WTT Cyclone in Portland, OR

1 view

Eric Hill

Jan 17, 2010, 7:18:38 PM1/17/10
Looking to trade my Cyclone, located in Portland, OR.

I purchased this machine as a project about a year ago and have put
quite a bit of work into it. The playfield was completely torn down,
cleaned, waxed, and re-rubbered about 5 months ago. Both flippers
have been rebuilt. New Pinball, Inc. repro Comet ramp, new ferris
wheel belt, NOS flipper bats, repro drop target decal. New 5V/12V
filter cap and rebuilt high voltage. New Rottendog LED display (I
know, the HV rebuild is now irrelevant but I had no way of testing the
original displays without doing so).

Playfield is day 1 factory mylar with average wear on the high traffic
non-mylared areas. The area above the rollovers, the ferris wheel
entrance, and the areas where the ball drops from ramps onto the
playfield all show some wear. This includes minor wear beneath all 5
skillshots, though you cannot see this without putting your nose up to
the glass. There are three broken plastics: left slingshot, spook
house, and the piece the between the rollovers and ferris wheel. Some
of the flag posts are missing.

The Cyclone ramp is cracked where the ball drops from the Comet ramp.
I repaired this with Ambroid ProWeld when I shopped the PF and it has
held up well.

The cabinet is in good condition. The biggest issue is that the front
left corner was completely blown out when I picked up the machine.
I've reglued this corner and installed a WPC style leg bracket. I
also filled the holes from the operator installed lock bar and touched
up the front panel with black lacquer Rustoleum.

Overall, a very nice Cyclone in 100% working order.

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/af169/eric_hill81/

For trades, I'm mainly looking for late 70s/early 80s Bally SS
machines. Specifically, I would love to find a Centaur, working or
not, complete or otherwise. Other machines I'd be interested in:

Flash Gordon
Skateball
Star gazer
Medusa
Nine ball
Lightning
Vector

Plus/minus cash depending on the machine. I would prefer to deal
locally (or within a day's drive) though I would consider shipping if
the trade were right.

Thanks for looking. Feel free to post any questions here.

-Eric

Noahpdavis

Jan 18, 2010, 11:18:45 AM1/18/10
I've been to Erics house and played this game a few times in the last
few months. After he's gone through them, all his games play and look
fantastic. This Cyclone is no exception! Eric does fantastic work.
Trade/deal with confidence on this one.

Noah

Eric Hill

Jan 20, 2010, 10:47:22 AM1/20/10