RBION: "Believe it or Not feature"?

Hunty

Aug 7, 2010, 1:02:24 AM8/7/10
On IPDB, RBION lists a "Believe it or Not feature", which sounds like
it lets novice players collect awards early, and lets pro players
delay awards to make them worth more, or something. However, I haven't
seen any mention of it in Pinball News's in-depth review of the game,
or in any gameplay videos, or IPDB reviews.

Can someone tell me more about this feature and how it works? thanks!

mr tobias

Aug 7, 2010, 5:13:22 AM8/7/10

I don't think this feature was ever fully implemented.

Pinball Life

Aug 7, 2010, 8:09:47 AM8/7/10

I agree. There is something very unfinished about the whote "amazing
event"/"believe it or not" features. They seem to do almost nothing.
I think an amazing event is collected from the scoop by hitting it 3
times when it is not lit for anything else. The amazing event you
collect is whatever one is lit on the little panel on the playfield
back board. I'm not sure what changes the event that's lit, probably
just the upper pop bumpers or something.
Terry.

Hunty

Aug 7, 2010, 1:18:16 PM8/7/10

Huh, OK. I was thinking the same thing, but this Pinball News
interview with Pat Lawlor mentions it like it's some big revolutionary
feature:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/nascar/index3.html

(search the article for "Ripley")