Safecracker found pics

highjon

Mar 30, 2008, 8:34:15 PM3/30/08
Hi guys
Got a little bit lucky last week when I found this little beauty :-)
and I mean FOUND!
see pics - http://www.flickr.com/photos/8585338@N07/sets/72157604134226411/
cheers
John from Glasgow / Scotland

John Wart, jr

Mar 30, 2008, 8:37:16 PM3/30/08
Wow John, that's a find indeed!

Give them your number and next time, you can haul it away instead of them
doing that!

--
--john

CARGPB34
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"highjon" <jnhi...@lineone.net> wrote in message

PinB Brian Hodgson

Mar 30, 2008, 8:42:59 PM3/30/08
Wow..... Someone upstairs likes you today! Must be a sweet feeling

Brian

"John Wart, jr" <johnw...@johnwartjr.com> wrote in message

5voltsr...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2008, 8:43:21 PM3/30/08
On Mar 30, 7:37 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com> wrote:
> Wow John, that's a find indeed!
>
> Give them your number and next time, you can haul it away instead of them
> doing that!
>
> --
> --john
>
> CARGPB34http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>
> "highjon" <jnhigg...@lineone.net> wrote in message

> > Hi guys
> > Got a little bit lucky last week when I found this little beauty :-)
> > and I mean FOUND!
> > see pics -
> >http://www.flickr.com/photos/8585338@N07/sets/72157604134226411/
> > cheers
> > John from Glasgow / Scotland- Hide quoted text -

Nice Find!!!! Nothing like just dropping off your pin forever.

gbi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2008, 8:57:42 PM3/30/08
That's quite the score. I think you're going to need a topper. :-)

That thing has better looking legs than some of the games I've PAID
for.

You should chronicle the machine's ressurection and keep us updated.

-Gregg B.

hond...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2008, 9:15:06 PM3/30/08
On Mar 30, 6:34 pm, highjon <jnhigg...@lineone.net> wrote:
> Hi guys
> Got a little bit lucky last week when I found this little beauty :-)
> and I mean FOUND!
> see pics -http://www.flickr.com/photos/8585338@N07/sets/72157604134226411/

> cheers
> John from Glasgow / Scotland

Someone must have had a really bad game! I have seen people beat on
machines but to flip it on it top and throw it out ,that is taking it
to a new level!

highjon

Mar 30, 2008, 9:24:26 PM3/30/08

Yeah - the thread should be named "Topper & Coin Door wanted " -
seriously, where can I get them?
I will keep a record of its refurbishment and post the pics.
cheers
John

captkirk

Mar 30, 2008, 9:33:34 PM3/30/08
On Mar 30, 8:34 pm, highjon <jnhigg...@lineone.net> wrote:
> Hi guys
> Got a little bit lucky last week when I found this little beauty :-)
> and I mean FOUND!
> see pics -http://www.flickr.com/photos/8585338@N07/sets/72157604134226411/

> cheers
> John from Glasgow / Scotland

What a great story. Keep us in the loop. Post what parts you need.

captkirk

nuggy

Mar 30, 2008, 9:44:44 PM3/30/08
maybe its stolen, doesnt look quite right to me?

good score nonetheless.

gbi...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2008, 9:50:22 PM3/30/08
That topper dome might be a little tricky to track down.

Any WPC door will work (may require adapter cable to accomodate
different models) - the problem will be finding the correct coin
entrance for the token slot. Anyone know where to get one and what
world currency coin would be an acceptable substitute?

Hopefully someone from your side of the world can step up and help so
shipping costs won't be unbearable.

I've got a coin door if you want to pay shipping from US.

-Gregg B.

Tahoe41

Mar 30, 2008, 10:13:32 PM3/30/08
What an awesome score!!!!!

Rotary beacon light can be found here....

http://www.happcontrols.com/gaming/accessories/95011510l.htm

Order the red beacon, with the optional chrome ring:

Mike

Tahoe41

Mar 30, 2008, 10:33:26 PM3/30/08
That would be part #95-0115-10UC to be specific, worked perfectly on
my SC....

Mike

John Wart, jr

Mar 30, 2008, 11:14:23 PM3/30/08
There's a coin door laying in the muck next to it. Depending on what style
door it is, you might be able to salvage the coin entrance.

My German reimport SC was a single slot, electronic mech door, but it was an
Entropy door, and I just swapped the entrance and cradle at the bottom onto
a 2 slot US entropy door and I was set.

--
--john

CARGPB34
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

<gbi...@gmail.com> wrote in message

mgk

Mar 30, 2008, 11:24:39 PM3/30/08
man, great story
great post

been sick the past few days, feeling down, and this brought me up

awesome =)

bobbyd...@googlemail.com

Mar 31, 2008, 1:28:19 AM3/31/08
very very cool find BUT. . . I have to play devil's advocate here. If
that thing was kicked out the back door of a pub by some drunk a-hole,
there's a good chance it belongs to an operator somewhere who is
certainly going to miss it as part of his income and livelihood. I'm
not trying to make you feel guilty- finders keepers and all, but. . .

MatchFeature9%ByDefault

Mar 31, 2008, 1:53:37 AM3/31/08
On Mar 30, 8:34 pm, highjon <jnhigg...@lineone.net> wrote:
> Hi guys
> Got a little bit lucky last week when I found this little beauty :-)
> and I mean FOUND!
> see pics -http://www.flickr.com/photos/8585338@N07/sets/72157604134226411/

> cheers
> John from Glasgow / Scotland

was the establishment still open? didn't look so. I'd say if that
place was closed then good find. if it's open still, then someone
might still want that game. Either way, awesome find!

Captain Neo

Mar 31, 2008, 1:58:12 AM3/31/08
with something like that. It's not his problem. If the bar is not
responsible enough to keep their clientell in line, then the bar
should be responsible for it. They will have to pay loss. I have a
feeling it kept breaking down, or the op that owned it, gave shitty
service, and the bar got fed up and threw it out. Nevertheless, that
is an awesome score. Even if you dont' like it, you can always trade
it for something you do like.

:)

Pinball Jeff

Mar 31, 2008, 2:15:55 AM3/31/08
Just out of curiosity, how did you find out about it? Someone call
you or did you get lucky and happen to be looking that way when you
passed by?

highjon

Mar 31, 2008, 6:25:01 AM3/31/08

A truck driver friend called me on Saturday and said he was working on
a site, where they were building a new pub, between Glasgow &
Edinburgh.
He said it had been lying there for two days with JCBs & trucks
trundling past it - hadnt rained, luckily enough.
This truck driver only recently started coming to our league meets ,
for a beer or two - glad he did now :-) otherwise no-one else would
have given a damn.
There was a cottage nearby, we genuinlely tried to find the owners but
the cottage was also empty - earmarked for demolition, as was the pub.
I dont think it belonged to an Op, as , if you look at the pics you
will notice the slingshot rubbers are actually rubber/ elastic bands -
I dont think it has been maintained since new. It had a couple of
niggly (easily fixable) faults, which perhaps the pub owners couldnt
fix. Basically it looks as though it has been bought with no service/
maintenance cover, went faulty, stored away, and was too heavy for
anyone to care about once they vacated the pub.
Basically - I've got no guilt issues here at all, in fact, I am one of
only several people in Scotland who would be interested in it, so it
was good fortune it found its way to me :-)
It has a coin door - as pointed out - but it only has one coin slot,
no coin mech - Its my limited understanding that SC has two - one for
coins, one for tokens. correct? Can I not achieve "Assault the Vault"
without the token function?
Thanks for the red beacon links guys- most welcome
Basically need coin door/ coin mech/ tokens/ red beacon/ topper / very
minor cosmetic touchups to cabinet & chrome edging
Looking forward to restoring it to its former glory - if I need to
ship from US then no probs
Give me a week or so to finish the RoadKings that I am doing at the
moment and I will get my teeth into it :-)
cheers again
John

Captain Neo

Mar 31, 2008, 1:26:50 PM3/31/08
actually, assult on the vault can be achieved with the very next game
played on the machine. Regardless where the credit comes from. You
can set it for not token and it will give you the credit, which the
next game you'll play assult on the vault.

John Wart, jr

Mar 31, 2008, 5:28:43 PM3/31/08
US domestic games had 2 slot doors - left slot token, right slot quarter
Export games had single slot doors with an electronic mechanism that could
detect whether a token was dropped or whatever coinage that country used at
the time.

You can convert a export game to a domestic 2 slot door. You will have to
add a jumper wire to the coin door interface PCB as shown:

http://gallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/sc_conv/scint?full=1

Take the coin entrance plastic from the old coin door, along with the
'cradle' (bottom plastic piece the token passes through before hitting the
cash box, and swap them onto a domestic coin door on the left hand side.
Install a token mech like the one Bay Area Amusements has on the left hand
coin door slot:

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-SC3086&Category_Code=GS-3782&Product_Count=18

--
--john

CARGPB34
http://www.myhomegameroom.com

"highjon" <jnhi...@lineone.net> wrote in message

my_spacies

Mar 31, 2008, 6:15:06 PM3/31/08
wow what a dream find !!!!!!!!

Mike G

Mar 31, 2008, 6:37:43 PM3/31/08
On Mar 31, 5:28 pm, "John Wart, jr" <johnwar...@johnwartjr.com> wrote:
> US domestic games had 2 slot doors - left slot token, right slot quarter
> Export games had single slot doors with an electronic mechanism that could
> detect whether a token was dropped or whatever coinage that country used at
> the time.
>
> You can convert a export game to a domestic 2 slot door. You will have to
> add a jumper wire to the coin door interface PCB as shown:
>
> http://gallery.myhomegameroom.com/gallery/sc_conv/scint?full=1
>
> Take the coin entrance plastic from the old coin door, along with the
> 'cradle' (bottom plastic piece the token passes through before hitting the
> cash box, and swap them onto a domestic coin door on the left hand side.
> Install a token mech like the one Bay Area Amusements has on the left hand
> coin door slot:
>
> http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Produ...
>
> --
> --john
>
> CARGPB34http://www.myhomegameroom.com
>
> "highjon" <jnhigg...@lineone.net> wrote in message

So the front of its not all swollen from sitting in that water for 2
days?

highjon

Mar 31, 2008, 8:27:30 PM3/31/08
The front is not swollen at all, there was a small triangle of mud on
the inside above the flipper buttons- the puddle wasnt too deep and
only just covered the lock down bar.
Really appreciate the comments and specific help on this one.
I trust the "is it stolen?" debate has been satisfactorily resolved -
there's not a judge in the world who could look at those pictures and
say I stole it :-)
I say I saved it
cheers
John