Anyone get a TZ PF from Mirco yet?

James Lewis

Aug 30, 2011, 6:16:54 PM8/30/11

I got mine yesterday and it looks very nice. I ordered the ceramic and
it is flawless. It does have some little circles from the bubble wrap
but I assume they will come off with Novus.

--
James Lewis
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

Jesse Wilson

Aug 30, 2011, 6:25:41 PM8/30/11
James Lewis wrote:
> I got mine yesterday and it looks very nice. I ordered the ceramic and
> it is flawless. It does have some little circles from the bubble wrap
> but I assume they will come off with Novus.

Was it your post from the other day or maybe it was someone who
mentioned the exact same bubble wrap circles too? I don't remember if
they posted that they came off or not but I assume they come off pretty
easily.

seymour.shabow

Aug 30, 2011, 6:40:57 PM8/30/11
James Lewis wrote:
> I got mine yesterday and it looks very nice. I ordered the ceramic and
> it is flawless. It does have some little circles from the bubble wrap
> but I assume they will come off with Novus.

Yes I got mine as well and posted some pics. There are some areas of
concern, like the colors picked, but like always, there are
manufacturing differences. Apparently TAG pf's have some differences in
colors - there's also some small areas of black bleed in some of the
cutouts, and Mirco needs to invest in a nicer tool to bore the magnet wells.

NOT ONE of these things is a dealbreaker for me though, it will take me
the normal forever to swap it in (for instance that STTNG PF I bought
from you I think 2-3 years ago I STILL haven't swapped over.....)

Really my TZ doesn't "need" a PF but there's some insert wear starting
so time to swap it..... eventually ;)

Doriguin

Aug 30, 2011, 6:35:47 PM8/30/11

I'll order one as soon as I get rid of my HUO Roadshow. Anyone
interested?

--
Doriguin

underlord

Aug 30, 2011, 7:18:53 PM8/30/11

I got mine tonight...flawless. Not one speck in the cc. Like
glass. :)

Mini pf is the same.

--Rick.

High End Pins

Aug 30, 2011, 7:47:03 PM8/30/11
I got one in today and it is a turd.
Here is a link to it.
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album285
I am extremely disappointed with it .The cosmetic flaws are unfortunate
but I could correct them however the feel and level is horrible. Putting
this one in a game would ruin the game play. Hopefully Mirco will make it
right but I have to wait two weeks before I find out I suppose. Hopefully
mine is just a dud and others are getting something better than this.
--
Christopher Hutchins
http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm

"James Lewis" <zr1...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Cleland

Aug 30, 2011, 8:24:19 PM8/30/11

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone on this. I too got mine yesterday and I was
very excited at first. But, upon inspection I have the same issues.
First the bubble wrap left little residual circles in the clear, and
it's not coming off with a simple wipe. Plus, much like Chris here, I
have the same milky dust in a couple of my inserts, and I can't stand
the black bleeding of the art where the roll overs are down by the sling
shots. For almost $900 I expected better. I hope I can get it resolved
too.

Kevin

High End Pins;1771981 Wrote:
> I got one in today and it is a turd.
> Here is a link to it.
> http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album285
> I am extremely disappointed with it .The cosmetic flaws are
> unfortunate
> but I could correct them however the feel and level is horrible.
> Putting
> this one in a game would ruin the game play. Hopefully Mirco will make
> it
> right but I have to wait two weeks before I find out I suppose.
> Hopefully
> mine is just a dud and others are getting something better than this.
> --
> Christopher Hutchins
> http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm
> http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php
>

> "James Lewis" <zr11990 (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote in message
> news:James.Lewis.4zb0bw (AT) gmail (DOT) com...

> > I got mine yesterday and it looks very nice. I ordered the ceramic
> and
> > it is flawless. It does have some little circles from the bubble wrap
> > but I assume they will come off with Novus.
> >

> > --
> > James Lewis
> > This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

--
Cleland

Cleland

Aug 30, 2011, 8:26:44 PM8/30/11

I think that was me that noted it first, and it's not coming off. It's
really only noticeable at the top and bottom of the playfield and not in
the center at all, but still unfortunate. There are other issues as
well, see my other post with the same results as Chris.

Kevin

Was it your post from the other day or maybe it was someone who
mentioned the exact same bubble wrap circles too? I don't remember if
they posted that they came off or not but I assume they come off pretty

easily.

--
Cleland

underlord

Aug 30, 2011, 9:37:39 PM8/30/11

Well, mine also has 3 black bleeds into the rollover switch areas, but
hardly like Chris's...My CC is actually quite even, as I also inspected
mine in an overhead light. My only gripe is the red could have been a
bit more, well, reddish; But not hot pink like Chris's...
He must've gotten the rainbow coalition version of TZ...

Submitted for your pleasure...(in a Gay-ish Rod Serling voice). :D

--Rick.

--
underlord

Cleland

Aug 30, 2011, 10:07:43 PM8/30/11

Here is a link to some pictures of mine. I think it's all pretty good,
but I cannot live with the dust trapped in the inserts and the black
edge bleed on the rollovers. I hope Mirco will replace or fix mine. I
thought that's why I paid extra for the "Ceramic/Dust Free" Option.

http://tinyurl.com/4yfslew
Kevin

--
Cleland

Cliffy

Aug 31, 2011, 12:24:42 AM8/31/11
On 8/30/2011 3:16 PM, James Lewis wrote:
> I got mine yesterday and it looks very nice. I ordered the ceramic and
> it is flawless. It does have some little circles from the bubble wrap
> but I assume they will come off with Novus.

Yep, yesterday but been out of town so haven't opened 'em yet. I expect
nothing but the best from Mirco *and* CPR and I'm never disappointed...
so far :)

--
Cliff -CARGPB2
Home of the world's finest pinball protectors!

NM

Aug 31, 2011, 1:08:33 AM8/31/11

Chris & Cleland:

If I'm not mistaken, both of your T-Birds appear pinkish vs. the correct
color of red, too.

Sure hope it works out for you all.

Regards,

Neil.

--
NM

Expat

Aug 31, 2011, 3:02:08 AM8/31/11
Report not abuse

Thank god I don't know any pin heads of this AH nit picky caliber

Go collect Faberge eggs or sumthin' this is PINBALL fer chrissakes....

Tim O

Aug 31, 2011, 6:51:20 AM8/31/11
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:02:08 -0700 (PDT), Expat
<tenbee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Thank god I don't know any pin heads of this AH nit picky caliber
>
>Go collect Faberge eggs or sumthin' this is PINBALL fer chrissakes....

Here is the problem I see with your philosophy...

The people that aren't picky would just continue to play the game with
a worn playfield. Mirco have to realize when they're making something
like this that they are catering to the maniacs (in a good way) that
expect perfection.

When you re-make something this high end, you don't do it half-assed.
The people that don't mind half-assed aren't buying anyway!

Eric A.

Aug 31, 2011, 9:10:17 AM8/31/11
On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 00:02:08 -0700 (PDT), Expat
<tenbee...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Seriously? Are you joking?

What do these guys have into the fields? 1K? They wouldn't be swapping
them if they didn't want perfection! They wouldn't be buying a dust
free version if they wanted dust.

Until you do a pf swap you have no idea how much work is involved.
Especially a TZ!

Eric A. (The true identity of a clown)
313-268-0541

Doriguin

Aug 31, 2011, 9:23:12 AM8/31/11

So, what's the verdict? Is it worth buying them now or should we hold
off until these errors are corrected?

--
Doriguin

Eric

Aug 31, 2011, 9:29:52 AM8/31/11

Maybe too early to ask...but I will anyway. What is the recourse if
paid thru Paypal?

My pf is arriving today.

Eric

Pacpin

Aug 31, 2011, 10:06:37 AM8/31/11

Eric;1772268 Wrote:
> On Aug 31, 9:23*am, Doriguin <dorig... (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:
> > So, what's the verdict? Is it worth buying them now or should we hold
> > off until these errors are corrected?
> >
> > --
> > Doriguin
> > This USENET post sent from *http://rgparchive.com

> Maybe too early to ask...but I will anyway. What is the recourse if
> paid thru Paypal?
>
> My pf is arriving today.
>
> Eric

30 days to file a paypal dispute, just like anything else.

--
Pacpin

Jesse Wilson

Aug 31, 2011, 10:13:47 AM8/31/11
Pacpin wrote:
> Eric;1772268 Wrote:
>> On Aug 31, 9:23*am, Doriguin<dorig... (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:
>>> So, what's the verdict? Is it worth buying them now or should we hold
>>> off until these errors are corrected?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Doriguin
>>> This USENET post sent from *http://rgparchive.com
>>
>> Maybe too early to ask...but I will anyway. What is the recourse if
>> paid thru Paypal?
>>
>> My pf is arriving today.
>>
>> Eric
>
> 30 days to file a paypal dispute, just like anything else.

Hopefully you'll try to work something out with Micro first just in case
he is willing to help in some way...... IF there is anything even wrong
with it.

Metahugh

Aug 31, 2011, 10:14:17 AM8/31/11

If its any consolation my Mirco AFM playfield had the bubble wrap
circles on it and they disappeared on their own after about a week.
This was right after receiving it and pulling it immediately out of
the packaging.

Hugh

High End Pins

Aug 31, 2011, 10:35:05 AM8/31/11
Unfortunately Mirco is on vacation and unable to respond to email until
9-11 so that is going to put any type of Paypal dispute in jeopardy
depending on when you paid.
I am not looking to bust the guy's balls I appreciate the effort but to
me sending out a product like this then going away and not responding to
email for 2 weeks is a bad combo because it is just going to get people
worked up that are having problems since they have no idea if there will be
any resolution and the clock is ticking on recourse..
If I would have been able to have some exchange with him about the
issues and could have gauged his willingness to work with me on it I would
not have put anything up here about it. Nothing is ever perfect that I can
accept but being left in the dark for 2 weeks sucks worse than the
issues themselves.

"Eric" <espi...@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message

Pacpin

Aug 31, 2011, 10:40:58 AM8/31/11

So i guess the real question is do all the playfields have the bleeding
ink issue, or is it only certain ones? Has anyone got a perfectly
flawless playfield from Micro? If every p/f is like that, they probably
won't do anything, if these blemishes are only found in a select few
playfields due to a legit printing error, then they might give you a
refund or crank out another one for you if you send it back. They can
always sell these as seconds and people would still buy them. So they
wouldn't be out too much money that way.

--
Pacpin

Pacpin

Aug 31, 2011, 10:43:54 AM8/31/11

High End Pins;1772301 Wrote:
> Unfortunately Mirco is on vacation and unable to respond to email
> until
> 9-11 so that is going to put any type of Paypal dispute in jeopardy
>
> depending on when you paid.
> I am not looking to bust the guy's balls I appreciate the effort but
> me sending out a product like this then going away and not responding
> email for 2 weeks is a bad combo because it is just going to get people
>
> worked up that are having problems since they have no idea if there
> will be
> any resolution and the clock is ticking on recourse..
> If I would have been able to have some exchange with him about the
> issues and could have gauged his willingness to work with me on it I
> would
> not have put anything up here about it. Nothing is ever perfect that I
> can
> accept but being left in the dark for 2 weeks sucks worse than the
> issues themselves.
>
> --
> Christopher Hutchins
> http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm
> http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php
> "Eric" <espiller (AT) columbus.rr (DOT) com> wrote in message
> news:d90e2b10-bfb8-4ab3-ac0a-bbbee09f825e (AT) n11g2000yqh.googlegroups
> (DOT) com...

> On Aug 31, 9:23 am, Doriguin <dorig... (AT) yahoo (DOT) com> wrote:
> > So, what's the verdict? Is it worth buying them now or should we hold
> > off until these errors are corrected?
> >
> > --
> > Doriguin
> > This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com
>
> Maybe too early to ask...but I will anyway. What is the recourse if
> paid thru Paypal?
>
> My pf is arriving today.
>
> Eric

I would at least begin the dispute process if it is getting close to the
30 day limit. You can always withdraw it if he makes good on it. I
know i've just heard of sellers (ebay mainly) who will try to string you
out long enough to where it's too late to file the claim and then they
dissappear. I'm sure Micro wouldn't do this, and i'm sure they'll do
their best to remedy the error, but if it were me, and even if i were in
communication with them to fix the situation, if the 30 day mark is
getting close, i'd just file the dispute anyway for my protection and
then withdraw it when the corrected playfield arrives.

--
Pacpin

James Lewis

Aug 31, 2011, 11:09:30 AM8/31/11

After you guys said something I noticed the bleeding on of the black on
the in/out lanes which sucks and my car is pink but I don't mind that as
colors differ on playfields. As far as getting any satisfaction in
returning a PF I think your screwed. When I bought my WH20 it was
horrible. It had vertical lines in the clear from top to bottom that
showed when the light hit it. I called Rick at BAA and he got Mirco to
send me another one but from what I have heard if you buy directly from
Mirco he wont do anything for you. Another bitch, turn your pf over and
look at the crappy ass way they cut out the lightning inserts on the
mini pf and the side the magnet well on mine cut through to the outside.
But as I have said, no PF is perfect, none.

--
James Lewis

Cleland

Aug 31, 2011, 12:52:32 PM8/31/11

Well I sent my money via paypal on Aug 16th, so I should be OK for the
30 day window. I will try to work it out with Mirco directly first and
hope he does the right thing. Another problem might be....did anybody
even get a playfield without the black edge bleeds? Are they all going
to be like that?
How can the dust insert problem be fixed or can it? To me these are
"Seconds playfields" not the $900 first runs. I don't think I'm being
too picky in asking for a cc'd playfield without dust in the inserts,
and edge bleed. I could live with it where the star posts would cover
it, but right on the rollovers, come on'. So anyone get theirs without
the black edge bleed?

Kevin

--
Cleland

Pacpin

Aug 31, 2011, 1:04:51 PM8/31/11

That's what i was wondering...if the black edge bleeds are on every one,
i doubt he'll issue any refunds.

--
Pacpin

John Wart, jr

Aug 31, 2011, 1:13:19 PM8/31/11
On 8/31/2011 1:04 PM, Pacpin wrote:
> That's what i was wondering...if the black edge bleeds are on every one,
> i doubt he'll issue any refunds.

It bled on mine.

High End Pins

Aug 31, 2011, 1:28:53 PM8/31/11
I think based on the responses and pictures others have put up that the
bleed is on all of them thus my best bet is just to go ahead and fix mine
and move on.I can't wait two weeks to see what his response will be and I
have heard that it is typically not accommodating.
I will continue to add pics to the album that I posted and everyone can
follow what it takes to get it in order. I will get that started later
this afternoon.

"Cleland" <kevinc...@mac.com> wrote in message

chuck

Aug 31, 2011, 1:32:55 PM8/31/11

Imagine the response if Stern sent out machines with playfield defects
like this...

Pinsational

Aug 31, 2011, 1:31:46 PM8/31/11
Out of curiosity, what is the general consensus on Mirco vs. CPR? I
bought a TZ mini-playfield from CPR, and I'm very happy with it.
Granted, I'm not a high-end restorer like Chris, but it seems really
well done to me.

John Wart, jr

Aug 31, 2011, 1:42:02 PM8/31/11
On 8/31/2011 1:28 PM, High End Pins wrote:
> I think based on the responses and pictures others have put up that the
> bleed is on all of them thus my best bet is just to go ahead and fix
> mine and move on.I can't wait two weeks to see what his response will be
> and I have heard that it is typically not accommodating.
> I will continue to add pics to the album that I posted and everyone can
> follow what it takes to get it in order. I will get that started later
> this afternoon.

What's unfortunate in my eyes is that people not only have defects, they
also paid $100 for a 'dust free' finish and 'ceramic' clearcoat that
won't matter if defects have to be fixed. The restorer will spray a
regular clearcoat, and work the dust out on their work. So, not only are
people stuck with a bill to fix the playfields, they also paid a premium
that will go down the drain.

So, the $900 playfield is now a $1500 playfield.

Cleland

Aug 31, 2011, 1:46:32 PM8/31/11

It looks like Christopher Hutchins is going to be very busy fixing TZ
playfields for the next few months:) Maybe bulk pricing?

tktlwyr

Aug 31, 2011, 1:54:56 PM8/31/11

And people are squawking when I ask $1,250 shipped for my PFR
playfield. I still have it, if anyone is interested.

Metahugh

Aug 31, 2011, 2:01:37 PM8/31/11
On Aug 31, 1:32 pm, chuck <ch...@clhess.com> wrote:
> Imagine the response if Stern sent out machines with playfield defects
> like this...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugh

chuck

Aug 31, 2011, 2:12:48 PM8/31/11
On Aug 31, 1:42 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com> wrote:

supposedly the ceramic clear is a pita to sand off.

Bryan Kelly

Aug 31, 2011, 2:20:11 PM8/31/11
That is really a kick in the nuts, Chris. It's not quite so bad if
the issues are only in the clear and that has to be redone, but when
you have the bleeding issues you've shown, that's unacceptable....at
least in my book. Sure, there's a lot of guys that will swap this
into their game and think nothing of it. But when guys like you, me
and others are doing a game for a customer who will have somewhere
near $10,000 invested in it, that particular playfield is not an
option.

I'm really glad you said something. I'm getting a TZ to restore
sometime tomorrow and simply took for granted I'd use a Mirco
playfield. Now, I'm not quite sure what to do.

Bryan (CARGPB 14)
http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

On Aug 31, 12:28 pm, "High End Pins" <chutchi...@carolina.rr.com>

Mike G

Aug 31, 2011, 2:26:55 PM8/31/11

"Item not as described" claim I believe. And Paypal are hard core for
the buyer. They will MAKE the seller make it right.

Mike G

Aug 31, 2011, 2:25:22 PM8/31/11
On Aug 31, 9:10 am, Eric A. <eavedes...@comcast.net> wrote:

True. I don't own one but I've played it and it's got TONS of gear on
it that I couldn't imagine having to tear down to do a replacement PF
with anything less than perfect.
Add in a touch of OCD and those flaws would rip at me everytime I
played the machine.

Adam Becker

Aug 31, 2011, 2:32:47 PM8/31/11
My Paypal says you have 45 days to file a complaint to resolve an
issue.

My TZ PF is waiting for me at home and I'm with everyone else, I can
look over some of the smaller issues, but color bleed is just
unacceptable.

Pacpin

Aug 31, 2011, 2:54:36 PM8/31/11

Then my question becomes, is there any quality control at Micro? Surely
someone looked over the playfields to make sure they were being printed
correctly before they ran the whole batch. And someone should've at
least looked over each one before going in the mail. So.....did he find
out about the bleeding and just sent them out hoping no one would notice
because he didn't want to delay it and rerun another large batch at his
expense, or was there no one over there looking over the playfields as
they came off the printer? Either way is unacceptable, but at least for
the latter, he could chalk up up to being an inexperienced businessman,
but if he just looked the other way on this, that is very bad.

--
Pacpin

Eric

Aug 31, 2011, 3:26:23 PM8/31/11

All this talk about touch ups...did anyone order a dust free Regular
clearcoat? I did and Micro said this was not available so I needed to
upgrade to Ceramic to get dust free.

Just wondering what happened with the regular dust free option.

Eric

--
Eric

NM

Aug 31, 2011, 3:46:09 PM8/31/11

Kind of surprising he's not watching this RGP chatter (since this is the
biggest market he serves) and checking his emails while on vacation.

But just to close up shop and have no contact with the outside world for
two weeks right after a major run?

:confused:

I recently listed some property with my Realtor while he was on Safari
in Zambia--and he was able to check his email and communicate with me
every 2-3 days.

--
NM

Taylorva

Aug 31, 2011, 4:50:50 PM8/31/11

Seeing the defects consistently mentioned here should answer the QC
question. I went through three AFM playfields before finally having the
third fixed and recleared. Total bs IMO and I wouldn't risk buying a
playfield from him sight unseen.

So far he has run three A titles and crapped out all three. I know some
are better than others but ALL have glaring issues. Time to cut the cord
and let someone else have a go.

--
Taylorva

alleycat pinball

Aug 31, 2011, 5:09:44 PM8/31/11
got my TZ playfield today, it has the bleed problem in the switch
lane areas

NM

Aug 31, 2011, 5:21:17 PM8/31/11

How were recent notable IPBs by comparison?

--
NM

Cleland

Aug 31, 2011, 5:27:07 PM8/31/11

Great, I have a feeling they are all like that and he's not going to
replace all of them. I still can't believe they could ship like that, I
mean that's kind of a huge flaw. I guess, I'll wait and see how
Christopher Hutchins fixes his and decide if I want to dump more money
into it to repair. Or, try and file a paypal claim...I'll wait until
Mirco is back from vacation and give him an opportunity to make it right
before I decide. Bummer, my AFM one is so nice, I thought this would be
a slam dunk.

Kevin

--
Cleland

Christopher Hutchins

Aug 31, 2011, 7:39:20 PM8/31/11
On Aug 31, 1:28 pm, "High End Pins" <chutchi...@carolina.rr.com>
wrote:

> I think  based on the responses and  pictures others have put up that the
> bleed is on all of them thus my best bet is just to go ahead and fix mine
> and move on.I can't wait two weeks to see what  his response will be and I
> have heard that  it is typically not accommodating.
>  I will  continue to add  pics to the album that I posted and  everyone can
> follow what it takes to  get  it in order. I will get that started later
> this afternoon.
>
> --
> Christopher Hutchinshttp://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htmhttp://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php"Cleland" <kevinclel...@mac.com> wrote in message

> > Well I sent my money via paypal on Aug 16th, so I should be OK for the
> > 30 day window.  I will try to work it out with Mirco directly first and
> > hope he does the right thing.  Another problem might be....did anybody
> > even get a playfield without the black edge bleeds?  Are they all going
> > to be like that?
> > How can the dust insert problem be fixed or can it?  To me these are
> > "Seconds playfields" not the $900 first runs. I don't think I'm being
> > too picky in asking for a cc'd playfield without dust in the inserts,
> > and edge bleed.  I could live with it where the star posts would cover
> > it, but right on the rollovers, come on'.  So anyone get theirs without
> > the black edge bleed?
>
> > Kevin
>
> > Pacpin;1772305 Wrote:
> >> So i guess the real question is do all the playfields have the bleeding
> >> ink issue, or is it only certain ones?  Has anyone got a perfectly
> >> flawless playfield from Micro?  If every p/f is like that, they probably
> >> won't do anything, if these blemishes are only found in a select few
> >> playfields due to a legit printing error, then they might give you a
> >> refund or crank out another one for you if you send it back.  They can
> >> always sell these as seconds and people would still buy them.  So they
> >> wouldn't be out too much money that way.
>
> > --
> > Cleland
> > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com- Hide quoted text -

Link is updated with the entire rework process to date which is
shaving it down,other discoveries,repaints,clearing etc
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album285

underlord

Aug 31, 2011, 8:13:19 PM8/31/11
On Aug 31, 7:39 pm, Christopher Hutchins <highendp...@windstream.net>
wrote:

> On Aug 31, 1:28 pm, "High End Pins" <chutchi...@carolina.rr.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I think  based on the responses and  pictures others have put up that the
> > bleed is on all of them thus my best bet is just to go ahead and fix mine
> > and move on.I can't wait two weeks to see what  his response will be and I
> > have heard that  it is typically not accommodating.
> >  I will  continue to add  pics to the album that I posted and  everyone can
> > follow what it takes to  get  it in order. I will get that started later
> > this afternoon.
>
> > --
> > Christopher Hutchinshttp://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htmhttp://christopherhutchins.com..."Cleland" <kevinclel...@mac.com> wrote in message

> > > Well I sent my money via paypal on Aug 16th, so I should be OK for the
> > > 30 day window.  I will try to work it out with Mirco directly first and
> > > hope he does the right thing.  Another problem might be....did anybody
> > > even get a playfield without the black edge bleeds?  Are they all going
> > > to be like that?
> > > How can the dust insert problem be fixed or can it?  To me these are
> > > "Seconds playfields" not the $900 first runs. I don't think I'm being
> > > too picky in asking for a cc'd playfield without dust in the inserts,
> > > and edge bleed.  I could live with it where the star posts would cover
> > > it, but right on the rollovers, come on'.  So anyone get theirs without
> > > the black edge bleed?
>
> > > Kevin

> > > --
> > > Cleland
> > > This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com-Hide quoted text -

> Link is updated with the  entire rework process to date which is
> shaving it down,other discoveries,repaints,clearing etc
>  http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album285
> Christopher Hutchinshttp://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htmhttp://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php

Goddammit Chris...Now my pf looks horrible in comparison. I truly
love to hate you sometimes...or is it hate to love you? :P

--Rick.

Cleland

Aug 31, 2011, 8:17:22 PM8/31/11

Wow, this is why you're the best in restoration. You did all this in
just one day?
What an improvement over the original, this is how they should have
shipped from Mirco. Thanks for the prompt link to the process...now
what's it gonna cost us all to fix these:)

Kevin

Rum-Z

Aug 31, 2011, 8:47:04 PM8/31/11
Great job Chris!

Jeff R.

NM

Aug 31, 2011, 9:09:49 PM8/31/11

Absolutely incredible work.

--
NM

Eric

Aug 31, 2011, 9:43:35 PM8/31/11

Chris- Very impressive improvement and quick too. Now where's my
sander?

Received my playfield tonight (UPS left on the porch) and the side of
the cardboard was split open. Glad the mini pf was taped on good or it
might have been lost in transit. Was surprised that the mini is a
couple plys thicker wood than the main playfield.

Mine also has switch bleed in the black otherwise is a big improvement
over the flipper drag on my original.

Eric

--
Eric

kruzman

Sep 1, 2011, 2:31:57 AM9/1/11
On Aug 30, 6:16 pm, James Lewis <zr11...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I got mine yesterday and it looks very nice. I ordered the ceramic and
> it is flawless. It does have some little circles from the bubble wrap
> but I assume they will come off with Novus.
>
> --
> James Lewis

> This USENET post sent from  http://rgparchive.com

Hi guys I haven't had time to read all of the posts, but I want to
share something. If it has been addressed, please forgive me.
Couple years back when I was just getting my shipping smooth, I
wrapped an uncured pf in bubble wrap. Well the circles dont come out.
I dont remember if my customer tried buffing, but I know he tried all
kinds of polish and elbo grease.
I had him ship it back, and I paid the shipping. I was embarrassed,
and very sorry. Point is.
THISE CIRCLES DONT COME OUT! THats why we wrap with paper first!
If anyone wants a new clear, or needs any touched up and cleared,
contact me for info. My turn around on clearcoats is 6-8 weeks.
Thanks, ron kruzman

High End Pins

Sep 1, 2011, 12:15:26 PM9/1/11

Thanks to everyone for the compliments.
I honestly don't have any desire to get bogged down with these
particular playfields.It is a very risky venture to shave them down as
flat as they are going to need to be to rework and be made into solid
players.IMO this is not going to be a job for the typical restorers out
there/ artist types it is a job for someone that really knows how to
straighten something not just make it look pretty.
When clear is gobbed on this thick it has to be skill fully removed and
if you don't know how to do that then you are just going to round it off all
over the place and make things worse in terms of game play and/or break
through into the art everywhere and have a lot of repaint ahead of you.
I wish everyone well that has these and anyone that takes on correcting
them but I doubt I am getting involved.Hopefully there are very few out
there that are as bad as the one I got was.
--
"Cleland" <kevinc...@mac.com> wrote in message

psk445

Sep 1, 2011, 12:25:41 PM9/1/11
Hey Chris, which version of the TZ did you purchase (normal, extra
clear, dust free ceramic?) I think Ron K. said it best about 6 months
ago if you are going to buy from Mirco it's best to buy the cheapest
version and then have the issues corrected (don't even bother with the
dust free ceramic.) I know it seems ridiculous but it’s the only
current solution we have at this time. Best idea would be for Mirco
to just sell regular playfield with ZERO clearcoat so that mistakes in
artwork, colors, dust, etc. can be corrected by the pros.

Besides, even though he put forward his best effort getting feedback
on the artwork for TZ, I have found about 2 other art mistakes
depending on if you were wanting a later production run versus an
early production run (e.g. the artwork that was present in early runs
that was eventually removed in later runs is still present on all of
Mirco's playfields.) Doubt anyone would really notice, but it's
there.

On Sep 1, 9:15 am, "High End Pins" <chutchi...@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the compliments.
>  I  honestly  don't have any desire to  get bogged down with these
> particular playfields.It is a very risky venture  to shave them  down as
> flat as they are going to need to be to  rework  and  be made into  solid
> players.IMO this is not going to be a job for the typical restorers out
> there/ artist types it is a job  for someone that really knows how to
> straighten something not just make it look pretty.
> When  clear is  gobbed on this thick it has to  be skill fully removed and
> if you don't know how to do that then you are just going to round it off all
> over the place and make things worse in terms of game play and/or  break
> through into the art everywhere and have a lot of repaint ahead of you.
>  I wish everyone well that  has these and  anyone that takes on correcting
> them but I doubt I am getting involved.Hopefully there are very few out
> there that are as bad as the one I got was.

James Lewis

Sep 1, 2011, 1:00:05 PM9/1/11

Rick ( BAA and PPB ) bought some of these PFs to resell. If you buy from
him he will make good if it is flawed or at least he did with my WH20
which was horrible. I was told thats the only reason I got another one
from Mirco.

--
James Lewis

James Lewis

Sep 1, 2011, 1:14:41 PM9/1/11

Wow Chris, I didn't realize how bad they actually were till you pointed
out all the issues. Thanks a lot. ;o)

High End Pins

Sep 1, 2011, 1:42:36 PM9/1/11
I just get the normal versions .The ceramic clear just adds to the
thickness and doubt. Wasn't setting out to trash Mircos efforts as I
rarely post my thoughts on here but in this case I was just offended he
would even ship me a playfield like that TZ then expect me to wait two
weeks for a response.

"psk445" <psk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

seymour.shabow

Sep 1, 2011, 2:08:50 PM9/1/11
High End Pins wrote:
> I just get the normal versions .The ceramic clear just adds to the
> thickness and doubt. Wasn't setting out to trash Mircos efforts as I
> rarely post my thoughts on here but in this case I was just offended
> he would even ship me a playfield like that TZ then expect me to wait
> two weeks for a response.

I'd always assume that any PF you're [as in HEP] putting into a game is
going to get recleared as well regardless of where it came from. Too
late on the trashing though if you post "I got a turd" there's really no
way to sugar coat that ;)

I agree with one of the other posters that said the playfields should be
offered in an uncleared state so that you can fix anything/put the clear
on you like - that should be an option from all the makers since there's
so many differing opinions of clear levels, game play etc.

I rechecked mine after the hullabaloo and I still don't see any of the
glue residue issue in the inserts which would have been the most serious
issue to me.

Also agree with whoever posted that the PF should get wrapped before
bubble wrap - mine doesn't have the bubble wrap imprints, but nice thick
paper or foam wrapping would have prevented that anyway. That thin
bubble wrap ain't gonna do nothing if the face of the PF takes a hit
it's not really providing any kind of cushioning.

James Lewis

Sep 1, 2011, 2:00:35 PM9/1/11

Do you think he looks at them and inspects them before he sends them
out. I would think he would have to especially the ones we paid extra
for for not having trash in the clear. I just have to think that he just
doesn't care if they are flawed. I ordered the ceramic clear against my
better judgment this time but if I ever order another PF from him Ill
ask for a uncleared one.

--
James Lewis

Metahugh

Sep 1, 2011, 2:33:32 PM9/1/11

The screened ink would be prone to scratching if no clear was put down
though. I think if there could be a really thin coat of clear on the
playfield just to protect the art that would be perfect. I think
anyone who is going to install a new playfield is going to want the
clearcoat right. Not counting missing art the actual screening
quality is pretty good with Mirco's fields based on the ones I have
had.

Hugh

Hugh

EZ SLEEZE E

Sep 1, 2011, 2:19:36 PM9/1/11
He won't sell un cleared playfields, I've tried for years. I'll be
swing by his set up next month and picking up a few hand picked.

EZ SLEEZE E

Sep 1, 2011, 2:17:46 PM9/1/11
He will not sell uncleared playfields, I've tried for years! I'm going
to try to swing by Mirco's next month and hand pick a few.

robertmee

Sep 1, 2011, 11:31:23 PM9/1/11

hugh;1773224 Wrote:

> The screened ink would be prone to scratching if no clear was put down
> though. I think if there could be a really thin coat of clear on the
> playfield just to protect the art that would be perfect. I think
> anyone who is going to install a new playfield is going to want the
> clearcoat right. Not counting missing art the actual screening
> quality is pretty good with Mirco's fields based on the ones I have
> had.
>
> Hugh
>
> Hugh

Why can't manufs just put a thin sheet of removable plastic or Mylar
similar to plastic sets on the PF to protect the screened art until such
time it is cc'd. Especially if the cc from Mirco is this terrible.

--
robertmee

Adam Becker

Sep 2, 2011, 10:14:27 AM9/2/11
So anyone else contacting Mirco about the issues?

I've got the same issues as everyone else, bleed in the wood areas and
Pink's instead of red. I could overlook the pink in the skill shot
area, but the big splash of what is supposed to be Red around the
words Twilight Zone being pink really kinda bugs me.

I asked for an exchange or refund, so we'll see if that goes
anywhere.

seymour.shabow

Sep 2, 2011, 10:26:43 AM9/2/11

I guess I should be glad I didn't have a Sun playfield in my machine as
I'd be complaining about the color choice too. Since I'm so used to the
pink-y magenta-y color the new PF looks "right" to me.

Really though if the dude is on vacation for 2 weeks I wouldn't expect
to hear anything back until that time period and them some has passed -
based on this shitstorm of a thread I'd expect 90% returns happening.

Adam Becker

Sep 2, 2011, 10:44:34 AM9/2/11

Yea I know I don't expect to hear anything for at least two weeks, but
figured I'd at least start the process and see if anyone else is doing
the same.

The biggest kick in the teeth for me is I had to pay an extra $125 for
taxes/brokerage to those fucking crooks UPS to deliver to the PF to me
so that money is gone no matter what :/

I just tell myself that money was for the Wh20 PF that I got delivered
at the same time. It's funny other then the color missing in the brim
of the hat on Wh20 that PF looks amazing, I don't know what changed in
the process between the two PF's :/

SDFpinhead

Sep 2, 2011, 10:50:51 AM9/2/11

Would someone post link to Micro's site. Thanks

--
SDFpinhead

Bryan Kelly

Sep 2, 2011, 11:12:12 AM9/2/11

Joseph 'Tony' Dziedzic

Sep 2, 2011, 3:54:57 PM9/2/11
That's an interesting idea. However, the obvious question is "Why can't
manufacturers produce quality playfields that don't require re-work?", since
I'd wager a large number of folks who buy playfields want them to arrive ready
for install.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article <robertme...@gmail.com>, robertmee <robe...@gmail.com>

Highclasspinballs

Sep 5, 2011, 6:50:50 AM9/5/11
Hello Everybody!

I'm still on vacation but I want to put in a short statement on this:

You do not have to worry about any money problems - if you want to get
the playfield shipped back you will get a full refund.

I have heard about many issues and problems some people see or have -
I will try to replay with short answers on most of them:

Bubble wrap affect the clearcoat: There might be some playfields
around which were packed too early so the wrap caused problems during
the curing. Some will come out alone, some might need some polish. If
the bubbles are still there please contact me and I will get on that
and replace the playfield if necessary.

Colors: There are so many discussions about the colors - I have had 5
TZ playfields here with colors from pink to blood red. Did anyone ever
thought about that no one cared in the past and that is the reason for
so many different colors in the original. I have tried to mix the
colors for a good looking mixture of all original playfields I had.
I'm sorry if you are not ok with that, but I had to decide the colors
sometime and there will never be a different coloring available.

By the way ---- no one lost a word about the absolute sharp printing,
especially in the color fade in the flipper area. I have never seen a
original with that good dots!

The bleeding of the black: I'm really sorry for that, but that is
caused by a special ink we needed to use. But if you are honest no one
will notice that on a installed playfield.

Just a short word to the clearcoat option normal dust free: the normal
clearcoat is not polishing to perfect ship, that's why I need to use
the ceramic for dust free. I did not know that before, so I had to
correct the option.

The clearcoat appears thicker as on the previous playfields - this is
caused by a special dimple reducing coat which is new on this
playfields.

In my opinion the TZ playfields are way better than all playfields I
have seen before - of course you will find small flaws on any product
if you want to find some.

Maybe you should think about who might be interested in getting my
playfields into bad light.... That is what happens here.

I will still be on vacation until the 12th of September and cannot
reply to the emails, but I will do that immediately when I'm back.

Have a good time!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Best regards,
Mirco Steffen

Fa. System-Technik
Martinihof 14
30455 Hannover
Tel.: 0511/499131
Fax: 0511/4733609
Ust ID: DE164013861
eMail: sa...@highclasspinballs.com
Web: www.highclasspinballs.com

Sam

Sep 5, 2011, 11:23:41 PM9/5/11
I wouldn't mind gatting a new TZ pf but obviously, I have concerns and
questions.

1) If the black ink bleed is due to the ink, then why is it just
bleeding at the cutouts? Is this something that is going to be the
case going forward?

2) There's complaints that the clearcoat is uneven all over the pf.
It wasn't explained as to why and how it may be addressed.

3) i don't get who is trying to put you in bad light. I see
complaints from customers. I don't see IPB or CPR or PP saying
anything about you. It kinda scares me to think that I could blow
nearly 1k on a pf that has issues. I am kinda picky. If I wasn't, I
wouldn't want to replace a pf and do a pf swap. It'll be great if you
can explain how the issues be be remediated in the future runs.

Please don't take my questions the wrong way, I want nothing but
success for you and that you'll be able to make reproductions for a
long time.

Thanks

seymour.shabow

Sep 5, 2011, 11:47:01 PM9/5/11
Sam wrote:
> I wouldn't mind gatting a new TZ pf but obviously, I have concerns and
> questions.
>
> 1) If the black ink bleed is due to the ink, then why is it just
> bleeding at the cutouts? Is this something that is going to be the
> case going forward?

I'd say it's because the screen comes right up to/slightly over the
slot's chamfer. Bet when he made test prints he didn't allow for the
chamfer in there so when printing the actual PF, some of the ink ran down.

If he'd cut the slot (for some reason) AFTER screening, no one would
even know this had happened.

Pacpin

Sep 6, 2011, 9:01:45 AM9/6/11

So it sounds like the only people he's willing to give a replacement
playfield to are the ones with the bubble wrap issue, am i reading that
right? Because he says the bleeding cannot be fixed, nor can the color
issue or the clearing issue. So when you do send your playfield back,
you are just going to get another one with those other nonfixable
problems.

--
Pacpin

Doriguin

Sep 6, 2011, 9:44:40 AM9/6/11

Would it be better to just get my regular playfield redone? It would
certainly be cheaper...

--
Doriguin

seymour.shabow

Sep 6, 2011, 9:57:30 AM9/6/11
Doriguin wrote:
> Would it be better to just get my regular playfield redone? It would
> certainly be cheaper...

Original is usually preferable to most people IMO. Depending on what
needs to be done to it though it won't be cheaper, proper PF repair,
touchup and clearcoat isn't "cheap".

Any fool can spray clear. It is a talent to spray clear properly.

Metahugh

Sep 6, 2011, 9:53:10 AM9/6/11

Ain't that the truth :) (Not referring to Mirco)

Hugh

Cleland

Sep 6, 2011, 1:20:12 PM9/6/11
I'm going to request a full refund and send mine back. It sounds like
that's what he's offering for those that are not satisfied with the
minor mistakes that won't be corrected.

So, if I can't get a playfield with no color bleed, no dust in the
inserts, and the correct red color then I might as well restore my
original.

Lesson learned.

Doriguin

Sep 6, 2011, 2:49:54 PM9/6/11

I would be fine if the color was a little off, but with the bleeding and
dust issue, it's not worth the cost at all.

--
Doriguin

Pacpin

Sep 6, 2011, 3:06:08 PM9/6/11

Cleland;1776256 Wrote:
> I'm going to request a full refund and send mine back. It sounds like
> that's what he's offering for those that are not satisfied with the
> minor mistakes that won't be corrected.
>
> So, if I can't get a playfield with no color bleed, no dust in the
> inserts, and the correct red color then I might as well restore my
> original.
>
> Lesson learned.

If he's giving a full refund including the initial shipping price as
well as paying for return shipping, then it's a no-brainer. If he won't
cover shipping and people are still having to eat a few hundred on this,
it would make me rethink how bad the issues are at that point.

It still sounds like (by reading his post) that he was aware of at least
the color bleeding problems before shipping them off and still decided
to do so. A quick email to buyers explaining what a few minor issues
were could have probably saved him alot of greif and money, instead of
just shipping them out hoping 'no one would notice or care'.

Jeff Gillooly

Sep 7, 2011, 12:41:07 AM9/7/11
Good luck getting your money back! Vacation and he can't get to
emails? Where does he for vacation Mars? Sounds more like he's running
the time limit out on paypal. Box those playfields up and send them
back ASAP.

snargs

Sep 7, 2011, 3:50:43 PM9/7/11
I got the regular version..

I have pictures.. it's super nice and no dust.. the reds match my old
playfield ... I was on the fence, and now I'll buy an AFM when they
get done. The one insert's font isn't a 100% match.. but I can live
with that. I'll now have a great looking and great playing TZ.

Jeff Gillooly

Sep 7, 2011, 4:13:55 PM9/7/11
Lets see the one of the few that's "Super Nice"! Bet you're missing
the flaws.

Doriguin

Sep 7, 2011, 4:39:45 PM9/7/11

Who refurbishes playfields here? I’m looking at getting mine redone
since I already have it taken apart. What are the preparations that need
to be done before sending it off? Also, how do you send it off?

jayhawkai

Sep 7, 2011, 4:42:54 PM9/7/11

Doriguin;1776993 Wrote:
> Who refurbishes playfields here? I�m looking at getting mine redone
> since I already have it taken apart. What are the preparations that need
> to be done before sending it off? Also, how do you send it off?

I wonder if there's a website that compares playfield restoration
work...

--
jayhawkai

snargs

Sep 7, 2011, 5:04:55 PM9/7/11
On Sep 7, 4:13 pm, Jeff Gillooly <sternpinballsu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lets see the one of the few that's "Super Nice"! Bet you're missing
> the flaws.

Okay, what do you want me to take pictures of? I'll post them once I
get home tonight.. The red on the three TZs that are local to me
matches my red gradient by the logo.. there are some small color
variations here and there .. maybe by 2-3% but nothing even close to
what was being said. I don’t have any dust in the clear coat. I’m
sure I can pick it apart, but heck I’m just happy to have a nice pf.
As for the clear coating.. it’s level and thick.. not sure what else I
could want.

I’m happy, I have a great looking and great playing playfield. I
can’t comment on other’s playfields because I haven’t seen them and
don’t own the other versions that Micro made. I have the original
Lower and Upper …

Oh and he has stated that he was going on vacation for the last few
weeks. so nothing ne wthere. He’s been nothing but beyond fair to me
and always replied.

Once again.. these are my first hand experiences and it’s all I can
comment on. I would hate to see him stop making playfields over this,
I can’t make playfields.. I don’t think many people can.. so I’m happy
that he is, and I can only comment on MY PF (The one that I bought and
was delivered to my house) which I’m more then happy with…

snargs

Sep 8, 2011, 1:48:24 PM9/8/11
After going through a list provided I did find a few flaws. The red
on the Santa and on the lighting bolts isn’t a 100% correct match. I
don’t have any of the dust, inserts being cracked or scratched before
clear coating, or dust in the inserts issues. The playfield doesn’t
have router problems but it does have two post holes with bleeding
issues. I did the light test and couldn’t find any issues with the
clear coat and also had it checked out by a good friend that has a
body shop down here. So I’m not 100% sure but the clear coat seems to
be fine, or good enough that I’ll never be able to tell a difference.

I’m not upset about the red issue, because the fade down by the logo
looks just like the original TZ playfield. The Santa is a lighter
red, but I can live with that. I have seen some of the bad
playfields. I would have been ashamed of sending those bad ones I saw
to paying customers, but in fairness I have also seen pictures of
people who got really nice playfields and two playfields that alot
better then mine besides the Red Santa..

Cleland

Sep 21, 2011, 12:28:53 PM9/21/11
Just for public record and to finish this thread off, I was refunded
my entire amount including shipping back to NY...no questions asked.
So, while the playfields might not have been the best at least the
customer service was top notch.

Kevin