SM Spidey Sense mod info

m6onz5a

Nov 21, 2009, 8:36:08 AM11/21/09
Anymore info out there on this? I'm considering doing it to mine, but
I'd like to see some pictures/info on what ball gate was used etc.

Can that metal lane guide be purchased from Stern or elsewhere? I'd
like to put back to original if I don't like it.

TIA
Chas

m6onz5a

Nov 21, 2009, 9:03:46 AM11/21/09

Also during multiball sometimes spidey sense will spit out another
ball during multiball. I'm assuming that it takes into effect the ball
returning to the shooter lane, and the new ball about to be put into
play?? What about Ballle Royale too???

m6onz5a

Nov 21, 2009, 2:41:43 PM11/21/09

Has anyone even done this mod yet???? I can't find ANYTHING on it.

I wrote to Stern. Hopefully they can tell me something. (keeps fingers
crossed)

JDubbbs

Nov 21, 2009, 2:49:16 PM11/21/09
Chas

Ive never heard or seen a ball gate on this machine, kinda intrested
in what its purpose would be ?

If your ball is is going out the outlane everytime you hit spider
sense, all you need to do is tweek that standup post or put a post
sleeve on it. Both things take care of outlane drains.

John
jdubbbs

DugFreez

Nov 21, 2009, 2:50:57 PM11/21/09

I have never heard anyone mention it. I had wondered about it since
it has a setting for it in the options. I don't really understand what
it would change gameplay wise.

It would easy enough to change the settings and simulate how it
would react with the glass off. You could see for yourself how it
handles adding the additional ball when the spider sense switch is hit
and the original ball going back into the shooter lane.

It looks like, since they have the setting in the menu, they could
have made the option a quick change. Throw in a gate that could be
added and a removable piece between the shooter lane and the playfield
and it could have been a quick switch.

Now I'm interested to see how it reacts. Would the game auto plunge
the ball back into play, would you get another chance at the skill
shot, who knows. I might play around with it with the glass off when
I'm board.

m6onz5a

Nov 21, 2009, 4:22:44 PM11/21/09

I'm not concerned with outlane drains. I guess their is no real
purpose to have it return to the shooter lane except to take a short
break (like some old EM's have), but I thought it would make a neat
mod.

DugFreez:
when searching for the spidey sense mod I only come up with one other
message talking how the metal lane guide has to be cut in order for it
to return to the shooter lane which I don't want to do unless I can
get an extra one in case I don't like the mod I can put it back. It's
just something different.

Chas

Daniel Tonks

Nov 22, 2009, 3:30:37 AM11/22/09

As far as I know this mod is ONLY to deal with the fact that on some
machines the ball tends to end up in the outlanes when exiting the spidey
sense lane.

The setup option is there, however the last time I enquired (a year ago) the
option was NOT implemented and didn't do anything. Since the ball is
naturally re-launched if it ends up in the shooter lane anyways, I would
expect this setting is purely to deal with the multiball add-a-ball-feature
(ie. instead of immediately serving and launching a ball, wait for the ball
to enter the lane, launch it, then serve another).

Nothing relating to this mod has ever been sold... I'm not even sure if
there's a single machine in existance with it set up this way (and if there
were, it would be Lyman or Steve who would have it).

- Dan

TBK

Nov 22, 2009, 3:33:51 AM11/22/09
On Nov 22, 12:30 am, "Daniel Tonks" <dtonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM>
wrote:

Pat Choy here in SoCal has this mod on his SM - it's nice - I'll ask
him to post pics tomorrow night when I see him! The ball returns to
the shooter lane when the gate is open.

~Ron R
TBK=The Biggest Kid
"Route-rat extraordinaire!"

purplenurple

Nov 22, 2009, 4:01:31 AM11/22/09
Hi Ron, i emailed some pix of the mod to you.

azpinlawyer

Nov 22, 2009, 6:27:20 AM11/22/09
On Nov 22, 2:01 am, purplenurple <thearcadeadd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Ron, i emailed some pix of the mod to you.

Share!!!

m6onz5a

Nov 22, 2009, 6:33:16 AM11/22/09
On Nov 22, 4:01 am, purplenurple <thearcadeadd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Ron, i emailed some pix of the mod to you.

Yes please share!! :)

TBK

Nov 22, 2009, 3:51:11 PM11/22/09
OK I have them on Snapfish.com if someone wants to copy and post themn
elsewhere I'm OK with that too.

http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1783469015/a=141935162_141935162/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

TBK

Nov 22, 2009, 3:53:30 PM11/22/09

It's also linked to on my Facebook page for those of you on FB.

Kevin L

Nov 22, 2009, 7:51:30 PM11/22/09
Do you need to sign up for an account to view on snapfish?

DugFreez

Nov 22, 2009, 9:56:30 PM11/22/09

> On 2009-11-22 12:51:11 -0800, TBK <rrezen...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > OK I have them on Snapfish.com if someone wants to copy and post themn
> > elsewhere I'm OK with that too.
>
> >http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=1783469015/a=14193516...
>
> ~Ron

...well it was nice looking at that one picture. No way to make that
album public??

Anyone have a snapfish account so they can snag these and also a
photobucket account to post them to so everyone can see them?

TBK

Nov 22, 2009, 10:11:02 PM11/22/09

Daniel Tonks

Nov 23, 2009, 12:49:01 AM11/23/09

No luck. It still wants you to create an account just to view them.

What a horrible, horrible service.

- Dan

Kevin L

Nov 23, 2009, 1:55:41 AM11/23/09

No luck. I'd really like to see the pics but I won't sign up just to do
so. Pehaps you can mail them to someone who can host them.

m6onz5a

Nov 23, 2009, 4:50:15 AM11/23/09
On Nov 23, 1:55 am, Kevin L <tv.so...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 2009-11-22 19:11:02 -0800, TBK <rrezen...@gmail.com> said:
>
> > Let's see if this one works...
>
> >http://spideysensemod.snapfish.com/snapfish/otsc=SYE/otsi=WCR
>
> > ~Ron R
> > TBK=The Biggest Kid
> > "Route-rat extraordinaire!"
>
> No luck. I'd really like to see the pics but I won't sign up just to do
> so. Pehaps you can mail them to someone who can host them.

I took the 5 seconds it takes to sign up. No biggie. Thanks for the
pics!

TBK

Nov 23, 2009, 12:03:05 PM11/23/09

> No luck. It still wants you to create an account just to view them.
>
> What a horrible, horrible service.
>
> - Dan

It's a FREE service and the sign up is unbelievably quick - where is
the horrible part? I can't even recall a single piece of email I have
ever been sent by them.

Even on route machines you have to drop some coin to win a free game!

~Ron R
TBK=The Biggest Kid
"Route-rat extraordinaire!"

SD Pinball Club, OC Pinball League, RGP League

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

m6onz5a

Nov 23, 2009, 12:35:49 PM11/23/09
> "Route-rat extraordinaire!"- Hide quoted text -

I wrote to Stern (Tech Dept.) asking about the Mod, and he knows
nothing about it, but told me to check with PBR.

psk445

Nov 23, 2009, 12:42:14 PM11/23/09

PSSSTTTT you can put in any old email address, real or not and then
proceed to log in and see the pictures. There is no email
confirmation sent.
JJ

Daniel Tonks

Nov 23, 2009, 6:18:42 PM11/23/09
TBK <rrez...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > No luck. It still wants you to create an account just to view them.
> >
> > What a horrible, horrible service.
> >
> > - Dan
>
> It's a FREE service and the sign up is unbelievably quick - where is
> the horrible part? I can't even recall a single piece of email I have
> ever been sent by them.
>
> Even on route machines you have to drop some coin to win a free game!

I'm sure it's nice from an album poster's point of view, and security/groups
are great for posting family albums where not everyone should see it, but
making it absolutely impossible to view even a couple of basic photos
without first registering is quite draconian in this day and age. And there
are so many other photo sharing sites that don't require registration.

(I'm really not complaining about YOU or the effort you're going to - just
that site's method of operation.)

- Dan

Bingovit

Dec 5, 2009, 6:00:11 AM12/5/09
On 24 nov, 00:18, "Daniel Tonks" <dtonks@sunstormADD-DOT-COM> wrote:

Finally saw the mod, I almost forgot about it :))
I doubt if I'll ever add this at my game though, is it really worth
it?
I can't imagine it enhances the game that much actually.