50,000

Lloyd Olson

Apr 6, 2011, 6:06:17 PM4/6/11
Did you ever wonder what you would post for your fifty thousandth post ?

Thank the founders of RGP. Thank all the wonderful people you've met here.
Thank all those that continue to make RGP special and why I've always been
proud of being a tiny part of it.

Be thankful that I've tried to help promote and support pinball, where ever
I could.

Or would you consider your responsibilities to your loved ones, and what is
really important, and how pinball has been an important part of all of us.

And it brings me to what I would post, were I ever to make it to 50,000.

I would hope we cherish those we love, that we would cherish the moment. And
enjoy each and every second of our lives.

I would post Beester's tribute to his Wife Katie. It pretty much sums up how
rich we are in blessings, hopes, and dreams. Come and enjoy a game of Sittin
Pretty with me now. And know that all is right with the world. LTG :)

...a wave of inner peace, never experienced previously and not until
yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed my "little world", that
night in the summer of 1979.

My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation,
manipulating a silver ball on a machine that seemed to dwarf her, which
she insisted we buy on our meager newlwed income. That alluring glow of
the lighted backglass, that alluring glow of happiness on my beloved
Katie's face...EVERYTHING was right with the world, that night in the
summer of 1979...

...a wave of grief, never experienced previously, swept across my soul
as I surveyed my "crumbling world", that night in the summer of 1986.

My beloved Katie, to me, unquestionably our maker's finest creation,
trying to manipulate a silver ball on that same machine that always
dwarfed her, herself "propped up" by a makeshift "gizmo", not only
majestically battling the "high score demons", but bravely fighting off
the silent killer racking her body. My beloved Katie's last game was on
that night, in the summer of 1986. She GOT the high score! (She knew, I
think, that her best friend, this crazy guy that tried everything to
hide the grief in his eyes, this man who said "I DO" and who tried to be
every bit as strong as she, was periodically manually advancing the
100,000 points unit.

...a wave of inner peace, yesterday, swept across my soul as I surveyed
my "world".

My beloved Kathy, to me, unquestionably her mother's finest creation,
manipulating a silver ball on a machine that dwarfs her, smiling and
snickering, and looking every bit like my beloved Katie.

My beloved Katie lives on, through the unbreakable high score, through
one of the many pride's of my life, our daughter, and through a woodrail
pinball game called Sittin' Pretty, which has a magical power to
transport me back to that night in 1979, when all seemed right with the
world.

Beester

TyEdit

Apr 6, 2011, 6:13:14 PM4/6/11
Thank YOU Lloyd!

Ty

TBK

Apr 6, 2011, 6:40:17 PM4/6/11

Brings tears to my eyes every time I read that, thanks Lloyd!

~Ron R
These initials coming to a pin near you >>> TBK=The Biggest Kid
SD Pinball Club, OC Pinball League, RGP League
~ Proud user of the "Glare Guard" by www.WrongCrowdProductions.com ~

Corvette Bob

Apr 6, 2011, 6:50:52 PM4/6/11
Thanks Lloyd,
For all those replies you've given this group, and especially to us
newbies. If not for you and people just like you, this hobby wouldn't
nearly be as fun as it is. Have a great day and I know you've already
had a great life.
Bob

Captain Neo

Apr 6, 2011, 7:12:18 PM4/6/11
Congrats on being a big talker lloyd. :)

Del

Apr 6, 2011, 7:24:48 PM4/6/11
On Apr 6, 7:12 pm, Captain Neo <nwoj...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Congrats on being a big talker lloyd.  :)

Congrats Lloyd & Thanks for all of your help ! , Just think, If you
counted all of the private emails helping other like you have helped
me, Your Tally would be a easy 100,000 =)

Pin-Del,
cargpb28

William Brower

Apr 6, 2011, 7:32:01 PM4/6/11
Thanks Lloyd!

You are the nicest person to ever post to this group.

Bill

Taxman

Apr 6, 2011, 8:30:00 PM4/6/11
Very cool. Thanks for all you do.

Dave "Taxman" http://www.pinbald.com

Damian Parrino

Apr 6, 2011, 8:38:35 PM4/6/11

congrats Lloyd, what an outstanding mark!

btw, I still belive that you have your own army of Daleks answering
posts all over RGP. :)

regards
Damian

Pindufus

Apr 6, 2011, 9:36:49 PM4/6/11
Damit, Lloyd. I swore never to cry again......

Larry

badbilly27

Apr 6, 2011, 9:37:39 PM4/6/11
Congrats on reaching the post milestone! And thank you for being
there as an ambassador to pinball and RGP. That story just made me
step away from the keyboard and go hug my two daughters a little
tighter tonight as I put them to bed. Thanks for the reminder on
things we take for granted.

pinballmike217

Apr 6, 2011, 9:48:00 PM4/6/11

Thanks for being you, Lloyd. The world is a little richer for your
having been here.

Mike

IMMark

Apr 6, 2011, 9:51:40 PM4/6/11

That is quite a milestone..and I can't think of a better
tribute....all the best!!!!
Mark

Lloyd Olson

Apr 6, 2011, 9:57:07 PM4/6/11
Crying is good. Reminds us we are human. LTG :)

"Pindufus" <larr...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

NM

Apr 6, 2011, 9:58:39 PM4/6/11
Can't thank you enough for all your help Lloyd.

Congratulations on the milestone!

Many thanks,

Neil.

Rob

Apr 6, 2011, 10:12:18 PM4/6/11
What a wonderful milestone Lloyd!
I'd be happy knowing a tenth of what you know!
Thanks for your dedication.
Congrats!

Rob

Dan Q very much

Apr 6, 2011, 10:40:42 PM4/6/11
Congrats on 50 thousand, unreal. If that isn't a Usenet record beyond just rgp, I still bet no one anywhere on Usenet has come close to being so helpful.

Here's hoping the day will come when you will have doubled it!

Walt

Apr 6, 2011, 11:39:12 PM4/6/11
On Apr 6, 9:57 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Crying is good. Reminds us we are human. LTG :)
>
> "Pindufus" <larrk...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > Damit, Lloyd.  I swore never to cry again......
>
> > Larry

Lloyd,

I've come and gone quietly for many,many years and have seen many
changes here on RGP.
But one thing has always been consistent, your help to everyone and
your dedication to our wonderful hobby.
You're a class act Lloyd
Congrats on your milestone
And from now on, when I play my Sittin Pretty, when I watch my Esther
playing it,she loves it too, Beesters Katie will be remembered and
probably with a tear in my eye.
Thank you for all that you do.

Walt

Aeneas - www.flippers.be

Apr 7, 2011, 3:01:21 AM4/7/11

Thanks for posting, it is always touching to read this.

And congrats for 50000 posts.. don't you wish now you would get paid
for posting on rgp :-)

Aeneas.
-- http://www.flippers.be

Tahoe41

Apr 7, 2011, 3:09:18 AM4/7/11
On Apr 7, 12:01 am, "Aeneas - www.flippers.be" <ave...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> --http://www.flippers.be- Hide quoted text -

What a milestone! Congrats Lloyd :)

Mike

Pinball Rescue

Apr 7, 2011, 6:33:27 AM4/7/11
Congratulations Lloyd,

You are an absolute asset to this hobby and I would not contemplate to guess
how many people you have helped over the yaers including myself and other
hobbys only wish they had a mentor such as yourself.
Well done mate !!!

Lee
Pinball Rescue

Butterflygirl24

Apr 7, 2011, 8:12:51 AM4/7/11

Congrats!! LTG ;-) You are always there to help!

BTW...Way to make me cry this morning Beester's beautiful tribute
always makes me cry no matter how many times I read it...;-)

Take care my friend!!
Phoebe
CARGPB#38

JohnKinKokomo

Apr 7, 2011, 8:50:37 AM4/7/11
Congrats! Just checked mine and I'm right under 1000 in 6 years. I
can't imagine 50,000....lots of knowledge being given out. Some of
those were to help me, Thanks!

JediTurtle

Apr 7, 2011, 9:10:35 AM4/7/11

No fair making a guy cry at work Lloyd. Damn.

Congrats on the huge milestone, and thank you for all of your help
through the years.

mdolshan

Apr 7, 2011, 9:15:12 AM4/7/11

Congratulations, Lloyd! That's an amazing achievement. And to think:
it will be a legacy for as long as RGP is archived. That's quite a
gift to the future.

Here's to the giving spirit of RGP, and to exemplars of it like LTG!

Best,

Matthew

S. Fitz

Apr 7, 2011, 12:07:35 PM4/7/11

Congrats Lloyd.
Class act all the way!!

Lloyd Olson

Apr 7, 2011, 12:24:45 PM4/7/11
Heavens no. Then it wouldn't be for the love of pinball. It would be for
something else. LTG :)

"Aeneas - www.flippers.be" <ave...@gmail.com> wrote in message

bluehens

Apr 8, 2011, 10:08:37 PM4/8/11
Hey Loyd,

I had been tracking you comming up on your 50,000th post for a few
months now. I wanted to put up a special congratulations when you hit
that milestone. I didn't know you were tracking it as well.

Best of health and I here is to the next 50k.

-Vic

Lloyd Olson

Apr 8, 2011, 10:17:07 PM4/8/11
Why thank you.

William Brower brought it up some time back. So I started watching it and
posted this -

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/4fad8c902a3a623c?hl=en#

I didn't think much of it until William brought it up. Because it doesn't
include my 21 RGP posts from my webtv account, or the 1,564 RGP posts from
my AT&T account.

Then I thought it would be a nice time to mention RGP, and all the great
people here. Past, present, and future. And all that makes RGP special and
why I've always been honored to be part of it.

LTG :)

"bluehens" <blue...@gmail.com> wrote in message

William Brower

Apr 8, 2011, 10:24:37 PM4/8/11
On Apr 8, 10:17 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Why thank you.
>
> William Brower brought it up some time back. So I started watching it and
> posted this -
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread...

> I didn't think much of it until William brought it up. Because it doesn't
> include my 21 RGP posts from my webtv account, or the 1,564 RGP posts from
> my AT&T account.
>
> Then I thought it would be a nice time to mention RGP, and all the great
> people here. Past, present, and future. And all that makes RGP special and
> why I've always been honored to be part of it.
>
> LTG :)
>
> "bluehens" <blueh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hey Loyd,
>
> > I had been tracking you comming up on your 50,000th post for a few
> > months now.  I wanted to put up a special congratulations when you hit
> > that milestone.  I didn't know you were tracking it as well.
>
> > Best of health and I here is to the next 50k.
>
> > -Vic

"21 RGP posts from my webtv account" ...WTF, you had one of those
too...You are old.

Bill

Pappy Boyington

Apr 9, 2011, 12:46:38 AM4/9/11
Beautiful.

Rich Wiski

Retrogameconnection

Apr 9, 2011, 10:03:14 AM4/9/11

Congrats Lloyd !

Some of those posts was to help me out too. I really appreciate that.

Two thumbs up!!

:D

Message has been deleted