Sad news about Pinball Wizards Convention May show in Allentown

Pinsforfun

Nov 16, 2010, 3:34:21 PM11/16/10
We hope that you had a great summer. As you know, this is about the
time of year when we start to prepare for the next Pinball Wizards
Convention. However, after long and careful consideration, we sadly
have to tell you that after 17 great years, there will be no more
replays. Game Over. This was not an easy decision to make, as we will
definitely miss the excitement of the show and seeing all of you each
year. It has been wonderful meeting so many new people who share our
love of pinball. A great number of new and lasting friendships have
been made over the years.
We would like to thank each and every one of you that has attended,
participated and helped out over the past 17 years to make each show a
success and a memorable experience. We appreciate the support that
you have given us, and we hope to see you again at another show!
Sincerely,
Brian, Denise and Tiffany
Keep Flippin'!

captkirk

Nov 16, 2010, 3:37:02 PM11/16/10

Definately SAD news :(

Good luck to you and your family Brian.

captkirk

Matt *

Nov 16, 2010, 3:43:06 PM11/16/10

wow! i dont even know what to say about this..... i am really
bummed......

ldnayman

Nov 16, 2010, 3:44:17 PM11/16/10
Kinda makes those yearly "I had to wait 10 minutes to play Attack From
Mars!!" complaints seem kinda petty, doesn't it?

Kory

Nov 16, 2010, 3:47:40 PM11/16/10
That is really sad news. Allentown to me is "the" spring event not to
miss.

Kory

Hugh

Nov 16, 2010, 3:49:59 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 3:34 pm, Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com> wrote:

I had a blast when I went to Allentown, I hate to hear that it won't
be coming back next year. Thanks again for putting the show on, I
just wish I was into pinball 17 years ago!

Hugh

ldnayman

Nov 16, 2010, 3:50:04 PM11/16/10

Well since nobody will be going to Allentown, I invite you all to
Jazzfest in New Orleans, Louisiana. It's got awesome music and even
better food, drunk chicks everywhere, and awesome food.

Lloyd Olson

Nov 16, 2010, 3:57:43 PM11/16/10
How come your profile and other posts are by Tim and this one Brian, Denise
and Tiffany ?

I ask because Allentown has been the source of troll attacks in the past.
And want to be sure this isn't another attack. LTG :)

"Pinsforfun" <tf...@knoll.com> wrote in message

Chris Hibler

Nov 16, 2010, 3:57:55 PM11/16/10

Brian, Denise, and Tiffany,

Thanks for 17 great years.
I've been to the last several Allentown shows and loved every minute.
Hangin' in the flea market and jabbering with pin-heads all day long
in the warm sunshine was always a blast.

Best of luck to each of you in the future...
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://www.Team-EM.com

shlockdoc

Nov 16, 2010, 4:01:37 PM11/16/10

Can someone take it over? It seems like it was a great success last
year.

Pinsforfun

Nov 16, 2010, 4:02:27 PM11/16/10
Lloyd

I just copied and pasted the email I received from Brian

Tim

arcaderehab

Nov 16, 2010, 4:02:42 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 3:34 pm, Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com> wrote:

This is terrible news. Other than York and the Pinfest (that I just
missed dammit!) what else is there for those in the North East?!

Is there any chance someone else will do the show?

GOCATGO

Nov 16, 2010, 4:03:45 PM11/16/10
> > Keep Flippin'!- Hide quoted text -

I don't think it's an 'attack' Lloyd as I also got a e-mail 'direct'.
(not that I couldn't get 'attacked' direct also I guess) Sad it is.
Had more fun meeting people from RGP there then playing the games.

Russ
www.Team-EM.com

Lloyd Olson

Nov 16, 2010, 4:05:27 PM11/16/10
Thank you for clearing that up. LTG :)

"Pinsforfun" <tf...@knoll.com> wrote in message

TheKorn

Nov 16, 2010, 4:07:13 PM11/16/10
Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com> wrote in news:2f7e47bb-11a1-45d0-b76f-
ffab30...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com:

Huh, wonder what the reason was behind the decision?

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

jackal2001

Nov 16, 2010, 4:15:31 PM11/16/10
> year.- Hide quoted text -

Hummmm....

pinfan

Nov 16, 2010, 4:27:30 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 3:34 pm, Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com> wrote:

That sucks, have only been going since the past 3 years or so.. it
was fun. Kinda got pumped a month prior to going each year... and
loved the excuse to get out .. and find other pins coming in from the
area and making deals. (last year i ended up scoring a LOTR AND WOF
meeting folks at A-town during the show -- both of the deals would
probably have not happend if it were not for the A-town show!) Good
luck in your future endevours! YA JUST KNOW someone is going to
create a "spring classic" or something..... IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL
COME.

heckheck

Nov 16, 2010, 4:28:36 PM11/16/10
Just counted and I've been going 6 straight shows since 2005. Boy am
I going to miss it.

-Jim

vetteman48

Nov 16, 2010, 4:32:20 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 3:34 pm, Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com> wrote:

I've been to 13 of the 17 without a miss. Maybe someone else will
pick up the (pin) ball and keep it going?
Ron

funrudy

Nov 16, 2010, 4:48:46 PM11/16/10
In article
<2f7e47bb-11a1-45d0...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com> wrote:

Brian, Denise, and Tiffany,

Thanks for 17 great years of fun, friendship and great times.
I was in it way back when it was at the Whitehall firehouse and have
tried to be there for every show.
I bought alot, played alot and laughed alot more.

Thanks for all you did and I look forward to the future because pinball
(shows) ain't dead, they just smell funny!

(Tim Arnold classic VHS Video)

Best of luck to you and your family and Thank you again for such
wonderful memories.

Edd

Basil

Nov 16, 2010, 4:58:48 PM11/16/10
SHIT.

Don O Team EM!

Nov 16, 2010, 5:11:19 PM11/16/10
First off, thanks for putting on such a wonderful show... it's been a
great ride for us pinball junkies that's for sure. I'd like to know
though, the decision points that culminated in the no-go decision
there... is it purely a financial one, or is it more toward all the
hard work that had to be done throughout the year to do the show... or
a combination of both? Maybe there could be some hand-off to a new
group of folks that would like to take over!!!

Don O in MD

mikepin

Nov 16, 2010, 5:13:18 PM11/16/10
I have emailed BRIAN maybe we can do a pinball expo east...
mike pacak your thoughts??

Jon

Nov 16, 2010, 5:28:45 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 5:13 pm, mikepin <mgpa...@aol.com> wrote:
>  I have emailed  BRIAN  maybe  we  can do a pinball expo  east...
> mike pacak   your thoughts??

I'd volunteer to help. Last year was my first year selling in the
flea market. I had a great time meeting people, and oh yeah, selling
alot of stuff. I didn't even go into the show till the end of the
day. Didn't matter, the people made it great. I personally thanked
Brian after the show and he said it was like a pinball party that all
of his friends came to. I couldn't agree more. Any way to get this
thing a go again??? I have already made deals with people with the
pending delivery to the May Allentown show. It is the east coast
Mecca for us pinballers. I'm in the this can't die camp. Anyone know
the reason. Is Brian OK, or is it something else. Jon

Lloyd Olson

Nov 16, 2010, 5:28:44 PM11/16/10
Excellent ! Nice to keep a show going then and there. LTG :)

"mikepin" <mgp...@aol.com> wrote in message

mikepin

Nov 16, 2010, 5:33:09 PM11/16/10
I will try to talk to Brian and see if we can do it... mike
pacak Probably an extension of the OHIO show. me and
MARVIN . Allentown gameroom festival ?

jackofdiamonds

Nov 16, 2010, 5:36:27 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 5:28 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Excellent !  Nice to keep a show going then and there. LTG :)
>
> "mikepin" <mgpa...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > I have emailed  BRIAN  maybe  we  can do a pinball expo  east...
> > mike pacak   your thoughts??

PLEASE!!!!!

RazerX

Nov 16, 2010, 5:51:47 PM11/16/10
That would be great Mike! I would love to see the show continue on.
The flea market really makes the Allentown show unique.

Rob

jackofdiamonds

Nov 16, 2010, 5:52:46 PM11/16/10

DO IT!!!!

Brian Smith

Nov 16, 2010, 5:53:08 PM11/16/10

I already mentioned to Mike and anyone else that I would offer my
assistance in any way possible to make this succeed.

Thanks,
Brian Smith
P3 / NPL

Mrhide

Nov 16, 2010, 6:25:17 PM11/16/10
Ivan?! any thoughts?!

pingeek

Nov 16, 2010, 6:32:51 PM11/16/10
Bummer. Allentown 1999 was my first pinball show. I took home a
Skylab project pin, with handwritten on an index card "Out Of Order."
Got it for just over $100, set it up, adjusted a couple switches, and
it was mostly 100%, well, after tracking down a shooter housing,
shooter rod, and a flipper assembly. Still, great deal, and I miss
that game a lot.

Sorry to hear the news.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com

Borygard

Nov 16, 2010, 6:42:32 PM11/16/10
Excellent idea Mike!

I was really bummed to read this from them. Allentown has to be one of the
most successful shows in the country, at least from what I hear from, well,
everyone.

Figures they'd kill it right when I decide I want to do the show. ;)

Here's hoping you can make it happen Mike. I'd love to see the Allentown
show continue.

Best of luck to Brian, Denise and Tiffany with whatever you do next!

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics

Pinsgonewild

Nov 16, 2010, 7:00:03 PM11/16/10
So there is no one to pass this onto? I find that hard to believe.
These events are money makers for the organizers. Theres more to this
story than meets the eye on this one lets let it unfold.

Don.

Corey C.

Nov 16, 2010, 7:08:48 PM11/16/10
It's the flea market and the farmer's market that make the show for
me. If anyone is going to carry on with this convention, please keep
it at the fairgrounds. It's simply the best location for a pinball
show I can imagine.

I will be very sad if it doesn't continue. I was just starting to look
forward to next year's show. In fact, I considered making my hotel
reservation this morning before I received Brian's e-mail. :(

ivan1496

Nov 16, 2010, 7:35:22 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 6:25 pm, Mrhide <mrh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ivan?! any thoughts?!

No worries everyone, there are some issues to be worked out and I’m
all over it. I just finished Pinfest 2010 but have been working on
this for a little bit.

The show will go on! Pinfest spring fling I guess we could call it.

Ivan
Pinfest 2011

Kory

Nov 16, 2010, 7:59:12 PM11/16/10

Good news to hear. Maybe you and Mike Pacak can get together and keep
this going. The mix of the major flea market and the games inside
really make this the spring event for so many in the hobby. Just hope
the venue is still on hold for May so that doesn't get lost in a
transition.

Pocono Pins

Nov 16, 2010, 8:11:56 PM11/16/10

Sorry to hear the news, been to every show since 1994 when it
started. The first weekend in May will seem so empty now!!

Brian Romancheck

Taylor-VA

Nov 16, 2010, 8:33:10 PM11/16/10
Holy crap!!!!! The one show I had hopes to make it to this year and
now this. :(
Hope you guys work out the details. I too am slated for Jazzfest so
how about the LAST week of May? :)

The Junkman

Nov 16, 2010, 8:45:53 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 5:28 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Excellent !  Nice to keep a show going then and there. LTG :)
>
> "mikepin" <mgpa...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > I have emailed  BRIAN  maybe  we  can do a pinball expo  east...
> > mike pacak   your thoughts??- Hide quoted text -

Its been alot of FUN all these years.I just got my email.My kids and I
will miss this show.:(

Mark

indy5mike

Nov 16, 2010, 8:53:46 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 3:34 pm, Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com> wrote:
> We hope that you had a great summer.  As you know, this is about the
> time of year when we start to prepare for the next Pinball Wizards
> Convention.  However, after long and careful consideration, we sadly
> have to tell you that after 17 great years, there will be no more
> replays. Game Over.  This was not an easy decision to make, as we will
> definitely miss the excitement of the show and seeing all of you each
> year. It has been wonderful meeting so many new people who share our
> love of pinball. A great number of new and lasting friendships have
> been made over the years.
> We would like to thank each and every one of you that has attended,
> participated and helped out over the past 17 years to make each show a
> success and a memorable experience.   We appreciate the support that
> you have given us, and we hope to see you again at another show!
> Sincerely,
> Brian, Denise and Tiffany
> Keep Flippin'!

This is the one show I absolutely was going to make it to next year.
It looked like such a good show.

John T.

Nov 16, 2010, 9:17:59 PM11/16/10
> It looked like such a good show.- Hide quoted text -

Hopefully,Ivan and /or M Pacak keep this show alive!
Been going since '98 -As long as I have collected pins.
Absolutely A Spring time must do!
-John T.

TDJ

Nov 16, 2010, 10:13:08 PM11/16/10
You 'da man Ivan!!

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:35:22 -0800 (PST), ivan1496 <ivan...@rcn.com>

The Hammer

Nov 16, 2010, 10:37:52 PM11/16/10
in article 8e81bb57-8f74-4b5f...@26g2000yqv.googlegroups.com,
Don O Team EM! at dow...@aol.com wrote on 11/16/10 2:11 PM:

> I'd like to know
> though, the decision points that culminated in the no-go decision
> there...

Maybe it was all the flack he took from people complaining about this or
that. I read more people on RGP who complained. "I was banned", "why did
he pick on me for taking my game down", etc.

I went to the show for years, until I moved out west. Loved it. Thanks for
doing it for 17 years. A wonderful show and a lot of hard work. I only
wish I knew about it sooner as I missed the first several.

Thank you!

Craig Tiano

Nov 16, 2010, 11:42:27 PM11/16/10

P-W 1997 was the first pinball show I ever attended. Even if I didn't
buy a machine or parts in the flea market, I got the yearly golf shirt
(that is, until they started only making T shirts). Suddenly, that
collection of shirts seems so much more important now that the show is
no more...

Craig

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:34:21 -0800 (PST), Pinsforfun <tf...@knoll.com>

evolve-studios (Ken)

Nov 16, 2010, 11:56:47 PM11/16/10
On Nov 16, 5:28 pm, "Lloyd Olson" <l...@ssbilliards.com> wrote:
> Excellent !  Nice to keep a show going then and there. LTG :)
>
> "mikepin" <mgpa...@aol.com> wrote in message

> > I have emailed  BRIAN  maybe  we  can do a pinball expo  east...
> > mike pacak   your thoughts??

Can we call the show "There and Back Again"

I'd entertain an east coast show, Atlantic city area or shore points -
NJ - where I got my pinball roots.
being in the area I may have some contacts if the allentown area
doesn't work out.

dorschel

Nov 17, 2010, 12:22:21 AM11/17/10
On Nov 16, 7:00 pm, Pinsgonewild <pinplay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> These events are money makers for the organizers. >

> Don.

I disagree. Allentown may be one of the exceptions (due to its size
and popularity). But I feel, many of these shows take a loss and if
they are lucky, they might break even. Organizing a successful show
takes a lot of hard work, time and dedication. Here are a few things
to consider for any show organizer:

-Size and location of the venue: Is the venue large enough to support
a show and is it in a location people are willing to travel to? Can it
support a flea market? Are the doorways accessible by truck? (150 or
so machines plus vendors will need to enter and exit the venue rather
quickly) Are there clean restrooms? What about parking?

-Cost of the venue: How much will it be to rent the place for the
weekend? This can be pricey and it is not uncommon for some venues to
charge additional fees for each person who attends.

-Electricity demands: Can the venue support the electricity
demands ??? Are there additional charges to be had for this (perhaps a
charge for each receptacle used?). What about properly rated extension
cords that can handle the current demands? Will the Fire Marshall
approve of how this is done?

-Scheduling: What is the date of the show? Is the date too close to
another pinball show's date? Is the date too close to any holidays?
Might it snow outside that weekend? Will people come? Will vendors
come or are they all going to a different show etc..

-Insurance: This might be a "show stopper" for someone thinking of
throwing a show together for the first time...

-Hired help, Staff, Security etc: Not many folks work for free :(

-Advertising: Mailers (stamps), flyers, TV/Radio(BIG $$$), Large
banners/Signs (printing cost), Website charges etc..

-Tables/Chairs: Rent/Delivery of 100-200 tables/chairs and backdrops.

-Misc expenses: 100's of long distant calls, Fuel and truck rental
charges to help move machines, door prizes / giveaways, food / drink
for volunteers.. and plenty more....

-Aggrevation / Frustration: You will never make everone happy no
matter how hard you try.

goatdan

Nov 17, 2010, 12:32:52 AM11/17/10
On Nov 16, 11:22 pm, dorschel <CFELLA1...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 7:00 pm, Pinsgonewild <pinplay...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > These events are money makers for the organizers. >
> > Don.
>
> I disagree. Allentown may be one of the exceptions (due to its size
> and popularity). But I feel, many of these shows take a loss and if
> they are lucky, they might break even.  Organizing a successful show
> takes a lot of hard work, time and dedication. Here are a few things
> to consider for any show organizer:

Great summary.

The Midwest Gaming Classic, which I think by attendance is definitely
one of the biggest shows (last year was 3600+ attendees, not including
the 12 and under crowd) last year made almost exactly $200.00 last
year. To put that into perspective, if we had 10 less people show up
on Saturday (or 0.27% of our total attendance), we would have lost
money.

To date, the 2010 Midwest Gaming Classic was the highest grossing year
ever by more than 100%.

I challenge anyone who thinks this is some giant moneymaking scheme to
hop into the show scene and try putting one on. You might be VERY
surprised by how much goes into a successful show. I'm really sorry
to hear that Allentown is going -- more than any other show, it was
the one that I haven't gone to that I always wanted to go to. Best
wishes to all of those involved, but at the same time I can definitely
understand that there are LOTS of reasons to stop holding a show.

Lloyd Olson

Nov 17, 2010, 12:37:57 AM11/17/10
Sounds like a good time to remind people, when you go to a show. Find the
promoter and thank them. LTG :)

"goatdan" <loo...@goatstore.com> wrote in message

ivan1496

Nov 17, 2010, 1:25:09 AM11/17/10

Bravo to you as you actually gave it some thought. As a promoter I can
say you are spot on with all of your points. But these are as you say
just a few of the challenges one faces. I suppose anyone could plan a
show. I’ve always considered a show to be a community event,
organizing is a mere aspect of it. Getting the pinball community to
contribute is what makes shows great and the most difficult of all.

As more and more machines find their way into private collections the
end result is less and less machines coming to shows. A promoter can
plan a show for a year and have no idea what their show will be until
a few days before the show. If one can live with that stress than this
is for you. Getting a venue, vendors and funding is not the most
difficult task. It’s the pinball machines everyone is hoping to see
and enjoy is the real task. Without them you don’t have a show.

Ivan
Pinfest 2011

Koi Morris

Nov 17, 2010, 2:20:54 AM11/17/10
Sorry to hear the news. I'll really miss the show. I've been to every
show since 1996 (when a friend told me about it) without fail.

Hopefully somebody could take over and keep the show running.

Koi

BUY...@aol.com

Nov 17, 2010, 8:24:11 AM11/17/10
On Nov 16, 11:56 pm, "evolve-studios (Ken)" <k...@evolve-studios.net>
wrote:

Last place you would want to run a show is in nj close to ac they
held a auction outside ac once b4 the auction started 1/2 the buyers
went to ac and lost their buying $$$ also hotels and taxes in ac
would kill the vendors plus ac is so far from everything and you,ll
lose people cumming from far away, best bet is trying to work with the
place the show was in alletown pa they don,t want to lose the income
either

Hugh

Nov 17, 2010, 9:16:23 AM11/17/10

I think the show needs to be in VA ;)

Hugh

pingeek

Nov 17, 2010, 9:36:21 AM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 9:16 am, Hugh <metah...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I think the show needs to be in VA ;)
>
> Hugh- Hide quoted text -
>

> -
Funny you should say that, Hugh. I was just thinking, The Richmond
Pinball Expo, and at Richmond International Raceway, and a few NASCAR
pins for starters. Only, I couldn't imagine the cost for that venue.
Ouch.

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com

lilman573

Nov 17, 2010, 10:15:58 AM11/17/10
On Nov 16, 11:56 pm, "evolve-studios (Ken)" <k...@evolve-studios.net>
wrote:

Oh man this would rock!! Maybe at the Wild Wood Convention Center? It
is HUGE!!! I would be all over a NJ shore event :)

Ron, (Boatcat)

Nov 17, 2010, 10:20:04 AM11/17/10

Very Big THANK YOU to Brian and
Denise! Few have made such an immense
contribution to the hobby. You can never make
everyone happy, but in bringing many of us
together, this show has to be considered an
overwhelming success. To me, that's what it
was all about.

jackofdiamonds

Nov 17, 2010, 10:26:40 AM11/17/10

Any pinball show,anywhere is fine by me.But if it's gonna be Pinball
Wizards Con.,it should be in Allentown,It's a known location,we're
talking 17 years worth,probably would be easier for the organizers
rather than moving location.Ivan said he was "looking into it".This
gives me great hope as Pinfest(his show) was awesome.GO IVAN! GO
IVAN! GO IVAN! GO IVAN! (fade);-)

Pinsgonewild

Nov 17, 2010, 11:12:40 AM11/17/10
I have attended the show for the past 8 years or so. It’s just
frustrating to have a show like Allentown cancelled because one person
decides they are done.

If you no longer want to be the promoter for a show that you have run
for 17 years and you have been doing it for the love of the game, it
seems to me that you could have reached out to the many people you
have worked with or established contacts with over the years to offer
a smooth transition to a new promoter behind the scenes.

Posting that the show is done because you are does not seem like the
professional thing to do in support of the hobby. As far as
profitability of the show I am making an assumption that can only be
substantiated either way if they were willing to open their books.

Don

mikepin

Nov 17, 2010, 11:20:21 AM11/17/10
WEll I call PINBALL expo A FAMILY REUNION EVERY YEAR. for 26
years and the family grows every year Contrary to others I look at
it as FUN and not really that much work. Same with Ohio show
I have done with Marvin for 6 years. If given the chance I
would make some changes to ALLentown SHOW to make it even better.
MIKE PACAK Tme will tell...

dorschel

Nov 17, 2010, 12:35:32 PM11/17/10

It's probably not that easy to just let someone take over 17 years of
pride and hard work. It will be interesting to see what happens. Maybe
the "Fall" Allentown show will just happen in the spring now?

J.G. Wentworth

Nov 17, 2010, 1:22:09 PM11/17/10
In article <930d5e24-7609-42cd...@y23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Pinsgonewild says...

>I have attended the show for the past 8 years or so. It=92s just

I guess Brian and Denise should have consulted with you about the proper way to
bow out of something that has consumed their lives for 17 years.

And, they should have flown out to your house to show you their financial
records.

You are an idiot.

Butch

Nov 17, 2010, 1:35:07 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 11:12 am, Pinsgonewild <pinplay...@gmail.com> wrote:

Give me a break
Brian & Denise have done as much for the hobby by running the show for
the past 17 years as anyone else. They have every right to say
"enough" without anyone criticizing their decision. I have worked the
show since it started at Merchants Square. Brian gave me and the other
staff the courtesy of a heads up on Sunday night explaining his
reasons. I agreed with him 100%. During that time I can't remember
anyone coming up to Brian or Denise volunteering to take over once
they decided the time has come. Probably because of the time and
effort needed to run a sucessful show.
As far as opening up the books. It's no one's business except theirs.

Butch Horwath

pinrayhji

Nov 17, 2010, 1:45:16 PM11/17/10
> Butch Horwath- Hide quoted text -

Butch is right on, and I have been one of his Allentown Show volunteer
colleagues for the past 13 or 14 shows. You put this succinctly,
Butch, and I have nothing to add (although it is damned tempting).
Harry Irvin
Macungie, PA

mikepin

Nov 17, 2010, 1:47:47 PM11/17/10
I asked Brian last year if he was interested in selling the
show.... mike pacak

Pinsgonewild

Nov 17, 2010, 1:57:56 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 1:22 pm, (J.G. Wentworth) cash...@cashnow.com wrote:
> In article <930d5e24-7609-42cd-bf68-2417a4a20...@y23g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> You are an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

Is it necessary to resort to name calling. I'm only voicing my
opinion.
.
Don

ldnayman

Nov 17, 2010, 2:51:06 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 1:57 pm, Pinsgonewild <pinplay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it necessary to resort to name calling. I'm only voicing my
> opinion.
> .
> Don- Hide quoted text -

Your opinion sucks.

J.G. Wentworth

Nov 17, 2010, 2:59:39 PM11/17/10
In article <e632c51a-f77a-4234...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
Pinsgonewild says...

>On Nov 17, 1:22=A0pm, (J.G. Wentworth) cash...@cashnow.com wrote:
>> In article <930d5e24-7609-42cd-bf68-2417a4a20...@y23g2000yqd.googlegroups=
>.com>,
>> Pinsgonewild says...
>>

>> >I have attended the show for the past 8 years or so. It=3D92s just

>> >frustrating to have a show like Allentown cancelled because one person
>> >decides they are done.
>>
>> >If you no longer want to be the promoter for a show that you have run
>> >for 17 years and you have been doing it for the love of the game, it
>> >seems to me that you could have reached out to the many people you
>> >have worked with or established contacts with over the years to offer
>> >a smooth transition to a new promoter behind the scenes.
>>
>> >Posting that the show is done because you are does not seem like the
>> >professional thing to do in support of the hobby. As far as
>> >profitability of the show I am making an assumption that can only be
>> >substantiated either way if they were willing to open their books.
>>
>> >Don
>>
>> I guess Brian and Denise should have consulted with you about the proper =

>way to
>> bow out of something that has consumed their lives for 17 years.
>>
>> And, they should have flown out to your house to show you their financial
>> records.
>>
>> You are an idiot.- Hide quoted text -

>Is it necessary to resort to name calling. I'm only voicing my
>opinion.
>.
>Don

So was I.

Pinsgonewild

Nov 17, 2010, 3:09:34 PM11/17/10
On Nov 17, 2:59 pm, (J.G. Wentworth) cash...@cashnow.com wrote:
> In article <e632c51a-f77a-4234-9058-40b6c7e04...@z9g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
> So was I.- Hide quoted text -

Your both real class acts.

Don.

Mike

Nov 17, 2010, 3:48:46 PM11/17/10
All I can say is...

THANK YOU Brian and Denise for all the hard work you have put in so
everyone could have fun all these years. I am sad to see PWC go, very
sad. Many great memories over all of these years with good friends as
well as with my dad, who is no longer with us. However, I can
understand the Hein's decision. These shows are a lot of hard work,
and lot of aggrivation, and a financial responsibility. Whatever the
reason for the Heins to discontinue the show, I tip my hat and say
thank you for the fun. Maybe it was just time, as they say.

My personal hope is that someone will come along to carry the torch.
If not, so be it, but if so... I want my 2 spaces please :)

-Mike F

> Don.- Hide quoted text -

Butch

Nov 17, 2010, 7:37:36 PM11/17/10
> Macungie, PA- Hide quoted text -

Harry
It's been a real pleasure working with you and the rest of the staff.
Also, hats off to all the guys & gals that I got to know from the
show. Hopefully I will get to see some of you in the future and we
will get a chance to have a couple of "pops" together.
Cheers
Butch

funrudy

Nov 17, 2010, 8:07:19 PM11/17/10
In article
<e4811431-9303-4120...@l17g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>,
Mike <coins...@aol.com> wrote:

> All I can say is...
>
> THANK YOU Brian and Denise for all the hard work you have put in so
> everyone could have fun all these years. I am sad to see PWC go, very
> sad. Many great memories over all of these years with good friends as
> well as with my dad, who is no longer with us. However, I can
> understand the Hein's decision. These shows are a lot of hard work,
> and lot of aggrivation, and a financial responsibility. Whatever the
> reason for the Heins to discontinue the show, I tip my hat and say
> thank you for the fun. Maybe it was just time, as they say.
>
> My personal hope is that someone will come along to carry the torch.
> If not, so be it, but if so... I want my 2 spaces please :)
>
> -Mike F

I second that!

And you have to bring Allen L. with you if there is another show!
Always in need of a good set of refinished legs and the two pins he
always brings!

Any baby news Mike??
Congrads in order????

Kory

Nov 17, 2010, 9:16:20 PM11/17/10
The one thing I would like to point out is that no matter who might
pick up the torch and carry on the great show that Spring Allentown
was - the most important thing will be for everyone to step forward
and support the next person to give it a go. Register games early,
buy flea market spots early, etc - if it happens make sure we all
support it from day one. Then the tradition can continue.

Kory

Unknown

Nov 18, 2010, 2:03:21 PM11/18/10
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:50:04 -0800 (PST), ldnayman <ldna...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Nov 16, 3:47 pm, Kory <hank...@aol.com> wrote:
>> That is really sad news.  Allentown to me is "the" spring event not to
>> miss.
>>
>> Kory
>
>Well since nobody will be going to Allentown, I invite you all to
>Jazzfest in New Orleans, Louisiana. It's got awesome music and even
>better food, drunk chicks everywhere, and awesome food.

You left NY?

tntquality

Nov 18, 2010, 9:10:57 PM11/18/10

Dear Brian, Denise and Tiffany!

I still am surprised you guys held out for 17 years!! I know its been
a real strain on your family. Even though its once a year, you spend
some 9 months planning it and it has probably become a constant source
of grief. It would be wonderful if the enjoyment of the event would
cover over the aggravation!!! It's sad that 5% of the people you
contact are -- to put it in civil terms -- so horrible!!!

The great news is that you DID put on a magnificent well run show for
thousands of people these past 17 years! That's QUITE a feather in
your caps for all three of you!!!

We did have lots of fun and it was neat to see so many games in one
place within driving distance of us folks on the Eastern Coast!

Thanks again for all the great memories and the best of luck to your
family---you deserve a good rest!!

Sincerely yours,

Todd N. Tuckey
TNT Amusements Inc