US Amusement auction in Indy this past weekend.

MadDog

Mar 31, 2008, 12:52:00 PM3/31/08
Greetings,

I attended the US amusement auction this weekend in Indianapolis &
thought some of you may be interested in what the machines brought.
Not sure about the buyers premium & this is the order the machines
went in.

Last Action Hero - working, little worn/dirty playfield - $950.00

High Speed - working, little worn/dirty playfield- $650.00

South Park - kinda rough, dirty, lost balls playfield work a bit... -
$ 1,400.00

Harley Davidson - working, Clean play field, looked to be 100% - $
2,000.00

Mario Andretti - not working, missing part of display - $ 425.00

Creature of the Black Lagoon - working clean playfield, looked to be
100% - $ 2,000.00

Cue Ball Wizard, not working, rough - $ 350.00

Twister, working, clean , seemed to be 100% - 1,050.00

Dr. Who, working, worn playfield & dirty - $950.00

cg

KYPinGuy

Mar 31, 2008, 1:48:06 PM3/31/08

10% buyers premium, 6% tax. The CFTBL had a credit dot, one line
missing in it's DMD (farthest right), messed up ramp and a little wear
around the scoops. The translite was messed up some as well, but the
cab had no fade and the hologram looked okay when I shined a light
into it. The machine was locked and not on free play, so I didn't get
to look at it really well.

HS was missing it's topper, but was nice for it's age. Looked like a
day-one mylar to me. Some wear up top.

You missed the trash Williams Time Zone that sold for $175! I
wouldn't have paid $50 for that turd.

Butterflygirl24

Mar 31, 2008, 2:33:40 PM3/31/08
> wouldn't have paid $50 for that turd.- Hide quoted text -

It was a Williams Time Warp...and I paid $95.00 for it $110.00 after
all the fees...and it is in my garage working as we speak!! I swapped
a working driver board into it and it worked. The bananna flippers
were not installed, it had regular flippers...but the bananna flippers
were in the bottom (dirty but solid) of the cabinet so I put them back
on and all the manuals and paper work were in it also It looked pretty
rough but once it is cleaned up it will be a good little pin!! I might
not get to it for awhile, but when I do it will be a nice game for the
gameroom!

Phoebe

KYPinGuy

Mar 31, 2008, 3:04:57 PM3/31/08

My apologies - I misheard the price. I'm glad you got it up and going
so quickly - it really looked rough to me, I must've judged too
quickly.

Butterflygirl24

Mar 31, 2008, 8:37:36 PM3/31/08
> quickly.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe you heard the hammer price on the bingo that went first...:-)
The Time Warp actually was pretty rough, I would say that most anyone
else would have parted it out without even thinking a second thing
about it.. but that is the way I like to buy them. Then I fix them up
and get them running and have a nice pin at a reasonable price. Plus I
have saved another pin from the junk pile. I got my Solar Fire at the
Indy auction in October of '06...it is all fixed up and it has been to
a couple shows and is a great little pin! I guess I just look at the
potential the pin has...and go from there! :-)
Phoebe

KYPinGuy

Mar 31, 2008, 9:03:36 PM3/31/08

I hear you! I have a Capt. Fantastic and two Playboys that would have
been burned by most people (except for two of the backglasses, which
were nice). I just missed the potential on that machine. I honestly
hope to play it at a show some day.