Re: Johns Jukes selling stolen Pinball Games

Message has been deleted

Cliffy

Oct 22, 2004, 6:59:15 PM10/22/04
Bingo.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Bill Morrison

Oct 23, 2004, 12:38:42 AM10/23/04
gov...@yahoo.com (the gov) wrote in message news:<34f853d3.04102...@posting.google.com>...
> [...]
>
> i have spoken to all of the major pinball dealers in the Vancouver
> area and more than one of them have confirmed that Johnson brags about
> having over four dozen games of this era, still brand new in their
> boxes. if you ask john's jukes where the games come from, they won't
> tell you. the same man who owned the bankrupt company with all the
> missing assets has all of these assets in his other business. what a
> marvelous coinsidence! of course, even after twenty years, Johnson
> can't just pop up and start selling his brand-new-but-decades-old
> games. he has to find somebody else to do the "dirty work", to avoid
> getting caught. could you imagine what would happen if the owner of a
> Ferrari dealership that went bankrupt in the 80s and had lots of
> 'missing' assets started selling off brand new Ferraris that had been
> lost in time for 20 years? he'd be in jail in no time. i should note
> that I have learned that Johnson sells stuff on ebay all the time.
> his ebay id is gamesterbc. but still he doesn't sell these games
> himself. why?
>
> of course, the answer is that he would get caught righ away. instead,
> he takes them to John's Jukes. john pretends to "find" (wording from
> John's Jukes' website) one brand new in the box 20 year old game after
> another and sells them for Johnson. does he really think that people
> will believe that of all of the people in the world, john is able to
> 'find' brand new 20 year old games time after time? no doubt he makes
> a tidy profit too. the problem is that these games don't belong to
> Dale Johnson or to John's Jukes. and this is not just a few hundred
> dollars worth of assets that were stolen. these games are selling for
> many thousands of dollars. apparently they are now collectors items.
> who is profiting form this? john's Jukes and Johnson. who is being
> harmed -- those who were owed money by Dale distributing.
>
> there may be people out there who think i am making this whole story
> up. to those people, i say do a google search for the british
> columbia courts website. do a search for 'pinball' or 'dale johnson'
> and look at the court records that come up (you can do this for free).
> you will find court records that will verify what i am saying here.
> want more proof? look at the auction 6126027662 for the road champion
> game. even though john's jukes has tried to hide it in the picture,
> you can see the stacks of board games beside the box. they didn't
> even bother to take it out of the warehouse of Games People PLay
> before they took the photo?!
>
> also, look at all of the decades old but still brand new games on
> john's Jukes site. there are loads of them. they all come from Dale
> Johnson. this is wrong and must be stopped.
>
> hopefully John's jukes will realize that what is being done is wrong
> and stop taking part in auctioining these stolen games, or at least
> remove teh "Better Business Bureau" logo from his website if he

Call me I have land in Africa to sell.

Bill

Chuck Hess

Oct 23, 2004, 12:53:41 AM10/23/04
John,

Send me an email

Ch...@digitalsystemsgroup.com

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:10:02 GMT, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
wrote:

>Suffice it to say that this is totally libelous and I SHALL prosecute
>once I have positively identified the individual involved.
>
>John Robertson
>President
>John's Jukes Ltd.
>Vancouver, BC
>Canada
>604-872-5757
>(fax 604-872-2010 if you have evidence to assist us in this process.)

>On 21 Oct 2004 13:20:06 -0700, gov...@yahoo.com (the gov) wrote:
>
>>right now, John's Jukes in canada is selling numerous brand new
>>pinball machines and video games that are over two decades old. does
>>anybody out there wonder how he can find so many of these things still
>>brand new in their boxes? why would somebody hide these very valuable
>>items for decades and only sell them now? the answer is that these
>>are stolen games. in the early 1980's, a company that distributed
>>these games in vancouver went bankrupt. this company was called Dale
>>Distributing Limited. when the company was liquidated, a great deal
>>of the assets went "missing". as a result, the people and companies
>>that were owed money by Dale Distributing Limited only got a small
>>portion of what they were actually owed. these games (that have now
>>been mysteriously "found" by John's Jukes), are of course the missing
>>assets from Dale Distributing Limited. the owner of Dale Distributing
>>Limited, whose name is Dale Johnson, also owned another company called
>>Games People Play. this company is still alive in Gastown, British
>>Columbia (a suburb of Vancouver). Games People Play specializes in
>>selling old and hard to find board games and other stuff. if you go
>>in and ask, the employees will tell you that the owner, dale Johnson,
>>has dozens of brand new video games and pinballs, still brand new in
>>the box!

> (Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
> John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
> Call (604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
> www.flippers.com
> "Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."

Chuck Hess

Oct 23, 2004, 1:08:51 AM10/23/04
Home computer $2,000.00

Shaw cable modem - $50 month

Access to Google - free

Not knowing how to mask your ip address when posting an anonymous
message - Priceless

I hope you have some proof to back up your statements.......

Jason G

Oct 23, 2004, 1:57:27 AM10/23/04
Meh;

I hate to keep "bumping" this thread, but its obvious the guy is a
crank. Probably just wants to try and get a deal on a sweet NIB game,
and is trying to "scare" other buyers away.

Good luck on finding out who this is, but even better luck in finding
neat (if out of my price range) games for us to oogle.

Woz

Oct 23, 2004, 2:29:58 AM10/23/04

<Chuck Hess> wrote in message
> Home computer $2,000.00

Jeez, where do you buy your home computers - you can get cheapos for
<$500??!

Woz

Ray Johnson - Action Pinball

Oct 23, 2004, 1:34:55 PM10/23/04
"Bill Morrison" wrote:
> Call me I have land in Africa to sell.
>
> Bill

Will you take a Nigerian check? ;)

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Robert

Oct 24, 2004, 12:23:37 AM10/24/04
Wouldnt it be kind of hard to hide tons of NIB games if they were
stolen? Seems like the real owner could track them down somehow, Its
not like diamond theft where you put it in your as* and leave the
country?

xlr8

Oct 24, 2004, 6:13:18 AM10/24/04
I think that depends on the size of your as*!!!
If your butt is the size of an airplane hanger, you're set - 'course buying
jeans would be a bit difficult....

"Robert" <bom...@comcast.net> wrote in message

josh

Oct 24, 2004, 6:50:07 AM10/24/04
THis kinda crap makes me sick. Ever since i've started posting on rgp
back in '98 I think, nearly all the old school dealers/etc. who have
provided lots of free tech help and advice have been scared off
because of this kiddy crap, whether it's from a stranger or somebody
who had bad Cheerios. I say we slander everybody back and forth, call
everybody child molester chain saw carrying psycho killers and just
make a day out of it and get it over with.

John is one of the few who's stuck with rgp and replied regularly to
tech requests although he runs a business too and is probably quite
busy. Not to mention, he provided the mega rare quarter and dollar
Williams coin plate repros that NOBODY else had which are always
bleached and cracked.

For some reason the videogame arcade and marketplace newsgroups are
straight up tech advice and stuff for sale. So, what happened here?

Josh
http://www.joshkaplan.com, home of Pinball Central

HARRY

Oct 24, 2004, 11:27:30 AM10/24/04
> For some reason the videogame arcade and marketplace newsgroups are
> straight up tech advice and stuff for sale. So, what happened here?

i agree with you, it is disappointing. but TRUST me, although i like
reading the 2 RGVAC/M newsgroups - they also have plenty of idiots
posting each day. i guess you have to learn what to read, and what to
skip. H

Randy P.

Oct 24, 2004, 11:41:54 AM10/24/04
The accusation was that they were "stolen" by the owner in order to avoid
losing them to creditors.

It remains a mystery where they came from or how many more there are in the
cache.

Randy

"Robert" <bom...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Darin Jacobs

Oct 24, 2004, 1:14:41 PM10/24/04
jo...@joshkaplan.com (josh) wrote in message news:<5483b912.04102...@posting.google.com>...

> For some reason the videogame arcade and marketplace newsgroups are
> straight up tech advice and stuff for sale. So, what happened here?
>
> Josh
> http://www.joshkaplan.com, home of Pinball Central

Actually I think its the other way around. RGP seems to be the lesser
of the 2 when it comes to bashing.

I hope John finds this jerk and gets him.

Lloyd Olson

Oct 24, 2004, 3:48:35 PM10/24/04
You are kidding right ? I pretty much gave up over there a long time ago. You
can't offer tech help or free parts without getting a load of crap. Lloyd

"josh" <jo...@joshkaplan.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Kirb

Oct 25, 2004, 9:40:14 AM10/25/04
> So the jealous people who can't afford it in turn, hate John and of
> course everyone hates me ...

No one hates you as a person, only as a self serving jackass who
thinks he is right in everything he says. Your last group of opinions
(wait! I mean fact) never proved true, why should we even give you one
shred of slack now?

> and those people who are jealous in turn try and find unsuspecting
> people who mean well and "steal" their pins ... or overcharge them for
> service help .... or in this case make up ABSURD stories to try and
> scare people into not bidding for the pin ..

Wow, you managed to pick out about 2% of the pinball population. I
don't know who you hang with, but the pinball people I know are a much
better crowd.

> If we want to make this thing grow, we should ENCOURAGE the reporting
> of unethical behavior in the business to this board ... Talk openly
> about people OVERCHARGING for pin servicing and trying to trick people
> out of their best pins

You keep focusing on this. Sounds like you have a problem with
someone. Why don't you quit beating your drum and spill the beans
already?

> My opinions as always ..

....That you claim as fact...
Kirb

Steve

Oct 25, 2004, 4:06:34 PM10/25/04
Ditto that.

I was fortunate enough to have bought out a warehouse a while back and I
gave a truckload of stuff away -- or -- tried to at least.
Interestingly, in the video hobby beggars apparently *can* be choosers.

I'd say that in the video hobby, 85% are the scum of the earth and 15%
are the good aces that are in it for the love of it. I've washed my
hands of it almost entirely.

"Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote in

the gov

JB

Oct 21, 2004, 6:29:14 PM10/21/04
So have you called the police, or don't they have that in Canada?

"the gov" <gov...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Charlie

Oct 21, 2004, 7:28:21 PM10/21/04
I think it would be the Mounties.....
Remove "antispam" to respond

Co-Founder of the South Florida Arcade and Pinball Expo (SFL-APE)
December 4 & 5, 2004 in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Please visit www.sflape.com

Mark Hooks

Oct 21, 2004, 9:22:02 PM10/21/04
Yeah, Dudley Doright would haul him in in a heartbeat.

"Charlie" <nfli...@aol.comantispam> wrote in message

bogart

Oct 21, 2004, 10:35:02 PM10/21/04
If any of this is true, call the authorities. If not, go away. There are
avenues to explore if your claims have any merit. Smearing people in a
newsgroup will get you nowhere.

bogart

84insulation<SPAM>

Oct 21, 2004, 10:49:01 PM10/21/04
Do you have their number????
I'd LOVE a brand new Firepower!!!!

David Gersic

Oct 21, 2004, 11:20:12 PM10/21/04
On 21 Oct 2004 13:20:06 -0700, the gov <gov...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> right now, John's Jukes in canada is selling numerous brand new
> pinball machines and video games that are over two decades old.

You are making some very serious allegations here. IF (and that's
a big if) your allegations are true, then you should be talking
to the police and / or legal council about this. If this Dale Johnson
owes or owed you money, then you should be pursuing him to the fullest
extent of Canadian law.

On the other hand, if you cannot prove your allegations, I hope that
John pursues YOU to the fullest extent of Canadian law for whatever your
equivilent of slander / defamation is.

If you're just trolling, well, John's been here a long time. You appear
to be new, using a likely brand new Yahoo account to hide behind, while
he posts with his real name and contact information and has for well
over ten years. That says something.

> anybody out there wonder how he can find so many of these things still
> brand new in their boxes? why would somebody hide these very valuable
> items for decades and only sell them now? the answer is that these
> are stolen games.

An interesting leap of logic there. Just because they're old, they
must be stolen? Can you PROVE that they were stolen? Ie: do you have
paperwork, documentation, pictures, or other proof that they are or
were owned by this Dale Distributing company? Do you have proof that
John's Jukes didn't buy them, sit on them, find them under the couch
cusions, or otherwise acquire them legally?

> these games in vancouver went bankrupt. this company was called Dale
> Distributing Limited. when the company was liquidated, a great deal
> of the assets went "missing".

That would be a matter for the bankruptcy court and / or the police. I
assume that the creditors of Dale Distributing wanted their money, so
any "missing" assetts should have been accounted for at that time.
Maybe you need better lawyers. If I were a creditor, owed thousands of
dollars, and a business had thousands of dollars worth of missing
assets, I'd be sure to get myself a good lawyer and find out where the
missing assets went missing to.

> selling old and hard to find board games and other stuff. if you go
> in and ask, the employees will tell you that the owner, dale Johnson,
> has dozens of brand new video games and pinballs, still brand new in
> the box!

Even assuming that this is true, how does that prove "theft"? It's
equally reasonable to assume that Mr. Johnson BOUGHT these games,
possibly even from his own business, and has been sitting on them ever
since. I would assume that your courts and lawyers are smart enough to
have looked at Mr. Johnson's books and records during the bankruptcy and
would have either noticed tens of thousands of dollars of assets missing,
or would have been able to see what was purchased (legally) and by
whom. Since you're presenting no evidence here, just making wild
accusations, I'll assume that you have no evidence to produce.

> i have spoken to all of the major pinball dealers in the Vancouver
> area and more than one of them have confirmed that Johnson brags about
> having over four dozen games of this era, still brand new in their
> boxes.

Fine. I have several dozen items in my house, of various ages, that are
still in their boxes. That does not prove that any of my items are
stolen. Nor does your logic prove that Mr. Johnson "stole" any of the
games he may or may not have (you haven't proven that, either, by the
way).

> if you ask john's jukes where the games come from, they won't
> tell you.

Why should they? You have not shown that you have any right to the
information. Perhaps they're buying them, one at a time, from a source
that they wish to protect to keep somebody (YOU) from swooping in and
buying out from under them. Or they may be selling on consignment,
which is also entirely legal, and wish to protect the consignee. Or
maybe you've just annoyed them and they see no reason to talk to you
at all.

> the same man who owned the bankrupt company with all the
> missing assets has all of these assets in his other business.

So your courts, lawyers, and police are inneffective and unable to track
down thousands of pounds and hundreds of cubic feet of assets, and
you're hoping that a post to Usenet will somehow help? If Mr. Johnson
owes you money, and you suspect that you can recover it from him because
you've found assets that are rightfully owned by a company that was
liquidated that you are (were) a creditor of, you should contact your
lawyer, and the local police, and go collect what is yours. I suspect
that they'll want to see some proof, but should be happy to help you.

> there may be people out there who think i am making this whole story
> up.

Yep. So far, you've tossed out lots of claims and allegations, but shown
no proof. Since I've known John a lot longer than I've known you, I'm
willing to believe that you're making this up. Show us the proof and
maybe we'll believe you.

--
| David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
| The program is absolutely right; so the computer must be wrong. |

Wil

Oct 21, 2004, 11:29:19 PM10/21/04
Odds are, the statute of limitations has probably already expired, hence the
delay in game sales. Unless all the allegations are false. It is a very nice
story and fills in some holes...Since I'm not going to pay 4k or better for an
early 80s pin, it doesnt concern me...

Wil

josh

Oct 21, 2004, 11:41:49 PM10/21/04
Would this be the same Dale Johnson from Canada who sells mint
original rare pin flyers regularly on Ebay at fair prices and ships
out promptly, exactly as advertised and promptly answers emails? Oh,
right, never deal with this guy?;)
Don't listen to this, whatever. Dale is on the level, great seller
all the way and I would not hesitate to deal with again!

Josh
http://www.joshkaplan.com, home of Pinball Central

Steve

Oct 21, 2004, 11:44:43 PM10/21/04
I normally just lurk around here, but *this* made me *have* to say
something. I'm not trolling, I'm just irritated.

#1: nice allegations, given that you won't use your real name to post
#2: I've been a customer of flippers.com for quite some time -- I have
trouble believing that he's caught up in a scam like you described
#3: *if* it's true, and these machines were selling for $200 apiece, I
bet there wouldn't be any bitching at all -- at the listed prices,
they'd be selling for roughly what they cost new. The dollar was worth
a lot more back then -- some scam, "waiting for stuff to become valuable
to collectors." The *real* money would have been in getting those
things out the door earning money for those past 20 years.
#4: *if* it's true, all I have to say is "It's been over 20 years. The
statute of limitations is 7 years. Get over it"

And finally, I went to the website and examined a bunch of stuff that's
"new old stock" and "over 20 years old." Upon examining the photos, I
found a shipping label on one of the boxes that *isn't* all covered with
dust, dirt and grime that one would expect from something stored in a
warehouse for 20+ years (but the box is). The label looks new.

On it, it says:

Consigned to: Jantzen International Ltd
Address: P.O. Box 66229
Town: Chicago, IL 60666
Country: E.E. UU.
Sent by: SEA

The sender is also shown, it's someplace in Spain (there's an address
*and* phone number).

Could this stuff just be reimported? Maaaaaybe...

Now, having said all that, for all I know, the story you related *could*
be true (I don't care enough to bother researching it). But, unless you
have *proof* (and even if you do), howzabout shutting the hell up?
That, or use your *real* name in the posting so that if the accusations
are unfounded, John or Dale can sue you for libel.

I'd *love* to own the Black Knight pin, Computer Space, and the Robotron
cocktail -- alas, they're out of my price range.

Back to lurking.

Steve

gov...@yahoo.com (the gov) wrote in news:34f853d3.0410211220.6ef49ac4
@posting.google.com:

David Gersic

Oct 22, 2004, 12:44:00 AM10/22/04
On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:29:19 -0400, Wil <subd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Odds are, the statute of limitations has probably already expired, hence the
> delay in game sales.

That's possible. If so, then this guy should have gotten his butt in
gear long ago and gotten what was his. I guess he didn't care enough
about his money to collect on the debt.

--
| David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
| Experiments should be reproducable - they should all fail the same way. |

Jason G

Oct 22, 2004, 12:53:25 AM10/22/04
Heh;

we have police in Canada, but the courts are another matter. True
story: A Vancouver teacher was just convicted of "violently raping"
one of his 15 year old students.

His punishment: 1 year "jail" time at home (plus the loss of his
career etc...). We have lots of police, but our judges are ignorant
pricks.

The_Black_Knight

Oct 22, 2004, 1:45:37 AM10/22/04
You have got to be fucking kidding me.
John Robertson selling "stolen property" as a front man?
Go get a life, he has been around pinball longer than most.

--
"The_Black_Knight"

The Washington State Pinball Stronghold
"A Fortress Protecting the Silver Ball"

www.geocities.com/pinball_jack

John Wart, jr

Oct 22, 2004, 2:35:31 AM10/22/04
I think someone started posting similar info the last time John was selling
one of these.

Seems like a waste of time to me, if he has proof, there's a legal way to go
that might return something for the labor, or he can moan about it on a
newsgroup.... hard choice, isn't it?

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com
"David Gersic" <dgersic_@_niu.edu> wrote in message

Kirb

Oct 22, 2004, 8:50:02 AM10/22/04

#1- nice story, too bad you have no proof.
#2- nice way to hide behind a fake RGP name
#3- Only a moron could go bankrupt before 1983 routing video games.
#4- Don't slam a decent RGP guy and expect to get a lot of support
here.
#5- Get off your ass and get the police involved. Can you EVER sell
stolen property even if the seller is beyond any limitation on a
crime?
#6- crawl back under your rock.

Kirb

Ray Johnson - Action Pinball

Oct 22, 2004, 12:21:40 PM10/22/04
"David Gersic" wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:29:19 -0400, Wil <subd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Odds are, the statute of limitations has probably already expired, hence
the
> > delay in game sales.
>
> That's possible. If so, then this guy should have gotten his butt in
> gear long ago and gotten what was his. I guess he didn't care enough
> about his money to collect on the debt.

That's my take, too. If something like this really did happen, then someone
dropped the ball somewhere along the way in the past (cops, victims,
whatever). In any case, it's spilled milk.

John R. is a stand-up guy in my book. The "anonymous rant" is interesting
and plausible, but doesn't sway my opinion either direction.

Ray J.
--
Action Pinball & Amusement, LLC
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Web: www.actionpinball.com

Ray Johnson - Action Pinball

Oct 22, 2004, 12:23:41 PM10/22/04
"Kirb" wrote:
> #3- Only a moron could go bankrupt before 1983 routing video games.

Ha ha- that's a *very* good point!

Josh A.

Oct 22, 2004, 1:52:44 PM10/22/04

John Wart, jr wrote:

> I think someone started posting similar info the last time John was
selling
> one of these.

They did. Last time, it was "The Truth." This time, it's "The Gov,"
but he sounds like the same schizophrenic to me though.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&safe=off&th=998a7e1a823c192b&rnum=2
- Josh A.

John Robertson

Oct 22, 2004, 3:10:02 PM10/22/04
Suffice it to say that this is totally libelous and I SHALL prosecute
once I have positively identified the individual involved.

John Robertson
President
John's Jukes Ltd.
Vancouver, BC
Canada
604-872-5757
(fax 604-872-2010 if you have evidence to assist us in this process.)

On 21 Oct 2004 13:20:06 -0700, gov...@yahoo.com (the gov) wrote:

>right now, John's Jukes in canada is selling numerous brand new
>pinball machines and video games that are over two decades old. does
>anybody out there wonder how he can find so many of these things still
>brand new in their boxes? why would somebody hide these very valuable
>items for decades and only sell them now? the answer is that these
>are stolen games. in the early 1980's, a company that distributed
>these games in vancouver went bankrupt. this company was called Dale
>Distributing Limited. when the company was liquidated, a great deal
>of the assets went "missing". as a result, the people and companies
>that were owed money by Dale Distributing Limited only got a small
>portion of what they were actually owed. these games (that have now
>been mysteriously "found" by John's Jukes), are of course the missing
>assets from Dale Distributing Limited. the owner of Dale Distributing
>Limited, whose name is Dale Johnson, also owned another company called
>Games People Play. this company is still alive in Gastown, British
>Columbia (a suburb of Vancouver). Games People Play specializes in
>selling old and hard to find board games and other stuff. if you go
>in and ask, the employees will tell you that the owner, dale Johnson,
>has dozens of brand new video games and pinballs, still brand new in
>the box!

(Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)
www.flippers.com

someotherguy

Oct 22, 2004, 5:33:25 PM10/22/04
Check the message headers and have the authorities contact his ISP to find out
who he is.

Richard

sprou...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 6:40:45 PM2/12/17
WOW I just read this post. I had dealings with Dale Johnson back in the 80s. I designed and manufactured the best tablehockey game in the world. We shipped him 29 games worth more than 50 thousand dollars and never got a nickel and the games went missing. I really hope you get this message. Please call Rick in Saskatchewan 306-764-3024. I stumbled on this by googling Best of Seven Tablehockey, that was my game. Thank you.

Coyttl Coyote

Feb 12, 2017, 8:23:24 PM2/12/17
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 6:40:45 PM UTC-5, sprou...@gmail.com wrote:
> WOW I just read this post. I had dealings with Dale Johnson back in the 80s. I designed and manufactured the best tablehockey game in the world. We shipped him 29 games worth more than 50 thousand dollars and never got a nickel and the games went missing. I really hope you get this message. Please call Rick in Saskatchewan 306-764-3024. I stumbled on this by googling Best of Seven Tablehockey, that was my game. Thank you.

.. You replied to a message that was thirteen years old. Seriously.

Pin Del

Feb 12, 2017, 11:06:30 PM2/12/17
I think 13 years is now the new RGP Record for the oldest post brought back up .

BS at that !

sprou...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 11:37:25 PM2/12/17
BS at that. How much money do you have and would you like to bet. I will give you my phone number if you like. I have a story, a story of a 50 thousand dollars of best of seven tablehockey games going missing after he went broke.
29 games were shipped to him and we did not get any back. I just found this post, had to respond. I can confirm this story with facts. Now how about that bet?

sprou...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 11:39:09 PM2/12/17

sprou...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 11:46:53 PM2/12/17
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 7:23:24 PM UTC-6, Coyttl Coyote wrote:
Very serious. I found this by google search for the games people in Gastown. I met him when I was in Vancouver marketing the game. He was a character, actually spent a lot of time with him. I was curious on where he was and sorry to hear he passed, kind of liked him, even though I got shafted.Young and stupid we shipped 29 games to him and then he was bankrupt like weeks later. We made every effort to get the games back. Check out Best of Seven tablehockey.

sprou...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2017, 11:58:07 PM2/12/17
I have no idea where the games went. We were told the games were in the banks possession and we were one of many creditors to be paid but we were a long way from the top of the list. We could not get the games back and they were no where to be found. I am not accusing anyone just stating the facts. He went broke, they kept the games and I never got a nickel....those are the facts, the true facts.

Pin Del

Feb 13, 2017, 2:52:53 AM2/13/17
Well, I guess the "Fact" is, YOU have a problem with a Dale Johnson, Since you have no idea where the table hockeys went .
This IS a Pinball News-Group, So try a different group.

seymour.shabow

Feb 13, 2017, 10:20:53 AM2/13/17
sprou...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> .. You replied to a message that was thirteen years old.
>>> Seriously.
>> I think 13 years is now the new RGP Record for the oldest post
>> brought back up .
>>
>> BS at that !

> BS at that. How much money do you have and would you like to bet. I
> will give you my phone number if you like. I have a story, a story of
> a 50 thousand dollars of best of seven tablehockey games going
> missing after he went broke. 29 games were shipped to him and we did
> not get any back. I just found this post, had to respond. I can
> confirm this story with facts. Now how about that bet?

I bet that's a good story. But, you responded to a 13 year old message
to someone that looked like they were a troll back then. Sounds like
they were accusing John's Jukes of selling questionably obtained
bankrupt assets.

Here's what people that have REAL facts do - they contact the
authorities. No doubt you have all of your serial numbers to those
games - a precocious 3 year old child could match the shapes of those
numbers from one game to another.

Why don't you give John's Jukes a call and ask him if he has any of your
missing stuff? Pretty sure his reputation would not be worth sullying
over some old materials. If it did, it would be a simple matter for you
to follow legal channels and have an investigation opened since you are
the wronged party, or hire a PI and have them do some digging.

Oh, since this is an extremely low traffic newsgroup at this time, you
should take that original message you found and post it over at
pinside.com - that's where all the people who were here back then went
to. Maybe someone knows the guy who posted the message, or that guy is
over there now. This newsgroup just exists for poor lowly people like
us that can't afford new-fangled computers with graphics cards and
internet speeds over 28.8k.

kah...@yahoo.com

Feb 13, 2017, 12:20:21 PM2/13/17
On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 7:20:53 AM UTC-8, seymour-shabow wrote:
> This newsgroup just exists for poor lowly people like
> us that can't afford new-fangled computers with graphics cards and
> internet speeds over 28.8k.

Whaddya mean? I just upgraded to a 286 with 16 color VGA with 8K video RAM onboard! And my US Robotics 14.4k V.34 FaxModem screams. Pinside, here I come.

homebrood

Feb 13, 2017, 12:54:27 PM2/13/17
Too bad it's too late, the Statue of Limitations was already sculpted to commemorate this crime that they got away with!

sprou...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2017, 4:06:10 PM2/13/17
I never once accused John of anything. I simply stated I had dealings with Dale Distributing and they went broke. The games went missing. I was told I was in a long line of creditors and those games even though were not paid for were now the property of the receivership. I was young and after that episode it pretty much finished me. I will call John, maybe he knows something. I just found the post very interesting because I had heard this story from a few people. This was a long time ago and I am doing quite well, water under the bridge. Bottom line is 29 beautiful Best of Seven tablehockey games went somewhere and I never could find out, kind of gave up after awhile. Don't mean to sound like a nutbar to you guys, I am just responding to the post that got my attention. Hopefully with my truthful reply you can understand why I would. Yes it was a great time and I have stories, that is just one of them throughout that time. thanks, have a good day.

Pins4Fun

Feb 14, 2017, 12:18:18 AM2/14/17
On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 10:20:53 AM UTC-5, seymour-shabow wrote:

> I bet that's a good story. But, you responded to a 13 year old message
> to someone that looked like they were a troll back then. Sounds like
> they were accusing John's Jukes of selling questionably obtained
> bankrupt assets.
>
> Here's what people that have REAL facts do - they contact the
> authorities. No doubt you have all of your serial numbers to those
> games - a precocious 3 year old child could match the shapes of those
> numbers from one game to another.
>
> Why don't you give John's Jukes a call and ask him if he has any of your
> missing stuff? Pretty sure his reputation would not be worth sullying
> over some old materials. If it did, it would be a simple matter for you
> to follow legal channels and have an investigation opened since you are
> the wronged party, or hire a PI and have them do some digging.
>
> Oh, since this is an extremely low traffic newsgroup at this time, you
> should take that original message you found and post it over at
> pinside.com - that's where all the people who were here back then went
> to. Maybe someone knows the guy who posted the message, or that guy is
> over there now. This newsgroup just exists for poor lowly people like
> us that can't afford new-fangled computers with graphics cards and
> internet speeds over 28.8k.

Thank you.

John Robertson

Feb 14, 2017, 3:10:18 AM2/14/17
I'm coming in a bit late to these posts, (I'm John of John's Jukes Ltd.)
and all I can tell you about my dealings with Dale was I was selling his
arcade games. I had nothing to do with his non-coin operated games, and
other stuff: board games, comic books, plastic models, etc. I do not
recall seeing any Best of Seven games, and they do not show up on my
list of seven floors of coin operated games that we had found in the
Gastown warehouse.

I will be in the shop tomorrow and look forward to your call. Perhaps I
can help a bit, but as I had nothing to do with his sales or the final
liquidation of his assets there won't be much I can do. however I am
interested in hearing about the Best of Seven games as I have heard them
mentioned over the years and would like to know the history.

John :-#)#
604-872-5757 (Pacific Coast Time)
John's Jukes Ltd
www.flippers.com

rsm...@rogers.com

Feb 14, 2017, 6:52:17 AM2/14/17
On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 00:10:08 -0800, John Robertson <sp...@flippers.com>
wrote:
Nice reply, John.

--- Rob

John Robertson

Feb 14, 2017, 1:50:47 PM2/14/17
On 2017/02/12 8:58 PM, sprou...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, February 12, 2017 at 5:40:45 PM UTC-6, sprou...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Thursday, October 21, 2004 at 2:20:06 PM UTC-6, the gov wrote:
... (old story, long since explained)

>> WOW I just read this post. I had dealings with Dale Johnson back in the 80s. I designed and manufactured the best tablehockey game in the world. We shipped him 29 games worth more than 50 thousand dollars and never got a nickel and the games went missing. I really hope you get this message. Please call Rick in Saskatchewan 306-764-3024. I stumbled on this by googling Best of Seven Tablehockey, that was my game. Thank you.
>
> I have no idea where the games went. We were told the games were in the banks possession and we were one of many creditors to be paid but we were a long way from the top of the list. We could not get the games back and they were no where to be found. I am not accusing anyone just stating the facts. He went broke, they kept the games and I never got a nickel....those are the facts, the true facts.

Hi Rick,

I just tried phoning you, but no answer and was unable to leave a
message due to the answering system asking me for a password. You may
want to check that...

John :-#)#

sprou...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2017, 4:58:12 PM2/14/17
Thanks for the message John. It was good talking to you today. Maybe in May I will look you up if the wife and I go thru there. Hang on to those parts. Maybe you will have pity on me and sell them cheap. Take it easy. Thanks for the reply. If you learn anything thru the grapevine, please let me know.
Rick Sproull....Best of Seven table hockey founder.
" Scored Lately?"