LOTR - Duh...I just realised something tonight

MacMan

May 6, 2005, 11:10:07 AM5/6/05
Gang,

I'm I getting slow with old age or has anyone else missed this...

I kept thinking that in ROTK, getting the shots in order was impossible
because who has time during multi-ball to look at the DMD...

Well, Keith being brilliant, has programmed it into the playfield
lights. When you have your four shots lit 1x is lit only by the arrow,
2x is lit by arrow and the first ring insert, 3x is lit by the arrow and
the next two inserts... etc.

Well... when I worked this out tonight... didn't I feel slow! After only
18 months of playing it!

Now if only Keith had programmed someway you can tell what level you are
on apart from the DMD... or has he and I've missed that too?

I love this game! Thanks again Keith!

Cheers
MacMan

frenchy

May 6, 2005, 12:31:53 PM5/6/05
Till now I didn't even know you were supposed to shoot them in order or
look at the DMD. Had the game for what now, two months? I can tell I
haven't really scratched the surface as far as the minute details in
the rules, just sort of thrashing away at flashing red arrows...Frenchy

Ross Hitchins

May 6, 2005, 12:43:48 PM5/6/05
I'm the same way French...only I've had it since November....Dooh !
Didn't even know. I like your wording...."thrashing away at flashing red
arrows"... just call me "thrashing Ross".

Jeff Palmer

May 6, 2005, 1:13:20 PM5/6/05

The game is so full of cool modes and stacking abilities.

Yes, the ROTK lights help you out and the dmd shows it, but of course
the order of the jackpots doesn't affect the completion of the mode.
Really only handy if you are trying to get a mega jackpot with double
gollum and 2x scoring.

Much like the other mb modes, I think it would be helpful to know what
shots are needed to complete ring modes. For example, it is a little
challenging remembering Shelob shots (right side vs left side and what
remains) ,finding the gandalf roving butterfly shot (strafe everything
and you will eventually hit it, but of course that is dangerous) and
Warg mode. Warg I fing to be easiest with TTT since as you hit each of
the 7 jackpots the light goes off and you know what warg shots might be
left.

have fun!!

Jeff

heckheck

May 6, 2005, 1:25:32 PM5/6/05
Read the rules sheet, it's an excellent resource. For instance, did
you know that when you collect a ring by making a shot, all other ring
shots light for a combo that awards two more of the same ring type. I
didn't until I read the rules. Shooting the ROTK shots in order just
increases the jackpot multipliers for subsequent rounds (1x, 2x, 3x,
4x) becomes (2x, 3x, 4x, 5x) etc. The other one I felt stupid about is
that TTT multiball jackpots are singled, doubled or tripled based on
how many balls you have in play (four balls = triple, three balls =
double, two balls = single), and that the number of jackpots required
to trigger the progression through the mode is a fixed number that you
must cumulatively achieve. Hitting triples gets you there very fast.
Also, stack Gollum or double scoring before starting the mode and
you're talking SERIOUS points. Max jackpot is 84x with
Golum/double/triple jackpot 7 (the highest in all of pinball).

h_h

MacMan

May 6, 2005, 4:24:28 PM5/6/05
In article <1115397113.5...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
"frenchy" <mf10...@msn.com> wrote:

Well I only got mine in Feb, but have played it on location on and off
for over a year. When I was looking at the playfield while a friend was
playing and realised it was like a lighting strike! I had gotten them in
order every so often through luck and it makes a real good difference to
your score but could never stop to look at the DMD to be able to be
consistent.... but now....

Keep thrashing!
Macman