IRS Auction IN MN, A list of all the games

Jeff (JAW)

Aug 21, 2005, 9:02:43 AM8/21/05
I saw a guy on Ebay selling information for an auction that had a TZ
for $30.00, after some digging I found the information on the internet.
Here is the link for anyone in that area. I would love to go but the
drive for me would be over 14 hours. Some of these games are going to
go cheap. IF you do go and you make out good. Please feel free to pick
me up a Valley Cougar Dart board. I'll pick it at the Expo.

http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm

Hollywood Skill Crane
Pinball Dinosaur Park
Candy Crane
Token Machine
Candy crane
Hop-a-(tic tac toe)
Hop-a-(tic tac toe)
Pinball Machine Twilight Zone (out of Order)
Hook Pinball Machine
Johnny mnemonic Pinball Machine
Slugfest Pinball Machine
Valley Cougar Darts
Valley Cougar Darts
Rollin' for Gold (coin drop)
Home Run Hitter
Rock N' Bowl
Rock N' Bowl
Wheel' M In
Wheel' M In
Kiddies (ride on Dolphin)
Little Pro
Star Wars Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park Pinball Machine
Lethal Weapon Pinball Machine
Funhouse Pinball Machine
Funhouse Pinball Machine
Elvira and the Party Monsters Pinball Machine
Gilligan's Island Pinball Machine
Sega Daytona USA
Sega Daytona USA
Sega Daytona USA
Midway Blitz 99
Ramster Arkanoid
Atari Apb
Taito Twin Eagle
Midway Ultimate Mortal Combat
Midway Pacman
Golden Tee 2K
Ninetendo Super Punch Out
Midway Terminator 2 Judgment Day
Midway Revolution X
Area 51
Gunfighters II Lethal Enforcers
Atari Pacmania
Midway Ms. Pacman
World Cup USA 94

abc123...@iquest.net

Aug 21, 2005, 9:19:05 AM8/21/05
In article <1124629363....@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, "Jeff (JAW)" <je...@jeffpinball.com> wrote:
>I saw a guy on Ebay selling information for an auction that had a TZ
>for $30.00, after some digging I found the information on the internet.
>Here is the link for anyone in that area. I would love to go but the
>drive for me would be over 14 hours. Some of these games are going to
>go cheap. IF you do go and you make out good. Please feel free to pick
>me up a Valley Cougar Dart board. I'll pick it at the Expo.
>
>http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/samn_comm_938.htm

Great find, Jeff!!

Thanks for sharing,
Jeff Giesting

S_T_A_R G_A_Z_E_R Owners List: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/sg.html

My Homepage: http://members.iquest.net/~abc123/

Remove the "nospam" from my e-mail address to send me a message.

Jeff (JAW)

Aug 21, 2005, 9:50:00 AM8/21/05
Toot Sweet

Bryan Kelly

Aug 21, 2005, 9:54:06 AM8/21/05
I'm not sure just how cheap the pins will go for. This was covered
last week and it sounds like quite a few guys from the Twin Cities area
are going. I'd like to go but there's really nothing I'm looking for.

Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

"Warning! Achtung! Run away, Run away!: BK restorations may emit a
shower of sparks or flames or both. Keep a safe distance (like four
city blocks). Never return to a restoration once lit. Hot hot hot!"

(Sig line compliments of Clive at the Coin-Op Cauldron.)

John Wart, jr

Aug 21, 2005, 10:17:16 AM8/21/05
A good point that was mentioned last time is IRS auctions can be cancelled
at the last minute if the debtor finds the back taxes and can pay them - so
driving that far could be fruitless if the person who owes taxes can come up
with them!

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"Bryan Kelly" <bske...@aol.com> wrote in message

Lloyd Olson

Aug 21, 2005, 1:52:54 PM8/21/05
I thought you were going dad ? LTG :)

"Bryan Kelly" <bske...@aol.com> wrote in message

> I'm not sure just how cheap the pins will go for. This was covered
> last week and it sounds like quite a few guys from the Twin Cities area
> are going. I'd like to go but there's really nothing I'm looking for.
>
> Bryan (CARGPB14) http://usergallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/bspins

Bryan wanted a new truck. Bryan's wife wanted a new sports car. Things were
tense. Then she informed Bryan her birthday was coming up and she wanted
something that went from zero to two hundred in four seconds. Bryan got her
a scale for her birthday. Services will be 8:00am on tuesday.

> (Sig line compliments of Lloyd at the Coin-Op Cathedral.)

PinDude

Aug 21, 2005, 2:37:17 PM8/21/05
Now that's funny. :)

i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball

Aug 21, 2005, 4:35:46 PM8/21/05
thanks
they wont go cheap thow. even if only 2 guys are there that know about
pins, they will go to the normal bidding price. thats how auctions
work. plus the auctioneer will do their deed to get the right amount.

Rockola

Aug 21, 2005, 6:55:31 PM8/21/05
For a storage auction the stuff looks pretty clean. I bet on high
prices.

zTim

Boyd Bottorff

Aug 21, 2005, 7:27:59 PM8/21/05

Maybe, but there won't be any buybacks with this one.

i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball

Aug 22, 2005, 1:47:47 PM8/22/05
but the irs does have to get a minimum bid on them. i already asked.
they have to get what the person owes in taxes.

BUY...@aol.com

Aug 22, 2005, 5:52:05 PM8/22/05
wrong what they don't get the person still owes

Lloyd Olson

Aug 22, 2005, 7:04:01 PM8/22/05
How about this part from the website -

Only the right, title and interest of the taxpayer in and to the property
will be offered for sale. If requested, the Internal Revenue Service will
furnish information about possible encumbrances, which may be useful in
determining the value of the interest being sold.

Does that mean if there are leans or anything already against the equipment,
that even if you buy it, you might not have clear title to it ? LTG :)

<BUY...@AOL.COM> wrote in message

BUY...@aol.com

Aug 22, 2005, 7:54:19 PM8/22/05
You might be right on the money there if he still owes a bank and you
buy it you might now own bank, But we have bought from irs before they
really don't care about selling price , Pres needs cash to send overseas

Flyinwalenda

Aug 22, 2005, 7:57:40 PM8/22/05
It they operate like a local county tax sale(property sale to pay
back taxes) the new owner takes on all responsibilities of the property.
Liens, lawsuits,etc etc..
That question should be asked before bidding on anything. But if it's
like most other tax sales and if the owner is established and not in
that much trouble there is a good chance they will come up with the
money at the 11'th hour.

i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball

Aug 24, 2005, 1:05:46 AM8/24/05
thats not what i was told directly.

i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball

Aug 24, 2005, 1:06:35 AM8/24/05

Mark Teskey

Aug 24, 2005, 11:33:12 AM8/24/05
From somebody that was this >< close to taking off work to go to this
and successfully got scared away by the talk of no deals to be had (nice
tactic, by the way.. it worked)..

How'd people make out on this one?

-Mark.

In article <1124859995.3...@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
who...@hotmail.com says...

ANonEbaySeller

Aug 24, 2005, 6:59:03 PM8/24/05
About 50 people there. Most pins went at book or higher. Many vids higher
than eBay. They made $21,000 early (what the IRS required) so then they
stopped selling individuals and lotted the last batch of 15 games and
someone paid $6500 for it, then claimed he was headed to eBay and was
offering his insanely high belief of eBay prices to sell them on the spot
there, even before he had won the lot bid.

"Mark Teskey" <mark....@visi.com> wrote in message

i'm happy-talky-talking tina, here's your extra ball

Aug 25, 2005, 2:07:07 AM8/25/05
thats what i for saw:).
people dont get deals anymore cuz too many "newbies" or" newbie techs"
are trying to get the non working stuff too.

Greg Kemnitz

Aug 26, 2005, 4:08:03 AM8/26/05
For those wondering if it was worth going to the auction in Sartell,
MN, here are the selling prices for all of the lots sold. I'm off by
$50 somewhere on the hammer prices according to what the auctioneer
said the final total was, but one of -his- final prices was wrong, and
corrected downward by $25 when the buyer paid, so I suspect I'm really
only off $25, or perhaps dead on if the other buyer got their price
corrected...

Here they are, in the order the lots were sold... there was no buyers
premium, and no sales tax -- a very pleasant surprise!

Candy Crane $250
Golden Tee 2k $400
Hollywood Skill Crane $500
Candy crane $275
Pinball Dinosaur Park $50
Area 51 $650
Midway Ms. Pacman $725
World Cup USA 94 $975
Hook Pinball Machine $1175
Twilight Zone Pinball Machine $2200
Johnny mnemonic Pinball Mach $1075
Gilligan's Island Pinball Machine $1050
Jurassic Park Pinball Machine $1125
Star Wars Pinball Machine $1300
Funhouse Pinball Machine $1500
Slugfest Pinball Machine $900
Lethal Weapon Pinball Machine $1250
Midway Ultimate Mortal Combat $500
Valley Cougar Darts $450
Valley Cougar Darts $475
Hop-a-(tic tac toe) $100
Hop-a-(tic tac toe) $100
Atari Apb $300
Midway Revolution X $350
Sega Daytona USA $900
Sega Daytona USA $900
Sega Daytona USA $900

At this point, they grouped the rest into one lot and sold it for
$6700. The items in this lot were:

Home Run Hitter
Kiddies (ride on Dolphin)
Gunfighters II Lethal Enforcers
Ramstar Arkanoid

Rollin' for Gold (coin drop)

Wheel' M In
Wheel' M In

Rock N' Bowl
Midway Pacman

Midway Terminator 2 Judgment Day

Ninetendo Super Punch Out
Taito Twin Eagle
Atari Pacmania

Elvira and the Party Monsters Pinball Machine

Funhouse Pinball Machine
Little Pro
Rock N' Bowl

Mentioned as going to be at the auction, but not seen there are:

Midway Blitz 99
Token Machine