Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.
Stäng

Pinball 2000 Project - Working Demo - Video

1 visning

chuck

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 14:30:182008-01-31
till
http://www.chucksarcade.com/images/movie/pb2k.wmv

This shows what we've accomplished so far. We are still working out a
lot of details and it's not ready for prime time but it's very
playable. Steve, Don, and I have been working on this for a while.
Steve actually started work on his own a long while ago ;-) We are
planning on doing some very cool things. You won't have to worry
about updating the roms when you switch playfields. We plan to let
the software sense which playfield is installed to make switching
quick and easy. We also have a few other tricks up our sleeves that
we will talk about later.

I did make a mistake, I'm not a professional videographer by any
means. When I said the machine starts up in a failsafe mode and we
only read, thats not true. We do actually write to the parallel port
otherwise the lights wouldn't flash ;-) I was too lazy to figure out
how to replace the audio in that section or re-shoot the whole thing.

Chuck

chuck

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 14:34:562008-01-31
till

Also available at google:

The video quality on my site is better but if you have problems google
should work.

my_spacies

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 15:01:472008-01-31
till
wow great work !!!!!!!!

miracleman

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 15:08:022008-01-31
till
awesome, congrats!

obviously this is to resolve price/availability issues with p2k
hardware, but could the next step be someone actually making their OWN
game that could run through your emulation on a p2k game?
I know that means a lot of graphic work, but couldn't the video
graphics for RFM or SWE1 be replaced and the same pf re-screened/inked
and same number of switches be used?

Chad Tower

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 15:15:362008-01-31
till

Fantastic. I love it.

Kenbo

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 16:05:072008-01-31
till
On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:30:18 -0800 (PST), chuck <ch...@source9.com>
wrote:

Great job you guys! This is very impressive work. It will probably
have the advantage of being a little more responsive too. Sometimes
video responses to switch closures seems to lag a bit on RFM, maybe
throwing a couple of gHz at it will solve that. Of course then other
timing related bugs may show up but....

chuck

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 16:28:542008-01-31
till

In order to make a new game you would need the original development
system or extensive knowledge of how the platform works. We don't
help that much except that a person who wanted to do so wouldn't have
to make masked roms. If anyone ever decided to finish wizard blocks
the work we've done would certainly lower costs to produce a machine.
Unfortunately I don't think that will happen anytime soon. I sure
would love to see it happen though. Selfishly I'm just glad that I'll
have a working machine if my prism card fails. Actually I'll probably
take the old cpu cage out and put it in storage soon.

vetteman48

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 16:47:432008-01-31
till
On Jan 31, 2:30�pm, chuck <ch...@source9.com> wrote:

Watch for falling prices on ebay for prism and motherboards! Awesome
work.
Ron

Ken In Texas

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 19:48:072008-01-31
till
What a great job making a much needed mod for p2k.....

vetteman48 wrote:

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Joe Blasi

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 20:34:382008-01-31
till
how did you get full rom dumps of the pin 2k games?

and they a like 64meg + a game

the older 32meg dumps are bad half dumps and it was said that the rom
where too big to dump.

also the PBF was working on porting pin2k to newer hardware do they have
any thing to do with this?

there was posts about this on there web site that where lost in a form /
web site update on there site.

chuck

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 21:39:092008-01-31
till
> web site update on there site.- Hide quoted text -

TBF is not involved at all.

Borygard

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 21:50:592008-01-31
till
This is simply fantastic and amazing work!!!

Very exciting stuff for PB2K fans!!

"chuck" <ch...@source9.com> wrote in message

ataritoday

oläst,
31 jan. 2008 21:53:542008-01-31
till

Congrats to the team!

beaver

oläst,
1 feb. 2008 15:54:332008-02-01
till
Great to see work by others that promise to offer alternative hardware
to aging platforms. Way to go!

Edward Cheung CARGPB26

On Jan 31, 2:30 pm, chuck <ch...@source9.com> wrote:

Vegemite Nick

oläst,
1 feb. 2008 16:13:112008-02-01
till
This is fantastic Chuck! Congrats! I've been scared off a RFM due to
the hardware issues but knowing a replacement system is in the
works... I'm going shopping!

Regards,
Nick

0 nya meddelanden