Metahugh

Jun 11, 2011, 11:58:34 PM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 11:07 pm, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> Okay, listen up.  I have been getting my Craig's list ad's deleted 5-7
> times a day.  For some reason, i thought it was TaylorVA because he
> lives near me and i thought he did not want me selling and buying
> pinballs near him.  The story i said about him and
> that i was going to buy a pinball from him and when i got there it was
> messed up, etc... was NOT TRUE. Sorry Taylor. I have never been on
> this site before and i don't think it is for me.

And you knew Taylor did it how exactly? Anyone can flag any ad on
any Craigslist site. You will never know who is flagging your ads.
There are quite a few pinball retailers in the area and plenty of
collectors. Plus it takes more than one person to flag an ad off CL.
You might as well get used to the flagging because it happens to
everyone that posts on CL in the Richmond area and after this episode
I can absolutely guarantee it will never stop.

All you have accomplished here is to alienate yourself from everyone
else in the Richmond area and trust me word travels very fast, both
about you and your business. Its too bad that you felt that coming on
here and bashing someone who did absolutely nothing wrong would solve
anything. Lying and making up stories like this is about as low as
it goes and displays nothing but insecurity and untrustworthiness.

What's funniest of all is you chose to bash someone who puts nothing
but the highest level of care and attention to his pins; your story
had *absolutely* no basis in reality. Taylor doesn't have one single
game that looks like it fell off a truck, I laughed the hardest I had
ever laughed at that comment. Games that have had hundreds of hours
poured into them *EACH* do NOT equate games that look like what you
described.

If someone you know was insinuating that Taylor was responsible maybe
you might want to re-evaluate who your friends are.

Hugh

Taylor-VA

Jun 12, 2011, 12:34:12 AM6/12/11
I must say that opening this post today and seeing my name dragged
through the mud really stung.

Here is the irony.

I saw Robert's ad on CL and realized he lived literally two blocks
away. I of course email him because having another pinhead so close
would be great. I invite him over to play my games.

While at my house and in previous conversations he mentions his
frustration with the flagging. I give him my opinion which is that it
is the brick and mortar guys and leave it at that. We play pinball and
leave under the auspice of getting together again.

Robert is selling his NASCAR pin, using the same Icemon on RGP and
text, calls me regarding it. I don't return the calls or text. in all
honesty I was a little sketched as he had signed text to me using
different names. I have kids and sketchiness and I don't get along. I
probably should have responded.

And now we come to today....

Open this thread and read this shit. Wow, wtf?

Of course I do my research and low and behold the IP address is that
of the guy I had in my house not a week and a half ago. Personally I
find this disturbing. I am not sure who advised him as to this course
of action but slandering someone online is a pretty serious thing to
do. I am not talking about subjective criticism of the quality of a
game or a bad buyer/seller experience but blatant lies being made up
to smear a name.

I contact Robert as soon as I nail the IP address to his email account
and ask..WTF?

He explains to me that someone suggested that I was the one flagging
his post. Whose idea it was to smear me I don't know.

This sucked. This whole fucking day sucked because someone decided to
run my name through the mud.

I am not sure where this leaves me.

I enjoy this hobby and have met some excellent people. I have opened
my door on many occasions to fellow pinheads looking for a game and
while I have had disagreements with some I have always enjoyed the
hobby.

I am not, nor have ever been, in this for money. I rarely sell games
and have never seen the hobby as anything but.
I don't care if people do it just isn't my thing. My friends can
attest, I have my games I fix them up and play them. I do have a love
and hate with some of my games but they are mine. I restore my games
to the nicest player quality you will find.

This is not worth it to me.

I enjoy this hobby and will keep on doing what I do but I don't think
this stuff is worth it.

I'm going to take a bit of a break here for a while.

My games are always set to free play, friends welcomed.

Lloyd Olson

Jun 12, 2011, 12:38:58 AM6/12/11
I am truly sorry this happened to you.

I hope you have a better tomorrow my friend !
LTG :)

"Taylor-VA" <taylo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Taylor-VA

Jun 12, 2011, 12:47:47 AM6/12/11
Lloyd, I will. It is my 5 yr olds b-day party.

Pinball < 5 yr old b-day parties. :)

Hope Stern never makes a Justin Bieber pin, it would have to be my
first NIB purchase.

phishrace

Jun 12, 2011, 1:05:49 AM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 9:34 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not sure where this leaves me.

Don't sweat it. His bad seller post was lame and his apology was even
worse. I feel the exact same way about folks who use multiple handles.
It's weak. I use an alias here, but I've had it for 10+ years and I
use the same handle everywhere. Thanks for the heads up on this guy.

Add me to the list of folks that have had a successful transaction
with Taylor. Thanks again Taylor. The package arrived on time and
exactly as described.

-phish

Half Life

Jun 12, 2011, 1:31:12 AM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 11:34 am, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> Don't buy from this guy.. TAYLOR VA... He is a ripe off artist.

Total BS! I've purchased two games from him and they are exactly as
described. He graciously opened his house to a bunch of the VA folks
to play some pinball. He takes great pride in his restoration work
and his machines show it. The next time you want to disparage someone
you really ought to spend some time getting your facts straight.

Crawl back under your rock, troll.

Rob T

Jun 12, 2011, 3:00:17 AM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 9:34 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is unbelievable!

Putting myself in your position, I really have a hard time even
thinking about how angry it would make me. Truly amazing. To think
that this was someone that you opened your home to and let play your
pins, only to have them intentionally defame you like this. My blood
would be boiling to say the least. I'll say this for him though:
Karma is a bitch.

Hang in there Taylor. I too can attest to your character since you
sent me a Cliffy protector for my AFM free of charge! Don't let this
situation prevent you from posting here and elsewhere if it is
something that you enjoy..

Ignus Fast

Jun 12, 2011, 3:01:28 AM6/12/11
Don't let stupid shit like this get you down.

Compared to the number of relatively normal people who use this group day-in and day-out, there is a small segment (handful of people, if that) who are completely socially retarded and only want to use others as a punching bag. Since they're complete and utter pussies, they do it on the internet instead of in real-life. They probably grew up torturing small animals and beating up smaller kids.

It's amazing to me just how much effort the douche-bags put into dicking over other people. It's almost like they get off on it. As well they might - though who knows how, or even if, these fucktards get off.

Don't let the assholes win.

wolftownjeff

Jun 12, 2011, 7:28:34 AM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 11:07 pm, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> On Jun 11, 4:57 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I know who posted this. Next time they may want to hide their IP
> > address. Small world.

> Okay, listen up.  I have been getting my Craig's list ad's deleted 5-7
> times a day.  For some reason, i thought it was TaylorVA because he
> lives near me and i thought he did not want me selling and buying
> pinballs near him.  The story i said about him and
> that i was going to buy a pinball from him and when i got there it was
> messed up, etc... was NOT TRUE. Sorry Taylor. I have never been on
> this site before and i don't think it is for me.

The guy lets you in his house to play pinball and you fuck him???
You are a piece of SHIT!

Hoov

Jun 12, 2011, 9:30:39 AM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 11:34 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not worth it to me.
>
> I enjoy this hobby and will keep on doing what I do but I don't think
> this stuff is worth it.
>
> I'm going to take a bit of a break here for a while.

No need to take a break from RGP. You have everyone's support here.
This could happen to anyone - not your fault. Just put it behind
you. We need people like you to contribute - that's what makes it
great!

Dave

highe...@windstream.net

Jun 12, 2011, 9:46:02 AM6/12/11

Don't give it too much consideration Taylor. Unfortunately your
hospitality worked against you this time but you just have to shake it
off.
For the record Taylor is one of the most solid guys I have ever known
in this hobby/business.Anytime I am up in his area I always stop in
for a beer and play a few games.His games look great,they play great
and I never hesitate to deal with him on any level.

Christopher Hutchins
http://www.highendpins.com/about_us.htm
http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/albums.php

William Brower

Jun 12, 2011, 10:06:22 AM6/12/11

Wow!, That's all I can say is Wow.

Taylor, I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Like others have
mentioned, it's all about karma, and he'll get his. Some people just
don't get it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHoci2Wjs0

And this was his first post here on RGP. He will miss out on the great
things this group has to offer. There are so many really cool people
here too. I guess it was good to let us know early, what kind of
person he really is. Life has it's strange ways of letting us know who
is good or bad, but it's sad that it takes hurting someone to let us
find out.

Just look at the warm reception the Doug got with his "I'm new to the
hobby" post. This just goes to so us there are more good people here
than bad.

Have fun at your daughter's fifth Birthday Party. Wish her a Happy
Birthday from all of us here at RGP.

And please don't wish for a Justin Bieber pin, that would really suck.
I believe that stern is watching and might take actions on your
request for one :)

Have a great day, and keep your head up.

Bill

Message has been deleted

NM

Jun 12, 2011, 10:26:57 AM6/12/11
Taylor welcomes a local guy into his home in the spirit of pin
brotherhood with complete hospitality and runs into this paranoid
psycho.

I see his user ID is Pinballm...@verizon.net--and I believe you
mentioned his name is Robert and also posts under Icemon; and that
he's a pin flipper who runs CL ads somewhere in VA?

Might be a good idea to post his full name and CL city to help get
the
word out of who to never buy from.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Taylor.

Regards,

Neil.

Taylor-VA

Jun 12, 2011, 10:33:19 AM6/12/11
just an FYI, this guy has a NASCAR FS on the group under the name
Icemon. It was how I linked the IP address to him.

I just want want to say that I appreciate the backing I have from this
group and my friends,

For those that think slandering someone online is a joke they should
read up on the law. While trolling is fun for some people there is a
point that it crosses the line. Stating on opinion, I.e., "his games
look like crap" or any subjective criticism is generally not looked
upon as slander. Once someone actually makes up a story such as what
was done in this thread the line has been crossed. VA law is very
clear on this.

The internet is written in pen folks, think before you hit that send
button.

Metahugh

Jun 12, 2011, 11:18:55 AM6/12/11

He is running a place called Dalebrook Pinball from my own
investigation.

http://dalebrookpinball.yolasite.com/

Hugh

yzfguy

Jun 12, 2011, 12:06:25 PM6/12/11

yzfguy

Jun 12, 2011, 12:07:11 PM6/12/11
On Jun 12, 11:18 am, Metahugh <metah...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Lol at thw "such a simple wrist" quote on his site!

Lloyd Olson

Jun 12, 2011, 1:56:57 PM6/12/11
And we'll miss out on all the great things he has to offer.

"William Brower" <jerkyma...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

Jun 12, 2011, 1:58:06 PM6/12/11
I hate when people sugar coat stuff. LTG :)

"wolftownjeff" <jeffre...@gmail.com> wrote in message

AFM_TZ

Jun 12, 2011, 2:10:26 PM6/12/11

Taylor,

I am not reading what is behind the dispute / going back to read old
posts - not worth my time.

What i did glance over and see was that you are going to stop posting
around here? Why? I like reading your stuff. Stay on board!!

Joe Grenuk

Jun 12, 2011, 7:29:38 PM6/12/11
Taylor, why take a break from here because of this? The guy is a dick;
he demonstrated that quite expertly. No one here took his bait,
instead they jumped his ass, and defended yours. Screw him.

Joe

Rompen

Jun 12, 2011, 8:11:00 PM6/12/11

A lot of good people in this industry are being scared away. It's a
shame.

pinfan

Jun 12, 2011, 8:15:10 PM6/12/11
On Jun 12, 12:34 am, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:

THIS IS CASE IN POINT: The internet gives many people powers they
thought they never had (and assumedly don't deserve).
Taylor, Dont worry buddy ,,,, seems to be the verdict is that your
name is GOOD here.

This is way too much drama!

Chad Keller

Jun 12, 2011, 8:23:43 PM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 11:34 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:

I saw this post and it was obvious it was someone without a clue
posting about you. Anytime I see a new account set up to slander
someone I pay no attention. The real mainstays on RGP know you are a
stand up guy so don't worry about the clowns ; )

Chris Hibler

Jun 12, 2011, 8:29:07 PM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 10:34 am, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> Don't buy from this guy.. TAYLOR VA... He is a ripe off artist.

Dude. Get a clue. Taylor is a standup guy. You must not be around here
much.
--
Chris Hibler

Ron Lyons

Jun 13, 2011, 12:30:27 AM6/13/11
On Jun 12, 1:58 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> I hate when people sugar coat stuff.  LTG :)
>
> "wolftownjeff" <jeffreyhgr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > The guy lets you in his house to play pinball and you fuck him???
> > You are a piece of SHIT!- Hide quoted text -

I know, right Lloyd? I wish this guy would just tell us how he REALLY
feels.

Craig Tiano

Jun 13, 2011, 7:31:04 AM6/13/11
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 07:33:19 -0700 (PDT), Taylor-VA
<taylo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>For those that think slandering someone online is a joke they should
>read up on the law. While trolling is fun for some people there is a
>point that it crosses the line. Stating on opinion, I.e., "his games
>look like crap" or any subjective criticism is generally not looked
>upon as slander. Once someone actually makes up a story such as what
>was done in this thread the line has been crossed. VA law is very
>clear on this.

You're thinking "libel". Libel is where something the writer knows is
untrue is written to intentionally defame someone. "Slander" is where
he spreads it around by telling people verbally. The intent to harm is
the key part of winning any libel or slander case.

Until a few years ago, there were no successful libel-on-the-internet
cases. The numerous cases of cyberbulling by pre-teens and teens
changed that by defining for the courts that the internet is just a
worldwide bulletin board that never forgets. One recognized as
equivilent to a newspaper in terms of reach, it became easier for
people to sue for libel based upon malicious postings.

Craig

Britt.in.VA

Jun 13, 2011, 9:10:04 AM6/13/11
On Jun 11, 11:07 pm, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> On Jun 11, 4:57 pm, Taylor-VA <taylorv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I know who posted this. Next time they may want to hide their IP
> > address. Small world.
>
> Okay, listen up.  I have been getting my Craig's list ad's deleted 5-7
> times a day.  For some reason, i thought it was TaylorVA because he
> lives near me and i thought he did not want me selling and buying
> pinballs near him.  The story i said about him and
> that i was going to buy a pinball from him and when i got there it was
> messed up, etc... was NOT TRUE. Sorry Taylor. I have never been on
> this site before and i don't think it is for me.

UNBELIEVABLE! Even more unbelievable that Taylor let you in his home
to play his awesome pin collection and this is how you act. You sir,
suck.

Taylor is one of the most stand up people I've met in this hobby, and
has helped me out a million times, without asking for anything in
return.

And you're damn right it's Taylor's friends sticking up for him,
because we KNOW what type of person he is.

One more thing, Taylor selling his WH20 for 2400?? LOL, times three.

pinba...@verizon.net

Jun 11, 2011, 11:34:26 AM6/11/11

polishedball

Jun 11, 2011, 12:04:38 PM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 11:34 am, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> Don't buy from this guy.. TAYLOR VA... He is a ripe off artist.

that is convincing, you may want to better express the story...

captkirk

Jun 11, 2011, 12:08:21 PM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 11:34 am, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> Don't buy from this guy.. TAYLOR VA... He is a ripe off artist.

How "ripe" is he :-)

He has lots of good comments on this group, mine included. Did you
try and work it our with him?

captkirk

smlhrrs

Jun 11, 2011, 12:12:22 PM6/11/11

I call bs on this one. Taylor VA is a stand up guy.

Hoov

Jun 11, 2011, 12:19:01 PM6/11/11
1st post?

Sounds like a troll to me...............Dave

Robinva

Jun 11, 2011, 12:25:12 PM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 11:34 am, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> Don't buy from this guy.. TAYLOR VA... He is a ripe off artist.

This guy is wondering why his dick smells like Westcoastss's shit.

`•Starfighter••

Jun 11, 2011, 12:34:44 PM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 10:34 am, pinballm...@verizon.net wrote:
> Don't buy from this guy.. TAYLOR VA... He is a ripe off artist.

Did he steal your English book?

CEG

Jun 11, 2011, 12:36:40 PM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 12:19 pm, Hoov <1oldairyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1st post?
>
> Sounds like a troll to me...............Dave

Sounds to me like he's not man enough to use his real account to post.

CEG

Jun 11, 2011, 12:39:35 PM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 12:20 pm, Cody Chun <phoenixsun...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 11, 12:19 pm, Hoov <1oldairyb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > 1st post?
>
> > Sounds like a troll to me...............Dave
>
> Start feeding the troll. ;)

Sounds like someone pissed in your wheaties.

Nothing wrong with OT posts..

Gregg

Jun 11, 2011, 12:45:33 PM6/11/11
In article
<58418c0a-5535-4949...@z37g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>,
smlhrrs <sml...@aol.com> wrote:

I agree completely, Taylor is a good one.

--
Gregg in Baltimore

pinba...@verizon.net

Jun 11, 2011, 2:46:23 PM6/11/11

Don't want to get to involved in the story but when you say you have a
game for sale, and the condition is B E A utiful and I go there and it
looks like it just fell out the back of a truck, do i need to say
more.
Sorry for the spelling, he is a "rip off artist" For all you guys
that are saying he is a good guy, do you really know him personally
and are friends! I am just letting you guys know so you will not
waste your
time. Driving 6 hours up and back sucks...w/ no machine..

Taylor-VA

Jun 11, 2011, 3:23:26 PM6/11/11
I have no games for sale, nor has anyone cone to purchase a game.

Please email me directly if someone represented themselves as me so I
can deal with this.

EZ E

Jun 11, 2011, 3:58:09 PM6/11/11
Aren't you selling a White Water for $2400? Huggy bear says that the
word on the street. E

Taylor-VA

Jun 11, 2011, 4:15:40 PM6/11/11
As stated, none of my games are for sale.

RotaryRex

Jun 11, 2011, 4:36:16 PM6/11/11
Another fake account westcostss, first cody chun (note with one n) now
this one.

07harleywg

Jun 11, 2011, 4:42:03 PM6/11/11

Oh, man that was a good one Robinva.

strohz

Jun 11, 2011, 4:44:24 PM6/11/11
What crap, you besmirch a guy and don't provide any details? I've
seen Taylor's collection and all his machines *are* beauftiful!
Either he's got the wrong guy or just causing trouble as Taylor is a
great guy to deal with...

-- Ed

Taylor-VA

Jun 11, 2011, 4:57:11 PM6/11/11

Ignus Fast

Jun 11, 2011, 7:50:20 PM6/11/11
Not as much a small world as a small mind.

pinba...@verizon.net

Jun 11, 2011, 11:07:53 PM6/11/11