guy he bought the pin from years ago should have a
spare set, so maybe, hopefully, that guy can help out.
I think its imperative to dump the roms for any rare pin or prototype,
not just Nessy.

Speaking of expensive pins. The guy I bought a JD from has an amazing
house. A million dollar pad with a basement filled with pins & an
upstairs with a big room filled with pins. No junker pins either. I
think JD was his cheapest pin, & I took that off his hands. But every
A title you can think of, as well as all the latest new Stern's, he
has 'em. TZ, TAF, and yes, I was thrilled to see an incredible BBB
that he had. I think he said he paid $12k for it. He even has LED
lamps installed in many of his pins, including BBB, so it looked
AMAZING!!! He said he planned to get LED's in all his pins. He
doesn't even have any pin older than BOP. So they are all expensive
more modern big name pins, all immaculate looking.
Grand value of his collection, man its gotta be over $100k, if not
much more than that. BBB alone was $12k.
I'm just glad I was able to check one out in real life!

Lloyd Olson

Jan 26, 2010, 2:02:17 PM1/26/10
You do realize that high end cars go for a lot more than $20K ? LTG :)

"rob046" <rob...@gmail.com> wrote in message

rob046

Jan 26, 2010, 2:18:40 PM1/26/10
> > warehouse of B title pins for that price!- Hide quoted text -

Well it depends on your definition of "high end". If I spent $21k for
a new car, people in my area would consider it a higher end car, for
sure. but if you live in the upscale areas of LA, then a $21k car is
considered a junker.
So I guess I meant that $21k is a higher end car for the average joe.
Point is, $21k for a non DMD pin is pretty amazing! I think Nessy
would have been a great pin if it made it into production. Just
guessing by looking at it, it looks like a lot of fun, looks sharp.
Love the colors, art, & design.

Gameplay looks fun, looks like a good mix of things that made earlier
SS pins fun, but with a little newer "system 11" type flare thrown
into it. That backglass is awesome too. Also I think just the fact
of knowing only 1 exists makes it exciting as well. Otherwise its
just another gameplan pin, blah. Though I think it would have been
Gameplan's best pin, easily.
But for $21k, yikes. I really would be afraid to play that thing
regularly. & I pray the pin hasn't gone to a regular guy who just
wants to play the crap out of it & won't take care of it.
Can you imagine being known as the guy who let a 23 year old one of a
kind $20k+ prototype awesome pin go to crap? If I see this thing for
sale again in 5 years & its full of all types of PF wear, I would cry!

Jonny O

Jan 26, 2010, 2:26:15 PM1/26/10
Ha ha yeah I was gonna say...

Dr. Evil: Unless you pay me... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Beemus

Jan 26, 2010, 2:28:08 PM1/26/10

IIRC an original BBB closed at $25K 6-7 years ago?
I could be wrong but I recall the sale not going through and it then
being sold for $20.5Kish.
Only recall cuz it was a local machine.

Lloyd Olson

Jan 26, 2010, 2:49:03 PM1/26/10
$21K. LTG :)

"Beemus" <beri...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Danny

Jan 26, 2010, 5:45:47 PM1/26/10
The William Wiley pinball machine: Punball: Only One Earth (based on
Northstar) sold for $125K. It was on display at PPE2. It was
considered an "art auction" but it still was a pinball machine! I
think it probably holds the title of the most expensive pinball
machine ever sold.

http://neptunebeachamusementmuseum.org/ppexpo/wileyPunball.php

Danny

Herb

Jan 26, 2010, 5:59:13 PM1/26/10

I have sold quite a few games for a bit. I sold The Lochness close to
what it went for on ebay. I sold the Roadrunner and 4X4 for a bit less
each but they were donated to Tim in Vegas.
But the most money was the one that went to Joel Silver. I worked with
Stern on that one well over the price of the one that sold up in S.F.
Kubuki went for more also.
Herb

Skooter

Jan 26, 2010, 6:21:54 PM1/26/10
The EURO be strong young jedi's

skoot

Robert Winter

Jan 26, 2010, 8:48:17 PM1/26/10

$10,300 for a NIB Scared Stiff almost 8 years ago. I archived the
auction here -

http://www.robertwinter.com/pinball/ss/ebay/auction.html

Robert
-----
http://robertwinter.com

machine.slave

Jan 26, 2010, 9:15:41 PM1/26/10
Robert, that's VERY awesome.. thanks for archiving that auction!

Danny

Jan 27, 2010, 2:39:08 AM1/27/10
Herb: Which game went to Joel? Are you saying it went for more than
$125,000??

Pascal - FlipperFarm.be

Jan 27, 2010, 5:29:49 AM1/27/10
last year the one and only "Mini Viper" was for sale.
the price was 25.000 euro (icl shipping to holland), i think.

i am wondering what the price was for those NIB Fish Tales and Doctor
Who from Cario, Egypt...

Pascal

Basil

Jan 27, 2010, 10:12:37 AM1/27/10

> But the most money was the one that went to Joel Silver. I worked with
> Stern on that one well over the price of the one that sold up in S.F.

Herb, Was that Richie Rich ?

wack...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2017, 1:07:44 AM12/10/17
Wish I could post a picture of my 10,000 plus collection - but you can see some I have for sale here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/177505182402762/?ref=bookmarks

John Dayhuff

Dec 10, 2017, 5:12:18 AM12/10/17
Facebook??!! :(

John

gtr...@yahoo.com

Dec 10, 2017, 6:37:03 AM12/10/17
Krull - $25K
Goin Nuts - $21K
Spirit - $12K

John Dayhuff

Dec 10, 2017, 1:43:15 PM12/10/17
Don't forget King Kong.

John

Gott Lieb?

Dec 10, 2017, 6:23:00 PM12/10/17
On Tuesday, January 26, 2010 at 9:54:39 AM UTC-5, toyboy6 wrote:
> With the sale of Nessy at $20k+, it got me thinking...so what are the
> top 10 most expensive pin sales of all time? Tried doing a google
> search but didn't come up with much. Start listing.

I think this ToTaN for $100K has everyone beat!

https://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/clt/d/tales-of-the-arabian-nights/6420382743.html

CubeSnake

Dec 10, 2017, 10:16:00 PM12/10/17
*sigh*, that Tales of the Arabian Nights from NY belongs to none other than that fucking sociopath Chris Kouloris <sp> AKA Kaneda. I thought he went away, sadly , I thought wrong.

Frank Furhter

Dec 10, 2017, 11:53:57 PM12/10/17
CubeSnake wrote:
> *sigh*, that Tales of the Arabian Nights from NY belongs to none other than that fucking sociopath Chris Kouloris <sp> AKA Kaneda. I thought he went away, sadly , I thought wrong.

It must be the best, he says so. Along with it you have a VERY tiny
personality, a tiny living room, a port and a steering wheel on the
walls of a very tiny house. You couldn't go wrong there! :)

--
The Frankster, a playfield prankster
Once upon my crank her ballpark shrank.

Frank Furhter

Dec 11, 2017, 12:20:59 AM12/11/17
CubeSnake wrote:
> *sigh*, that Tales of the Arabian Nights from NY belongs to none other than that fucking sociopath Chris Kouloris <sp> AKA Kaneda. I thought he went away, sadly , I thought wrong.

Your not alone, hardly. Most are wrong and think they are right.

c...@provide.net

Dec 11, 2017, 7:12:06 AM12/11/17
Right in front of the window this game is. That cabinet
fades with sunlight. Take $99k off the price...

Gott Lieb?

Dec 11, 2017, 6:01:15 PM12/11/17
Deep price cut!!! Only $12K now!!!!

Frank Furhter

Dec 11, 2017, 6:18:41 PM12/11/17
PHoF has the Pinball Circus up for sale, its only $10,000,000.00 USD.
Yes, you heard it right. 10 million dollars. At least this is what
TA said in the past few years when someone asked about its value
and being for sale or not.