i am getting BITTER what's the deal?

Pinwench

May 15, 2002, 10:30:16โ€ฏPM5/15/02
I am wondering what is the deal here.
Yes, I am female as name would imply.
However, my addicton of the play is no different than
those of you of a different persuasion.
Not to mention my absolute love for the artwork on
these machines
For some time I felt that EVERYONE was welcome.
However, am feeling that this is a 'good 'old boy'
place lately. Hate to feel to feel that way,
but cannot help it.
I write to the same place that everyone says..
get on the waiting list. I write and they know of no such
list.
Someone has parts for sale, I write immediately.
Get back that parts were sold within five min.
BTW I WROTE within 5 min.
Then think, it's not the sex, it's the lack of technical ability
Not so, have never asked for tech help
but PLENTY of newbie Steves, Scotts, Ricks, Bobs, and guess
what? they get unbelievable response even as newbies
(you nice group you!)
Have made a number of friends in here,
all in good manner.
Guess that's not enough if you're a girl.........

Dave Stambaugh

May 15, 2002, 10:46:46โ€ฏPM5/15/02
I don't know what "waiting list" you mean. ??

As far as selling parts: I recently posted for sale a Scared Stiff
glow-in-the-dark skull. A buyer stepped forward literally within 5 minutes,
and I had about 10 other people inquire about it over the next 24 hours even
though I followed up the original For Sale post with a "SOLD!" message right
after it sold. So this kind of thing does happen.

I doubt there's anything sexist going on at all. Everyone is welcome here
as far as I've been able to tell, and rgp is one of the friendliest groups
on usenet. Anyone remember Kellie Zak? This hobby needs more women. :-)

-dave

"Pinwench" <pinw...@aol.com> wrote in message

Lloyd R Olson

May 15, 2002, 10:50:55โ€ฏPM5/15/02
No reason to be bitter. There are woman in here, granted not a lot, but then
there aren't a lot in the pinball industry either compared to how many men
there are.

You don't always get a response, well that is how a newsgroup works. You may
have had a question that no one had an answer to. Your post may not have made
it to a lot of the newsgroups and not every thing uploads at the same time.
Webtv up loads every couple hours, Google every few, some are instant.

You want to make friends here ? Same as life, to make friends, be a friend.
Keep plugging away. Try to find local collectors near you and get them into
having a get together somewhere and enjoy playing pinball. Laura Glazer in my
area tried to start a pinball club before she moved, here dream evolved into
what is now Pinnesota, they meet about once a month and play pins.

All the newbies names you mentioned, did you notice they were names. People
respond better to people than to an email handle.

Welcome Pinwench. Participate and enjoy pinball, that is why we are here. And
should you ever be in Minnesota, hit one of my Goose parties. LTG :)

Jim Knight

May 15, 2002, 10:58:56โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Yes, yes, yes. Now I can admit that I am a lesbian trapped inside a man's
body.

Jim Knight

Lloyd R Olson

May 15, 2002, 10:58:05โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Welcome Debbie. What machines do you like ? What machines do you own. If you
had a dream machine, what would it be ? LTG :)

Greg Walker

May 15, 2002, 10:58:36โ€ฏPM5/15/02
I don't care if you are man woman or somewhere in between. Don't care if you
Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, Purple, or Orange. Don't care what
you sleep with and I don't care how you put food on your plate. Don't care
what you drive or who your parents are. Don't care what music you listen too
or what you think God is. Live your life and have acceptance of those around
you. Should the chance be there to cross our paths then meet me as a friend
and an equal for there are more of you than there are of me.

GusKelly Apple

May 15, 2002, 11:00:03โ€ฏPM5/15/02
I don't know about the rest of these clowns, but I welcome anybody whose
interests are the same as mine. Hell, if a Taliban girl had a question/ request
I could help them with, I wouldn't hesitate to help.
I hope that what you're saying/feeling isn't true, but it wouldn't surprise me.
This world
can sure suck sometime.
If you need any help in regards to EM's, don't hesitate to email me.

Indy gus

cody chunn

May 15, 2002, 11:00:24โ€ฏPM5/15/02
I'm sorry you've had bad luck of late. I wish I had something you needed to
redeem this motley crue. Have you posted a wanted ad for the various things
you need? Maybe we can help locate them for you.

I hope no one's slighted you because of gender. Possible, though, sad as
that is.

Now, wench, bring me my pin and mead!

I really wish there were MANY more female pinatics out there, and I do think
the number may be inching up. It would sure make the shows a lot more easy
on the eyes. Who wants to spend all night watching Cliffy dance? Or worse
yet, me sing?!

OK, I liked watching Cliffy's boogie. :)

GusKelly Apple

May 15, 2002, 11:03:44โ€ฏPM5/15/02
BTW, love the name!!!

indy gus

someotherguy

May 15, 2002, 11:22:39โ€ฏPM5/15/02
huh?

I always seem to miss out on parts for sale, too. Well, at least most of the
time. Maybe it's because I haven't been offering sex! Yeah that's it!

Sorry. Just having a little fun with your wording. No harm meant : )

The most likely reason other people are beating you to the punch on FS: posts
are because as messages replicate across news servers, lots of people see the
messages, read em, and respond to em, before your server ever gets them. So
unless you poll the newsgroup constantly on a server that just happens to get
those messages first, you're already a step behind, as are the majority of
folks. It's just the un-luck of the draw.

Richard

Cliffy

May 15, 2002, 11:28:00โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Sorry you feel that way. All players are welcome here. I'm not sure I
understand what list you refer to so I can't talk to that. As for buying
parts from people here it's always been a firstest with the mostest
kinda thing. I hope you're wrong about being excluded based on your
gender. That would be just plain wrong. If I've ever ignored a request
that I could have helped you with I'm sorry. If I ever snub you in the
future just do like others do and yell at me! ;-)
As for the club like atmosphere here... well, you're part of it! Join
in!
And take it easy... it's pinball remember? Fun stuff!

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Cliffy

May 15, 2002, 11:29:41โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Damn right you did Caligula ;-)

cody chunn wrote:

> OK, I liked watching Cliffy's boogie. :)

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Steve Charland

May 15, 2002, 11:36:55โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Hi Pinwench,
Welcome to the group. I haven't seen any posts by you for tech help
that I can help with. It's true that more guys post here but that
shouldn't stop you. Speak your mind and ask your questions, someone will
help if they can. There are a few women out here that are posting,
pinball gal & SaraAB come to mind. There are also a few that are MIA. I
look forward to reading more posts from you. Again, as one of those
"good old" tech (well maybe two out of three isn't bad) guys, welcome to
the group. What waiting list are you trying to get on? -S
(CARGPB1)

Cliffy

May 15, 2002, 11:44:06โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Debbie maybe you can be the first to guess Steve's new sig in
parentheses. You'll be one up on the good ol' boys here that haven't
even noticed yet ;-)

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Mike Hogue

May 15, 2002, 11:44:48โ€ฏPM5/15/02
I think we should all invite ourselves over to Pinwench's house to make her
feel welcome. Follow me boys... party with the Pinwench! : ) Really though,
this is a great group following an awesome hobby. Just keep posting so we
get to know you!

Mike

Hobbyist/Collector "00" IJ,CP,TOTAN next is...?

PinWench

May 15, 2002, 11:50:56โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Yep, Cliffy have written to Steve too.
Guess I don't have the handshake down right yet.
Thank you for your response and kind words.
I read you LTG and ALL the learned brethren every day many times.
My goal is to NOT have to ask for tech help as I listen and learn everyday,
also research rgp.
I shop and care for my own pins now. Thank God nothing has happened in the
boards yet.
He IS good....................... : )

Lloyd R Olson

May 15, 2002, 11:52:01โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Cliffy And Recreational Group Pin Ball are # 1 . LTG :)

Cliffy <cri...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Aron Boag

May 15, 2002, 11:56:10โ€ฏPM5/15/02
On 5/15/02 10:30 PM, in article
f58d20a1.02051...@posting.google.com, "Pinwench"
<pinw...@aol.com> wrote:

Well, you certainly sound, um, like an English-speaking individual...

Look, breathe deep and let it go. I think you're reading things into what's
actually there. Think you're the only person who didn't get certain items
because someone else was faster on the draw? The line forms to the rear,
toots.

I haven't seen any sexist comments flying your way, I haven't seen other
women around here get bad treatment (admittedly, there aren't that many, but
it's not like they're non-existent), and quite frankly the attitude could
use a bit of adjustment. I mean, stink, look at your handle!

I'd suggest bringing up topics you're passionate about *within* the realm of
pinball. Got a game that pisses you off like AFM does for me? Why? What
game is your dream game? Do you currently own it?? What floats your boat,
and what makes you yawn like an orangutan? SPIT IT OUT!

As a last idea, might I suggest a first name? I know just about everyone's
first name around here, as even those who use an email handle let you know
their first names. To me, the only thing you're willing to let me know
about you is that you're a wench. Is that the impression you're wanting to
convey?

Just a couple thoughts and my 2 cents' worth. A 2 cents is worth less and
less every day.

Aron (see? The first name there? Wanna try? ;) )

Cliffy

May 15, 2002, 11:58:12โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Oh stop it Lloyd. Everyone knows Steve C is number 1... just look at his
sig!

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

PinWench

May 15, 2002, 11:59:07โ€ฏPM5/15/02
Thanks most dear and learned one Lloyd.
Now how do you get that handshake,,,er I mean sig down right?

Lloyd R Olson

May 16, 2002, 12:01:24โ€ฏAM5/16/02
Charland Always Repairs Gimp's Pin Ball 1st ? LTG :)

Cliffy <cri...@attbi.com> wrote in message

PinWench

May 16, 2002, 12:04:55โ€ฏAM5/16/02
thanks Mike for the warm welcome!
didn't mean to make this much of a stir
just had to vent after all this time
just cause I don't post doesn't mean that I
don't read and reply, and more importantly, learn.
only two games at this point
first came in Jan. Star Wars Trilogy
THEN read and learned........
2nd game Medieval Madness
trying to get parts for two more, but no one will
listen

Lloyd R Olson

May 16, 2002, 12:06:38โ€ฏAM5/16/02
I don't know. I'm still having a hard time learning the secret grip for the
BBB club. LTG :)

PinWench <pinw...@aol.com> wrote in message

PinWench

May 16, 2002, 12:06:54โ€ฏAM5/16/02
let me get these other games. and oh yea........
party at pinwench's hovel
FREE mead

Cliffy

May 16, 2002, 12:07:57โ€ฏAM5/16/02
Well if it's Gottlieb system80 or EM's of any kind then you got Steves
handshake down. He's one of the nicest good ol' techs you'll ever meet.
Honest, 99.9% of the people here are incredibly generous. There has been
an amazing flood of newbies lately and I find myself picking and
choosing and not all that carefully. Again, sorry for that.

Being a pinball lover is exclusive enough, no need for us to be divided
up into even more exclusive cliques. Hang in their gal. We'll be watchin
for ya ;-) In fact, get your pic up on Steve Kulpas page
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/rgpidx.htm but whatever you do stay
away from Stomps! Respectable gals don't want to end up on his page! ;-)

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Lloyd R Olson

May 16, 2002, 12:08:26โ€ฏAM5/16/02
I would imagine everybody is listening at this point. What parts do you need ?
LTG :)

PinWench <pinw...@aol.com> wrote in message

PinWench

May 16, 2002, 12:08:21โ€ฏAM5/16/02
point well taken
thinking about............Joe Bob

PinWench

May 16, 2002, 12:12:15โ€ฏAM5/16/02
well Lloyd, need Creature parts.
thanks for your reply

Cliffy

May 16, 2002, 12:18:18โ€ฏAM5/16/02
nuh uh... ;-) but thats good!

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Cliffy

May 16, 2002, 12:20:16โ€ฏAM5/16/02
I have some spare plastics for cftbl but thats about it. If you need a
hologram forget it... they are no longer available (NLA) ;-( Is this the
list you might have been talking about?

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Cliffy

May 16, 2002, 12:21:41โ€ฏAM5/16/02
Pinball, a Pinwench and mead... ahhhhh. Who could ask for more!?

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Rob Bell

May 16, 2002, 12:44:11โ€ฏAM5/16/02
Wow Debbie!

Don't hold back... Tell us how you really feel ;-)

I got your back kiddo, but a lot of us ARE in that same boat you are.

Took a trip to OR and a ton of cash to get the goods that I was looking for,
but as you know I ended up trading them for pieces that I reall needed.

Just be patient and good things will come your way. I don't think posting
you view here hurt you either!

Your Creature Window goes out this weekend.

Rob Bell

Fred Kemper

May 16, 2002, 12:33:44โ€ฏAM5/16/02
Hmm, maybe nobody had the pieces for the game
you requested. If you were trying to buy something
from a person's FS post, it was probably truly gone.
Sometimes things move fast, and other times they
just won't GO AWAY.

I don't believe anyone here has anything against
you.......yet... ;)

Fred
TX
========

John Wart, jr

May 16, 2002, 1:14:38โ€ฏAM5/16/02
I don't think anyone's slighting anyone here due to their sex. Seriously,
out of every 50 FS posts I reply to here or on Mr Pinball, the good deals
and the hard to find stuff are snatched up next to instantly - so he who has
the fastest news/mail server wins usually.

I'm always willing to help, if I can. That's the best I can do for the group
right now, try to help other hobbyists as many have helped me in the last
year or so.

Kick back, have fun, and try to take the hobby a little less seriously. I
have that problem myself :) Although parts are limited out there, you will
eventually find what you need - just like Jesse is gonna find a NOS SBM
playfield, and the Charlies Angels EM is gonna pop up for John Dayhuff -
it's just a matter of waiting :)

The next time you're up in the Columbus, IN area, you're welcome to look at
my pins, play a few games etc (providing I'm not moving at the time :) ) and
I look forward to meeting more of the "local" pinheads. That's right, I
called you a pinhead, but in the nice way :)

Now, back to pinball!

--john

--
Come see what's in my Home Game Room!
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Pinwench" <pinw...@aol.com> wrote in message
> I am wondering what is the deal here.
> Yes, I am female as name would imply.

Dr. Dave

May 15, 2002, 11:22:50โ€ฏPM5/15/02
I've got to stop you there. Too much crap/death has been thrown at us by
that group of fanatics. I wouldn't give her the time of day.........

-Dave

"GusKelly Apple" <guskel...@aol.com> wrote Hell, if a Taliban girl had a
question/ request
> I could help them with, I wouldn't hesitate to help.

pinball gal

May 16, 2002, 1:36:36โ€ฏAM5/16/02
been noticing your posts and glad another female is around. Hey, some
threads don't get answered because there are 300+ posts daily. And I've seen
many machines get sold minutes after they were posted. . . the amount of
people reading this newsgroup must be enormous. The lackof available
parts/machines,etc. is not "because you're female" -- truthfully, it's just
lack of parts. If you're not getting assistance in posts, maybe phrase the
subject line differently? Or just keep posting until more of the actually
skilled, technical people (not me) recognize your name and read your posts
just to try to help out. Hang in there. I think there is a "good old
friends" network going on in RGP, but it's full of both sexes. And judging
from some of the wise-ass responses I get, I'd bet your posts get read just
BECAUSE your name is pinwench and not pinman.

hang in there, gal! : )

Steve Charland

May 16, 2002, 1:45:40โ€ฏAM5/16/02
Ouch! Funny, but wrong. :) -S (Cliffy is CARGPB2)

Keith Stelter

May 16, 2002, 7:08:13โ€ฏAM5/16/02
People always have a problem with things getting sold quickly!
Different ISP's handle their newsgroups differently.
I use 4 different news servers, and posts appear quicker on some than on
others. Sometimes a "FS" post doesn't even show up on one of them for 24
hours after it was written. And in these days of growing parts shortages,
NOTHING stays for sale very long at ANY price! I don't know who isn't
responding to you. Please feel free to email me if you need technical help
and I'll try to help you out.
I'm not the greatest tech that ever lived, but I've been collecting for over
20 years and have owned and worked on a LOT of games!
You might also want to consider changing your newsgroup name. The name
"wench" makes me either think of a hunchbacked hag with no teeth, or a super
hot looking swashbuckler gal like on the backglass of Black Rose. In either
case it's hard to keep my mind on giving good pinball advice with one of
those images bouncing around in my empty skull!
Anyway, hang in there. It ain't easy for any of us these days!
Keith

Kirb

May 16, 2002, 8:44:52โ€ฏAM5/16/02
pinw...@aol.com (PinWench) wrote in message news:<20020516000821...@mb-cc.aol.com>...

> point well taken
> thinking about............Joe Bob

Just don't pick Neil-Bob

OK, is that what she was talking about? I'm sorry, but you left the
door WIDE open for that one...

Kirb
(really sorry)

Orin A. Day

May 16, 2002, 9:48:47โ€ฏAM5/16/02
In article <q4FE8.1110$Vq6.1...@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,
Dave Stambaugh <da...@oregonpinball.com> wrote:

>As far as selling parts: I recently posted for sale a Scared Stiff
>glow-in-the-dark skull. A buyer stepped forward literally within 5 minutes,
>and I had about 10 other people inquire about it over the next 24 hours even
>though I followed up the original For Sale post with a "SOLD!" message right
>after it sold. So this kind of thing does happen.

This happens all the time because of the way articles propagate through
USENET - even if a response is sent 5 minutes after the article appears on
your server the article may have been on other servers for hours. Ever
see followups without the original post, then the original post arrives
the next day? That's the latency of USENET at work. Sometimes it's a
real bummer.

Or in the case of parts posted to websites with e-mail notification, well,
a lot of mailing lists (e.g., majordomo) work such that the first
addresses to be sent mail are the first addresses subscribed to the list.
If the list is huge then it may take some time for the mail server to
process the list, and recipients at the beginning of the list may well
respond to a seller before the last person on the list gets the original
list traffic.

I don't think that there's any conspiracy here, and I hate for anybody to
feel unwelcome in r.g.p. There are few enough pinball enthusiasts as
things stand now.

OD

--
Orin Day
lob...@lobsterdevil.com

Orin A. Day

May 16, 2002, 9:56:24โ€ฏAM5/16/02
In article <3ce34...@corp.newsgroups.com>,

pinball gal <pinba...@sdtm.org> wrote:
>been noticing your posts and glad another female is around. Hey, some
>threads don't get answered because there are 300+ posts daily. And I've seen
>many machines get sold minutes after they were posted. . . the amount of
>people reading this newsgroup must be enormous.

The old rule of themb used to be that the lurker to poster ratio was
between 50:1 and 100:1 for most USENET groups. I would imagine that still
holds, especially now that DejaNews is no longer and that spam is so
prevalent. I post my real address "in the clear," and since I came back
to USENET my spam has increased from 3-5/day to 20-50/day. Probably many
people just "read" selectively through Google and have no desire to
post...but those folks buy parts and games just like the rest of us.

OD

--
Orin Day
lob...@lobsterdevil.com

Chris Thomas

May 16, 2002, 11:10:24โ€ฏAM5/16/02
My 2 cents would be:

Can Always Repair Gottlieb Pin Balls 1st

Chris

http://www.newsgroups.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

Christian Nyegaard

May 16, 2002, 11:17:56โ€ฏAM5/16/02

> You might also want to consider changing your newsgroup name. The name
> "wench" makes me either think of a hunchbacked hag with no teeth, or a
super
> hot looking swashbuckler gal like on the backglass of Black Rose. In
either
> case it's hard to keep my mind on giving good pinball advice with one of
> those images bouncing around in my empty skull!

wench (wnch)
n.
1.. A young woman or girl, especially a peasant girl.
2.. A woman servant.
3.. A wanton woman.
So which one is it ? The peasant ? Just a young girl? A servant ? Or a
wanton woman?

Seriously tho.. I think you (pinwench) has just had some bad luck with
parts. The girls I've talked to here (ehrrrh.. Girl) havent had any
complaints... quite the oposite actually..

-Chris

ebreve.gif

Lloyd R Olson

May 16, 2002, 11:36:36โ€ฏAM5/16/02
There is an attachment to this post Christian. Do you have a virus in your
system ? LTG :)

Christian Nyegaard <chri...@REMOVETHISnyegaard.com> wrote in message

Jim Knight

May 16, 2002, 11:53:53โ€ฏAM5/16/02
Hey guys. I think Pinwench might be a girl! So don't forget, don't
sell anything to her no matter how much she is willing to pay.

The Eagle has landed. The Eagle has landed.

Jim Knight

--
ned!

Christian Nyegaard

May 16, 2002, 12:47:48โ€ฏPM5/16/02
Whops. Actually I don't :-). The self-updating anti-virus checks ALL files
on this box once a day (trust me, there's a lot of files here... around
600gb takes its time to check) just to be on the safe side.

I'm fairly sure I know how it got there though. I decided to open it up to
make sure it's nothing bad. It's just a very small gif file (not a hidden
extention or anything) of a G or something like it. I must've dragged it
over while typing or something insane like that. Weird stuff...

So no worries, not a virus or anything. Just a small .gif that somehow got
attached.

Thanks for noticing and letting me know :-).

-Chris
"Lloyd R Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message

Ian_UK

May 16, 2002, 12:49:03โ€ฏPM5/16/02
I have read this whole thread and still haven't got a clue what Pinwench is
going on about. Of course we want more women in RGP...we need somebody to
dust the machines, and if they want to have a go on some of the less
challenging pins we might let them have ago as long as they don't complain
about breaking their nails on those flipper buttony things. ;-))

"Jim Knight" <jkni...@visteon.com.nospam> wrote in message

LightningNotes

May 16, 2002, 1:19:30โ€ฏPM5/16/02
whoa! just a sec....I'm not taking sides and do feel for everyone involved and
do not wish to start a heated debate over any of this, _BUT_ you can not blame
an individual for something a group - possibly unrelated to them - has done.
Remember, there are people over there (albiet few) that are disheartened over
what has happened as well. Plus, the fact that women over there are treated as
less than dirt in most respects.

LightningNotes

On Thu, 16 May 2002 03:22:50 GMT, "Dr. Dave" <drdavespin...@attbi.com>
tossed these 2ยข in:

Marc B

May 16, 2002, 5:19:36โ€ฏPM5/16/02

"Pinwench" <pinw...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Someone has parts for sale, I write immediately.

> Get back that parts were sold within five min.
> BTW I WROTE within 5 min.

This is referencing the parts I posted the other night. I LITERALLY got
emails within minutes on SEVERAL of the items. And I do not mean 5 minutes-
but less! Sometimes I think the group are constantly plugged into this
newsgroup.

But for you to insinuate that you were slighted because of gender- forget
it. Doesn't work. Pure paranoia.

I post things at reasonable prices- and always give the group first crack.
Where do you think that lagoon window you're getting came from? And probably
at a great price, too. I lose money at this. The items you wanted sold.

-Marc B
-who personally thinks that this group needs MORE women!

Cliffy

May 16, 2002, 7:46:01โ€ฏPM5/16/02
Wow that very good, but you are all WAY off ;-)
--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Lloyd R Olson

May 16, 2002, 8:33:14โ€ฏPM5/16/02
There is only one answer left then, it's the short hand version of DOHO. LTG
:)

Cliffy <cri...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Lloyd R Olson

May 16, 2002, 8:37:55โ€ฏPM5/16/02
Charland And Rinear Got Pin Balls 2. LTG :)

Steve Charland <ccha...@attbi.com> wrote in message

Christian Nyegaard

May 16, 2002, 9:55:39โ€ฏPM5/16/02
CAlifornia Rec Games Pinball Buddies ?

-Chris
"Lloyd R Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message

Lloyd R Olson

May 16, 2002, 10:05:58โ€ฏPM5/16/02
That's a nice one. And the two on the end is for the founding pinheads, Steve
and Cliffy. LTG :)

Christian Nyegaard <chri...@REMOVETHISnyegaard.com> wrote in message

PinWench

May 16, 2002, 10:06:54โ€ฏPM5/16/02
Huh? I wasn't referring to you Mark.
Don't think I wrote to you until a day or so
after your post.

Christian Nyegaard

May 16, 2002, 10:14:49โ€ฏPM5/16/02
Yeah that was my thought too :P

-Chris

"Lloyd R Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message

Aron Boag

May 16, 2002, 10:44:14โ€ฏPM5/16/02
On 5/16/02 11:53 AM, in article 3CE3D611...@visteon.com.nospam, "Jim
Knight" <jkni...@visteon.com.nospam> wrote:

> Hey guys. I think Pinwench might be a girl! So don't forget, don't
> sell anything to her no matter how much she is willing to pay.
>
> The Eagle has landed. The Eagle has landed.
>
> Jim Knight

LOL! Oh Jim, that was *rich*. I loved it. Thanks.

Aron

Scott

May 16, 2002, 11:09:45โ€ฏPM5/16/02
ahhh.. don't feel so bad.

The rest of us are called GIRLS regularly from yet others who
are trying desperately to sell us highly polished parts.

Go figure.

There is no discrimination going on here... male/female whatever,
you gotta be at the right time at the right place. One thing is
for certain, if you are the first responder to an offer, I can
sincerely state that the majority in this group do have a sense
of honor and would take your deal -- if you were first.

Yet... come to think of it, there are some who would change the price
of the "wings.." oh.. wait..never mind. (just teasing).

Don't take it personally -- AND if we catch you whining near the end
of the month.. we'll, now you're fair game. :-)

Scott.

SaraAB

May 16, 2002, 11:12:43โ€ฏPM5/16/02
so how many females on this group are there now, 3, 4 maybe more, that
would be nice!

i dont think anyone's said anything to me about being female, i would
expect them to flame me because i dont own any machines, i only play
them, but everyone has been really helpful and answers my questions
whenever i have some(even if its lots of questions!)

Christian Nyegaard

May 16, 2002, 11:21:59โ€ฏPM5/16/02
But that'd be because you'r such a nice person and you have those cool
flyers you know :-)).

-Chris

"SaraAB" <nymechan...@rodeocowgirl.zzn.com> wrote in message

Christian Nyegaard

May 16, 2002, 11:22:54โ€ฏPM5/16/02
Heh heh heh :pp

-Chris

Cliffy

May 17, 2002, 1:26:14โ€ฏAM5/17/02
nope ;-)

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Cliffy

May 17, 2002, 1:27:02โ€ฏAM5/17/02
Omigod now I'm ROTFLMAO!!

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Cliffy

May 17, 2002, 1:29:14โ€ฏAM5/17/02
Ahhh but owning a machine does not an rgp'er make Sarah! And never say
you ONLY play them.. thats what they were made for!
Last active count was 5 women IIRC.

--
Cliffy
http://home.attbi.com/~crinear

Orin A. Day

May 17, 2002, 7:43:22โ€ฏAM5/17/02
In article <e3b37317.02051...@posting.google.com>,
SaraAB <nymechan...@rodeocowgirl.zzn.com> wrote:

>i dont think anyone's said anything to me about being female, i would
>expect them to flame me because i dont own any machines, i only play
>them

There's nothing wrong with that. In fact when the group started it was
much more skewed to players than owners. People here might not believe
it or deny it, but the industry as a whole is far more dependent on
players than player/collectors or collectors. Keep on flipping!

Brendan Bailey

May 17, 2002, 8:16:17โ€ฏPM5/17/02
hehheh this posts reminds me of me.

Brendan
Visit my pinball website!
http://www.members.tripod.com/sountendo1/index.htm
PinBot*High Speed*Cyclone*Blast Off*Lectronamo*Arkanoid

David Gersic

May 18, 2002, 1:14:23โ€ฏPM5/18/02
In <f58d20a1.02051...@posting.google.com>, pinw...@aol.com (Pinwench) writes:
>I am wondering what is the deal here.
>Yes, I am female as name would imply.

Whoa, take a step back and relax.

>However, my addicton of the play is no different than
>those of you of a different persuasion.

Then you're as welcome here as anybody else. This newsgroup is like most
others, full of people. Some good, some nuts; but the only requirements are
that you be willing to participate and that it be on-topic.

>However, am feeling that this is a 'good 'old boy'
>place lately. Hate to feel to feel that way,
>but cannot help it.

To some degree, it is, but there's no reason you or anyone else isn't (or
can't be) one of the "old boys". It's a community, with its own rules,
mores, language, and most of the active participants all know each other.
Some have met in person, but not all. C'mon to Expo and I'd be happy to
meet you.

>I write to the same place that everyone says..
>get on the waiting list. I write and they know of no such
>list.

>Someone has parts for sale, I write immediately.
>Get back that parts were sold within five min.
>BTW I WROTE within 5 min.

Dunno what this was about, but it's an awfully stupid business that turns
away a customer if there is any way to prevent it. It's possible that the
parts you were seeking *did* sell within five minutes of the original post,
as there can be a pretty good propogation delay between the time it's
written and posted and the time it shows up on your local news server. Or,
maybe the seller is just a jackass; there's plenty of those in the world.

>Then think, it's not the sex, it's the lack of technical ability

You could always have some fun; set up a "Bob" email account via one of the
free email services (www.myrealbox.com). If you think a seller is jacking
you around, try emailing him a query from "Bob" and see what answer you
get. If you get the same answer, it wasn't sex.

| |
|David Gersic dgersic_@_niu.edu |
|Systems Programmer Northern Illinois University |
| |
| Doesn't just know nothing; doesn't even suspect much. |
| |
|I'm tired of receiving crap in my mailbox, so the E-mail address has been|
|munged to foil the junkmail bots. Humans will figure it out on their own.|

Pinwench

May 19, 2002, 12:53:32โ€ฏAM5/19/02
dgersic_@_niu.edu (David Gersic) wrote in message news:<ac625f$j56$2...@husk.cso.niu.edu>...

> In <f58d20a1.02051...@posting.google.com>, pinw...@aol.com (Pinwench) writes:
> >I am wondering what is the deal here.
> >Yes, I am female as name would imply.
>
> Whoa, take a step back and relax.
>
> >However, my addicton of the play is no different than
> >those of you of a different persuasion.
>
> Then you're as welcome here as anybody else. This newsgroup is like most
> others, full of people. Some good, some nuts; but the only requirements are
> that you be willing to participate and that it be on-topic.
>
> >However, am feeling that this is a 'good 'old boy'
> >place lately. Hate to feel to feel that way,
> >but cannot help it.

Actually I did that exact thing which is what prompted
the post.