FYI: Seems like no licensing for films for Williams/Bally backglass.

1 view

greatw...@hotmail.com

Oct 10, 2009, 7:35:20 PM10/10/09
I know personally that Wayne Gillard said it is not possible. That
Williams is only interested in traditional screen printing or
translites, as per original manufacturer.

Nothing has happened with Gene Cunningham, Illinois Pin Ball. Could be
the same information from Williams. This was my only route for
licensing if allowed.

So for me it looks like a dead end on anything for Williams/Bally. A
real shame in that maybe this route would of allowed maybe a group of
people from all over the world to produce needed films. The license
holders could receive something & there would be more interest in
restoring older pins.

I did a one only Twilight Zone, from a scan & it looked very good. Yes
there was banding close up, but lit up & at players distance it was
mint. Its on its way to the USA, the owner or others can post their
opinions if they want.

Mark Gibson did a nice CUE-T Pinball clock, as seen in Gameroom Mag.
Unfortunately I didn't provide the translite for his project. I just
got 3 films which I will send him free, reverse printed just like
Seawitch. If there is interest I will get the blocking film layer cut
on brilliant chrome film & send it along. It isn't a hard process,
just very labour intensive doing the film install, & fixing any pieces
of letters that fall off.

My Seawitch backglass project is winding down & probably won't be done
again! Anyone still interested let me know, & if available you will be
contacted at completion (8/9 of 12 sold). This will make around 30
Seawitch glass made over the last year. My original order of 50 pieces
of tempered glass was short 1 & 2 not square. Of those some were test
glass for direct ink & films, which were seen at shows & people in the
business. I proved it can be done & I will settle for that. Back to a
years worth of playfield restoration with the backlog of playfields
here.

Anyone interested in pictures, can find the info here:
http://greatpinball.com/
http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/greatwichjohn/

I would like to say a big thank you, to the few that have provided me
with art for playfields & backglass. With out this small dedicated
group, nothing would have
happened. Thanks, John
Greatwich

Ballypinball

Oct 11, 2009, 8:18:08 AM10/11/09
On Oct 11, 10:35 am, "greatwichj...@hotmail.com"
<greatwichj...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I know personally thatWayneGillard said it is not possible. That
> Anyone interested in pictures, can find the info here:http://greatpinball.com/http://s36.photobucket.com/albums/e28/greatwichjohn/

> I would like to say a big thank you, to the few that have provided me
> with art for playfields & backglass. With out this small dedicated
> group, nothing would have
> happened.                                        Thanks, John
> Greatwich

Please don't include my name in every one of your posts.

Pinballace

Oct 11, 2009, 9:52:20 AM10/11/09
On Oct 10, 7:35 pm, "greatwichj...@hotmail.com"
<greatwichj...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Williams is only interested in traditional screen printing or
> translites, as per original manufacturer.

The new translites, cabinet art and other pinball artwork that are
being reproduced with that so called "new techology" are being done
with an inkjet printer and it doesn't seem to bother Williams.

greatw...@hotmail.com

Oct 11, 2009, 10:52:10 AM10/11/09

Yes that appears to be the direction of the party that I am not
suppose to name. Sorry for bringing you into my posts. But since I am
not suppose to call or email you or TPF. Maybe you could post the
Williams contact person for licensing, & people can see the process
for trying to get products made.

If that is posted maybe you can redeem the numerous people you have
offended over the years. It would be a start & maybe there would be
hope of pinballs rolling out of TPF. Or atleast maybe kits, fully
wired playfields & people could find others for cabinet/head, etc.

Aeneas

Oct 12, 2009, 3:23:22 AM10/12/09
> Maybe you could post the
> Williams contact person for licensing, & people can see the process
> for trying to get products made.

Roger Sharpe ?
Or did he only seek licenses to make games from and has nothing to do
with licensing of their own games ?

Aeneas.
-- http://www.flippers.be

Ballypinball

Oct 12, 2009, 7:40:43 AM10/12/09
On Oct 12, 1:52 am, "greatwichj...@hotmail.com"

TPF and IPB are the only Licensee's for Bally Williams parts, this is
perpetual and exclusive, so knowing the licensing person is not going
to help you.

The product must be manufactured as a supplier to a Licensee,
submitted by the licensee to Williams for approval.

If a licensee is not interested in working with you, that is their
business decision.

As for inkjet technology, I am sure it is easy to put something down
when they are unable to supply a competitive product.

Our Ink won't Fade/Crack/scratch, is resistant to more chemicals than
screen print, prints perfect registration and still has the same
raised print and dots/gradients as screen print.

greatw...@hotmail.com

Oct 12, 2009, 8:36:14 AM10/12/09
> raised print and dots/gradients as screen print.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reply & good luck on the new process.

greatw...@hotmail.com

Oct 18, 2009, 3:08:11 PM10/18/09
On Oct 12, 9:36 am, "greatwichj...@hotmail.com"
> Thanks for the reply & good luck on the new process.- Hide quoted text -

Well it looks like I will try & send Illinois Pin Ball a variety of
backglass art films. Maybe this will finally get things moving for
myself & others around the world. Anyone else with art for a test let
me know.