Very Sad News

HistoryHawk

Nov 16, 2007, 10:30:39 PM11/16/07

It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any
services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked
not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have
very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.
May He Rest In Peace!
Rob Hawkins

Lloyd Olson

Nov 16, 2007, 10:32:10 PM11/16/07
That is sad. Thank you for letting us know. My condolences to his loved
ones. LTG :(

"HistoryHawk" <imfo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

cody chunn

Nov 16, 2007, 10:41:14 PM11/16/07
Russ was a pinspiration! His submissions to the IPDB prompted me to do the
same. His contributions will be sorely missed, but his legacy will be
appreciated even more.

Cheers to him and his.

--
-cody
CARGPB4

Cliffy

Nov 16, 2007, 10:45:44 PM11/16/07
Oh goodness. I'm shocked :( I truly loved Russ. He made time for even
the dumbest, wet-behind-the-ears pinball fans like me and he did so with
real enthusiasm. I had him autograph my copy of his EM troubleshooting
guide years ago and he still had cataracts then. Didn't faze him. He
just put the book up within 6 inches of his face and signed it for me. I
will miss him talking my ears off at the shows. His friend Ron Lyons was
such a close friend I'm sure he is devastated right now. Rob, please
extend my sincere condolences to his wife and Ron. I am stunned.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

Fuey

Nov 16, 2007, 10:45:15 PM11/16/07
Sad news indeed, please pass on my condolences to his family.

Mike

In article
<398592ea-7cae-49bb...@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,

AL

Nov 16, 2007, 10:45:25 PM11/16/07

Russ' dedication to the history of pinball and the recording of it
shall be a valuable asset for generations to come. I have long enjoyed
his articles and correspondances through the years. IPDB is full of
his images and work.

He assisted my son Jon in researching a term paper, providing
information not found in other sources and connecting him with the
Gottlieb family. So much of what I know of pinball history is due to
his fiine work.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and our gratitude for his
work will long endure.

Thanks again Russ,

AL & Jon

greatw...@hotmail.com

Nov 16, 2007, 10:46:21 PM11/16/07

Sorry to hear him gone.

John Wart, jr

Nov 16, 2007, 10:51:44 PM11/16/07
That is sad news ;(

My condolences to Russ' family and friends

--
--john

CARGPB34
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

ch...@team-em.com

Nov 16, 2007, 10:55:06 PM11/16/07
A sad day. Although I never had the opportunity to meet Russ, his EM
Troubleshooting Guide was what got me started fixing my games. His
contributions to the hobby we love will endure forever. Thanks for
passing on the news and please offer everyone's condolences to the
family.
--
Chris Hibler

-On Nov 16, 9:30 pm, HistoryHawk <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday.

Magic Mike

Nov 16, 2007, 11:01:49 PM11/16/07
Sad news. My deepest condolences to his family.

Mike

alexf

Nov 16, 2007, 11:04:21 PM11/16/07

That is terribly sad. Russ was a great guy and an asset to the hobby.
He really helped to inspire me when I was contemplating doing a
pinball calendar. I always hoped to meet him in person but never got
the chance. He will truly be missed.

Sergio Johnson

Nov 16, 2007, 11:14:37 PM11/16/07
HistoryHawk wrote:

> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday.

Sad news indeed. Much of pin history would probably have been lost
without his efforts and his contribution to the IPDB was enormous. He
may have passed but he will not be forgotten.

Serg

Brian Saunders

Nov 16, 2007, 11:20:12 PM11/16/07

A few years ago Russ would send me an email from time to time about
something being discussed on this newsgroup, usually a Bally versus
Gottlieb discussion, (I got the idea from them he was pro-Bally) and
we'd have a good laugh about all the opinions being expressed.
The pinball community owes a great debt to this man for his book, his
numerous photographs of games that appear on the IPDB, and his helpful
nature.
It's inadequate in print, but thank you Russ Jensen for all you did
for us.
Brian Saunders Pinballs of the Past Lerna Il.

thabigwolf

Nov 16, 2007, 11:25:10 PM11/16/07
On Nov 16, 11:20 pm, Brian Saunders <bsaund...@consolidated.net>
wrote:
> Brian Saunders Pinballs of the Past Lerna Il.- Hide quoted text -

His family will be in my prayers...

John

Terrapin Mark

Nov 16, 2007, 11:27:50 PM11/16/07
Very sad news indeed!. You will be missed.

Mark Salas
CARGPB 30

Jim D. in TN

Nov 16, 2007, 11:31:22 PM11/16/07
On Nov 16, 10:30 pm, HistoryHawk <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any

Sad news indeed. Russ Jensen was always helpful via email and phone.
He got me going on the first game I tried to fix myself when I didn't
know a thing. Curiously, I was re-reading his book a week or two
ago. I was thinking once more of re-setting it to a more modern
format for him as its layout always annoyed me. Nevertheless, it was
the first pinball book I used and it taught me what little I know
about coils, solenoids, transformers, etc.

Rest in peace, Russ. You will not be soon forgotten.

For those who didn't know Russ Jensen, see his web site at
http://members.aol.com/rusjensen/. I believe some of the pinball
parts suppliers still have his EM book, Russ Jensen's Pinball
Troubleshooting Guide. Crow River lists it in stock at
http://www.crowriver.com/books/booksg.htm.

Ned Ledod

Nov 17, 2007, 12:33:09 AM11/17/07

Thanks for the information Rob. Russ was one of the earliest pinball
collectors and surely rates as one of the great pinball historians of
all time. He was a great help to me in getting the "Pinball Trader"
off the ground. I will miss him greatly. Unless Russ's family is in
need, I would suggest that we all make a donation to the IPDB in
Russ's name. There is a LOT of info. in there that would not exist if
it hadn't been for Russ. A great, great man. Dennis
Dodel.........................

GOCATGO

Nov 17, 2007, 1:13:50 AM11/17/07

Sorry to hear that. My condolences to his family.

Russ

Fred Kemper

Nov 17, 2007, 1:20:11 AM11/17/07
Sad indeed. Met Russ at expo long ago. Didn't get to spend
much time with him, but he was very friendly and fun to speak
with. I've read his EM manual, and it's a great contribution to
the hobby we call pinball.

He will be missed. :(

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
******************

Steve Charland

Nov 17, 2007, 1:29:12 AM11/17/07
Pinballs in heaven just got a great person to care for them. Russ will
be missed. -S (CARGPB1) (in memory of Russ Jensen)

AL

Nov 17, 2007, 1:57:21 AM11/17/07
On Nov 16, 10:29 pm, Steve Charland <ccharl...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Pinballs in heaven just got a great person to care for them. Russ will
> be missed. -S (CARGPB1) (in memory of Russ Jensen)

Nice sentiment Steve.

He joins the roster of the legends he spent his life acquainting us
with.
Harry, Dave, Ray, Sam, Lynn and others.

AL CARGPB 33(1/3)
www.Team-EM.com
Thanks Russ!

Steve Kulpa

Nov 17, 2007, 3:20:52 AM11/17/07
So sorry to hear that. Thanks for passing along the info.

steve
---
Steve Kulpa (cargpb10)
Hermitage, TN
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/faces/rgpidx.htm - Faces
http://www.geocities.com/stevekulpa/pinball.htm - Pinball

greenacarina

Nov 17, 2007, 6:02:44 AM11/17/07
That really really SUCKS! Damn it, I was always wondering what happened to
Russ on the newsgroup and figured he had his reasons for not posting or
whatever. His was a name I always associated with this hobby and the hobby
will not be the same without him. Never had a chance to meet the man, I'm
sorry to say. Russ, you will be greatly missed and I wish I'd gotten to talk
pinball with you.
Chris

josh.k...@comcast.net

Nov 17, 2007, 6:30:34 AM11/17/07
to pin...@pingeek.com

Hi Rob,
Sad to hear of Russ' passing. I was just thinking last night, that I
remember a few weeks ago, emailing him with a question about a prewar
pin, maybe for more information about one that I saw on Internet
Pinball Database, and his reply being that he was no longer into
pinball, which was not like Russ. For years, he put out some great
articles in Pingame Journal, and would tell me if I had any typos in
my Pinball In the Movies site, when I was wondering if anybody was
even reading this stuff.

Russ helped me put together this article a few years ago.
http://home.comcast.net/~josh.kaplan1/time.htm

Russ actually went out to the pin owner's home in California to
inspect the game, take some detailed pics, and gave me a detailed
report on the condition of the game.

Russ was one of the leading pinball historians out there. Check out
his site, with just some of his articles.
http://members.aol.com/rusjensen/

Rest In Peace Russ

Pingeek
http://www.pingeek.com
Get your pinball dvds here!

wvpinballguy

Nov 17, 2007, 7:32:41 AM11/17/07
I bought a ball bowler from him years ago, and he seemed to be a
great guy. He will surely be missed.
Mark M. (CARGPB5)

c...@provide.net

Nov 17, 2007, 7:49:08 AM11/17/07
On Nov 16, 10:30 pm, HistoryHawk <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote:

This is very sad indeed. I last talked to Russ about
6 months ago, I tried to get him to record an interview
for TOPcast. I kind of wish i pushed him a bit harder
for the interview, but he told me his wife was sick
and he was spending a lot of time helping her, and
really was not in the mood to talk about pinball.

Russ I know you're not reading RGP in heaven,
but just incase you do have internet access,
i wish your family all the best.

blackl...@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2007, 8:02:10 AM11/17/07
On Nov 16, 9:51 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com> wrote:
> That is sad news ;(
>
> My condolences to Russ' family and friends
>
> --
> --john
>
> CARGPB34http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>
> "HistoryHawk" <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> > passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any
> > services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked
> > not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> > additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have
> > very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.
> > May He Rest In Peace!
> > Rob Hawkins- Hide quoted text -

Yep, it's a sad day for pinball, I talked to him a couple times and he
was very helpful to me. He went above and beyond what a guy would
expect for free help. Rest in peace sir, your a good man.

Tim

TheKorn

Nov 17, 2007, 8:22:20 AM11/17/07
HistoryHawk <imfo...@gmail.com> wrote in news:398592ea-7cae-49bb-9872-
cdbea2...@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any
> services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked
> not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have
> very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.
> May He Rest In Peace!
> Rob Hawkins

Oh man...

I knew Russ was having health problems this year, but didn't know it was
that serious!

He was a tremendous asset to the pinball community, and I have to say
that I was honored to have met and conversed with him at several shows.
Truly a great gentleman with a boundless love for this hobby we all
share!

--
Have a home video that's trapped on your camera? Want to share it on the
web or on DVD?

http://www.webwidevideo.com/

09-F9-11-02-9D-74-E3-5B-D8-41-56-C5-63-56-88-C0
45-5F-E1-04-22-CA-29-C4-93-3F-95-05-2B-79-2A-B2

TheKorn

Nov 17, 2007, 8:30:20 AM11/17/07
AL <A...@team-em.com> wrote in news:dc2ce208-0a3a-4242-baf7-
540c53...@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> Russ' dedication to the history of pinball and the recording of it
> shall be a valuable asset for generations to come. I have long enjoyed
> his articles and correspondances through the years. IPDB is full of
> his images and work.

The funny thing is that I knew the name "Russ Jensen" for a long time
before I met the man. Seemed like for a while, every last game that I
looked up in the IPDB had at least a few pictures in it by Russ! Just
the body of work that he's given back freely via the IPDB is astounding!
( 1107 images! )

Sigh... I'm going to really miss Russ!

chuckster

Nov 17, 2007, 9:23:31 AM11/17/07
Sad news.......RIP Russ.

On Nov 17, 8:30 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:
> AL <A...@team-em.com> wrote in news:dc2ce208-0a3a-4242-baf7-

> 540c532fe...@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Frank J

Nov 17, 2007, 9:24:26 AM11/17/07
> HistoryHawk <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote in news:398592ea-7cae-49bb-9872-
> cdbea24f5...@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> > It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> > passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any
> > services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked
> > not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> > additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have
> > very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.
> > May He Rest In Peace!
> > Rob Hawkins

Wow. I picked up the Complete Pinball Book last night for the first
time in a while and scanned through it. I saw a picture of an old EM
and thought about Russ. It was then that I realized that he had not
posted in quite a while. Now, I wake up to this news.

Russ was where you went for EM information before RGP and the
internet.

My condolences to his family. Rest in Peace my pinball friend.

Frank Brown

abc...@iquest.net

Nov 17, 2007, 9:42:47 AM11/17/07
I'm *very* saddened by this news. I sort of sensed something must've been
wrong since I hadn't seen Russ at Expo the past couple (few?) years. He was
an early staple of that event for me. He always carried around a note book to
all of the seminars and the Internet Get Togethers, and was always taking
notes. I had the pleasure of sitting next to him once and he and I exchanged
some pleasantries. He was a *very* kind gentleman; very knowledgeable.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Jensen...
Jeff Giesting

My Homepage: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/
Team EM Site: http://www.team-em.com
My email address is abc123"nospam"@iquest.net - Remove the "nospam"
WTB: K_N_O_C_K_O_U_T and S_L_I_C_K_C_H_I_C_K

lcwo...@yahoo.com

Nov 17, 2007, 9:56:37 AM11/17/07
On Nov 16, 10:30 pm, HistoryHawk <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any
> services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked
> not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have
> very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.
> May He Rest In Peace!
> Rob Hawkins

Rob,
This is sad news, indeed. The hobby has lost one of the good
guys...Thank you for making Russ' passing known to this group.
Russ was always willing to give advice and do whatever he could to
advance our hobby. He supplied me with a schematic for and old 1948
United pin called Rondeevoo when no one else seemed to have that
info...He didn't know me from Adam but sent me a copy of the schematic
for free. I had just gotten into this hobby (1991) when that occurred
and his kindness and generosity has stood me well during the 16 years
I have been in this hobby. He set an example that I try to follow for
freely sharing with other hobbyists....
God Bless you Russ Jensen...May you rest in peace...........
Larry

josh.k...@comcast.net

Nov 17, 2007, 9:58:26 AM11/17/07

I spoke with Russ over the phone about a little over a year ago. His
wife was not in the best of health even back then, or I would have
gone out to California to visit him. He told some great stories on the
phone about the old 30's pins, but I had no way to record the
conversation and didn't make notes. Unfortunately.

josh.k...@comcast.net

Nov 17, 2007, 10:00:27 AM11/17/07
On Nov 17, 8:30 am, TheKorn <TheK...@TheKorn.Net> wrote:
> AL <A...@team-em.com> wrote in news:dc2ce208-0a3a-4242-baf7-
> 540c532fe...@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Russ told me before his vision got really bad, he attended I think
California Extreme every year, and took lots of pics. I know he
attended Expo for several years as well.

Funky Pinaholic

Nov 17, 2007, 10:17:39 AM11/17/07
On Nov 17, 12:29 am, Steve Charland <ccharl...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Pinballs in heaven just got a great person to care for them. Russ will
> be missed. -S (CARGPB1) (in memory of Russ Jensen)

A great way to put it Steve. I agree 100%. Russ will be missed here.

Cliffy

Nov 17, 2007, 11:17:24 AM11/17/07

Very nicely put, Clay. Russ was the true definition of a gentleman. I
was extremely saddened when Rob posted of his passing last night. I lost
a close friend. We have all lost a very good friend. Even this morning
as I woke up it was the first thing on my mind. I wish you had been able
to get him on TOPcast. I'm taking a cue from Steve Charland this morning
and memorializing him in my sig for some time. I miss you, Russ.

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2

(in memory of Russ Jensen)

A passion for pinball!
http://www.passionforpinball.com

Unknown

Nov 17, 2007, 11:35:06 AM11/17/07
Russ was one the best in the hobby! I enjoyed his passion and enthusiasm..
He will live on in my heart as I was glad to know him. Rest In Peace.

Sincerely,

Jesse

Marvin G

Nov 17, 2007, 2:54:34 PM11/17/07
On 11/16/07 10:30 PM, in article
398592ea-7cae-49bb...@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,
"HistoryHawk" <imfo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any
> services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked
> not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have
> very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.
> May He Rest In Peace!
> Rob Hawkins

Very sorry to hear this. Russ was always willing to help anyone in the
hobby. He sent paperwork to me on several occasions simply trusting that it
would be returned. I also had the pleasure to meet him and chat at several
Expos. The hobby has lost one of its best. Betcha he's bouncing around the
arcades in heaven collecting even more history from those early figures in
pinball. RIP Russ, we'll all miss you.

Marvin G.
EM Pinball, And Nothing But!
http://mysite.verizon.net/~woodrails

Eric Kantor

Nov 17, 2007, 4:30:09 PM11/17/07
Click on the kink for an article that Russ Jenson wrote about Pinball
Expo1988. http://www.scholzroland.de/VPStuff/EXPO88.htm

"Ned Ledod" <pin...@charter.net> wrote in message

Ken In Texas

Nov 17, 2007, 8:16:04 PM11/17/07
Wow...what bad news a a great loss for the hobby....go with God my friend :(

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Jay

Nov 18, 2007, 2:11:13 AM11/18/07
I am saddened to hear of Russ' passing. Russ always helped me about
pinball history whenever I asked, and he helped me in identifying
older games when I had not a clue. Indeed, he was a major and long-
time contributor to the ipdb, and many listings there will show that
his images often were the first ones presented to us. Once, I remember
how important he made me feel when, out of the blue, he sent to me
practically a book's worth of nice copies of old pinball machine
pictures and articles, just so I would have them to draw upon. Russ
wanted all of us to know about these machines, and our hobby is a
better place because of him. Only by inspiration from his example
might we draw modest comfort at this sorrowful time.

May God bless Russ and his family.

See you, Russ,

Jay Stafford

On Nov 16, 7:30 pm, HistoryHawk <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group thatRussJensen
> passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any

> services yet. I was aware ofRuss'spassing on Monday, but was asked

> not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have

> very fond memories ofRussand his untiring devotation to our hobby.

TimMe

Nov 18, 2007, 3:30:34 AM11/18/07
We lost another one of the great ones. We are all very lucky to have
had Russ in the hobby, and I for one will never forget him or his
considerable contributions. I'm really going to miss seeing Russ and
talking EM pinball with him at the shows.

- TimMe (CARGPB3)

ga...@earthling.net

Nov 18, 2007, 6:38:21 AM11/18/07
To those that didn't know the gentleman Russ Jensen and for those that
wish to be reminded of of his contribution see:-

http://members.aol.com/rusjensen/

We'll miss you Russ

Gary Flower

Todd Tuckey

Nov 19, 2007, 12:11:39 PM11/19/07
Very Sad...Russ will be missed. Todd from TNT Amusements

fawdown

Nov 19, 2007, 12:48:06 PM11/19/07
I was going to buy a few tabletops from the large warehouse where he
found a stash of games. He sent me a huge list of games, then took
pics of ones I was interested in. I decided not to get any at the
time, but I think I probably should have.

Unknown

Nov 19, 2007, 4:30:42 PM11/19/07
Hello..

I setup a Memorial page for Russ at http://www.firstgiving.com/pinballmemory

Regards,

Jesse

"HistoryHawk" <imfo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any

> services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked

> not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have

> very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.

Steve C

Nov 19, 2007, 11:02:20 PM11/19/07
That really is sad news about Russ.

I traded some emails with him back in the late 90s regarding the games SkyLab
and SpaceLab and he helped by tracking down someone that worked on the game and
asked the person about the differences between the games.

Before all this though, I had written something in an email where I used the
word "alot" and Russ sent me an email back almost immediately saying that he had
one pet peeve - it isn't "alot" but "a lot" and that it drove him nuts when
someone put the words together. I asked him about "could care less" versus
"couldn't care less" and he said that yes, that was an even bigger pet peeve.
Turned out that he had a lot of those pet peeves (loose vs. lose was another
one).

He sent me his phone number and I called and spoke with him for about an hour.
We joked about the language and then spoke more about what it was like when he
was a kid and how he got started in pinball and how it turned in to somewhat of
an obsession. I wish I would have taped the conversation because it was very
interesting. He kept asking me if I had ever played an "XYZ" game (fill in the
name) and the games were all old. I told him no, not that one, and he would
explain why he either liked the game or didn't. Just talking about it would
remind him of another game and he'd ask if I played that one or not and the
scenario just kept repeating. It was fun just listening to his stories.

We'll miss you Russ and my condolensces to his family.

stevebo

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:30:39 -0800 (PST), HistoryHawk <imfo...@gmail.com>

elvis

Nov 20, 2007, 2:22:40 AM11/20/07
On Nov 16, 9:30 pm, HistoryHawk <imforp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It is with great sadness that I pass on to this group that Russ Jensen
> passed away last Saturday. There have been no plans made for any
> services yet. I was aware of Russ's passing on Monday, but was asked
> not to announce anything until just tonight. I will pass on any
> additional information as I become aware of it. I know we all have
> very fond memories of Russ and his untiring devotation to our hobby.
> May He Rest In Peace!
> Rob Hawkins

i am sorry to hear this

love his site and his memories of pinball.

a real collector and a "lifetime of memories"..

he loved it.

DEREK MOORE
mission ks.

Keith Stelter

Nov 25, 2007, 7:25:31 AM11/25/07
I was extremely fortunate to have known both Russ and Dick Bueschel (who
passed away several years ago). Both of them were incredible people who were
always completely upbeat about coin op stuff. In a hobby where most people
are snobs about collecting both Russ and Dick were genuinely thrilled for
you if you bought anything coin operated be it a Big Bang Bar or a $10.00
condom machine! The first time that I met Russ I mentioned to him that I was
trying to restore an old woodrail, but that the cabinet had been stripped
and painted green. A week or so later I got an envelope from him (he got my
address from Dick B) with about a dozen detailed pics of the cabinet artwork
for the game. He had made the trip to a friend's house to take the pictures
for me! Keep in mind that this was in the 1980's, BEFORE the internet and
digital cameras! What a GREAT guy! The best tribute that we can give him is
to be as helpful and positive with each other as we possibly can! If someone
needs a part that you have, stick it in an envelope and send it to them! If
someone buys a Popeye, celebrate with them instead of running it down! I can
imagine Russ and Dick Bueschel right now having a great conversation in
heaven about a coin operated shoeshine machine or some other crazy thing!
We'll miss you Russ!